IGNORED

(Possible CSA Warning) Josh & Anna 36: Waiting for the Trial

Coconut Flan

I'm going waaaaay out on a limb and hang by ragged fingernails and say:  I think Josh will cop a plea, before the trial goes to the jury for deliberation. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

6 minutes ago, gustava said:

I'm going waaaaay out on a limb and hang by ragged fingernails and say:  I think Josh will cop a plea, before the trial goes to the jury for deliberation. 

As the clock strikes midnight 🕛!!!

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, VixenToast said:

I swear to Rufus there was once an episode of 19kac where they talked about covenant eyes. Or if not CE, then something similar. I remember Jana being the sibling in charge of all the passwords, so she was the accountability person. Does anyone else remember?

I want to get all of the pre-counting on episodes on dvd just so I can rewatch and have the useless knowledge.

The DVDs are actually pretty hard to find and expensive. Amazon has a bundle with 17K&C, the first season of 18K&C, and the first season of 19K&C at a reasonable price. Wikipedia says that only the second seasons of 18K&C and 19K&C are also on DVD, and secondhand copies are quite expensive. Note that the DVDs treat them all as one show, so that Josie is born on the first episode of season four. No one seems to be selling the DVDs new, and I don’t think Counting On or the early specials are on DVD at all.  

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

I think he may eventually capitulate - it will be last minute amid much wailing of persecution and Satan and he’ll ask for sentencing to be after Christmas so he can host one last ugly sweater party.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 5

Check you library for Kids and Counting DVDs. They can probably request them for you from another library if they don’t have them.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

I can't believe that once upon a time I was rooting for Anna. When they were in DC, even tho his job was disgusting and a lot was staged for TV, it looked like she could be expanding her horizons--doing normal things, meeting normal and even accomplished people, wearing nice clothes and going to nice restaurants  at least tangentially being exposed to culture. I thought she might expand her horizons (hell, she found out "how easy it is to get a library card"!)

Now she just makes me sick. My friend uses a French phrase, which I forget in French because I don't speak it, but it translates to "a face that was made for smacking." That's how I felt when I saw the exiting-the-courthouse pic.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 15

11 hours ago, gustava said:

I don't think the feds offer pleas at the end of trials.

The whole purpose of a plea is to save prosecutors the trouble and expense of a trial, and to reduce the caseload in the court system.

It's not like you can wait and see how the trial goes, and then still take the plea if you fee it's going badly. That's my understanding, but there may be prosecutors or defense attorneys who can speak to this.

• Upvote 13

9 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

Hopefully he will turn into a rotten pumpkin. 

8 hours ago, closetcagebaby said:

“Turn into”? He already is!

That is grossly unfair to rotten pumpkins!

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 6

Anyone else watching the Emily D. Baker coverage of the new motions?

Emily D said the prosecution wanted to have a witness from the original child molestation events.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 6

Emily D seemed to me to say that she thinks the molestation history WILL be ruled as allowable IF the defense tries to say that someone else had to have done the download because he is not a pedophile or interested in such images. 

I was surprised by that but gosh that would be great. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

I feel for his sisters who were molested then forced to say it was no big deal. This would bring it all up again. Jill at least, has received secular counseling.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 14

7 hours ago, patsymae said:

My friend uses a French phrase, which I forget in French because I don't speak it, but it translates to "a face that was made for smacking.

Not sure about French, but in German we have "Backpfeifengesicht" which expresses pretty much the same idea.

Disclaimer: No, I'm not in favour of anyone smacking Anna. But some of her expressions are really hard to bear.

Edited by Nothing if not critical
  • Upvote 12
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 2

8 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

I don't think the feds offer pleas at the end of trials.

The whole purpose of a plea is to save prosecutors the trouble and expense of a trial, and to reduce the caseload in the court system.

It's not like you can wait and see how the trial goes, and then still take the plea if you fee it's going badly. That's my understanding, but there may be prosecutors or defense attorneys who can speak to this.

Duggar Data is a lawyer and here's what she had to say about it.

Under the Federal rules, there is no set timeline that dictates when the Defendant must accept a plea. It is theoretically possible to negotiate a plea deal even during the trial, at literally any point until the verdict.

That said, plea deals are offered the the prosecutor, and it’s fairly common for the prosecutor, not court, to put an “expiration date” on the deal. Like, take it by XYZ date or it’s off the table.

(ETA: Just because one offer expires doesn’t mean the trial is for sure; a different deal could be offered later.)

I have no inside information about plea negotiations in Josh’s case.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 9

6 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

I feel for his sisters who were molested then forced to say it was no big deal. This would bring it all up again. Jill at least, has received secular counseling.

By what was stated in the documents, it wouldn’t be what happened to Jill and Jessa that would be as much the focus, it would be the second set of assaults of the two younger sisters.

* if you have a strong stomach, it’s in the court documents about why they want to include the past molestations. 

Edited by Mama Mia
Edited for too much detail
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 8

1 hour ago, Mama Mia said:

By what was stated in the documents, it wouldn’t be what happened to Jill and Jessa that would be as much the focus, it would be the second set of assaults of the two younger sisters.

* if you have a strong stomach, it’s in the court documents about why they want to include the past molestations. 

Yup. Time to send Joy on a “mission” to a very remote location without phones.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 4
  • WTF 1

10 hours ago, Mela99 said:

Truth. Rotten pumpkins are useful for fertilizer !

That’s all the monster is fit for. Very fitting. 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Nothing if not critical said:

Not sure about French, but in German we have "Backpfeifengesicht" which expresses pretty much the same idea.

Disclaimer: No, I'm not in favour of anyone smacking Anna. But some of her expressions are really hard to bear.

Ughhh yes the adoring gaze. Her adoring gaze was the WORST. 🤢 And there are a lot of adoring gazers to choose from in that group. 

• Upvote 7

5 hours ago, BadMurphy said:

Yup. Time to send Joy on a “mission” to a very remote location without phones.

Poor Joy. At the same time, I’d love for someone who is still completely on board with the fundie lifestyle to testify against Josh. Anna might realize it’s not coming from Satan. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

I think Joy has doubled down in the fundie lifestyle and I doubt she’d get involved to Josh’s detriment- I don’t think she’ll be acting as a character witness any time soon either. 
If the prosecution motion succeeds, that alone should make this turd plead guilty- having abused his sisters and others, they now have to relive having that abuse dragged up in court because of his appalling behaviour. They’ll cry persecution but this is squarely on Josh and his parents - his actions and the way they handled it and their gross neglect of the victims’ welfare.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 13

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic