IGNORED

Above Rubies and Nancy Campbell?

GenerationCedarchip

I have some familiarity with Above Rubies magazine. My mom's a subscriber and I know some people who hoard back issues like they're gold. However, aside from the occasional mention, I don't know a whole lot about Nancy Campbell aside from hearing about her retreats. I never got the pleasure, but I know several women from the fundie-farm have been. I've heard her mentioned often but never in any detail so I was just curious. What's the deal with Nancy Campbell? Who is she and where does she fit in? Thanks!

One YouTube video should do it:

She's batshit crazy, and she fits into the loony bin.

Isn't her daughter the one who lives on the family compound with a passel of kids and NO heat, electricity, running water, or a livable downstairs?

One YouTube video should do it:

She's batshit crazy, and she fits into the loony bin.

Sorry, the first 20 seconds was all I could take!! :puke-front: Her voice, never mind what she says, is really, really irritating!

I will take your word for it that she's batshit crazy and fits in the loony bin.

Is she a natural redhead? Normally us redheads have to stick together but Ill pass on Nancy.

I know some people who hoard back issues like they're gold

That would be me. Even though my fundie-lite days are over, I still can't bear to get rid of the magazines. I have also been to a ladies retreat and a family retreat. The Campbells seem to keep to themselves. The daughters' families and parents and one of the sons lived so close to one another, it could be considered a family compound. Recently their daughter Serene has moved. Hopefully the living conditions of her family have improved. At least we know that the conditions couldn't possibly be any worse. Last I knew (which was some years ago) the family went to a regular nearby church (Methodist, maybe?) because they couldn't find a church that fit their convictions in their area. Anyway, it gave them the opportunity to "minister" to their neighbors. I admit, I like Nancy and her daughters. Crazy? Maybe. Naive? Most definitely. I just think that for the most part they are sincere, even if they have made some questionable decisions.

Every time I think of her, I remember hearing an NPR interview with her, and then they lead in and interview Kathryn Joyce.

Nancy says, in her weird sounding "I used to live in NZ" Americanized funky accent with all kinds of excitement, "The womb, the womb is a weapon." My girlfriend heard that and said, "Yeah, and my vagina has teeth."

Nancy sounded like the worst kind of crazy nutball. I sat back and said that Kathryn didn't have all that hard of a job making these people look bad, because they do a great job of doing it on their own without even being selective.

"The womb, the womb is a weapon!" She sounded all spooky, and I imagined her eyes being bugged out as she said it.

She's such a health food nut that her teeth are bright orange from drinking carrot juice. She looks like a freak. If you go to hear her talk somewhere, she'll apparently tell you about the evils of eating cereal and God knows what. It's a two for one show. You get health food advice and wacko religion for one price.

Every time I think of her, I remember hearing an NPR interview with her, and then they lead in and interview Kathryn Joyce.

Nancy says, in her weird sounding "I used to live in NZ" Americanized funky accent with all kinds of excitement, "The womb, the womb is a weapon." My girlfriend heard that and said, "Yeah, and my vagina has teeth."

OMG, your gf is hilarious! I'm going to have to look that up in the NPR archives - lol.

Couldn't watch more than 15-20 seconds of that video either. Is it the one where she goes on & on about "womb-man?"

Batshit crazy about sums it up.

Archived