IGNORED

Faux 4: A News Channel That Shows No News

GreyhoundFan

25 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

This is disappointing. 

I understand it though.  The lawyer for Dominion were trying to do the best they could for the company.  And there are more cases out there with Smartmatic and Abby Grossberg.  I'm just peeved that it doesn't appear that they have to offer an on-air apology.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Xan said:

I understand it though.  The lawyer for Dominion were trying to do the best they could for the company.  And there are more cases out there with Smartmatic and Abby Grossberg.  I'm just peeved that it doesn't appear that they have to offer an on-air apology.

And let's not forget Mikey.  That's the one I'm waiting for.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

I’m wondering if Dominion will now be pursuing others, besides the usual suspects, in its quest for justice.  Maybe I’m reading too much into it, and it’s just Giuliani, Powell, etc.  Here is a quote from the Washington Post:  

2 hours ago

By Matthew Brown

National correspondent focusing on democracy issues

Dominion attorney Stephen Shackelford hinted at more litigation regarding election conspiracy theories, citing challenges Dominion employees still face over election misinformation.

“Money is accountability, and we got that today from Fox, but we’re not done yet. We’ve got some other people who have some accountability coming toward them,” he said. “And we’ll move right on to the next one.”

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

I was thinking about the payout amount of $787.5 million and I think there's a likely scenario.  I'm sure that Murdoch was wanting to bargain them down to $500 million or so but the amount they were suing for was $1.6 billion.  I bet they haggled this morning and the Dominion lawyers came down firm on getting at least 50% of that amount which would have been $800 million.  If Fox came back and offered $775 million maybe they agreed to meet in the middle and that would have been $787.5 mil.  If that's anywhere near correct, Dominion came very close to getting what they wanted.  Murdoch must have been terrified of what would come out at trial if he let them get that much.

I hope they bankrupt Sidney Powell, Rudy Giuliani, NewsMax, OAN, and Mike Lindell.

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

Wow!

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 3

46 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Wow!

They deserve to be fired but it is reveals a great deal that only women lost their jobs over this. What about Tucker and Hannity? Their hands are just as dirty. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

24 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

They deserve to be fired but it is reveals a great deal that only women lost their jobs over this. What about Tucker and Hannity? Their hands are just as dirty. 

Dan Bongino was fired too. I agree that Carlson, Hannity, and Ingraham need to go. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

Related - Lachlan Murdoch has withdrawn his defamation case against the publisher of Crikey.

Spoiler

Lachlan Murdoch drops defamation case against Crikey

Murdoch's lawyer John Churchill issued a statement this morning saying he had filed a notice of discontinuance.

Fox Corporation CEO Lachlan Murdoch has withdrawn his defamation case against Crikey. Murdoch’s lawyer John Churchill issued a statement this morning saying he had filed a notice of discontinuance in the matter.

Private Media issued a statement calling the outcome “a substantial victory for legitimate public interest journalism”.

“We stand by what we published last June,” the statement went on, calling the imputations drawn by Murdoch’s team “ridiculous”.

Churchill maintained that Murdoch “remains confident that the court would ultimately find in his favour, however, he does not wish to further enable Crikey’s use of the court to litigate a case from another jurisdiction that has already been settled and facilitate a marketing campaign designed to attract subscribers and boost their profits”.

Private Media said this was “absurd”.

“The fact is, Murdoch sued us, and then dropped his case. We are proud to have exposed the hypocrisy and abuse of power of a media billionaire. This is a victory for free speech. We won.” 

The “case from another jurisdiction” referenced above is the defamation claim Fox News and Fox Corp were facing from Dominion Voting Systems. The case settled this week for US$787.5 million (just over a billion in Australian dollars), roughly half the damages Dominion was seeking.

Dominion argued it had been defamed by Fox’s amplification of the false theory that Dominion’s voting machines had played a part in voter fraud in the 2020 US presidential election. Upon the settlement, Fox issued a statement that tersely “acknowledged” the court’s rulings “finding certain claims about Dominion to be false”.

Lachlan Murdoch had initiated the proceedings in August last year in response to a June 29 2022 article about the public hearings into the US Capitol riots in January 2021.

I do like the "we don't want to essentially defemd the same case in a different jurisdiction".

Also apparently they have to pay Crikey's legal costs... expensive week for the Murdochs. 

• Upvote 7

First, I had to double check that it’s not April 1, and now I’ll join @Loveday :cracking-up:

I hope he stays out of politics and just goes away. 

• Upvote 12

I’ve heard that Lou Dobbs is out too. I’m trying to find a good source. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 11

8 minutes ago, CTRLZero said:

First, I had to double check that it’s not April 1, and now I’ll join @Loveday :cracking-up:

I hope he stays out of politics and just goes away. 

Just talking about this with husband. He’s wondering if Tucker is wanting to be Fucknut’s running mate for 2024 (I actually may pay to watch the cat fight between him and Margie for the spot if true), or he’s thinking about running for the top spot himself. 🤮

• Upvote 11

16 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I’ve heard that Lou Dobbs is out too. I’m trying to find a good source. 

I wonder whether Tucker knew that Friday was his last show.

I'm looking around for current, credible news on Dobbs.  Nothing yet...

• Upvote 11

Wow, Tucker's ousting has even made the news over here! Couldn't have happened to a more deserving person.

The official statement by Fox:

FOX News Media and Tucker Carlson have agreed to part ways. We thank him for his service to the network as a host and prior to that as a contributor.

Mr. Carlson’s last program was Friday April 21st. Fox News Tonight will air live at 8 PM/ET starting this evening as an interim show helmed by rotating FOX News personalities until a new host is named.

FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the free ad-supported television service FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for more than 21 consecutive years, while FBN ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by Fox Corporation, FOX News Media reaches nearly 200 million people each month.

Note how the last paragraph (with the most text!) is tooting their own horn and not about Tuckums whatsoever.

50 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

I wonder whether Tucker knew that Friday was his last show.

It doesn't seem so.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

Seems like Fox is trying to clean house. Hannity needs to be next. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, AnywhereButHere said:

Just talking about this with husband. He’s wondering if Tucker is wanting to be Fucknut’s running mate for 2024 (I actually may pay to watch the cat fight between him and Margie for the spot if true), or he’s thinking about running for the top spot himself. 🤮

I thought of both options and both are appalling and terrifying.

• Upvote 9

Good question!

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 7

I wonder if this is a required part of the Dominion settlement.  Or, they are setting the stage for the next lawsuits - “we got rid of the troublemakers, see?”

• Upvote 9

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic