Top Posters In This Topic

• GreyhoundFan

• ADoyle90815

• fraurosena

• WiseGirl

31 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

20201019_red7.JPG

I saw a similar version 

E2844E24-1721-4837-9549-447C25E27F3E.thumb.jpeg.87be644bd221c81af6fef44d41774211.jpeg

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 6

image.png.96cbce45d0aae1f5da6509a77538aae5.png

"No Givesies Backsies"

One of the conspiracy theories being spread by the Qanon cult is that Washington is run by a bunch of Satanic worshipping pedophiliac cannibalistic Democrats. The irony here is, it’s the Republicans in Washington, and everywhere else, who have sold their souls to the devil.

Do you know why they’re rushing to put Amy Coney Barrett on the court now, before the election, and not wait until the next presidential term? Because Republicans may not ever be here again.

Donald Trump won the presidency by catching lightning in a bottle. The GOP won the White House by the slimmest of margins in three swing states that are now looking like they’re going for Biden. Trump was also assisted by Russians and bad timing and judgement by the director of the FBI. Donald Trump landed in the White House while the majority of Americans voted against him. Can he do that twice? It’s not looking good for him. It’s not looking good for Republicans. Donald Trump is about to go down and take them with him.

In 2018, the Republicans lost the House by a huge margin picking up 41 seats. While the GOP retained the Senate, and even added a few seats, 12 million more Americans voted for Democratic Senate candidates than Republicans. America is rejecting the policies of the Republican Party.

While I wouldn’t bet that America is swinging wildly to the left, it’s rejecting the Republican policies of division and hate. A majority of Americans are pro-choice, pro-gay marriage, and pro-heathcare. The majority of this nation are not racist.

The GOP has spent the past four years catering to the least-informed, to the stupid, and to the racists. They’ve all sold their souls to Donald Trump. They’ve been losing ever since.

What did the Republicans sell their souls for? Federal judges. So far, they have confirmed 218 federal judges since Donald Trump took office. Nine of these confirmations were rated “not qualified” by the American Bar Association but they’ll be right-wingers on the bench for decades. But it may be a very long time before Republicans get any more.

The federal courts don’t represent the rest of the nation. Most Americans aren’t as right-wing as our courts. Our elections prove that. But as our nation moves to the left, the courts will remain rigidly on the right. We’ll have religious cultists like Amy Coney Barrett to deal with for decades.

And these courts don’t look like the rest of the nation. Despite the high profile of appointing a woman to the Supreme Court, only about 25% of Trump’s judicial nominations are women. Trump’s appointments are 85% white. And for the appellate courts, not one appointment has been black. Remember, during a trial over his fake university scamming people, Donald Trump said the judge wasn’t fit to preside over the trial because he’s “Mexican.”

Keep in mind, these judges were nominated by a president (sic) the majority of voters rejected, who was impeached, and was aided into his office by Vladimir Putin. We have federal judges who were selected by a guy who shouldn’t be trusted to make his own selections from the kids’ menu at Denny’s. We have judges confirmed by a Senate most Americans have rejected. And these lifetime appointments were mostly approved by a slim majority. The two new Supreme Court Justices couldn’t win 60 votes, so Mitch McConnell changed the rules. Amy Coney Barrett will most likely fail to win 60 votes, but she’ll get enough to serve on the highest court in the land for the rest of her life. No one should serve on a federal court who could only get votes from one party. We should not have lifetime appointments who only got by with the bare minimum required.

With a huge defeat looming in the next two weeks, Republicans are already starting to distance themselves from Donald Trump. Soon, they’ll start telling us how they never really liked him. They’ll try to pretend they never supported a lying, sexist, racist, treasonous vile piece of crap that defended Nazis and helped recruit terrorists who try to kidnap Democratic governors. They’ll forget they didn’t just look the other way, but defended a president (sic) who was breaking the law. They’ll forget they supported a president committing treasonous acts. They’ll forget they pandered to Putin’s puppet.

When they come to you with their hat in hand, telling you how pragmatic they are, that they never sold their souls, that they still have their morals and principles, don’t believe them. Remember how they were over the past four years. Remember the promises they made when they stole a Supreme Court seat from President Obama. Remember how they broke those promises for Amy Coney Barrett. Remember how they didn’t bail on a president, even after he started praising Nazis.

Remember who they are because they’ve been telling us for the past four years. Remember their lack of principles. Remember and vote them out. Send them where we’re sending Donald Trump. And maybe…just maybe…

When Donald Trump flees the country, he’ll take a few of them with him.

• Upvote 11

On 10/19/2020 at 12:07 PM, Howl said:

Support for Trump in the heartland remains passionate, strong and widespread. We ignore this at our peril. 

Absolutely. My husband joined a FB group called something like Massachusetts for Trump “to laugh at them” (spy on them and remain realistically fearful about the election) while I just keep an eye on the page of one former neighbour from Missouri. He seemed sane back when I knew him, now he posts stuff like this:

DC39A6BB-9B60-4826-90B4-54CCF4EC57E9.jpeg

D5B68FF6-2381-4B59-816B-543135F99795.jpeg

DD552E78-C9FF-423C-BDD7-C84D31FD529E.jpeg

That last one has been shared 350 000+ times. I really want to believe the swathes of people early voting is a sign of a blue wave, but Mr Smee showed me a post by someone saying his wife is a Democrat and is voting R for the first time in her life because she’s afraid of Trump losing. I don’t get it. But I think it’s dangerous to write it off as a minority; until results are in we just won’t know.

Edited by Smee
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic