IGNORED

Justin and Claire 2: Always the One I Forget

samurai_sarah

Well the last few weddings for the Duggars they had joint bachelor and bachelorette partiers

Jessa and Ben's Football game

Joe and Kendra's Boating day

Joy and Austin's Camping trip

I think Lauren and Josiah had a life-size foosball game 

So this might be Justin and claires joint skiing party, I bet the wedding is in the next two weeks

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, EmiSue said:

So apparently the ski trip was both a Spivey family trip (plus Justin, but he's about to be their son-in-law) and had a bunch of Justin's friends right before his wedding, which in any other group would qualify as a bachelor party. I'm...confused.

It doesn't seem like there were film crews there based on Hilary's photos and videos. Maybe the "official" bachelor party will be something else entirely, since Counting On always shows them, and this is just another fundie superspreader weekend (half the masks they were shown wearing on the slopes in those photos had vents in them...)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Oh_Dear! said:

I know someone mentioned they’re in Colorado, but pure curiosity, can anyone tell which ski area they’re at?

Keystone.

• Thank You 2

If the theme is ‘Duggar love during a pandemic’ then TLC may have asked them to film themselves so one of the Duggar brothers will have filmed stuff and is not as social media thirsty as Hilary.

It would be typical of the Duggars to pretend they were taking Covid seriously in order to provide a storyline - like Jinger’s fake car flip, the fake food give away, the fake ‘surprise’ proposals and baby announcements, the Duggars will ham it up for money.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, raayx01 said:

Well the last few weddings for the Duggars they had joint bachelor and bachelorette partiers

Jessa and Ben's Football game

Joe and Kendra's Boating day

Joy and Austin's Camping trip

I think Lauren and Josiah had a life-size foosball game 

So this might be Justin and claires joint skiing party, I bet the wedding is in the next two weeks

But were the Duggar women, or the women friends that Claire presumably has, there? I doubt it’s the filmed joint bachelorette/bachelor party for Counting On, but it’s clearly a pre-wedding event in some way. 

• Upvote 1

I completely missed they got engaged... only found out after browsing Duggar data. I just feel so sad. Justin might be 18 and over, but he looks like a literal child, like, he looks like guys in my class back in 8th grade... Idk why but it made me extra sad today. I hope to God this doesn't end up being a "pray the gay away" marriage, I'm scared that especially young male Duggar marriages might be that.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 7

1 hour ago, finnlassie said:

I completely missed they got engaged... only found out after browsing Duggar data. I just feel so sad. Justin might be 18 and over, but he looks like a literal child, like, he looks like guys in my class back in 8th grade... Idk why but it made me extra sad today. I hope to God this doesn't end up being a "pray the gay away" marriage, I'm scared that especially young male Duggar marriages might be that.

I think it’s more an ‘attention deficit’ marriage. Justin meets Claire- thinks she’s cute and likes being with her family and they are the sort of people his family approve of. Due to JB and M’s ridiculous rules ( which they then deny exist) he can’t just date her, they have to ‘court’ - throw in the very enthusiastic Hilary and boom- you have an engagement. 
Someone upthread said he’s probably never had so much attention in his life and he’s bound to enjoy it.

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, Idlewild said:

Someone upthread said he’s probably never had so much attention in his life and he’s bound to enjoy it.

This is what i think it comes down to, too.

Something I've wondered about Ma Spivey: maybe she's not just showing off her Duggar association to the wider public, maybe she's showing off to the Duggars themselves? Maybe she's observed how little individual attention Justin gets and is making a big show of what an amazing mother she is. If family size is kind of the be-all and end-all in the QF world she might have a chip on her shoulder for only having 6 (and her youngest is going on 5, she's likely done). She may be trying to up her supermom status by showing how well she mothers even if she has a smaller quiver (although to we normies we know that she mothers better because she has fewer).

• Upvote 10

Ma Spivey seems to be enamoured with the Duggars, like most of the people who get involved with them. Hillary Spivey was raised fundie herself which explains a lot. 

There were rumors Justin was feeling ignored by his parents. Finding him a bride ASAP seems to be how they're handling that.  

@finnlassie Justin and Claire announced the engagement the day after he turned 18. Claire revealed they'd been together 14 months around the time they announced the engagement. So he was 16 when they started dating.

This is high on my list of sh^^^y things JB and Michelle have done. I will absolutely blame them if this goes wrong, and I can't think at least one hundred things that could go wrong.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

Seeing as Jer, Jed and Austin are groomsmen at a wedding this coming weekend I think it is unlikely that Claire and Justin’s wedding will be this weekend. Perhaps Valentines weekend?

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Angelface said:

Seeing as Jer, Jed and Austin are groomsmen at a wedding this coming weekend I think it is unlikely that Claire and Justin’s wedding will be this weekend. Perhaps Valentines weekend?

I honestly thought the wedding would be in Jan. I agree, either next weekend or the last weekend in Feb, since that was the date on an alleged Claritin registry before it was changed. 

I still think it will be before her birthday to make the gap look smaller. Because of the other wedding there are only 3 possible dates left: 19, 20 and 26.

• Upvote 3

Have any of the Duggars had weekday weddings? Few in their circle work traditional m-f schedules and you can book vendors and venues for less money and on shorter notice for weekdays. That is if they use a vendor other than Sierra or a venue other than their backyard. 

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, artdecades said:

Have any of the Duggars had weekday weddings? 

I'm pretty sure there was a Friday wedding. Maybe Joy's?

• Upvote 5

Again, just hoping all these fun experiences with the Spivey's show Justin what life could be like if you just somewhat limit your quiver!! Skiing in Keystone is something the Duggar NEVER could have afforded (plus they aren't humble enough to admit they aren't "experts" in something just because they skied some bunny slopes in TN). The attention/experiences lavished upon him is something he could give his own kids if he just didn't have as many of them! 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

2 hours ago, kmachete14 said:

Again, just hoping all these fun experiences with the Spivey's show Justin what life could be like if you just somewhat limit your quiver!! Skiing in Keystone is something the Duggar NEVER could have afforded (plus they aren't humble enough to admit they aren't "experts" in something just because they skied some bunny slopes in TN). The attention/experiences lavished upon him is something he could give his own kids if he just didn't have as many of them! 

Didn’t the Duggars go skiing in Colorado at least once (maybe twice) on the show? 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, artdecades said:

Have any of the Duggars had weekday weddings? Few in their circle work traditional m-f schedules and you can book vendors and venues for less money and on shorter notice for weekdays. That is if they use a vendor other than Sierra or a venue other than their backyard. 

5 hours ago, viii said:

I'm pretty sure there was a Friday wedding. Maybe Joy's?

I thought that all the Duggars got married on Saturdays, but it turns out a few couples have married on Friday.   Josh/Anna, Joy/Austin, and Joseph/Kendra all got married on Fridays. The other couples got married on Saturday. 

I used Fundie wiki to check the dates. 

I hadn't realized that so thanks for pointing it out. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 6

Saw an article with an Amazon wedding registry for them with an April date. Not the usual kind of Duggar requests, but nearly everything was purchased.

Then another one with a February date. Still some different kind of things. 

• Upvote 3

Justin is one of the younger kids. I hope his groomsmen are the howlers and Claire’s brothers and her bridesmaids are the youngest four. The older married siblings have been in plenty of weddings. No idea who their non related friends are, if they have any. 

• Upvote 6

9 hours ago, BullyJBG said:

Mom Hillary just posted on her IG that links for their registry that people found are fake.

I kinda figured they were. Pretty random requests for gifts - even for a teenage Duggar. 

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic