IGNORED

Patriot Church Evangelical Trump Worshippers

NachosFlandersStyle

46 minutes ago, Howl said:

And of course, a Christian Nationalist home school curriculum: 

What the fuck did I just read? This guy is nuts. He posted samples of the "essays" that are included in the curriculum, like this one: https://www.christendomcurriculum.com/blog/battle-paper-monument-desecration-and-the-fifth-commandment

Can't wait to educate my children by making them read some racist windbag's retelling of an argument he got into on Facebook!

• Angry 2
  • WTF 4
  • I Agree 1

15 hours ago, Howl said:

The white supremacist op against Gov. Whitmer could very well be the tip of the iceberg for crazy militia activity and those who have been trained in the military are by far the scariest of all, because they have actual skills. These wingnuts are being actively empowered by Trump. As Michael Cohen noted, Trump sees them as his actual warriors. 

When you have assholes like Alex Jones talking up revolution like he has been then I think there's a genuine reason to be scared of this outcome. His rhetoric over the last year has become even more out there than it usually is - angry and petulant and violent and even shoutier - all wrapped up in an unhealthy amount of Trump worship and weirdass Christian preaching. I think it's just a matter of time.

And how are these people anti-Social Justice? Is it just another thing they've crossed off the list of decent Christian attributes?

• Upvote 7
  • Angry 1

1 hour ago, Katzchen24 said:

And how are these people anti-Social Justice? Is it just another thing they've crossed off the list of decent Christian attributes?

They're white nationalists. They don't want anything that helps people of color. They're probably Patriarchal so nothing that helps women.  They probably hate the LGBTQ+ community.  What does that even leave them in social justice?

It's interesting that they're "Pro-West". I guess that means they like the 19th century ideas like Manifest Destiny and Western Expanation where the US killed the Native Americans off their land.

These people are pure evil. 

I saw someone with a protest sign on-line that read "There no white people in the bible. Take as long as you need with that." 

I hope these shits see that photo. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 1

Here's the post in question.  Since we're brought up Piper, I thought I'd go ahead and post this in this thread, although not directly relevant.

A respectful response to my friend John Piper about voting for Trump

This is a useful read to see how teavangelicals view Biden (a thoughtful and decent man) vs. Trump and how they excuse his idiocy, because abortion and Christian bakers vs. Teh gayz. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

11 hours ago, Katzchen24 said:

When you have assholes like Alex Jones talking up revolution like he has been then I think there's a genuine reason to be scared of this outcome.

Unfortunately, you're right. Here's what the various flavors of domestic terrorists are up to:

Domestic Terrorists in the US.jpg

• Angry 1
  • Disgust 4
  • Sad 3
  • WTF 1

8 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Unfortunately, you're right. Here's what the various flavors of domestic terrorists are up to:

Domestic Terrorists in the US.jpg

I think I need to move to Alaska. 

• Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, AmericanRose said:

So the options are North Dakota, Hawaii and Alaska?

This country is scary.

One of those Charlottestown nazis was from North Dakota.

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

One of those Charlottestown nazis was from North Dakota.

He couldn't find a local group to join?

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Howl said:

And of course, a Christian Nationalist home school curriculum: 

This is actually not at all new or unique .  

Similarly, the Christian “home schooling” movement is part of the longterm revolutionary strategy of Reconstructionism. One of the principal home schooling curricula is provided by Reconstructionist Paul Lindstrom of Christian Liberty Academy (CLA) in Arlington Heights, Illinois. CLA claims that it serves about 20,000 families. Its 1994 curriculum included a book on “Biblical Economics” by Gary North. Home schooling advocate Christopher Klicka, who has been deeply influenced by R. J. Rushdoony, writes: “Sending our children to the public school violates nearly every Biblical principle… .It is tantamount to sending our children to be trained by the enemy.” He claims that the public schools are Satan’s choice. Klicka also advocates religious selfsegregation and advises Christians not to affiliate with non-Christian home schoolers in any way. “The differences I am talking about,” declares Klicka, “have resulted in wars and martyrdom in the not too distant past.” According to Klicka, who is an attorney with the Home School Legal Defense Association, “as an organization, and as individuals, we are committed to promote the cause of Christ and His Kingdom.”

Estimates of the number of home schooling families vary enormously. Conservatively, there are certainly over 100,000. Klicka estimates that 85-90 percent of home schoolers are doing so “based on their religious convictions.” “In effect,” he concludes, “these families are operating religious schools in their homes.” A fringe movement no longer, Christian home schoolers are being actively recruited by the archconservative Hillsdale College.

https://www.politicalresearch.org/1994/03/01/christian-reconstructionismtheocratic-dominionism-gains-influence   P.S.  In the interest of full disclosure , as I have mentioned elsewhere , before my parents realized what exactly it was all about ,  my sister and I were homeschooled using Christian Liberty Academy curriculum . Incidentally , so was Rachel Dolezal , for what it's worth .   https://www.patheos.com/blogs/lovejoyfeminism/2015/06/lets-talk-about-rachel-dolezals-parents.html   

• Thank You 2

16 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Hey, those are just the ones that have held events in the last few months. The SPLC lists hate groups in every single state: https://www.splcenter.org/hate-map

And the events look to be focused more on cities, rather than isolated "training" or "fellowship" events. Maybe that original graphic shows the advertised or publicized events.

• Upvote 1