IGNORED

2020 Election Results 12: Riots, Social Media Banning, And The Longest Election Cycle In History

GreyhoundFan

1 minute ago, AprilCameron said:

These types want so badly to be oppressed. But they can’t even the handle basic social consequences for making shit decisions. 

Also, the minimization of wrong-doing gets me wound the eff up. What is the husband charged with? Remind me again how vandalism/breaking & entering with an intent to harm others and disrupt the function of democracy is acceptable? 

Have to say, I love watching these MAGA rats struggle when they’re being dangled by their tails because they got themselves caught the fuck up. But what I love most is watching the insane old guard GOP (Rove, Graham, McConnell) get to experience being the ones targeted by these ridiculous racist, drugged out, inbred freaks for a change. My response? Welcome to the karma jungle, motherfuckers. And do they ever have a karmic debt that looks as if it’s being cashed in; right about now.

I removed the breaking down door comment as I double checked a couple of articles and did not see it. The news was profiling different people and MAYBE I got her mixed up. I was getting ready for work so its possible. Regardless they were there, she posted pictures, she was so proud. Consequences......  I agree, now they are whining and complaining. They don't even make good terrorists! 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

9 minutes ago, Spock said:

I have a conservative friend on Facebook saying she's moving to something called mewe...is that similar to Parler? 

Yes, it is. More like the crazy trumper version of Facebook though. It calls itself the anti Facebook because they don't moderate. 

Same MO though, and same trumpers.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 11

5 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Yes, it is. More like the crazy trumper version of Facebook though. It calls itself the anti Facebook because they don't moderate. 

Same MO though, and same trumpers.

Same d--- pics! The stories I heard about parler.... ugh. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, Spock said:

I have a conservative friend on Facebook saying she's moving to something called mewe...is that similar to Parler? 

Seems to be.

16 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I removed the breaking down door comment as I double checked a couple of articles and did not see it. The news was profiling different people and MAYBE I got her mixed up. I was getting ready for work so its possible. Regardless they were there, she posted pictures, she was so proud. Consequences......  I agree, now they are whining and complaining. They don't even make good terrorists! 

So we’re doing lots of reading because COVID. Even more than usual. 

While I’ve enjoyed the Kay Scarpetta series I need something new (and less murdery) to explore. Preferably fiction and not serial. 

Any ideas? Thank you very much, in advance.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Same d--- pics! The stories I heard about parler.... ugh. 

Parler is not unlike a literal breeding ground for maggots. There was a death threat made against Pelosi that I came across and reported. There’s a lot more I could say but shouldn’t, presently. But I will say that the vendors previously serving Parler made a responsible decision to discontinue their business relationships because servicing Parler could end up being a substantial liability to said vendors. Especially if last week’s shit show is allowed to continue.

• Upvote 5

20 minutes ago, AprilCameron said:

Seems to be.

While I’ve enjoyed the Kay Scarpetta series I need something new (and less murdery) to explore. Preferably fiction and not serial. 

Gosh, I am so bad with Reader's Advisory! My reading goes from bodice rippers, WWII fiction and whatever catches my fancy. I don't do a lot of mysteries though. I do like the Linda Castillo "Kate Burkholder" series set in Amish country.   It does get murdery though but I find them very engaging. 

Have you ever tried the Diane Mott Davidson books Goldy Shulz series? They are very popular, mysteries but not quite so rough. 

20 minutes ago, AprilCameron said:

Seems to be.

Ah, no series. My bad. There is a really good WWII fiction author Mandy Robotham. She has three books including one speculative about if Eva Braun had been pregnant, its called The German Midwife. Highly recommend it. And if you like speculative I recommend 1000 White Women: the Journals of May Dodd by Jim Fergus. It is a "what if" based on an actual event..... the US government promises to send 1000 women in exchange for horses to Native Americans after the Civil War, in hopes that the two cultures can "blend". It is a collection of "journals" from Ms. Dodd. The government gets the women from insane asylums and jails when they can't get enough "decent" women to sign up. May was in an asylum. Her crime? She had two children out of wedlock. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

30 minutes ago, AprilCameron said:

Seems to be.

Another I read recently is Resistance Women by Jennifer Chiaverini. Its about the resistance group The Red Orchestra in WWII. I had never heard of them before. I love when I find books about events that I was unaware of. They always make me want to read more. I will say, I am normally not a fan of her books, but loved this one. 

• Thank You 2

1 hour ago, fundiefan said:

Remember Kristina of the Arby's engagement? Well, she shared this video & is "warning" her friends to stock up & prepare. This dude, whoever the eff he is, has very specific information, y'all, and there is going to be Marshall Law so their dear leader can round up people who are not loyal and...well, he just has all this special information & blah, blah, blah. People actually believe this shit! I'm appalled. Disgusted. The arrogance is astonishing - and not just from this moron. 

https://www.facebook.com/1278522685/videos/10217568007693556/

I just listened to this video.  It looks as if it's been viewed over 5 million times.  And he's bat-crap crazy.

In case anyone else doesn't want to waste the time viewing it:  He made it on the 9th and says that martial law is eminent and everyone ought to be stocking up on groceries.  He has "several sources" who are "within the government".  He believes that ANTIFA (pretending to be Trumpers) caused the insurrection and that undercover military went in with them and stole laptops (even Nancy Pelosi's!) and now the Democrats are scared to death because they are going to be rounded up.  

He also believes that Franklin Roosevelt made the country a corporation after WWII and Trump is trying to get us back to being a Republic.  

This is troublesome on all sorts of levels.  This guy doesn't sound totally stupid.  He's a minister in Texas and has a big following.  He could see with his own eyes what happened on the 6th, yet he prefers to believe his Q-type friends and think that Trump is the good guy here.  I'm going to bookmark his page for a bit to see how he sounds after Trump leaves office next week.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 12
  • Thank You 10

3 minutes ago, Xan said:

I just listened to this video.  It looks as if it's been viewed over 5 million times.  And he's bat-crap crazy.

In case anyone else doesn't want to waste the time viewing it:  He made it on the 9th and says that martial law is eminent and everyone ought to be stocking up on groceries.  He has "several sources" who are "within the government".  He believes that ANTIFA (pretending to be Trumpers) caused the insurrection and that undercover military went in with them and stole laptops (even Nancy Pelosi's!) and now the Democrats are scared to death because they are going to be rounded up.  

He also believes that Franklin Roosevelt made the country a corporation after WWII and Trump is trying to get us back to being a Republic.  

This is troublesome on all sorts of levels.  This guy doesn't sound totally stupid.  He's a minister in Texas and has a big following.  He could see with his own eyes what happened on the 6th, yet he prefers to believe his Q-type friends and think that Trump is the good guy here.  I'm going to bookmark his page for a bit to see how he sounds after Trump leaves office next week.

My husband's childhood friend was spouting some terrible things on FB about Biden's daughter's diary being found and she has entries in there that he is a pedophile amongst other things. The guy has had some tough things happen in his life, a daughter died, a son arrested for murder.... but still my husband decided enough was enough and unfriended him. I cannot believe the insanity that is out there. 

• Upvote 8
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 8

44 minutes ago, AprilCameron said:

A few great books I've read lately include "The Book Thief", "The Time Traveller's Wife", and "Ender's Game".

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

52 minutes ago, AprilCameron said:

Seems to be.

Chet the dog series by Spencer Quinn. A dog detective and his human Bernie. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

For those who aren't aware - we have a whole thread about what we're reading.  You may find some good recommendations there:

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 12
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

May was in an asylum. Her crime? She had two children out of wedlock. 

That's insane!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

27 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

more arrests of more individuals of dubious appearance

What a moron! You would think he would know better, but he is a bored, rich kid. WTF is he? A furry? AGain, another person wearing furs.... it must have something to do with trying to prove their masculinity and look like a caveman. Instead all it tells me is in addition to being privileged and bored, they probably have small you know whats.  

Edited by libgirl2
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

3 hours ago, Dandruff said:

Will Trump try to pardon these folks?  Could he?

Wonder how they'll feel about their hero if there are no pardons and they've had a decade or two in prison to reconsider their loyalties.

Somebody brought this up to me last night.

If he tries to pardon these people I believe the rest of us will riot.  Seriously.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

7 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

That's insane!

Even though the story is fictional, they did do things like that to women in those days. She came from a prominent family and her lover was poor. Of course she would have to be insane to shack up with him! 

I did read that the government at the time did give thought to making this exchange but it never went thru of course. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

4 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Even though the story is fictional, they did do things like that to women in those days. She came from a prominent family and her lover was poor. Of course she would have to be insane to shack up with him! 

I did read that the government at the time did give thought to making this exchange but it never went thru of course. 

(It's meant as a double entendre)

• Upvote 5

33 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

more arrests of more individuals of dubious appearance

Please tell my why Jews are marching side by side with people who say ‘Six million wasn’t enough’?

• I Agree 29

12 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Please tell my why Jews are marching side by side with people who say ‘Six million wasn’t enough’?

Probably has a huge trust fund, doesn't work and is bored with nothing better to do. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Upvote 5

Just now, libgirl2 said:

Probably has a huge trust fund, doesn't work and is bored with nothing better to do. That or he is a moron (which of course he is already). 

I read an article that he is actually cognitively challenged. I can't remember where, so take that as you will, but it sounded based on the article like he might not have fully understood. 

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 11
  • Thank You 2

8 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I read an article that he is actually cognitively challenged. I can't remember where, so take that as you will, but it sounded based on the article like he might not have fully understood. 

If that is the case, where is his family? I have worked at the library for over 25 years and I see kids and young adults come in and spend the whole day here alone. I feel  bad for them because they end up getting taken advantage of or easily led into bad situations by others. 

I removed part of my  comment, but I still think he has nothing better to do and probably it isn't all his fault. I don't know his family dynamic but maybe he wants attention? 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Upvote 7

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic