IGNORED

Government Response to Coronavirus 5: We're On Our Own

GreyhoundFan

Nueces County/Corpus Christi, TX is a CV 19 hotspot right now.  Tropical Depression 8 is going to make landfall somewhere along that general part of the Texas Gulf Coast in a few days, with potentially extremely heavy rainfall. 

I can't even think of how disastrous another Hurricane Harvey hitting Houston, Corpus Christi or the Texas Valley would be when they are already overwhelmed with devastating numbers of CV 19 cases. 

The secondary problem is that everyone inland (San Antonio, Austin, Waco, Dallas/Ft Worth) are dealing with their own problems and don't have a lot of spare ICU capacity. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Shaking my head

I am laughing because seriously, what else can you do? Sure, if you ignore the problems everything looks great! As long as you keep your vision tightly focused everything's peachy!

• Upvote 4

Guess who may have changed his mind on schools reopening - kind of

although I take this as a cloaked indicator of how dire things really are.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 4

17 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Well, apparently that’s the same swath of land in swing states that voted for Trump in 2020. It’s those same land masses that gave him the W. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

And didn’t the CDC come out today and say it was safe for kids to go back to school? What a steamy, fetid pile of crapola- Anything to placate ole Trump.

• Sad 2

Kimmy lifted the cap on the number of tests the local site can do but it's now all by appointment. 

The governor’s office earlier this week directed Epic Health and Wellness, 1075 Cedar Cross Road, Suite 1, to not take more than 100 COVID-19 test samples per day going forward. Local officials have said 400 to 550 samples were collected on average on days when the Dubuque site was open.

As a result, the hours of the free Test Iowa site at Epic were reduced to 6 to 7 a.m. Monday through Thursday.

However, the governor’s office announced Friday it was lifting the cap on testing at the Dubuque site, effective Monday. Testing going forward, though, will be by appointment.

Adjusted hours for the Dubuque testing site, however, were not immediately available Friday afternoon. Messages left with Epic Health and Wellness seeking comment were not returned.

Wait til Fuckface von #Bunkerbitch finds out about this. 

Edited by 47of74
  • Upvote 4

I've been following the situation in South Texas -- the southernmost tip of Texas along the Mexican border.  Staggeringly high rates of coronavirus, poverty, high rates of Type II diabetes and accompanying obesity -- and a hospital system that is sending the sickest home to die because the hospitals are past the breaking point.  This area has now been hit by Hurricane Hanna (90 mph winds, so the upper end of Category 1), which as I type is still dropping heavy rains in an area already prone to flooding even without a hurricane, and that has received over a foot of rain in a short period of time.  In the weeks ahead, this could be a way for mosquito borne illnesses to spread. 

In a rational time with competent leadership, the National Guard would already have been on the scene on the last month setting up field hospitals to help ameliorate a dire medical situation.  WTAF if wrong with our country?  Instead, this area with limited resources, has been left to struggle along on its own. 

Governor Abbott has already declared a disaster for 32 counties and is wringing his hands about how coastal evacuations could help spread coronavirus, which his failed leadership has already allowed to explode. 

This scenario will be  repeated if a hurricane hits Florida in the weeks ahead. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 4
  • Sad 5
  • WTF 1
  • Love 1

This is true, the Repug hatred of people is so blatant...well, except for fetuses; they love fetuses.

• Disgust 1
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 9

This is inexcusable:

• Disgust 4
  • WTF 4
  • Thank You 1

Per Faux news, the lack of medical supplies is all Obama's fault.  Insert rage emoji  here- the hurricane  headed towards Texas will probably be Obama's fault.  So grateful FJ gives me refuge from the Mango Bunker Bitch Fuckpuppet worship that I am surrounded by.

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 3

Typical Repug bill:

• Confused 1
  • WTF 4

Thoughts n prayers asshole

Rep. Louie Gohmert -- a Texas Republican who has been walking around the Capitol without a mask -- has tested positive for the coronavirus, according to multiple sources.

Gohmert was scheduled to fly to Texas on Wednesday morning with President Donald Trump and tested positive in a pre-screen at the White House. The eighth-term Republican told CNN last month that he was not wearing a mask because he was being tested regularly for the coronavirus.

"If I get it," he told CNN in June, "you'll never see me without a mask."

Reps. Mario Diaz Balart (R-Fla.), Neal Dunn (R-Fla.), Morgan Griffith (R-Va.), Mike Kelly (R-Pa.), Ben McAdams (D-Utah) and Tom Rice (R-S.C.) have tested positive for the virus, along with Sen. Rand Paul (R-Tenn.).

Edited by 47of74
  • Upvote 8

On 7/26/2020 at 10:35 AM, Howl said:

This scenario will be  repeated if a hurricane hits Florida in the weeks ahead. 

A hurricane is now forecast to hit Florida by the weekend.  Where's the damned Sharpie?  To clarify, the future track is quite uncertain, but it has 90% chance of developing into a tropical cyclone, and will do damage on the way and create havoc at it's final destination. 

@47of74, I'm thrilled for US Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Shithead)! Don't know if he's showing symptoms yet. Louie Gohmert is...I don't even know how to describe his idiocy.  He represents northeast Texas, including Big Sandy (now IBLP headquarters?). 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 3

Well, I'm discouraged by his lack of statewide orders at any point for seemingly anything.  

• Upvote 5

Fuck you Republicans

A 74-year-old Iowa man says he has to pay back three months’ worth of unemployment benefits from the state.

Walt Oldham has stage 4 kidney failure, congestive heart failure, diabetes, and COPD. Because of this, he self-isolated in fear of catching COVID-19.

After filing for unemployment, he says the state now wants that money back. That’s $726 for each week, over a span of three months.

Oldham and his attorney say the state claims he left his job voluntarily.

• Disgust 5
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 2

5 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

Yet these yahoos claim to be pro-life.

Every time I see one of those dumbass billboards the reich to life puts up around here I grumble that the people who put up these signs don't give two shits about human lives after said lifeforms exit the birth canal.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

I wasn't sure where to post this, but isn't it the damned truth? The Rs would be screaming and calling non-stop hearings if Hillary was president. Meanwhile, over 150,000 Americans have died and the Rs just shrug.

image.png.ddb09f64fdd7191ea37a819ce452f492.png

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 8

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I wasn't sure where to post this, but isn't it the damned truth? The Rs would be screaming and calling non-stop hearings if Hillary was president. Meanwhile, over 150,000 Americans have died and the Rs just shrug.

image.png.ddb09f64fdd7191ea37a819ce452f492.png

And in the alternate timeline the Trumpsters are claiming that Trump would have handled it better because he understands business. Heh.

• Upvote 5

Fucking hell we probably wouldn’t even have 100 deaths if she had been in charge. 

And Fuckmuppet is upset over getting called out over the fucked up pandemic response 

President Donald Trump was not happy to see Rep. James Clyburn (D-SC) calling out the American government’s failures to contain the novel coronavirus.

After Clyburn displayed a chart showing that cases in the United States had surged even as cases in European countries were under control, the president took to Twitter to attack the congressman, who serves as the Chairman of the Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Crisis.

• Upvote 5

One of my family members used to be in contracting for the federal government. There are so many regulations that must be followed to have the contracts be legal. I can't wait to have an administration that follows the rules.

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 3

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic