IGNORED

Seewalds 46: Arugula, Rhododendrom, Milkweed, Dandelion, Foxglove, Dogwood, Nasturtium, Rhubarb...

nelliebelle1197

Haven't we seen all the daughters and daughter in laws in pants of some kind?  Except the younger girls - Johanna and younger. Maybe not Kendra?

• I Agree 2

1 hour ago, viii said:

I have never seen Kendra in pants. 

Kendra was the only one I wasn't sure of. She did wear ski pants - with a skirt on top to go skiing. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 3
  • Haha 1

Kendra and Anna I have not seen in pants. And I am not sure about Katey but I have not seen much of her in general.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

11 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

So is Jessa now in ripped jeans or does she have a skirt over them…. 

Hide contents

C208AF78-DC2A-4090-B2AD-7033CDFED56E.thumb.png.724b6b8924ef34d2dca6a3f1d34086d7.png1DB85451-349F-406F-A03A-0782CCE6ED9C.thumb.png.11597e58f82d83723e299c45940b3925.png

She has worn jeans before I remember seeing her in them in Fern's ultrasound video, I was shocked at how good she looked.

• I Agree 1

We haven't seen Kendra or Anna.  Or the younger Duggar girls.

Interestingly though Mackenzie (oldest of Anna and Josh's) worse a pink body suit for the announcement video of the currently gestating sibling.  She's interesting in that its different having little girls in baby grows or leggings to an older girl not in any form of skirt.  It means that Anna must be more amenable to pants than she seems.

• Upvote 4

Did the Spurge get a haircut or is this just the first time he's ever had his hair combed? He looks so much better!

• Downvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, snickerz said:

Did the Spurge get a haircut or is this just the first time he's ever had his hair combed? He looks so much better!

I actually prefer Spurgeon’s “messy curls” compared to the heavily gelled, stick-straight part look. When my boys were his age, I probably ran a brush over their hair after it was washed and that’s it!

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 18
  • Love 1

23 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

So is Jessa now in ripped jeans or does she have a skirt over them…. 

Reveal hidden contents

C208AF78-DC2A-4090-B2AD-7033CDFED56E.thumb.png.724b6b8924ef34d2dca6a3f1d34086d7.png1DB85451-349F-406F-A03A-0782CCE6ED9C.thumb.png.11597e58f82d83723e299c45940b3925.png

Doesn't she have one of those swing dresses in that color? She might be wearing one of those over the leggings and it's just hard to see because of the angles.

2 hours ago, JDuggs said:

I actually prefer Spurgeon’s “messy curls” compared to the heavily gelled, stick-straight part look. When my boys were his age, I probably ran a brush over their hair after it was washed and that’s it!

Yeah, I think it's just gelled down or something, it still looks pretty thick. And I agree: I love little kids' curls. I still hate that we have to trim my older son's, but it's so thick it's hard to wash if we let it get long enough to curl.

• Upvote 3

On 9/27/2021 at 7:55 PM, Jinder Roles said:

There are some people that do rejoice after getting an abortion (because they really didn’t want to be pregnant) and that’s ok too. Some mourn and some don’t. 

Ben is an asshole. 

yes. When I was quite young and really not in a position to have a baby, I was incredibly grateful and relieved that abortion was available to me. I was as awed by that pregnancy as I was by any of my others, and felt just as attached to it, but from the minute I saw two lines on the pregnancy test I knew I would not be having that baby. I wouldn't say I rejoiced per se, but my feelings were not entirely negative. In fact I didn't need an abortion, because I miscarried, and I was also grateful that the decision was taken out of my hands, and that for the entire natural lifespan of that entity - whatever you want to call it, foetus, baby, pregnancy etc - my body was a safe place for it.

I think we don't acknowledge the complexity of feeling women can have around abortion and pregnancy loss. The deal seems to be that women can have abortions as long as they feel terrible about it. In fact there doesn't need to be any regret or guilt attached to exercising our own bodily autonomy.

• Upvote 37
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 6

Jessa is in a long tunic top. A long tunic top/short dress over leggings is one of my favorite looks. I wouldn't find it comfortable to wear a tunic top over jeans so I wear a shorter top with jeans. 

• Upvote 3

Ben is asking people to post questions about faith- he doesn’t appear to answer any of them but it seems you get a DM. Who the hell does he think he is? A newly qualified pastor whose claim to fame is marrying a Duggar and being kept by JB and his  own wife. He previous works include ‘why walking is nice’.

I did wonder if he is trying to set himself up as some sort of online fundie influencer - these people really don’t like working for a living, do they?

Edited by Idlewild
  • Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Idlewild said:

Ben is asking people to post questions about faith- he doesn’t appear to answer any of them but it seems you get a DM. Who the hell does he think he is? A newly qualified pastor whose claim to fame is marrying a Duggar and being kept by JB and his  own wife. He previous works include ‘why walking is nice’.

I did wonder if he is trying to set himself up as some sort of online fundie influencer - these people really don’t like working for a living, do they?

It’s hard to have a serious, previous work resume when you stalked a girl at 17, and married at 19. 

• Upvote 8

What conference is that, it looks like a career fair with the blazers and the woman in scrubs in the back.

You are right Jessa looks like the odd one out. Also, do Jana's jeans have a pocket on the front leg? There's a little green patch.

• Upvote 7

It’s the G3 conference - Jeremy has done speeches for them in the past.

Theres now a picture of Ben’s mother with Fern- Ben’s mother the Covid conspiracy peddler 🙄

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, BensAllergies said:

The headline for that conference is “Christ is supreme over all.” It’s in Atlanta this weekend, and one of the speakers is the pastor from Jeremy’s church.

https://g3min.org/events/g3-2021-christ/

On their Instagram profile, they advertise a podcast live streamed from the conference titled “The Anti-Christ of Black Liberation Theology”. Wtf?!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUfhcxXF24U/?utm_medium=copy_link

• Confused 1
  • WTF 12
  • Thank You 2

13 minutes ago, GreenBeans said:

On their Instagram profile, they advertise a podcast live streamed from the conference titled “The Anti-Christ of Black Liberation Theology”. Wtf?!

This makes me sick to my stomach. I have no words, just feel very angry and sad. 

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Upvote 6
  • Love 1

38 minutes ago, FluffySnowball said:

This makes me sick to my stomach. I have no words, just feel very angry and sad. 

Me too. I'm still a Christian, just not evangelical/fundie-very-lite like I used to be, and using Christ to justify racism, sexism, nationalism, etc, makes me sick and sad too. My faith made me more inclusive over time. I have a ways to go, like anyone, but constantly narrowing Christ's teaching to fewer groups is the opposite of the overall message of the Bible. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 5

4 hours ago, GreenBeans said:

Never forget these people are white Christian nationalists. 

This is not surprising considering what Jeremy’s church and many others had to say about church folks addressing social justice and systemic racism. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

On 8/31/2021 at 8:49 AM, viii said:

She grew up with Josh. Now in hindsight, I almost appreciate their modesty views for their kids because it's likely protected them. 

What??? 😲

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

3 hours ago, Jinder Roles said:

Never forget these people are white Christian nationalists. 

This is not surprising considering what Jeremy’s church and many others had to say about church folks addressing social justice and systemic racism. 

Yep. Never forget that jeans and mainstream clothing do not indicate ANY change whatsoever in their hateful beliefs. Pretty much all the fundie families we follow here have abandoned the frumpers-only-no-pants-for-women look. It doesn’t just NOT make a difference, it actually makes things worse, because it makes them look more mainstream and relatable, while still holding the same damaging world views and political beliefs (don’t be fooled - this is about politics, not about religion; religion is only the label they’re using, because it makes them less exposed to criticism).

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 3

They only switched to more mainstream clothing to avoid being labeled as “oddballs.” And for many of the Bates women and Jinger, they also want to be noticed for their looks- these are, of course, only my opinions- 

• Upvote 7

Jessa  is keeping with the brand as Ivy is also dressed in dresses with leggings have never seen her in shorts and Jeans but suprisingly other duggars Joy and kendra's daughters are not!  Maybe because Ben is a pastor like same for David wallers daughters... Other fundies have surprsingly moved on with the next generation atleast

• I Agree 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic