IGNORED

Government Response to Coronavirus 5: We're On Our Own

GreyhoundFan

Of course the individual who is Iowa House Rep where I live is busily kissing up to #CovidKim these days.

During annual fundraiser, Lundgren praises Reynolds' leadership amid pandemic

PEOSTA, Iowa — Iowa Rep. Shannon Lundgren’s annual Brews and BBQ fundraiser on Wednesday night looked much like it always does, but for hints of the global pandemic.

Before the event started, Lundgren, R-Peosta, said she thought voters in her district appreciated her support of COVID-19 response measures enacted by Republican Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds.

In other words, I have no representation in either chamber of the Iowa Legislature since the Senator is also a reich winger. 

• Upvote 4

#CovidKim in the news again

An aggressive push by Iowa’s pro-Trump governor to reopen schools amid a worsening coronavirus outbreak has descended into chaos, with some districts and teachers rebelling and experts calling the scientific benchmarks used by the state arbitrary and unsafe.

The clash in the Midwest has illustrated in condensed form the tension between science and politics — and between economic concerns and health fears — that has characterized the nation’s response to the outbreak from the White House on down. The virus has devastated the U.S. economy and killed over 170,000 Americans.

At issue is Republican Gov. Kim Reynolds’ mandate in July that districts offer at least 50% classroom instruction.

The conflict intensified Wednesday when the statewide teachers union announced a lawsuit challenging the governor’s ability to make such decisions for local districts. The Iowa City school board, which like many others had planned to start the year fully online, voted to join the lawsuit.

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, 47of74 said:

In other words, I have no representation in either chamber of the Iowa Legislature since the Senator is also a reich winger. 

In the Texas Legislature, I've got the "true conservative" who got kicked off a committee because he made inappropriate comments about a female staffer, and Bang-Bang, who only exists to get pro-gun laws passed.

• Upvote 4

That's the government of Iowa for you all - all in such a rush to kiss the orange fuck muppet's ass they don't even bother trying to do their jobs right.

Timelines surrounding the discovery of data flaws came to light during a Thursday press conference, during which Pedati confirmed that she first learned of the errors in late July. Moments earlier, Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds said she didn’t become aware of the flaws until last week.

In the interview with the TH on Thursday, Pedati defended the continued rollout of this data.

“We are trying to provide as much information as quickly as possible to help people understand what is going on,” she said. “But there will be adjustments we have to make and there are reviews that we do constantly to make sure that information is provided in an accurate and timely way.”

Iowa Sen. Pam Jochum, D-Dubuque, said it was “irresponsible” to keep presenting erroneous data to the public. And despite recent system updates, she said, she has continued to notice inconsistencies, as has the TH.

• Upvote 4

Of course #CovidKim is ignoring officials in the fuck face White House.

A White House coronavirus task force has issued new recommendations for Iowa to mandate face masks and to close bars in the state's largest cities, including Dubuque, to try to slow the spread of COVID-19.

So far, Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds hasn't acted on those recommendations.

The new recommendations were included in an Aug. 9 report from the task force, headed by Dr. Deborah Birx, the Des Moines Register reported. Birx discussed those recommendations last week in a meeting with Iowa's state epidemiologist, Dr. Caitlin Pedati.

Birx suggested Iowa consider measures other states have taken, including bar restrictions and mandating face masks in public, Pedati said.

Question - if the demon sperm doctor suggested these measures would she finally implement them?  Asking for a friend.  An enemy.  My car.  My bicycle shop.  Etc etc.  

• Upvote 4

Continued here:

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic