IGNORED

Seewalds 46: Arugula, Rhododendrom, Milkweed, Dandelion, Foxglove, Dogwood, Nasturtium, Rhubarb...

nelliebelle1197

That conference is a fundie who's who. Voddie Bacham, Owen Strachan, Scott Brown, John MacArthur. All patriarchy hardliners with shades of Family Integrated Church, the sin of empathy, the evil spirit of shyness, eternal submission of the son, complementarianism, women go home, and many other corruptions of the faith. Absolutely the people I expect the Duggar to hang out with. Their core beliefs have not changed, pants notwithstanding.

• Upvote 13
  • Disgust 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

I spied a photo of Ben with a shirt that said something seminary, and now I can’t find it. Does anyone recall what that shirt said? 

9 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I spied a photo of Ben with a shirt that said something seminary, and now I can’t find it. Does anyone recall what that shirt said? 

Strip Mall Seminary- 

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 6

On 10/3/2021 at 11:39 AM, medimus said:

What conference is that, it looks like a career fair with the blazers and the woman in scrubs in the back.

You are right Jessa looks like the odd one out. Also, do Jana's jeans have a pocket on the front leg? There's a little green patch.

I don't think those are scrubs, just a normaal green jumpsuit.

11 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Strip Mall Seminary- 

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks it says Strip Mall Seminary.  So 6,500 unmasked fundies, many of whom undoubtedly are anti-vaccine, crammed into an Atlanta convention center. Awesome. 

• Upvote 5
  • Disgust 2
  • Eyeroll 2

On 10/3/2021 at 10:39 AM, medimus said:

What conference is that, it looks like a career fair with the blazers and the woman in scrubs in the back.

You are right Jessa looks like the odd one out. Also, do Jana's jeans have a pocket on the front leg? There's a little green patch.

I think both Jana and Laura are wearing ripped jeans but then have some kind of modesty layer underneath...? like leggings or something. You'd think that a move to jeans might signal an end to performative modesty layering but apparently not.

Jessa does look very throwback fundie frumpy in that top and jeans skirt, the sort of thing she wore when she and Ben were courting: it's weird because contemporary modest has come a long way lately, and Jana and Laura look really put together. They seem to have all discovered the french tuck for sweaters lately.

• Upvote 2

The Duggars have never been known for successfully matching clothing, and footwear in particular, to venue and activity.  Remember when they showed to work on a farm and the girls were wearing flip flops? Jessa has nicer more venue appropriate clothing, yet she chose to show up looking like she picked up the dirty clothing (wrinkled) from the floor. Like it or not, these people have had a media presence and in a venue like that, would be “known” and recognized. Good Lord, try, just try, a little bit. Some of them do come off as lazy and sloppy.

• Upvote 4

Jessa has a newborn so  I’ll give her a pass on throwing on whatever was there.  Remember when she used to charge fundie maidens to listen to her talk about modest fashion? And Ben held her handbag? She should have set up a store like the Bates sisters - she could have made a good living.

Edited by Idlewild
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

The Duggars have never been known for successfully matching clothing, and footwear in particular, to venue and activity.  Remember when they showed to work on a farm and the girls were wearing flip flops? [snip]

My brother married a farmer's daughter, so I can attest it is possible to work on a farm in sandals or flip flops. You have to look carefully before you take a step, but it can be done. 😉

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Idlewild said:

Jessa has a newborn so  I’ll give her a pass on throwing on whatever was there.  Remember when she used to charge fundie maidens to listen to her talk about modest fashion? And Ben held her handbag? She should have set up a store like the Bates sisters - she could have made a good living.

Yea, at 2 months post delivery, and presumably nursing — there’s a lot of more fashionable “modern modest” wear she might have brought but not fit into, be able to move aside easily for nursing, leaked on to, etc. 

Empathy is part of the slippery slope that leads to Critical Race Theory, so it must be bad. From the conference Twitter feed: 

Screenshot_20211003-185019_Chrome.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 2
  • WTF 7

I always find it fascinating how quickly Fundies are willing to throw out the teachings of …you know JESUS…. for whatever suits them better. 
and while I don’t think following Jesus would even lead to CTR, their whole argument is lacking so so badly.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

Critical Race Theory is literally just teaching that slavery was bad and white supremacy exists🤦🏽‍♀️

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, shesinsane said:

My brother married a farmer's daughter, so I can attest it is possible to work on a farm in sandals or flip flops. You have to look carefully before you take a step, but it can be done. 😉

I don’t live on a farm, and never have, but the owner of the farm did question the girls’ choice of footwear.

Every time these people are in a group I automatically wonder about the covid implications -- how many of them will go on to infect countless others. Would bet that the vaccination percentage is very low to non-existent...

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

17 hours ago, rexasaurus_nirb said:

Every time these people are in a group I automatically wonder about the covid implications -- how many of them will go on to infect countless others. Would bet that the vaccination percentage is very low to non-existent...

I mean you can always hope they just infect each other and either get too sick to go out quickly or only meet others when the others have a chance to be protected as well as possible on their own (the vaccinated and masked Shop assistant).

It’s a prime Darwin Award situation. Sadly, life is unfair though.

• Upvote 1

On 10/3/2021 at 5:39 AM, medimus said:

Also, do Jana's jeans have a pocket on the front leg? There's a little green patch.

I thought maybe she patched it underneath with a fabric scrap for modesty’s sake since it was her thigh. I saw some really cute kids jeans that had been patched like that but it had Hulk or Spider-Man fabric and it looked like they were peeping out of the jeans. 

• Upvote 1

ok this is so wrong on so many levels.  I even wear a mask in the office with the vicar as she does. 

i can't imagine not wearing a mask indoors. Well it's mandatory here anyway but still. 

• I Agree 4

Genetics sure are interesting. Ivy looks similar to her aunt Jordyn in those pics - and I usually think she looks a lot like Jinger, but I don't necessarily think Jinger and Jordyn look alike.

I wonder what my kids would look like if I had 19... how many different combinations would my husband and I produce?!?

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

I kind of feel like Arugula would make a cute name. You could use Ari for short. 
We call it “Rocket” in the U.K., which isn’t such a cute name (IMO only). 

• Haha 9
  • Love 1

Fern looks like a mix of Ivy and Henry. Ivy is looking so much like Jordyn.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

I kind of feel like Arugula would make a cute name. You could use Ari for short. 
We call it “Rocket” in the U.K., which isn’t such a cute name (IMO only). 

But it would be such a smart nickname if the kid’s personality fits. 🚀

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

On 10/6/2021 at 9:27 AM, nst said:

ok this is so wrong on so many levels.  I even wear a mask in the office with the vicar as she does. 

i can't imagine not wearing a mask indoors. Well it's mandatory here anyway but still. 

A person on Duggarsnark commented that she works at the conference center where the G3 summit was held.  She said that the conference had around 6000 attendees and she didn't see a single person wearing a mask.  It's almost like they want to get sick.  They certainly don't care if they get anyone else sick which is a very unchristian attitude.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 7

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic