IGNORED

Meghan and Harry 6: Everything about this Is Kind of Cringe

HerNameIsBuffy

On 5/22/2021 at 8:47 AM, Coconut Flan said:

Yet she said she went to the BRF HR.  That sounds completely suspect to me.  Why go to HR and not the doctor you supposedly trust to deliver your baby or make an appointment with one of the other doctors.  Yes, I've had two family members succeed in their suicide attempts and know that they aren't thinking rationally.  There were so many options she could have taken and yet the one she said she took was to me the least likely to help. 

I think that while Meghan may not have been thinking rationally back then, she is (supposedly) thinking rationally now, and that she doesn’t acknowledge maybe she went to the wrong place (HR?) for help is striking.

The impression I get is that while a lot of her discomfort and emotional pain were real at the time, she is also now over-dramatizing and not thinking back critically on what really went on and where she might have handled things differently.  But that’s just an impression.

• Upvote 10

On 5/17/2021 at 5:40 PM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I would in a second, but I'm too afraid of what you'd all write about me here!  

I would advocate to make you another patron saint of the board if you achieve a royal tiara

• Haha 3

At what point are Harry’s repeated interviews bashing his family just as bad as any trauma he was subjected to? Is it ok for him to traumatize them because they did it first? It’s starting to just feel like revenge.

I think William at 15 and Harry at 12 probably have very different memories of that last year with their mom. I’d imagine that William saw and heard more - Diana seemed like the type that would share all of her feelings and issues with her kids, and that probably fell on William more - he was older, more mature, brighter, and likely one of her most trusted advisors - not exactly a fair position for a 15 year old. Harry’s memories seem more like those of a loving yet not super aware little boy.

I applaud Harry for getting therapy, leaning on and talking to his wife, his friends, all of the people in his life who care about him. But to hammer on it on tv over an over? Now who is traumatizing whom?

• Upvote 13

Does Harry have real friends of his own anymore though? Because We certainly never hear about them. I suspect though the carefree privileged tight knit  pre-Meghan Peers and clique he grew up with  don’t fit in with the image he wants to sell of himself now. 

There’s no reason we would hear about Harry’s old friends. With travel restrictions between the US and the UK they won’t have met up in person so there’s no photos, and William and Harry’s long standing friends have always been fairly discreet so I wouldn’t expect them to be talking to the media. There’s no other way for the general public to know the status of his friendships, which is as it should be. 

• Upvote 9

On 5/23/2021 at 11:16 AM, Mama Mia said:

Those statements from both of them were so sad. It really highlighted the differences between their family roles, personalities, and relationships in the family. 

On TikTok there’s a guy who does a really funny series with oldest/middle/youngest kids reactions to different situations. With the oldest always hyper vigilant/overly responsible nervous and the youngest always expecting the world to be done for him. 

No middle kid, obviously, but William and Henry are such exaggerated stereotypes of those dynamics! 

I really felt for William in his speech. What a horrible situation to be that parentified, to your mother, at puberty, with all the drama being around your parents sex lives, in the most detailed and public way possible. AND with the pressure of being the future king? Good lord. 

I’ve always liked Harry and Meghan, and I understand how his mental health show might be helpful to other people struggling, but I think it would of been better without the 1st interview, and maybe in his attempt to be relatable, not coming across quite so entitled. I know he can’t see it, you can only relate to your own life, but he has SO many more resources at his immediate disposal, because he has so much money,  that it’s hard to relate to. There are private mental health treatment centers everywhere. If they needed to get away for a break they had multiple estates to choose from. They can hire private security. If Meghan and Kate are fighting and crying over tights for flower girl dresses - for your million dollar wedding - who cares? People fight. And, honestly, Charlotte was the kind of toddler  who was always lifting her dress up in photos, so her mom was probably right lol. Esthetic or tradition aside.

But as far as Harry getting jumped on for saying he wanted to be a better parent to his own kid - that seems overblown. Who doesn’t want to do better in areas they feel their parents screwed up? And I don’t think it’s common that people look at the British Royal Family and say “ hey, you know who seems amazingly functional as parents? It’s those folks!” No. Maybe more functional and less detached and based on the business model each generation, but still. 

I think you can say that you want to be better or different from your parents with some tact. It doesn’t require that you publicly malign your parent. And I think the idealization of Diana while trashing Charles isn’t doing him any good. She was not a great parent. She literally chose to dump all of her problems on a young teenager for the last few years of her life. That’s some seriously bad parenting. Harry needs to get an adult perspective on both parents. 
And the trashing of royal parents for decades has mostly been based on them working too much. Especially the Queen which was likely rooted in the patriarchy of the 50s. n. News flash: parents in all economic classes work. And for extra fun, when some like Kate have worked less for the sake of their children, they’ve been trashed for that. Reality is that royal children with working parents have way more advantages and security on every way than children of poor parents. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, louisa05 said:

Especially the Queen which was likely rooted in the patriarchy of the 50s. n. News flash: parents in all economic classes work.

True, but I saw in one of the documentaries that when Charles was very small she hadn't seen him in months due to travelling.  People in any class who leave their young kids for months at a time when it's optional (and it's not like they were going off to work in the mines to send money home) aren't usually going to be up for parent of the year awards.  

Just because they don't seem to be a batch of monsters doesn't mean their parenting is above reproach.  All parents fail their kids in some ways and most people make some correction in how they raise their own kids based on what they needed and didn't get.  That's pretty universal.

Idk - this BRF parenting stuff seems really typical to me, albeit with posher trappings.  

1 hour ago, louisa05 said:

She was not a great parent. She literally chose to dump all of her problems on a young teenager for the last few years of her life. That’s some seriously bad parenting. Harry needs to get an adult perspective on both parents.

Agreed he needs to get an adult perspective, but while she wasn't a great parent in that regard she may well have been in other ways.  People are complex and parent child relationships doubly so.  He remembers her with love and a longing which speaks to how he internalized the love she had for him.  That's not nothing.  

11 hours ago, Kaylo said:

At what point are Harry’s repeated interviews bashing his family just as bad as any trauma he was subjected to? Is it ok for him to traumatize them because they did it first?

I don't agree with what he's doing in the press, but whatever trauma he felt as a child with no agency can't be compared to whatever upset he's causing his dad and brother who are grown men.  It's not comparable, IMO.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

It seems to me that Harry is a little like those “born again” Christians who can’t stop “bearing witness” to his new state.  In Harry’s case it is not “Jesus” but “emotional insight” that he is “bearing witness” to, but it is just as tiresome — and shallow.

Family relationships are complex. True insight lets us see the complexity, not just expose the hurt.  Harry isn’t there yet.  I wonder if he will ever be.

• Upvote 14
  • Love 2

“Many other people that haven’t processed his grief”?

Oprah says she doesn’t know if Prince Harry being candid ‘helps with the Royal Family’  (The Independent, Tuesday 25 May 2021)  |

Oprah responded: “I don’t know if it helps with the Royal Family, but this is what I do know - is that being able to express your own personal truth in a way that benefits you and also helps other people to see the truth in themselves.”

She and Prince Harry have worked closely together recently, as he and his wife Meghan did a tell-all interview with the TV mogul in March.

Harry and Oprah have also worked together on a new documentary series calledThe Me You Can’t See for Apple TV.

She continued: “In this series, we are in conversation. He knows the power of story.

“He knows by sharing the story of his own grief with his mother that many other people that haven’t processed his grief will say ‘you know what? That’s what’s going on with me too.’” (Bolding mine.)

Yes,  he (and Oprah, and Meghan) all know the “power of story.”  And I suppose the idea that his narrative might inspire other people to “process grief” is not just an excuse.

But I wonder who is responsible for the “haven’t processed his grief.” Did Oprah mean “their” grief (presumably for grief in their own life)?  Did Oprah mean “his” grief, implying that these “many people” share Harry’s grief but haven’t processed it?  (Who would these “many people be?  William and Earl Spencer? ?)  Or is this just an error in the reporting, is Oprah being misquoted?

FWIW, I think the argument that it is okay if you hurt your family so long as you do it to inspire others to deal with grief is not really valid.  What about William’s grief?  Surely Harry must guess that he is adding to his brother’s burdens.  

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

But I wonder who is responsible for the “haven’t processed his grief.” Did Oprah mean “their” grief (presumably for grief in their own life)?

It reads to me like she meant to say processed their grief. Honestly just when I think I can't hate her more she comes out with "power of story."  She is so damn pretentious she makes Frazier and Niles look like a couple of Duggar boys.

• Haha 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

It reads to me like she meant to say processed their grief. Honestly just when I think I can't hate her more she comes out with "power of story."  She is so damn pretentious she makes Frazier and Niles look like a couple of Duggar boys.

Couldn’t agree more! I can’t stand Saint Oprah riding in on her high horse either!!!
  • Upvote 6

I think the issue of Harry publicly talking about his mental health and how it ties in with his family is pretty complicated. 

On one hand, I think that he and Meghan have obviously struggled and they should be able to talk about that. It may be hurtful to family members, but I do kind of think that people have the right to talk about their own trauma - just as a Duggar daughter should have the right to talk about the impact of the fundie lifestyle on her, even if her innocent siblings may find it hurtful and intrusive. 

But Harry doesn't seem to have worked through all his issues yet, and I'm not sure if it's the best idea to be tearing through all this very personal stuff publicly. I'm sure it feels carthatic as hell, but I don't know if it's something he'll regret further down the line. Especially stuff about Meghan, when he's talking about some really personal things (like her telling him she only won't commit suicide while pregnant so he doesn't lose her like Diana).

I think the fact that he also has said that he thinks he's left stuff open for reconciliation with his family after repeatedly bringing them up in public is a little...naive? Like, every reaction from behind the scenes - his father, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins - seems uniformly frosty at best. William is famously obsessively protective over his privacy and he and his wife now know that any conversation they have with Harry will always run the risk of getting leaked.

Maybe things can cool down, but I don't see Harry ever going back to how things were with his family - it's pretty telling that reportedly the only one sympathetic to him is Andrew. 

I also think, tying into the above, that a lot of the Sussexes' narrative seems to be "we did absolutely everything right and everyone just picks on us for no reason" which...well recollections may indeed vary on that one! I'm especially side-eyeing Harry saying that Meghan was sobbing into her pillow over being accused of bullying their staff, because it's looking more and more like there was actually some fire to that smoke.

• Upvote 15

And it seems we all will be graced by even more insights. Who the hell told him his inner workings are actually that interesting? 
The longer you listen to the stuff they say, the stranger it gets. He seems to have forgotten that he has been in the public light for decades? There are tons of stuff about him and by him on tape. He cannot rewrite his story successfully if he is not addressing the discrepancies. Exact language would help too, instead of re-defining set concepts (something our Fundies are also well known for). I do wonder what he is doing. Because it seems that he tries to mould himself into Diana 2.0. It’s not working lad.

And the stuff they both say, make him look extremely bad. He was ashamed of her problems? Fergie had to show her how to curtesy? I mean, WTF????? And this after seeing how the BRF let Kate lay low for almost a decade to avoid another Diana situation? After spearheading a mental health campaign and talking about the how much therapy helped you in 2016? Fighting against the stigma as a role model? There are many things that don’t add up if you compare what is on the tapes. He doesn’t owe us insights but if he wants to give them and look believable he better checks what he is saying and bring a more rounded and stringent story.

Or even betters- just shut up for a while. Concentrate on getting better, on your family (I think baby has already arrived or will arrive very shortly) on finding a new role. Because playing the wronged Prince only brings you that far.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I think what screams of a lack of authenticity is that it’s a constant “we are fighting for our privacy” complaint ... on Oprah, or a very popular podcast, or Netflix. Really?

They don’t want privacy, they want the reporters to report exactly what Harry and Meghan want and nothing else, and that isn’t how reporting is supposed to work.

I think Meghan is very bright and thought she was media savvy - and she did an extraordinarily good job with the media when she was a B/C-list actress. But the BRF is a whole different ball game. She thought she could continue to control all narratives and she quickly found out she was wrong. When the number of people interested in her life was smaller, it was a lot easier. When she became a member of the BRF...I think most big ticket PR firms wouldn’t even be able to handle it. That’s why the BRF operates the way they do. I think they tried to tell her but she thought she knew better.

Harry...he is super immature, not very bright, and has very little concept of the degree to which he really was coddled and protected. More so than even William I’d argue. While William was having to shove tissues under his mother’s door to comfort her and tell her not to worry, that he’d take care of her, Harry got to continue being a little boy. Developmentally, I think he is still a teenager.

Lastly, they are burning a lot of bridges really quickly, and I think Harry in particular will be sorry when he matures enough to see what he has done. I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if they lose their titles and Harry at least loses his place in the line of succession. If you aren’t willing to do the job of a lesser senior royal, you certainly aren’t willing to be king, so I think he should be out. Archie should get to choose for himself when he is an adult.

• Upvote 20

I don't have anything new to add, I just want to say I agree a lot with the posts being made. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, Xanariel said:

I think the issue of Harry publicly talking about his mental health and how it ties in with his family is pretty complicated. On one hand, I think that he and Meghan have obviously struggled and they should be able to talk about that. It may be hurtful to family members, but I do kind of think that people have the right to talk about their own trauma -  

I think the fact that he also has said that he thinks he's left stuff open for reconciliation with his family after repeatedly bringing them up in public is a little...naive?  

I also think, tying into the above, that a lot of the Sussexes' narrative seems to be "we did absolutely everything right and everyone just picks on us for no reason" which...well recollections may indeed vary on that one! I'm especially side-eyeing Harry saying that Meghan was sobbing into her pillow over being accused of bullying their staff, because it's looking more and more like there was actually some fire to that smoke.

While I agree that people have the right to talk about their own trauma and experiences, I think the need to talk about your life has to be balanced against the hurt you may cause.  If anyone may be hurt by what you say, you need to consider if it needs saying.  

If Harry is trying to help other people who are going /have gone through traumatic loss, it makes sense that he should tell the story of his own loss.  It makes less sense that he should talk about “growing up royal,” since his audience is not people who will share that experience.  I think he is being self-indulgent and (intentionally or unintentionally) catering to the thirst for royal gossip. (Apparently it’s okay for the press to pick up negative stories about the royal family so long as the negative story is not about Harry or Meghan.  Then it is cruel and might bring on suicidal thoughts.)  

I completely agree that Harry is at best naive when he talks about leaving the lines of communication open for a reconciliation.  What I think he is hoping for is that his brother, father, and grandmother will suddenly “see the light” about how much Harry and Meghan suffered and apologize for their mistakes, speak sternly to the press about being mean to Meghan, and thank Harry for enlightening them.  (Or some version of this scenario — I doubt Harry is too clear about what he hopes for/expects.)  He doesn’t seem to realize that what he is doing must feel like a betrayal to everyone that loves him.  Or else he feels it is okay because they “betrayed” him first by not being sensitive enough or by not letting him and Meghan have the freedom they wanted within the royal family, or whatever.  It all feels like an angry kid trying to get even.  It does not feel (as you rightly point out) like someone who has fully worked through his problems.  

You are right, also, that the Sussex narrative doesn’t always hold.  I have never doubted that Meghan came across as a bit of a bully and I don’t think it is a big deal.  Instead of trying to deny that it happened and blame it all on racial prejudice, maybe the Sussexes could make a good argument for a “clash of cultures” and address the alleged bullying incidents as misunderstandings.  What may seem like an appropriate approach to staff in a high-powered American business environment may just seem rude and bullying in the environment of British royal staff.  That doesn’t make Meghan a monster.  It just means she needed to learn. ??‍♀️

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

6 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

....   And the stuff they both say, make him look extremely bad. He was ashamed of her problems? Fergie had to show her how to curtesy? I mean, WTF????? And this after seeing how the BRF let Kate lay low for almost a decade to avoid another Diana situation? After spearheading a mental health campaign and talking about the how much therapy helped you in 2016? Fighting against the stigma as a role model? There are many things that don’t add up if you compare what is on the tapes. He doesn’t owe us insights but if he wants to give them and look believable he better checks what he is saying and bring a more rounded and stringent story       ....

Yes!  It is hard to take them seriously when so much of what they say doesn’t ring true.     

We can all agree that Harry isn’t the brightest little lightbulb on the tree, but Meghan seems considerably brighter.  So why are they telling stories that seem improbable?

ETA - I agree with @Kaylo that it’s very inconsistent to claim you want privacy and then keep talking to the press. ?

Edited by EmCatlyn
Add a point.
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, EmCatlyn said:

While I agree that people have the right to talk about their own trauma and experiences, I think the need to talk about your life has to be balanced against the hurt you may cause.  If anyone may be hurt by what you say, you need to consider if it needs saying.

I think this is why the Oprah interview and the Apple + interview have rung so hallow to me.

I could understand completely Harry and Meghan having these conversations with friends.  And if it was leaked, well, though unfortunate, I wouldn't hold them responsible or judge them for it. They have a right to their feelings and their pain. 

But to use these massive media platforms to say such broadly damaging things about Harry's family, seems to me, extremely similar to what Megan's family did and was rightly criticized for..  And then the facts of who precisely did what are muddled by each interview, but the stain remains, which is very concerning. 

Being hurt doesn't give anyone the right to hurt other people (this is actually a big part of therapy usually!).  

It seems that some of what was shared, was shared with the intent to hurt certain members of Harry's family.  And if it wasn't  . . . there was certainly enough opportunity and reason for Harry to course correct after the March interview. The fact that he has continued down this path only lends further credence to hurtful intentions.   

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

I can understand Harry and Meghan wanting/needing to talk about their problems, but maybe they should do that with friends, family, therapists and not on Oprah?  I mean do I, a stranger to them, need to know so much about their lives? If so, why? What does it benefit them if I know these things? 

brb gotta go put my personal thoughts and feelings on a billboard for the lulz. Respect my privacy!

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, Xanariel said:

Especially stuff about Meghan, when he's talking about some really personal things (like her telling him she only won't commit suicide while pregnant so he doesn't lose her like Diana).

Just so I understand: He made that comment above on television and claimed at the same time Meghan wasn‘t able to get help? Sorry that‘s bullshit. Where I live, every mental health hospital is required to admit someone who is suicidal. Even if they‘re full they can‘t reject a person who says they have suicidal thoughts. Now Harry and Meghan have so many more resources with private facilities. Something‘s not adding up.

For clarification: I know people who are depressed are in a different headspace. But if my loved one expressed repeatedly that he wanted to kill himself I would drive him to the hospital. I wouldn’t want to risk coming home to him being dead.

• Upvote 8

@Kylolo

I don’t think they will loose their titles nor their place in the line of succession. They have done nothing so far to warrant that. The loss of the Dukedom has only been done once or twice iirc. And the reasons for such an act are way more serious than badmouthing. I mean speaking out against the Head of State and Government is a protected right in many states for a reason. Otherwise Trump would have loved to get rid of many critics just like some other autocrats do. If H plots/asks people to take up arms or takes up one himself (as in real weapons) to overthrow the British government/monarchy that is almost the only reason that would be considered. But High Treason hasn’t been charged in a long time now (1946). And the Queen cannot just decide on a whim to take the Dukedom from him. There has to be a request (not sure if that has to actually be issued by parliament), an investigation and then the monarch can make that decision. I highly doubt those two, while undeniably a big media show, are important enough on a real basis of power to warrant such action. The BRF and government have better things to do. Same goes for the HRH and his place in the line of succession. 
I highly doubt No.6 will ever become the No.1. I do hope though they will install Kate as Regent for the case that Wiliam dies before George is eligible to take the crown. Maybe with a set committee with Anne and Edward to work through it. I will say, the idea of Kate becoming Queen regent (obviously not regnant) makes me snicker when I think about the other two.

Removing the HRH will also not happen. It would look petty. And in that instant I think they have some more deserving candidates to start with, that have showed way more undignified behaviour. I think they will issue new rules as to who gets styled as HRH. At the moment all is well, but when Charles takes the crown it will be important for A and his sister. I think they will not be styled as such. Same will happen to respective children of Charlotte and Louis. In that way you shrink the BRF by default. 

I also cannot see them giving those connections up - that would be too consistent with their claims. Not even in a big, breaking free act. Harry would always be the Guy, formerly known as Prince Harry. It’s his USP. Apart from that he is mediocre in his field of humanitarian persona. Most have something else to show for. 
By giving them the silent treatment, the BRF removes a lot of heat from the allegations. The drama cannot unfold truly if one part refuses to play along. They are banging against a wall and it already looks pretty ridiculous and the more they talk the more questions arise. I don’t think H can see it, but I believe M does. She will be the one to stir their ship and I hope she can turn it around.

They can offer a lot actually, but therefore they need to change their approach. It seems all their widespread charities actions didn’t bring enough attention, H childhood and their mental health does. But that’s no basis to build a career on. They should have picked one or two causes/ventures to establish themselves and go from there. Why not take female empowerment? Look for a handful of charities to support (the way she handled the Hubb thing was really good-apart from the proceeds), produce small series for all age groups on Netflix, do key note speaking at conferences. Or environment? Or anti-racism? Or conservation? Built a portfolio and a reputation before you go on. They stretched themselves too thin (just as they did with her and the power horse, hitting the ground running narrative that broke her back when they introduced her). Right now, it looks as if they want to do it all, some might even say just riding the current band wagon. It’s not working! They want it all and they want it now. That will break their necks in the long run I am afraid.

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Upvote 9

13 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

ETA - I agree with @Kaylo that it’s very inconsistent to claim you want privacy and then keep talking to the press. ?  

It reminds me of when Archie was born and they kept announcing they wouldn't be making announcements. 

5 hours ago, Smash! said:

Just so I understand: He made that comment above on television and claimed at the same time Meghan wasn‘t able to get help? Sorry that‘s bullshit. Where I live, every mental health hospital is required to admit someone who is suicidal. Even if they‘re full they can‘t reject a person who says they have suicidal thoughts. Now Harry and Meghan have so many more resources with private facilities. Something‘s not adding up.

For clarification: I know people who are depressed are in a different headspace. But if my loved one expressed repeatedly that he wanted to kill himself I would drive him to the hospital. I wouldn’t want to risk coming home to him being dead.

Something might seem off to us, but I don't think we can view their life with our lenses. The average person lives a very different life than nobility. There is a lot more of a 'hush hush' expectation where people don't talk about their problems because nobody wants the bad press, the gossip, the rumors. It's easy for us to assume that they could just get into a car and drive to a hospital, but that would have definitely leaked somehow, and the BRF especially have always tried to contain that. 

It's not a lie or a joke when people say that rich folk live differently than we do. 

2 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

Removing the HRH will also not happen. It would look petty. And in that instant I think they have some more deserving candidates to start with, that have showed way more undignified behaviour.

They won't remove the HRH because they know that there would be a huge shitstorm because everybody knows Andrew deserves to lose his like... yesterday. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, viii said:

It reminds me of when Archie was born and they kept announcing they wouldn't be making announcements. 

Did they really?  That's precious!  When I was a kid and was mad at my mom I would repeatedly tell her I wasn't speaking to her.  And when she didn't seem to care and just went about her day letting me have my sullen tantrum I'd follow her around reminding her I was Not.  Speaking.  To.  Her.

And she would smile and say that's nice, I look forward to speaking with you once that changes.  

Or you know...it reminds me of the people who post that they're going to flounce from a message board.  Either go or don't, but spoiler alert...no one cares.  I think Harry and Meghan could have used some forum experience or they'd have known that was a bad idea.

1 hour ago, viii said:

They won't remove the HRH because they know that there would be a huge shitstorm because everybody knows Andrew deserves to lose his like... yesterday. 

Before I started following this thread none of these rules made sense to me and now I blame all of you because I now know all this stuff and have no practical use for it.  Although, I do need a new title at work due to job expansion so perhaps I can get the Queen to issue one to me?  Everyone else here is manager of this, administrator of that, director of the other thing....I want to be HRH Princess of IT and the Great Steward of QA.  I would also like to be the Princess of Wales because I think Welsh men are particularly handsome and I'd like to have meetings with my subjects.  I won't pay attention, so smitten by the charming accents, but I'll smile a lot.  

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
riffles
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 14
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, viii said:

I know I said I now understand this stuff, but clearly I don't fully get it yet.

It's just an honorary thing, right?  The HRH?  Like I know different levels of monarchy have different powers (I'm tired, words are hard) but HRH is just kind of like their name because they get it from being a son of a monarch, or descended through one of the sons?  So HRH kind of like part of Andrew's name?  I think he should be stripped of everything which bestows honor, but in a practical sense it doesn't matter regarding what he's allowed to do or money, correct?  

I feel so bad for his daughters.  New marriages and babies is such an exciting time for them and through no fault of their own the stain of their father is always there.  Idk if they are particularly close to their dad, but I was a daddy's girl and I remember cringing when my mom's family would be whispering about my dad after the divorce and those poor girls have the whole world talking about it and not in whispers.  

FTR this whispers about my dad were just family stuff as they never liked him...nothing like Andrew's deal.  My dad never trafficked teenage girls, could sweat, and would never, ever, ever have stayed with me at a Pizza Express in Woking...he would have outsourced that to my mom.

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
so many riffles someone should take my keyboard away
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 6
  • Love 1

I think the chances of Harry getting his title and succession rights revoked without Andrew getting his taken away too are slim to none - partially because whatever else Harry has done, it's nothing compared to Andrew's doings, and also partially because if you kick Harry and his kids out of the succession then Andrew is next in line after Louis, and I don't think anyone wants to risk him as king. 

I do think though that they should establish what's going to happen to Harry's kids when Charles takes the throne. They're going to be born titleless, raised outside of the UK and never carry out royal duties - there's not really a reason to have them as Prince Archie and Princess X several years down the line. It'll look pretty silly - especially with the optics of two fully American kids getting called Your Royal Highness by a population they don't even live among. 

• Upvote 9

• Coconut Flan locked this topic