IGNORED

(Possible CSA Warning) Josh & Anna 36: Waiting for the Trial

Coconut Flan

7 hours ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

How can she support him during this trial? It's inexplicable and inexcusable.

Screenshot_20211118_204954_com.twitter.android.thumb.jpg.be18193cd743eeb08b146de57fbed9cf.jpgScreenshot_20211118_205003_com.twitter.android.thumb.jpg.f4e439c623301faec6dd23ffeadbc98d.jpg

Put me in the group who believe Anna will never leave. 

Least their fucking mouths are covered so we can’t see their putrid smirks. This is why the baby announcement came out yesterday because she would be in public today. 

7 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I’m assuming JB is terrified of being under oath. 

What???? What did I miss???? Where was this confirmed. He will still lie I bet. 

• Upvote 5

Oddest name I've personally come across that wasn't just KreaTiv spelling was a kid in my youngest kid's kindergarten class named Clementine.  Ok, old-fashioned name that you don't hear really anymore.  But this Clementine was a boy.  I'm not really sure what his parents were thinking.  I don't think they were American (trying to recall if I ever interacted with his mom ... as far as I recall they weren't English-speaking at home but I'm not totally sure about that).  So might have been a case of 'heard this name in a song and thought it sounded nice and American'.  Hopefully he started going by Clem when he got older.  

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, marmalade said:

They have to get Boob to court first. He was in Big Sandy this past weekend at a father/son event, and some Duggars are at Silver Dollar City today. No wonder they can't serve him!

They should stick the fj sleuths in charge of tracking him down. 

Edited by AussieKrissy
Dam auto correct fj not first
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 14
  • I Agree 5

40 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Poor Josiah. I really reckon they are gun it at him.

Josiah hasn't been mentioned by name in any of the recent court activity though. And even though there was speculation that the three witnesses on the day of the raid included Duggar brothers like Josiah and Joe, I think they were identified as non-Duggar employees. If anything, Josh's defense will try to pin it on whichever witness was a convict, even though 1) he was in jail on the days of the downloads and 2) it would be rich to say that you can't assume Josh would do this even though he's a fucking child molester, but you can assume this Random Guy did it because he was in jail once for a completely unrelated charge. 

• Upvote 9

35 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

They should stick the fj sleuths in charge of tracking him down. 

Or they could just go to his Facebook page and see he was at home throwing a gigantic public event. I don’t think he’s “hiding” so much as hasn’t been home when they’ve come by because he’s out campaigning. 

• Upvote 9

4 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

My understanding of home confinement with electronic monitoring is that generally the person isn’t required to have supervision 24/7. They can’t be living independently, especially in cases like this where there’s severe restrictions on internet usage and contact with minors — but whoever is monitoring them can leave when needed. 

I was on home confinement and was only allowed to leave for work and appointments (doctor, counselor, PO) Oh and court. You pay something like $1300 for the ankle bracelet (which you have to give back) and they charge you an additional $8-13 a day for "monitoring". But you have to do all the work anytime you leave you have to record it and get signatures and submit it weekly to either your PO or the completely worthless employees at the for profit company GEO corp/BI that run PO and pretrial services in most of the US. And you have a curfew and can only be out after that if it's pre arranged like a work schedule.  I could have lived by myself but lived with my dad for a bit because about 90% of my paychecks were going to BI for all their extra fees and charges and crap and my savings had PO aid for drugs then a lawyer.

Mine was part of sentencing and was because I was in and out of the hospital a lot for my autoimmune disorder and they didn't want to pay my medical bills or be responsible for my health issues in the rural county jail. So of course I had no internet restriction or restriction from minors. Just standard random UAs at $25 a pop 5-6 times a month on average.

On pretrial I wasn't on house confinement just regular bail but I had to pay BI $50 a month for monitoring (which literally was me calling their number which they never answered) and leaving a VM with my name every day. Yep and they get $50 a month per person for that totally legit service >.> And of course $100-200 a month in random UAs. And that was pre trial I guess innocent until proven guilty isn't necessary for lining corporate coffers with the money of the disenfranchised. Its no wonder there's so much recidivism when the for profit company that puts minimum wage workers with less training than McDonald's in charge of literal life and death issues where one paper error can cost a "client" thousands of dollars or years of their freedom, while we have to pay out the ass for the service we have no choice in going to another company or filing a complaint about being treated poorly. One guy who worked at the BI in Aurora I went to when I visited my mom doubled my UA cost from $25 to $50 even though in the city it was $15 so $10 less than the Western half of the state. When I complained and asked for the price in writing on a receipt he said I didn't have to pay it I could leave and he'd file it as a miss which is a fail and personally call my PO to violate me which means being arrests, thousands of more dollars, possibly having your plea revoked and years added as to your sentence. I paid the extra money. 

But if Smuggar has to go through this its karma. They support all those corporate private prison companies and other Trump GOP bullshit. Fundies of the MAGA variety like to pay lip service to prison ministry but they're all pro punitive measures and privatizing prisons and looking at those in the criminal "justice" system as being undeserving of rights because they're racist assholes. Bet their tune changes when they get locked up. Not just Smuggar but the Smith child rapist and all the other fundie assholes. Too bad they actually have to commit truly heinous crimes that deserve jail time at a minimum while if they were Latino or black they'd already be in jail for not wearing seatbelts and having guns and not paying taxes. 

Edited by zee_four
  • Upvote 17
  • Thank You 2

10 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

I'm here for the Josh news, but I wanted to comment on the name discussion.

Giving kids names like "Sir," "Queen," "King," etc. actually has roots in black culture since at least the beginning of the 20th century, and comes from how they were constantly disrespected by the white community and denied the same forms of respectful address that white people would give each other. Black men were often addressed only by their first name, for instance, not as "Mr. [Surname]." Giving your son a name like Sir was a way to ensure that white people would have to use a respectful term to address him.

Personally, I don't find it obnoxious at all when you consider the history behind names like that.

I am reminded of one of my favorite books (pictured) in which the authors talk about something like this. They write that their parents always called each other “Mr. Delany” and “Mrs. Delany” because it was a sign of respect that they did not usually receive outside of their home 

5CB8DB8A-47E7-4E72-A316-6956BDCA4112.jpeg

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 16

4 hours ago, Idlewild said:

JB ran an article about ‘cancel culture and his family. They are clinging to the Christian persecution argument and hope enough people believe them. 
Josh may well have been advised that having his wife support him would look good. However I think we need to stop giving Anna a pass. This is the woman that turned up in an old skirt and sweater to her brothers wedding (check the pictures of Nurie/Nathan wedding) yet here she is in a frankly glamorous dress with their matching masks (when they both normally avoid wearing them ) simpering over her depraved husband. 3 weeks post partum is the perfect excuse to don an old maternity dress and go through the motions. 
I bet Anna wishes she could be on the campaign trail with JB, since she thinks she was unfairly cancelled too. 

I agree. She has been sitting in the courtroom. I know she's not a Rhodes scholarship candidate but the evidence is there. And she will be there for the trial and I doubt anything will change 

Without giving too many details of the filth her putrid excuse of human excrement sperm bank downloaded, the worst video that I made a post in response to involved non white non American children.

For all their BS about loving children, they come from a racist cult and Anna has personally shilled for the most reprehensible QAnon alt right politicians time and time again on social media including Parler. The ties between white nationalism and fundamentalism are there no matter how many Instagram trend baby pics and infinity scarves they try to cover it with.

This is pure speculation but I can't get the thought out of my mind that Anna and their entire belief circle might see the abuse of an impoverished brown third world child as not a big deal. Its not like it was a white America ATI kid. Combined with the IBLP beliefs about men that are sexually aroused by children not being at fault because it's the child that was responsible for showing too much skin.... it wouldn't surprise me and there's no excuse and no redemption from that kind of disgusting inhumanity. 

• Upvote 5
  • Disgust 1
  • Confused 2
  • I Agree 1

I think JB will need an ankle bracelet when they catch him. He is obviously a flight risk.

Allegedly:

This all came down to the defense saying why Josh download CSA materials and the prosecution reply he molested  young girls as a teen. The defense said that's hearsay evidence that he molested young girls as a teen. So the prosecution said we can prove it and called two witnesses that include JB Duggar. 

This whole thing is bizarre. JB hires the best lawyers to try to prove Josh is innocent. JB now is being subpoenaed to testify. He also decided to run for office. He's hosting a fundraiser for his campaign and trying to hide from being subpoenaed. 

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Cheetah said:

Oddest name I've personally come across that wasn't just KreaTiv spelling was a kid in my youngest kid's kindergarten class named Clementine.  Ok, old-fashioned name that you don't hear really anymore.  But this Clementine was a boy.  I'm not really sure what his parents were thinking.  I don't think they were American (trying to recall if I ever interacted with his mom ... as far as I recall they weren't English-speaking at home but I'm not totally sure about that).  So might have been a case of 'heard this name in a song and thought it sounded nice and American'.  Hopefully he started going by Clem when he got older.  

If they were Hispanic, they might have been thinking this was the English version of Clementino. Or the parents may have written “Clementino” and the transcriber changed it to Clementine because (my spellchecker informs me even as I type) that is the “correct” spelling.  The parents may have thought this what the name they had to use and/or that it didn’t matter.  

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, Cheetah said:

I work in PreK and we have a Clementine - she is a hoot!  Definitely an odd name choice for the family after a few relatively *normal/typical* sibling names

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, zee_four said:

When I complained and asked for the price in writing on a receipt he said I didn't have to pay it I could leave and he'd file it as a miss which is a fail and personally call my PO to violate me which means being arrests, thousands of more dollars, possibly having your plea revoked and years added as to your sentence. I paid the extra money. 

Our criminal justice system is so broken...  our health care system is so broken... I wish I had the answers.

I am sorry you had to deal with all that BS.

• Upvote 6
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • I Agree 9
  • Thank You 1

7 hours ago, theotherelise said:

Wasn’t Josh still betrothed to Kayleigh Holt when some of the abuse happened? Maybe he would have confessed to her parents? 

Although I’m unclear where we are getting the info that Bobye Holt is the witness. 

Bobye Holt as one of the witnesses: https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2021/nov/18/prosecutors-accuse-duggar-of-past-sexual-assault/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter_ArkansasR2K says Josh confessed to Bobye Holt (and Jim Bob Duggar) that he sexually assaulted a girl in 2003.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 9

3 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

This whole thing is bizarre. JB hires the best lawyers to try to prove Josh is innocent. JB now is being subpoenaed to testify. He also decided to run for office. He's hosting a fundraiser for his campaign and trying to hide from being subpoenaed. 

I think the next Netflix or Hulu limited series is writing itself. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2

I don’t know what US process servers are like, but my experience of them in England is that JB is not so much hiding but wasn’t there when they knocked at his last known address. They’ll track him down eventually.

• Upvote 8

8 hours ago, hauntedoklahoma said:

I am not remotely sticking up for her and her life choices.

HOWEVER, in the Arkansas neck of the woods, it’s completely common to wear jeans to every single event in life. Funeral? Jeans and clean shirt. New if you’re immediate family. Wedding? Jeans and clean shirt. I know because I’m from there originally (not that it’s much different in Oklahoma, frankly). Her wearing what she wore to Nathan’s wedding doesn’t seem out of the norm at all to me. And trial clothes are carefully vetted by a defense team. She didn’t choose the dress. 

She is from Florida, not NWA. And that would not fly in Florida. I grew up there. 

• Upvote 8

I know it’s a few pages back now (I’m in a different time zone! And I spent all day moving house, while sick) but there was more than one Enid Blyton book/series with Dick and Fanny, which just goes to show how commonplace those nicknames were. In the Famous Five there’s a Dick and they have Aunt Fanny, and 2 of the kids in the Faraway tree series are Dick and Fanny. But it being 2021, publishers have apparently realised these names elicit sniggers now, and so in the version my son has, they are Rick and Frannie. He opened my childhood copy at my parents’ house and informed me that it was “wrong” because they had different names.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

6 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I think JB will need an ankle bracelet when they catch him. He is obviously a flight risk.

Allegedly:

This all came down to the defense saying why Josh download CSA materials and the prosecution reply he molested  young girls as a teen. The defense said that's hearsay evidence that he molested young girls as a teen. So the prosecution said we can prove it and called two witnesses that include JB Duggar. 

Is it me or is JB doing really bad to his daughter with his avoiding being subpoenaed? Because by testifying about Josh’ confessions, he can spare his daughters the need to testify. But if he keeps hiding, odds are the prosecutions calls the girls to testify about it. Something they would not want to do and would be so very painfull. Imho JB could be a parent to his daughters and protect them by testifying, making small adments for not protecting them in the past.

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 1

@Jinderella JB has never demonstrated giving a shiny shite about the welfare of his kids. He has used them to promote his own beliefs and ego and line his pockets in the process. Now he has jumped on the Trump bandwagon of whining about cancel culture and decrying government interference (except if you want to practise another faith, terminate a pregnancy, be gay, trans etc).

• Upvote 21
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

She is from Florida, not NWA. And that would not fly in Florida. I grew up there. 

I am trying to figure out why the dark blue dress with lace trim Anna wore to the hearing disturbs me so deeply. (And keep in mind, reading the following, that I am pretty certain that what I wear in public these days except for special occasions signals that I have no fucks left to give.)

I grew up in a time when it was a lot more accepted that what you wear sends a signal. I remember wearing dresses to elementary school on wintry days when pants would have been a lot more appropriate. I remember when I started wearing jeans to high school and (vaguely) how nice it was to be able to sit any way I wanted without worrying about flashing my underwear. I remember the time I wore a skirted suit to work (IT work which was business casual) and getting the side eye from my fellow employees until I explained I was taking the afternoon off to go to the funeral of a friend's mother. I remember arriving in DC and discovering that an old friend had just died unexpectedly. I had to emergency shop to find a suitable dress and some shoes to go with it so we could go to the funeral. I wore that dress to my grandmother's funeral which happened unexpectedly on our next trip to DC. 

Anna's dress just seems like a profound mismatch to wear to court to support her husband. It looks like a dress one would wear to a club or an evening wedding. It doesn't look like an appropriate dress for a (would-be) respectable IPLP matron. It looks like what a cult member trying to pass for normal would wear without any understanding of the nuances of mainstream dress. 

(And I won't even get into the disturbing video of post-partum Anna leaving the courtroom yesterday and scrambling to keep up with a bunch of men in dark blue suits who are absolutely oblivious (by their body language) to her. Including her husband.) 

• Upvote 22

1 hour ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Quite, and her sisters and mother were dressed smartly.

And while I’m sure the defence team told Anna it would be helpful if she turned up and they should both wear masks, I seriously doubt they went dress shopping for her.

• Upvote 6

2 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

@Jinderella JB has never demonstrated giving a shiny shite about the welfare of his kids. He has used them to promote his own beliefs and ego and line his pockets in the process. Now he has jumped on the Trump bandwagon of whining about cancel culture and decrying government interference (except if you want to practise another faith, terminate a pregnancy, be gay, trans etc).

True, but this makes it even more obvious. Obvious enough for his daughters. I feel for them.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

19 hours ago, Chickenbutt said:

So I have a question for anyone that cares to answer. Will Josh testify? If he is going to claim SODDI, who else would testify to that? It would have to be Josh wouldn't it? Does the defense have any other witnesses? Or will they just question the witnesses that the prosecution calls to the stand and then rest their case? I am a bit confused (as usual).

I have been watching both the Rittenhouse and Ahmaud Arbery murder trials.  Both defendants chose to testify.  Both were extremely well rehearsed.  However, in the Arbery trial, the prosecutor shredded the defendant's version of the event.  My guess is that Josh will want to testify, his attorneys won't want him to testify, he will anyway, and it will go badly for him.

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1

29 minutes ago, FiveAcres said:

I am trying to figure out why the dark blue dress with lace trim Anna wore to the hearing disturbs me so deeply. (And keep in mind, reading the following, that I am pretty certain that what I wear in public these days except for special occasions signals that I have no fucks left to give.)

I grew up in a time when it was a lot more accepted that what you wear sends a signal. I remember wearing dresses to elementary school on wintry days when pants would have been a lot more appropriate. I remember when I started wearing jeans to high school and (vaguely) how nice it was to be able to sit any way I wanted without worrying about flashing my underwear. I remember the time I wore a skirted suit to work (IT work which was business casual) and getting the side eye from my fellow employees until I explained I was taking the afternoon off to go to the funeral of a friend's mother. I remember arriving in DC and discovering that an old friend had just died unexpectedly. I had to emergency shop to find a suitable dress and some shoes to go with it so we could go to the funeral. I wore that dress to my grandmother's funeral which happened unexpectedly on our next trip to DC. 

Anna's dress just seems like a profound mismatch to wear to court to support her husband. It looks like a dress one would wear to a club or an evening wedding. It doesn't look like an appropriate dress for a (would-be) respectable IPLP matron. It looks like what a cult member trying to pass for normal would wear without any understanding of the nuances of mainstream dress. 

(And I won't even get into the disturbing video of post-partum Anna leaving the courtroom yesterday and scrambling to keep up with a bunch of men in dark blue suits who are absolutely oblivious (by their body language) to her. Including her husband.) 

In the photos posted upthread, her dress appears to be black, and I would call the trim not lace but insets of a lighter fabric. I would wear it to a funeral. Josh’s outfit also looked reasonably somber. They’ve clearly been told that their previous outfits sent the wrong message.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 9

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic