• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ADoyle90815

• Ozlsn

• Smee

• thoughtful

19 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Something to throw back in the faces of the branch trumpvidians who post that one stupid meme about their friends versus our friends....

1917882530_ScreenShot2022-01-04at1_10_09PM.thumb.png.596562fad38de48f56f80e2c48c31fcb.png

What’s that saying, “Better a live sheep than a dead lion”?

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

Try not to see the umlauts over the o's.

image.png.e28a57250b3031f884ee439d8a445587.png

I(probably)wouldn’t have seen them if you hadn’t point them out. :pb_lol:

• Haha 1

Background: Novak Djokovic, currently high in the world tennis rankings, was given a vaccination exemption by Tennis Australia to play in the Australian Open. Apparently his team thought this was sufficient to enter Australia (also requires evidence of vaccination or an exemption from the federal government), and applied for a visa. It should have been picked up before he boarded the flight, wasn't, he was detained on arrival and is currently in immigration detention in a hotel in Melbourne while he appeals the deportation. Much of Melbourne is watching this with interest, popcorn and a large glass of chilled schadenfreude. Anyway, that is what prompted this tweet, which has left me giggling all morning.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 16

On 1/5/2022 at 8:50 AM, WiseGirl said:

This is not good.

FB_IMG_1641390414774.jpg

Frightening but probably true. A neighboring school district went virtual this week with over 100 students and over a dozen teachers out. My son's preschool shut down most of their classes this week (thankfully, we've gotten no reports of exposures in my son's class, but I suspect it's coming).

• Upvote 5

A church near me had " We have the alpha and the omega, don't worry about the delta." On their road sign for months. 

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 1
  • Eyeroll 5
  • WTF 1