IGNORED

2024: Possible Presidential Election Candidates

Cartmann99

I just don't see this ending the way she wants. :shrug:

• Thank You 3

No no no no no. I refuse to discuss the candidates until at least 2023. NOPE. NO FOUR YEAR ELECTIONS. ;)

• Haha 4
  • I Agree 10

On 4/13/2021 at 9:12 AM, Destiny said:

No no no no no. I refuse to discuss the candidates until at least 2023. NOPE. NO FOUR YEAR ELECTIONS. ;)

Here in Virginia, we have our gubernatorial election this year and there are approximately 493 people running, so it's going to be a long year for us.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 2

• 2 months later...

Ted Cruz mulls 2024 presidential bid, says his 2016 campaign 'was the most fun I've ever had in my life'

Republican Sen. Ted Cruz said he's thinking about a 2024 bid for the White House in an interview on Thursday evening.

"Well, sure, I'm certainly looking at it," Cruz said during an appearance on Newsmax.

"I'll tell you, 2016 was the most fun I've ever had in my life," he continued, reflecting on his last presidential campaign.

The Texas senator was the first candidate to run for the 2016 GOP presidential nomination, eventually facing a crowded field of 17 opponents, including real estate mogul and celebrity Donald Trump. 

Cruz had held a strong position in the primary elections, yet Trump repeatedly garnered the most Republican support as the frontrunner. Cruz dropped out of the race in May after he lost the Indiana primary to Trump.

"We came incredibly close, had an incredible grassroots army," Cruz told Newsmax.  

Rufus, can you please whisper this news in Trump's ear so he'll start taking potshots at Cruz again? :pray:

Spoiler

Lying Donald Trump GIF

• Upvote 8

Ted won't mind the pot shots directed at him or his wife. If he's not the nominee, when he bows out he'll still kiss the great Orange ass. 

image.png.80aa339769c28093c21325f0de807b36.pngcontent://com.android.chrome.FileProvider/images/screenshot/1625344065825559448852.jpg

• Upvote 8

3 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

Ted won't mind the pot shots directed at him or his wife. If he's not the nominee, when he bows out he'll still kiss the great Orange ass. 

image.png.80aa339769c28093c21325f0de807b36.pngcontent://com.android.chrome.FileProvider/images/screenshot/1625344065825559448852.jpg

Cruz has proven himself to be a sniveling coward, but I was thinking along the lines of how Cruz needs to pull voters away from Trump to win, and Trump going after Cruz will make that harder. :twisted:

• Upvote 9

So Ted thinks it’s fun to have the massive mango ass insult his wife and accuse his father of killing JFK? Ted must be a real joy at parties. 

• I Agree 8

3 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

So Ted thinks it’s fun to have the massive mango ass insult his wife and accuse his father of killing JFK? Ted must be a real joy at parties. 

I can't understand how he still has a wife. He had no problem with Trump insulting his wife and threw his daughters under the bus for him fleeing to Mexico. Why does she put up with that crap?

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5

• 3 months later...

She sure felt differently about him a few years ago:

Spoiler

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 5

Haley used to be a neighbor of one of my siblings.  Sibling described Haley as a pompous idiot and a social climber.  That still looks to be pretty true.  (None of the neighbors liked her.)

• Thank You 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Democrats are considering doing away with caucuses in future elections.

Democrats are actively discussing moving away from having caucuses, which is a method that Iowa uses for voting.

Democrats say they want to move more diverse and more competitive states earlier in the nomination process to favor primaries over caucuses.

I think it would be good to replace caucuses with primaries.  One of my big issues with the caucus is that it doesn't let everyone express a choice for their party's nominee.  If people have to work or have other commitments they can't participate in a way people who can attend could.  With a primary at least people could vote early if they have to work or have other commitments that preclude participation.  Or Iowa winters being what they are not having to risk their necks to go to an in person caucus.

Plus after all the problems in the 2020 caucus if I lived in Iowa I'd never go to a caucus ever again.  Sure I'd vote in a primary but I'm not going to spend hours messing around at a caucus, especially if numbers can't even be reported timely so we can go home.  

I do see value in getting together with others.  It felt good to see there were others who felt as I did and to meet up with them and that could still be done.  But just have it separate from the primary process.

• Upvote 7

• 3 weeks later...

The DNC is moving closer to changing the nomination process

Numerous members of the Democratic National Committee's Rules and Bylaws Committee expressed support during a virtual meeting on Monday for a draft proposal that would dramatically remake the party's 2024 presidential nominating process, signaling that the committee could pass the measure when it meets again in April.

The draft proposal would end the Democratic Party's current nominating process structure -- where the Iowa caucuses go first, followed by primaries in New Hampshire, Nevada and South Carolina -- and instead implement a process that would prioritize more diverse battleground states that choose to hold primaries, not caucuses. The new structure would require states to apply to hold early nominating contests and the rules committee would select "no more than five states to be allowed to hold the first determining stage in their presidential nominating process."

If passed, the proposal would represent the most serious threat to Iowa's first-in-the-nation status, given the largely White state is no longer a battleground and is legally required to hold caucuses.

Most members who spoke at the meeting endorsed the plan, with only slight skepticism coming from members in current early states.

I'm glad to see they're finally taking a hard look at the cluster fornicate that is the current nomination process.  It should have been changed years ago.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

• 4 weeks later...

Even though Fuck Face is flirting with running again other GQP members are still preparing for runs

Former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo quietly finished his fifth trip to Iowa last week, and former U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley is planning a statewide trip this summer. Former Vice President Mike Pence is expected to visit western Iowa this weekend.

Pence’s trip is particularly notable since he spent the better part of four years in lockstep with Trump. It provides further evidence that Pence is considering his political future without regard to Trump’s plans.

• Upvote 6

• 1 month later...

Iowa Democrats are trying to keep the first in the nation status

Iowa Democrats hope the big changes they make to their caucuses will keep the state first in the nation in the presidential selection process.

On Thursday, they will make their case to the Democratic National Committee.

Iowa Democrats want to use mail-in or in-person participation over a 14 to 28-day period prior to caucus night. They also want to get rid of realignment, that requires caucus-goers to change candidates if theirs is not viable.

They believe this will increase participation and make the results easier to report.

I wish the DNC would come up with a better system.  Right now too many Americans don't get to chose who to support for nominee because by the time their state has their primary or caucus one candidate already has all the delegates needed and it's all academic.

Even when I lived in Iowa I was not a fan of the primary system.  Especially after the giant cluster fornicate of the Iowa 2020 Democratic caucus.  I wouldn't participate in a caucus again because there's other more useful things to do.

• Upvote 3

• 7 months later...

Glad to know she has a vision for her campaign. /s

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 5

I'm not getting any winner vibes from Nikki.  DeSantis is omgwtf but I'm concerned that Trump's candidacy will tend to make DeSantis look semi-normal.  Therefore, DeSantis would both gain and lose by Trump being in the race, but I think Trump can only lose by DeSantis being in the race.  Wonder how they'll play it, in combination with the Republican Party (with their goal of getting an R in the WH) and the big money donors.

Whether or not Biden runs again is also a factor.  He's older and our VP is a black woman.  Unfair as it is, I believe a lot of voters may hesitate to vote for Biden if they think Harris will end up as President during his term.  The Dems offering up a new candidate or candidates also poses risk, though.  

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

“By the people and for the people” only applied to white male landowners.  

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Haha 2

Nikki's full name is Nimarata Nikki Randhawa Haley.  She was born in SC after her parents immigrated.  There's nothing wrong with that but she ought to be mindful that, if she's courting the racist contingent of her party, they're not too thrilled about her either.  Also, she's female and they didn't even allow us to vote in the USA until 1920.  If the Republicans had their way, women and non-whites would still not be allowed to vote.

• Upvote 9