IGNORED

Harry & Meghan 10: Even Less Relevant to the BRF

Coconut Flan

20 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

The Queen doesn't pick who gets what security.  She doesn't personally pay for it either.  Take your wrath out on the people who make the rules and the decisions.

But you don’t understand! The Queen’s dead mother held the also dead nanny hostage and was mean to her. So the Queen is clearly a horrible no good very bad person who hates children. And their nannies. And possible kicked the poster’s dog. 

It’s all her fault. As are all bad things. I bet she caused Meghan’s parents’ divorce. And Covid. And she probably conspires with Hillary Clinton to do all the bad things. 

• Haha 14

26 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

But you don’t understand! The Queen’s dead mother held the also dead nanny hostage and was mean to her. So the Queen is clearly a horrible no good very bad person who hates children. And their nannies. And possible kicked the poster’s dog. 

It’s all her fault. As are all bad things. I bet she caused Meghan’s parents’ divorce. And Covid. And she probably conspires with Hillary Clinton to do all the bad things. 

You have one thing wrong. The queen would never kick a dog!  What really happened is the queen set the corgis on this other dog.

The other stuff you got right, but you forgot the part about how the queen is responsible for the heat wave.😉

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 6

And this why the Radical Anti Monarchist and Sussex Squad set is very much in the minority… nasty  and logical as a shit house Rat and just about as well informed. 

Not talking about people who reasonably defend the Sussex’s when it’s fair but the rabid worshipping ones. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

The Queen doesn't pick who gets what security.  She doesn't personally pay for it either.  Take your wrath out on the people who make the rules and the decisions.

That. Harry, as a private citizen wanted to hire police. If the UK government were to allow that it would set a legal precedent under which anyone could hire the police. That would call their impartiality into serious doubt, for me at least. As is, he is free to hire as much private security as he can pay for, but he can't pay any police force in the UK.

But in more conciliatory news, according to the Fail, the Queen has allegedly invited the Sussexes to Balmoral. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11042403/The-Queen-invited-Prince-Harry-Meghan-Markle-children-Balmoral-summer.html

However, it's the Fail and nothing has been confirmed.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

The author said: 'It's wrong to say she was a famous actress, she wasn't, she was a third rate actress, Suits was only watched by a million people.' 

From above article, Bower is arguing with somebody about whether Meghan was famous or not.

Did y'all know who she was before her engagement?

I have never watched Suits and I didn't know such a series even existed but I had seen a couple of Hallmark movies she was in. Not entirely sure I knew her name but I did recognize her face and knew that she let the hero's lantern go.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

No. I m opinion she was not famous. She was an actress on popular long running cable series  that was nominated for several awards which is an accomplishment most young actresses can only dream of but the man or women on the street would not recognize her name unless he or she was a fan of that particular show. Famous to me is Angelina or Brad or Dolley. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Nope, not a clue who she was.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

From above article, Bower is arguing with somebody about whether Meghan was famous or not.

I have never watched Suits and I didn't know such a series even existed but I had seen a couple of Hallmark movies she was in. Not entirely sure I knew her name but I did recognize her face and knew that she let the hero's lantern go.

I had never heard of her, or of Suits, until she started dating Harry. And I didn’t pay any attention (just as I didn’t pay attention to his previous GFs) until it was announced that they were to marry.  I do recall seeing the “Wild about Harry” Vanity Fair cover, but not much else.  (I was not exactly a royal follower.)  I never saw her act in anything.

• Upvote 2

I had heard of Suits but I had never heard of her before they started dating. 

Calling her a C list actress is generous, I think she was likely more D list. She didn’t become a world wide name until she started dating Harry. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, samurai_sarah said:

But in more conciliatory news, according to the Fail, the Queen has allegedly invited the Sussexes to Balmoral. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11042403/The-Queen-invited-Prince-Harry-Meghan-Markle-children-Balmoral-summer.html

However, it's the Fail and nothing has been confirmed.

Thanks for the link.  I don’t know if the Queen has really invited them, and I suspect even if she has, they may not go, unless they can bring some cameras. But we will see.

What I liked best about the article was the bits from the Bower book.  You have to take some of the reports with a grain of salt, and I don’t fault Meghan for her “embellishments” in some cases. (Who cares if her father gave her the Heart family for her birthday or for Christmas?).  However, some things (such as M’s concern about her feet in a fashion shoot) ring true. Whether she is a nice person or a bitch, Meghan always comes across as concerned with appearances.

Edited by EmCatlyn
Fix error.
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

I actually had tried to watch Suits early on in it’s run because I liked other USA shows like “Psych” and “White Collar”, but found it terribly boring and predictable, so never made it past two or three episodes. Meghan didn’t stand out to me at all other than as “obvious love-interest”. I was a fan of Gina Torres from “Firefly” and “Alias”, but even she wasn’t enough to make the show interesting.

• Upvote 4

On 7/22/2022 at 9:46 PM, tabitha2 said:

The hypocrisy!  You called the Queen a racist who had no problem with rape. You called the Cambridges prisoners and you claim Harry has such a fun happy life now. So how would YOU know? 

On 7/22/2022 at 10:48 PM, Jackie3 said:

I don't.

I do know she pays Andrew's security but does not pay Harry's. Neither is a working royal.

But you know this:  

(I still love you, though!!!!)

B950DE2B-D9F6-480F-94C6-D51B459192CD.jpeg

1 hour ago, DalmatianCat said:

I actually had tried to watch Suits early on in it’s run because I liked other USA shows like “Psych” and “White Collar”, but found it terribly boring and predictable, so never made it past two or three episodes. Meghan didn’t stand out to me at all other than as “obvious love-interest”. I was a fan of Gina Torres from “Firefly” and “Alias”, but even she wasn’t enough to make the show interesting.

I was originally a fan of Meghan’s in the years of their dating and early marriage. I tried multiple times to get into Suits and just couldn’t. It was sooooo boooooring. 

• Upvote 5

I’m another one who hadn’t heard of her before Harry. I saw an interview of the two of them before they married and it got me curious to see her acting. I watched some YouTube snippets of her in Suits and didn’t think she was very good. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DalmatianCat said:

Just here to say we might be tv show soulmates.  Goodness I loved White Collar!  And I will give anything a shot if Gina Torres is in it, because Firefly was so good!  But Suits just didn't measure up.  And I went back to it a few times because I personally knew Abigail Spencer and I LOVE Amanda Schull but I never connected to it.  But everyone...watch 12 Monkeys (the tv show) with Amanda Schull.  Whew...that's a good one for the times we're living in! ;) 

Edited by Melbelle
Hit post too early!
  • Upvote 1

waity.png.0d0c54b36f49389785f76283a862aa18.png

Why did Kate try to control what the little bridesmaids wore at Meghan's wedding? Why was it any of her business? You'd think you'd leave a bride alone on her big day. On top of everything else, Kate wore white. A white coat AND a white dress. I guess it has to always be about her. #Duchess of Tights is trending, all thanks to Tom Bower's book.

The little girls at this summer royal wedding (Zara Tindall's) aren't wearing tights, so it is not "royal protocol." I guess Kate just wanted what she wanted. Maybe if Kate wore tights herself, she wouldn't be flashing people while doing her royal duties.

FYS3jEQWAAA2FzM.jpg

• Downvote 8

I am not a fan of the NY Post and I think the article as a whole is pretty brutal, but these paragraphs are impressive snark.

Revenge,” the much-anticipated book by British investigative reporter Tom Bower, may not offer much new information, but it shines as a deep dive into their psyches.

The folie á deux on display here is worthy of a Highsmith novel: Two very broken people stoking each other’s rage, grievances and delusions of grandeur, believing in their unstoppable rise even as they fall ever downward.

What other modern-day couple would wear their expulsion from the British royal family so dementedly, like a badge of honor, while clinging to their royal titles?

https://nypost.com/2022/07/22/meghan-markle-revealed-for-what-she-really-is-a-kardashian/

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

Thanks to her parents Zara is a privileged commoner with Royal relatives.Not even a non working Royal like the York’s, Not even Titled a Lady like her youngest cousin. Just a Rich woman with great connections. She cannot have a Royal anything much less follow be expected Royal protocols. 

Accirding to Vogue:

“Another big sartorial disparity between UK and American comes in the form of its color palette. In the US, it’s a big faux pas to show up to a wedding wearing white if you aren’t the bride, but for Brits, it’s customary for bridesmaids to wear all white”

If a Bridesmaid can wear white a guest can if they really want and it might be unusual but not scandalous or in poor taste or upstaging I would think. 

Brits chime in.. is this correct? 

Edited by tabitha2
  • Upvote 2

Harry is also painted as quite dim, struggling — despite great help and leeway — with passing his classes at Eton, a D student at best.

It makes all his unending pontificating, most recently to a thin crowd of stragglers at the UN, that much more insufferable.

Wondering what grades you need to make in order for endless pontification to be OK.

• Haha 8

52 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Thanks to her parents Zara is a privileged commoner with Royal relatives.Not even a non working Royal like the York’s, Not even Titled a Lady like her youngest cousin. Just a Rich woman with great connections. She cannot have a Royal anything much less follow be expected Royal protocols. 

Accirding to Vogue:

“Another big sartorial disparity between UK and American comes in the form of its color palette. In the US, it’s a big faux pas to show up to a wedding wearing white if you aren’t the bride, but for Brits, it’s customary for bridesmaids to wear all white”

If a Bridesmaid can wear white a guest can if they really want and it might be unusual but not scandalous or in poor taste or upstaging I would think. 

Brits chime in.. is this correct? 

I don’t think that’s true per se. Especially as a horde of bradesmaids is not traditional as well. Flowergirls definitely have a tradition and putting them in white dresses is common. But as far as I know white/Creme is still the colour of the bride. Champagne or light grey is definitely ok though. Or the light yellow Kate wore. 

I watched Suits (got more and more bored though). I liked her character in the beginnings but the development went quickly from spunky, though and smart to crying, helpless and lost. Not M fault though. I loved the clothes. M did a solid job in my opinion but she is not what I would call gifted or overly talented. But that’s always just a few of many. 
She should have bought Rachel’s wardrobe for her new role as Duchess of Sussex. They would have worked very well. I still wouldn’t say she was famous. Famous are the big screen names and just a few tv series actors. I would look more than once for George Cloony but only once for the guy that played Barney from HIMYM for example (and he was my favourite). But holding a part in a long running series is definitely something many actors dream about and only few make it.

I was surprised when they news broke and pretty excited. They completely lost me with Oprah. Before that I thought they could have done things differently but I didn’t get the drama. I am still firm that they had every right to step back and carve out a new live. But they way they went about it rubbed me the wrong way. They can do what they want but they can’t expect people to applaud them for it.

• Upvote 8

17 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

A third rate actress from several bad Hallmark movies.

• Haha 3

On YT There is a fellow by the name of HG Tudor reviewing the Bower book with his own thoughts added in. It’s interesting how he focuses on her narcissism and control issues.

Edited by tabitha2
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

Why did Kate try to control what the little bridesmaids wore at Meghan's wedding? Why was it any of her business? You'd think you'd leave a bride alone on her big day. On top of everything else, Kate wore white. A white coat AND a white dress. I guess it has to always be about her. 

1.  Kate cared about what the little bridesmaids wore at the wedding because her daughter was one of them. The real issue wasn’t the tights. Kate believed that Charlotte’s dress was too short and she was trying to protect her daughter’s modesty on national TV. The tights would have helped that concern. 

2. Kate didn’t wear white. She wore yellow, a perfectly acceptable colour to wear to a spring wedding. 

• Upvote 18

• Coconut Flan locked this topic