IGNORED

Unmarried Fundies 11: Searching for that 90 Day Fiancé

Bethella

Water balloons being thrown instead of rice or bubbles is a first. Eric Vest did the photography. His wife is a Kingery. And so is Matthias Wissmann’s wife. So thats probably how they got him as a photographer. I imagine he charges more than fundies can afford. Since he’s quite good and does this for a living. He does mostly mainstream weddings. 

445BDCF2-5132-49C0-9332-E3A68DFDB192.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 5

30 minutes ago, SwimmerBoy29 said:

Anyone else notice the dude on the left in a t shirt and gym shorts?

I’m guessing he changed at the reception. It’s fairly common if you had to wear something uncomfortable and pictures are done. 

• Upvote 2

On 5/20/2023 at 1:55 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yes, Logan was friends with Trace. They used to hang out together a lot. 

Logan was one of Trace's groomsman just last year. But Lydia can't leave the US and the wedding was in Mexico. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/6/2023 at 1:21 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m guessing he changed at the reception. It’s fairly common if you had to wear something uncomfortable and pictures are done. 

I never understand this. Changing your shoes I can understand but how uncomfortable can your clothes be? It is not like they have to wear a knights armor or anything.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

I never understand this. Changing your shoes I can understand but how uncomfortable can your clothes be? It is not like they have to wear a knights armor or anything.

I think rented suits can be pretty uncomfortable. Like if he was a groomsman. I think men who actually own the suit they are wearing are probably much more comfortable. But I’ve heard from men that rented suits for a wedding can be uncomfortable. Most men just take off the jacket, tie, and unbutton the collar. Which can help. My husband has told me that rented shoes to go with your suit are just the worst. He says they are never comfortable. And the clothing can be scratchy and my not always fit correctly. Even if you were measured. Since it’s a water balloon send off, I imagine they weren’t being super fancy by that point in the wedding anyway. 

• Upvote 4

On 7/2/2023 at 6:50 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Water balloons being thrown instead of rice or bubbles is a first. Eric Vest did the photography. His wife is a Kingery. And so is Matthias Wissmann’s wife. So thats probably how they got him as a photographer. I imagine he charges more than fundies can afford. Since he’s quite good and does this for a living. He does mostly mainstream weddings. 

445BDCF2-5132-49C0-9332-E3A68DFDB192.jpeg

Eric's prices actually aren't bad. In fact they're actually normal pricing. Tbh I looked into him to do my wedding because everyone else here in MN is way over our budget for photography 

• Eyeroll 1

30 minutes ago, RebeccaRay said:

Eric's prices actually aren't bad. In fact they're actually normal pricing. Tbh I looked into him to do my wedding because everyone else here in MN is way over our budget for photography 

I said he charges more than FUNDIES can afford. Most fundies are married young and don’t have a ton of money. His average rate is $4500. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think rented suits can be pretty uncomfortable. Like if he was a groomsman. I think men who actually own the suit they are wearing are probably much more comfortable. But I’ve heard from men that rented suits for a wedding can be uncomfortable. Most men just take off the jacket, tie, and unbutton the collar. Which can help. My husband has told me that rented shoes to go with your suit are just the worst. He says they are never comfortable. And the clothing can be scratchy and my not always fit correctly. Even if you were measured. Since it’s a water balloon send off, I imagine they weren’t being super fancy by that point in the wedding anyway. 

Ah yes, that does make sense, especially for cheap rentals.

But indeed, taking of the jacket, unbottoning the collar and changing shoes already makes a huge difference. 

And to be honest, if I was a male fundie with that many weddings, I would definitely own a nice shirt and pants (and a nice dress for the female fundie) to wear as a wedding guest and change into after the groomsman attire. How can you not own even one 'fancy outfit' if you have a wedding every other week.

• Upvote 5

Looking at fundie wedding pics is funny because of the range of attire. You’ve got guys in suits, guys in button downs and khakis, and then half the females are in t shirts and maxi skirts. It’s definitely a fundie thing, but I remember seeing wedding pics from a family that’s been discussed here and the groom’s sister was not in the wedding and wore a shirt with a denim skirt and a cardigan.

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

Ah yes, that does make sense, especially for cheap rentals.

But indeed, taking of the jacket, unbottoning the collar and changing shoes already makes a huge difference. 

And to be honest, if I was a male fundie with that many weddings, I would definitely own a nice shirt and pants (and a nice dress for the female fundie) to wear as a wedding guest and change into after the groomsman attire. How can you not own even one 'fancy outfit' if you have a wedding every other week.

What sucks is that suits are so many colors these days. Back when I got married in the 2000s, they were always black. Like I mean always. But now it can be a light gray suit, a dark gray suit, a brown suit, a beige suit, a white suit, a navy suit, or a black suit. Buying one suit might only cover that wedding and no others you are in for the next few years. 

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

So many Linzey’s are married now! I remember when they had a bunch of single adult children. Now most are married. 

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

So many Linzey’s are married now! I remember when they had a bunch of single adult children. Now most are married. 

I just know that Elisabeth, Christina and Charity are married.... Who else?? Anna and Laura are still single.... Josiah who is 26? Joshua is only 20... and Joanna 18...

Edited by Eleonore Peyrac

4 minutes ago, Eleonore Peyrac said:

I just know that Elisabeth, Christina and Charity are married.... Who else?? Anna and Laura are still single.... Josiah who is 26? Joshua is only 20...

Lol I was thinking of the large fundie family with the last name Lindsey not Linzey 😂

Too many fundies!

• Haha 2

The one with the bluegrass band?

Went looking for wedding photos and instead found an article about them (the Linzeys) that discusses how they celebrate different holidays.

Apparently on Halloween they sit out and play Christian videos and pass out chocolate and copies of Bible verses.

Aside from the fact that they’re out evangelizing on Halloween.. I do respect that they give out chocolate too and they’re not giving out Chick tracts. I got one when I was maybe 8 where a dude gets hit by car and goes to Hell and my parents were PISSED. And now I’m kinda bummed that I had fundies in my neighborhood before I knew what a fundie was.

• Upvote 5

On 7/19/2023 at 7:52 PM, Eleonore Peyrac said:

I just know that Elisabeth, Christina and Charity are married.... Who else?? Anna and Laura are still single.... Josiah who is 26? Joshua is only 20... and Joanna 18...

Josiah married a girl called Danielle Ceaser on 9th June this year. The Linzeys had three weddings in the space of a week!

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1

20 minutes ago, Triplet3 said:

Josiah married a girl called Danielle Ceaser on 9th June this year. The Linzeys had three weddings in the space of a week!

Wow!  That’s interesting. 

21 hours ago, Triplet3 said:

The Linzeys had three weddings in the space of a week!

I get wanting your own day but dang, if I were their parent I’d beg for all three to be on a single day!

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

Did we know that Paul Morton is getting married? Alyssa has an IG story about making a wedding quilt for the last Morton. 

• Upvote 5

32 minutes ago, JMO said:

Did we know that Paul Morton is getting married? Alyssa has an IG story about making a wedding quilt for the last Morton. 

We knew Paul was dating someone because over a year ago he posted a picture with a girl on his Facebook page. 

I looked up their registry and apparently it’s Nada Campana’s sister. Which isn’t shocking. Since all of these people only marry into a very small amount of families. Her name is Helena and their wedding is Sept. 21st.

https://www.zola.com/wedding/helenaandpaul2023

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

We knew Paul was dating someone because over a year ago he posted a picture with a girl on his Facebook page. 

I looked up their registry and apparently it’s Nada Campana’s sister. Which isn’t shocking. Since all of these people only marry into a very small amount of families. Her name is Helena and their wedding is Sept. 21st.

https://www.zola.com/wedding/helenaandpaul2023

Wow, they kept that one quiet! I'd been scanning photos from the OSA conference trying to see if they were still together...

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Wow, they kept that one quiet! I'd been scanning photos from the OSA conference trying to see if they were still together...

Since she lives many states away, I imagine it was easy to hide. Long distance relationships mean they aren’t actually together that much. 

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unpinned this topic