IGNORED

Harry & Meghan 10: Even Less Relevant to the BRF

Coconut Flan

Also there is talk of Meghan comparing Charlotte unfavorably to Her BFF Mulroney’s  daughter. If this is actually true what kind of stone cold Bitch does this? 

3 hours ago, viii said:

1.  Kate cared about what the little bridesmaids wore at the wedding because her daughter was one of them. The real issue wasn’t the tights. Kate believed that Charlotte’s dress was too short and she was trying to protect her daughter’s modesty on national TV. The tights would have helped that concern. 

2. Kate didn’t wear white. She wore yellow, a perfectly acceptable colour to wear to a spring wedding. 

I can think of two other reasons why tights would have been suitable 1) big old church buildings tend to be cold 2) formal shoes can rub a little, so tights would have been a barrier.

• Upvote 4

kuva.thumb.png.213ab6eafbbcc718547c988d343525fb.png

IDK

if Meghan felt that Kate upstaged the bride then maybe Meghan oughta have had more sequins.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6

Kate wore a fairly plain outfit for a wedding.  Barring the hat, it wasn't fussy at all. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

Kate can never win at these type of events. No matter what she wears, she is likely to upstage the guest of honor because she is the Duchess of Cambridge and it is what it is. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Also there is talk of Meghan comparing Charlotte unfavorably to Her BFF Mulroney’s  daughter.

Not about the wedding, but I always wondered why Meghan, the public, the interviewer, etc. during the Africa trip seemed so shocked that no one had asked Meghan if she was ok and the implication was somehow the royal family was to blame. Meghan had real BFFs and close friends from before her marriage. Why weren’t they asking her if she was ok? After marriage most people don’t dump their whole friend group and just assume their new friend group and support network will be their husband’s family.

6 hours ago, viii said:

1.  Kate cared about what the little bridesmaids wore at the wedding because her daughter was one of them. The real issue wasn’t the tights. Kate believed that Charlotte’s dress was too short and she was trying to protect her daughter’s modesty on national TV. The tights would have helped that concern. 

2. Kate didn’t wear white. She wore yellow, a perfectly acceptable colour to wear to a spring wedding. 

Can you imagine the photos splashed across the tabloids if Charlotte had tripped or her dress had flown up and she wasn’t wearing tights? I get why Kate was adamant and I get why she probably cried (and I can see how Meghan probably cried, too…she was the bride, knew what she wanted, and most likely wasn’t thinking about the repercussions of no tights).

It will be interesting to see if Meghan tries to rebut this story this time (since apparently it’s the story that won’t die) and she thought she answered it satisfactorily during the Oprah interview.

• Upvote 10

15 minutes ago, DalmatianCat said:

Not about the wedding, but I always wondered why Meghan, the public, the interviewer, etc. during the Africa trip seemed so shocked that no one had asked Meghan if she was ok and the implication was somehow the royal family was to blame. Meghan had real BFFs and close friends from before her marriage. Why weren’t they asking her if she was ok? After marriage most people don’t dump their whole friend group and just assume their new friend group and support network will be their husband’s family.

My daughter laughed and laughed about that.  The presumption that people will continually ask if you're OK when pregnant and having had a baby was ludicrous to her.  She has lots of friends and said that the only people who repeatedly asked how she was were her doctor and me.  Close friends asked once maybe twice.  She said "I was an adult.  It was up to me to consult someone if I was having problems."  In her view Meghan should have taken responsibility for herself not sit around and pout like a five year old.  

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

Does No one count as her own husband? Because Her narrative  paints him as absent when she was supposedly so despairing and suicidal. 

• Upvote 6

10 hours ago, viii said:

Kate cared about what the little bridesmaids wore at the wedding because her daughter was one of them. 

It was not her wedding. Pull your daughter out if you don't like the clothes. You don't tell the bride what her bridesmaids can wear.

971562603_disadvantagedtights.png.26df10e7379e52d6fa957b3af2e9fd2e.png

10 hours ago, viii said:

Kate believed that Charlotte’s dress was too short and she was trying to protect her daughter’s modesty on national TV. The tights would have helped that concern. 

Kate seems quite unconcerned about her own modesty, since she doesn't seem to believe in underpants, or skirt weights. But she worries whether a toddler is modest enough?

How many people has Kate flashed during diplomatic tours? (Unintentionally, of course.) 

3 hours ago, DalmatianCat said:

Can you imagine the photos splashed across the tabloids if Charlotte had tripped or her dress had flown up and she wasn’t wearing tights?

No, but I can imagine the photos if a whirling helicopter blew up her mother's skirt. .. while her mother wasn't wearing underwear (let alone tights.)

Actually, I don't have to imagine it, because it's all over the internet, splashed all over the (non-British) tabloids.

There are no pictures of Queen Elizabeth's butt on on the internet, and she's been alive almost 100 years. 

If it had happened to Kate once, fine.  But it's happened multiple times. Makes one wonder how "accidental" it is. 

As I said before, if Kate didn't like the attire, she could have pulled Charlotte out of the wedding. She doesn't get to dictate things about someone else's wedding. A bit entitled, there.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Move Along 3
  • Fuck You 3
  • Downvote 2
  • Disgust 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1

7 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Also there is talk of Meghan comparing Charlotte unfavorably to Her BFF Mulroney’s  daughter. If this is actually true what kind of stone cold Bitch does this? 

IF it's true.

Right and left, people are saying Tom Bower lied and misrepresented them. Tom's actually discrediting himself and increasing support for H&M.

Here,  a Vanity Fair journalist flat out denies what Bower wrote about him.

1901725403_2sam.thumb.jpg.096a708cb03d38bab6c23e295b5d4bec.jpg

Edited by Jackie3
  • Move Along 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1

7 hours ago, LilaMae said:

I can think of two other reasons why tights would have been suitable 1) big old church buildings tend to be cold 2) formal shoes can rub a little, so tights would have been a barrier.

Again, it's not up to you. Or Kate. It's up to the bride.

What kind of person tells the bride what she should do on her wedding day?

8 minutes ago, viii said:

There’s no proof that Kate wasn’t wearing underwear. She could have been wearing a thong. 

Yes, that's much more suitable if your dress blows up! 

She can go commando if she wants to, who cares? But if she is pretending to be a classy, dignified royal who follows protocol, use skirt weights.

I'm pretty sure flashing is a severe breach of royal protocol. It's far more of a breach than toddlers going barelegged.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Move Along 2
  • Fuck You 2
  • Downvote 4

When the comfort of her little daughter is involved  she has not only right but the need to express her wishes and concerns. Being a mother comes before placating a bride any day. Plus  an uncomfortable little girl is a cranky one and cranky one can really put a crimp in a wedding party …how’s a melt down in the procession sound you? 

Edited by tabitha2
  • Upvote 15

Perverse: (of a person or their actions) showing a deliberate and obstinate desire to behave in a way that is unreasonable or unacceptable, often in spite of the consequences.

• Upvote 10

6 hours ago, DalmatianCat said:

…. Can you imagine the photos splashed across the tabloids if Charlotte had tripped or her dress had flown up and she wasn’t wearing tights? I get why Kate was adamant and I get why she probably cried (and I can see how Meghan probably cried, too…she was the bride, knew what she wanted, and most likely wasn’t thinking about the repercussions of no tights).

It will be interesting to see if Meghan tries to rebut this story this time (since apparently it’s the story that won’t die) and she thought she answered it satisfactorily during the Oprah interview.

“Recollections may vary.”

The story would have died if Meghan had not stirred it all up for the Oprah interview. Now there are all sorts of different versions and interpretations.

As far as I can tell, there are several different pieces to it.

(a) tights or no tights?  (b) skirt is too long/too short/not hanging right (c) Charlotte compared unfavorably with other child  (d) Kate and/or Meghan cries (e) Kate brings Meghan flowers (f) Meghan accepts flowers gracefully/ Meghan gets angry and throws flowers on the floor after slamming door.

