IGNORED

Unmarried Fundies 11: Searching for that 90 Day Fiancé

Bethella

@Sk8ter

I went back and gave the 2nd half a try and finished... I hope they are happy it all just seems SO ODD to me. Dad gets  7 hours* of face to face getting to know you time with this guy to gain approval and then the actual couple can phone call?  And how do these people that hardly get to spend any in person time together have SO MANY photos of each other?  

* Makes me wonder how the Craig/Maxwell courting situation went down - how long were they together before Covid.. I know they Married in May2020.. A story we will probably never hear.. Or I just missed it

• Upvote 6

42 minutes ago, NoseyNellie said:

@Sk8ter

I went back and gave the 2nd half a try and finished... I hope they are happy it all just seems SO ODD to me. Dad gets  7 hours* of face to face getting to know you time with this guy to gain approval and then the actual couple can phone call?  And how do these people that hardly get to spend any in person time together have SO MANY photos of each other?  

* Makes me wonder how the Craig/Maxwell courting situation went down - how long were they together before Covid.. I know they Married in May2020.. A story we will probably never hear.. Or I just missed it

I’m just glad Anna and Jesse seem to be doing their own thing. They could have lived in the house Jesse bought that is very close to Maxhell. But they chose to keep renting it and moved away to a larger city. And they didn’t have their first child for three years into marriage. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were preventing. Those reversal kids are doing their own thing. I hope their courtship wasn’t as ridiculous as this couple. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5

What's the age difference? Rachael is the oldest Craig daughter, and Isaac is in his second year of law school. He must be what, 25 (unless he didn't go straight to law school after college). 

Anyone? 

eta Not age shaming. Just observing the run on older brides of late. Jana Duggar could well end up with a 25 year old! 

Edited by marmalade
  • Upvote 4

7 hours ago, marmalade said:

What's the age difference? Rachael is the oldest Craig daughter

Rachael Craig was born on 1998 so 25 y too

Edited by Eleonore Peyrac
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

23 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m just glad Anna and Jesse seem to be doing their own thing. They could have lived in the house Jesse bought that is very close to Maxhell. But they chose to keep renting it and moved away to a larger city. And they didn’t have their first child for three years into marriage. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were preventing. Those reversal kids are doing their own thing. I hope their courtship wasn’t as ridiculous as this couple. 

For some reason my mind took “doing their own thing” and “moved away to a larger city” and created this image in my mind of them doing stuff like wine and game nights with friends and meeting people at the pub for beer and apps and that’s definitely NOT what they’re doing lol, but seriously good on them for getting away!

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, JMO said:

I attempted to read that.  What in the holy hell?!?

I think it may be a failed attempt to sound whimsical - reminded me a lot of Addie Morton's old blog posts...

• Upvote 6

Hello everyone, I`m new here. I`m a longtime lurker. I´m here to say that Jacob Arndt and Joan Philip are engaged. Her facebook page says that she is engaged to Jacob Arndt.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 15

Timothy Rodrigues proposed to Heidi Coverett. The ring was actually really gorgeous.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 9

On 10/10/2023 at 3:43 AM, avid genealogist said:

Hello everyone, I`m new here. I`m a longtime lurker. I´m here to say that Jacob Arndt and Joan Philip are engaged. Her facebook page says that she is engaged to Jacob Arndt.

Is this the 2nd or 3rd Arndt to get married?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, JMO said:

Is this the 2nd or 3rd Arndt to get married?

So 3rd to get engaged. Only 1 is married right now until next weekend

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

Arndt #3 married a few months ago, #6 is getting married the 21st, #9 just got engaged, and #10 is still dating his girlfriend and hasn’t asked her yet. But I bet he will by the end of the year. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 8

Stephen Barry got engaged to Amy Bartram in July and their wedding is on 21st October.

Edited by Triplet3
  • Upvote 1

On 10/13/2023 at 8:12 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Kaitlyn Coghlan married Peter Franklin today. 

Is she from that family that used to be super VF and had the blog titled “In a Shoebox” or something like that, and now the parents run a drop shipping business and the family seems to have done a complete 180? Like I don’t keep up with them on Facebook but if you looked at their website they just look like a family with a lot of kids.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, SwimmerBoy29 said:

Is she from that family that used to be super VF and had the blog titled “In a Shoebox” or something like that, and now the parents run a drop shipping business and the family seems to have done a complete 180? Like I don’t keep up with them on Facebook but if you looked at their website they just look like a family with a lot of kids.

Yes, it was Life in a Shoe. They have 13 kids. They live very very different lives now. They made beds for their daughters out of metal shelving. There was very little head room at all. And it was disturbing to see. Now they live in a big house with an in ground pool and hot tub. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Here’s a picture of the beds made out of shelving. They had 2 of these for 9 kids. 

CBF59A7A-D1EB-4486-B395-6E1A452BE5D9.jpeg

Any idea what was the impetus for the change? A big house must be a shocking change for any children who remember sleeping on shelving!

1 minute ago, Giraffe said:

Any idea what was the impetus for the change? A big house must be a shocking change for any children who remember sleeping on shelving!

When they worked for Dougie at vision forum, I believe they worked in the warehouse. I doubt he paid much. I assume they took that knowledge when VF crashed and used it to start their Amazon seller business. That’s how they have money now. They have way fewer kids at home now and a much bigger house. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4

2 hours ago, Honey Beach said:

Jessica Richardson married Dave Harshberger on Saturday. They looked so happy and she looked lovely in her beautiful gown.

I think it may have been on Sunday. She also said he has a big family plus his last name makes me think his family may be ex Amish. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think it may have been on Sunday. She also said he has a big family plus his last name makes me think his family may be ex Amish. 

Yes, the registry said 10/15/23.

And now I am officially The Biggest Hypocrite Ever, my new rank

Edited by justmy2cents
  • Upvote 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unpinned this topic