IGNORED

Major League Baseball

47of74

Here in Iowa they’re having an exhibition MLB game between the Yankees and White Sox at the Field of Dreams.  It’s on Fox right now  

69931583-3633-4A71-A2DE-581736DF99E6.thumb.jpeg.19465505f58965292d14f96f54e2031a.jpeg

They built a temporary field that’s up to MLB specs.  My dad said traffic was an absolute madhouse in Dyersville today.  It would’ve been nice to go but it required dropping too much scratch  

• Upvote 3
  • Love 4

Field of Dreams is one of my favorite movies.  It was going to be a TCM Fathom event last year when the theaters shut down due to COVID.  

Did you see the video of the kitten loose on the field at Yankee stadium last week?  

• Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

Field of Dreams is one of my favorite movies.  It was going to be a TCM Fathom event last year when the theaters shut down due to COVID.  

Did you see the video of the kitten loose on the field at Yankee stadium last week?  

No I didn’t see the kitten on the field video from last week.

I’ve been to a number of the places that showed up on the film. There’s a stretch of road used on the film about 1.5 miles from my home. A couple scenes were filmed at my undergrad. 

• Upvote 2

Of course I’m watching this now with the parental units and the erectile distinction ads roll in during the commercial breaks.  

• Haha 4

A certain maternal unit was wondering in the bottom of the 8th if the game would get done in time for the evening news.  Of course, what happens then.  The Yankees blast one our of the park putting them in the lead.  But the White Sox came back with their own two run homer in the 9th to seal the deal, and right in time for the evening news too.

I may have to ask the sibling unit if he's gonna take my niece out to show here where tonight's game was played if he can take me along.  Maybe make a day trip of it. 

Here's the winning hit...

• Upvote 1
  • Love 3

The game last night was awesome. Of course, it helped that the White Sox won. 😁 But from the intro (the players all walking in from the corn field) to the end, it was all a well-executed concept. I was very glad to see that MLB plans to have another Field of Dreams game next year. I hope it'll become an annual event.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, pamplemousse said:

The game last night was awesome. Of course, it helped that the White Sox won. 😁 But from the intro (the players all walking in from the corn field) to the end, it was all a well-executed concept. I was very glad to see that MLB plans to have another Field of Dreams game next year. I hope it'll become an annual event.

It was supposed to happen last year but the pandemic happened. It’d be nice to see it as an annual event.  Gonna have to visit there soon once the crowds die down a bit. 

• Love 2

21 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Of course I’m watching this now with the parental units and the erectile distinction ads roll in during the commercial breaks.  

I know that's a typo, but I'm laughing over here. :laughing-jumpingpurple:

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

I know that's a typo, but I'm laughing over here. :laughing-jumpingpurple:

Glad to be of service.  I only saw I’d after you mentioned it. Erectile distinction indeed.  

Edited by 47of74
  • Upvote 3

I liked everything but the ending.[/Yankees fan]
Although they did pretty well considering they have the equivalent of an entire lineup on the IL/COVID lists.

(And I believe it’s considered a regular-season game, not an exhibition.)

• Upvote 2

I've never seen the movie even though I like baseball! I need to add that to my movie list! I can never root for the White Sox, I'm a Cubs girl. ;)

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, meep said:

I've never seen the movie even though I like baseball! I need to add that to my movie list! I can never root for the White Sox, I'm a Cubs girl. ;)

Sounds like the Cubbies might be playing there next year.

The Chicago Cubs and Cincinnati Reds will meet in the 2022 edition of Major League Baseball's "Field of Dreams" game in Dyersville, Iowa, according to multiple reports.

This year's inaugural game featured the Yankees and White Sox playing among the cornfields, with Tim Anderson winning it for Chicago on a walk-off two-run homer into the cornstalks beyond the outfield fence.

That's a game I'd love to go to since I'm a total Cubs fanatic. 

• Thank You 1

• 2 months later...

My Braves won the World Series for the first time since 1995 (the only year they had ever brought home the crown). I was 4 years old and in bed at the time, so it’s been awhile. It still hasn’t hit honestly, especially given the Georgia sports curse in recent years. Didn’t seem likely with all the odds against us this year, especially since we were only 46-46 when Acuna Jr. went down right before the all-star break. Spend many year watching this team on TBS with my grandparents. They’re watching in their assisted-living home. I’m so glad they got to see at least one more! ❤️

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

10 hours ago, NonSOTDRT Teacher said:

My Braves won the World Series for the first time since 1995 (the only year they had ever brought home the crown). I was 4 years old and in bed at the time, so it’s been awhile. It still hasn’t hit honestly, especially given the Georgia sports curse in recent years. Didn’t seem likely with all the odds against us this year, especially since we were only 46-46 when Acuna Jr. went down right before the all-star break. Spend many year watching this team on TBS with my grandparents. They’re watching in their assisted-living home. I’m so glad they got to see at least one more! ❤️

Congrats-

• Thank You 1