Frankly — Who cares, at this late date?  We have a bride under considerable stress and a woman only a couple of weeks postpartum getting into a disagreement and one or both cry.  Big deal.

I think the mistake all along has been the attempt to identify “who behaved badly” and to make the other seem like a saint.  I don’t think it was really about the little girls’ tights.  

Suggestion: Since Charlotte and the other girls must have outgrown their dresses already, I suggest that the public should likewise “outgrow” the story.

Edited by EmCatlyn
Unmerge
  • Upvote 15
  • Love 1

Harry and Meghan were seated toward the middle of the second row at the “National Thanksgiving Service” during the Jubilee.  According to Bowers in an interview, the seating was arranged or at least approved by the Quuen.

I think that then expressed itself again in the jubilee," [Tom Bower] continued. "I mean what was a really remarkable story I heard, was that Meghan and Harry were late to get to St Paul's Cathedral deliberately so that they could make their own grand entrance."

"As they're walking down the aisle and they get to their seats nine and ten, they say 'well everyone should move up so that we can be on the aisle itself.' 'No' says the usher," Bower explained. "'No, you're to sit [in] nine and ten.'"

"'Who told you to tell me where to sit?,'" the author claims was Harry's response.

"'Your grandmother,' says the usher." 

Newsweek July 25. 

I don‘t know the seating plan details but Harry & Meghan were not acting inappropriately during the jubilee celebrations from what I could see. They appeared quite modest. 

Edited by prayawaythefundie
  • Upvote 1

Why didn't Kate just put a little pair of shorts under Charlotte's dress and be done with it? I mean, if the modesty of a 3-year old was such an issue. Why fight with a bride and insist on tights?

Somebody always has to get her way. #DuchessofTights

4 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Perverse: (of a person or their actions) showing a deliberate and obstinate desire to behave in a way that is unreasonable or unacceptable, often in spite of the consequences.

Exactly! She should have let the tights issue go and been more respectful of the bride and her day.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Move Along 5
  • Fuck You 2

On 7/24/2022 at 3:14 PM, WiseGirl said:

Nope, not a clue who she was.

Well, that proves. .. .what? That she's a bad person? A loser? Too uppity for her own good?

Is there a rule royals should only marry famous actresses? Has Meghan bragged about her fame? I'm just not sure of the point here. 

I don't think she was famous at all, but then again, she never said she was. She also wasn't an astronaut, and lots of other things.

She was a woman with a full-time job. That already puts her way ahead of Kate. In a very competitive field, too.

543976645_oldladytights.png.24372c585d938224f10ad3b4ab0c1c85.png

Edited by Jackie3
  • Move Along 3
  • Fuck You 2
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Eyeroll 1

It’s really both  pathetic and hilarious how an Extremely hazy spat  about a pair of child’s tights has made Rabid vicious Kate Haters cream themselves with excitement  and indignation.

Remember the Sussex squad Motto:To make their precious St Meghan of LOOK AT ME!1! any kind of VICTIM!! Any and all dubious unproven slander and bullying will do! 

Forget Camilla we know whose tampon these yahoos would love to be. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, prayawaythefundie said:

I don‘t know the seating plan details but Harry & Meghan were not acting inappropriately during the jubilee celebrations from what I could see. They appeared quite modest. 

I agree. The only thing that surprised me was they didn’t stay for the last day.

The comments about the Jubilee are more about how the Sussexes were kept out of the center of things so as to keep the focus on the Jubilee. This is what the seating plan supposedly aimed at.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, LilaMae said:

1) big old church buildings tend to be cold

I've been in St George's Chapel in a heatwave in August. It was significantly colder than outside.

The Sussexes were in a lose lose situation for the Jubilee. If they behaved inappropriately and drew significant attention to themselves, they’d be crucified in the media for upstaging the Queen. As it was, they behaved perfectly fine - showed up quietly, attended what they said they would, and then dipped - and they’re still getting crucified for “having hissy fits that things didn’t go their way” or they couldn’t film anything for Netflix. 

There was no winning for them here, no matter how they behaved, and I have to imagine that gets quite discouraging. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic