IGNORED

Government Response to Coronavirus 5: We're On Our Own

GreyhoundFan

Trump paraphrase:  It's up the states to manage covid and take the heat for it, unless I want them to open churches because it will pander to my base.  

DeVos paraphrase: Trump wants open schools because it panders to his base, but it's up the states to determine how to do this and take the heat when there is an outbreak.

It's all about the pandering, folks, and they don't even pretend otherwise.  My daughter is a teacher and she is terribly upset and frightened for herself, her own kids, and her students.  

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 3

The lies and stupidity are incredible:

• WTF 5

Hey Fuckopotomus von BunkerBitch and Bitch McFuckstick you might be doing something the fuck wrong when a paper's obituary section is this fucking long...

• Sad 12
  • Thank You 2

4 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Hey Fuckopotomus von BunkerBitch and Bitch McFuckstick you might be doing something the fuck wrong when a paper's obituary section is this fucking long...

Thanks for posting this.  Very impactful.  In scrolling down the comments, there was an animated graph showing the US and EU totals.  Yikes!  We're in trouble!  (I know you knew that.) 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, 47of74 said:

And they aren't long obituaries, not even a paragraph. That is horrifying - so many families. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

Scavino is a tool. No wonder twitler keeps him around:

• WTF 7

16 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

Wtf

WTF indeed! Assuming the White House will falsify data (which kind of seems like a given), will the state governments still have a way to at least know their current case numbers? Because if not... fuck. There could be disastrous second waves before anyone can react. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

5 hours ago, Exchange Atheist said:

WTF indeed! Assuming the White House will falsify data (which kind of seems like a given), will the state governments still have a way to at least know their current case numbers? Because if not... fuck. There could be disastrous second waves before anyone can react. 

Of course the Fuckoputomus Von Bunker Bitch will make sure that data is skewed to his favor.  I listen to way too much Faux  (PsyD Jr and my BF) have it on nonstop.  The lying liberal fake news  and the democrats are inflating numbers because they don't want this president to succeed.  Insert vomit emoji here.  Bunker Bitch and his minions will do what ever it takes to ensure they are in power  another 4 years.  

• WTF 1
  • I Agree 3

• WTF 13

56 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

If he has even a sliver of a conscience I don't know how he lives with himself.  I wonder - just a little - who he's going to vote for in November.

I went shopping today because it was time.  And since there's no way of knowing if/when things will get horrifically bad here again, I've been trying to plan ahead a bit.  I've been buying extra paper products each time I shop, which has been a PITA but should make things easier over the next few months.  If COVID numbers shoot up, in addition to the threat of the flu and who knows what else if the kids go back to school, I'll want to get in and out of stores extra quickly.  Needing fewer bulky items will help. 

Store compliance was spotty to good today.  I was disappointed that the store I had ranked #1 about a month ago seemed less attentive about sanitizing carts and I saw one employee, with her mask around her neck, chatting with a customer.  I reported her. 

• Upvote 9

Georgia is currently 8th on the list of states with the highest number of cases. :shakehead:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.8c368d0f0eab34f8c0d4db1d63a0dc00.png

• WTF 10
  • Thank You 1

What the holy fuck? Is it appropriate to say they want to kill the people? The GOP can‘t be this stupid. This (non) response has an agenda. 

At least one person is spot on. I really like Peter Hotez. Watch the video. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 6

Good job circumventing the corrupt trumpvidians in this sham administration, Dr. Fauci!

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

I'm guessing Gilead's CEO is a buddy of Twitler.

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 1

22 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Georgia is currently 8th on the list of states with the highest number of cases. :shakehead:

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.8c368d0f0eab34f8c0d4db1d63a0dc00.png

I'm surprised our fucking idiot of a Governor here in Iowa (Kim Reynolds) hasn't come along and tried to out dumbfuck guys like Kemp or DeSantis yet.  I bet Kimmy's whining about Coralville asking people to mask up voluntarily and wants to tell everyone that local governments can't even voluntarily ask people to mask up.

Kimmy, Senator Breadbags McCutyernutzoff, and Senator Lawnmower all have the places of honor on the list of reasons why I want to leave Iowa.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

Hey Accidental Governor (aka Trumpvidian Fanboy) - I don't want people coming to Missouri right now and it's SEVERELY unresponsible to spend TOURISM dollars in the middle of a flipping pandemic.  I don't care if it came from the CARES stimulus or not.

• Disgust 2
  • WTF 6

And here I am watching the Georgia governor giving a live update including scripture. What a tool. I'm so angry for the people of Georgia. Um look at your virus data idiot your "encouragement" to wear masks hasn't worked so well so far. Ohm and he included scripture in his speech. So much for seperation of church and state. Way to play politics with the lives of your citizens asshole.

• Upvote 10

Kim Reynolds to the people of Iowa: Fuck you.

Gov. Kim Reynolds announced today that she would override local school districts and require students to spend at least half of their education time in classrooms despite concerns the move could endanger children and teachers as the number of coronavirus cases increase in the state.

Reynolds' decision will invalidate plans implemented by some districts, including Des Moines, the state's largest school system, to limit in-person classes to one day per week for most students with online learning on other days. The governor's actions are in line with the fervent recommendations of President Donald Trump, who has said it's essential that students return to classrooms despite surging numbers of virus cases in much of the country.

"One of the most important milestones in our recovery effort is getting Iowa students back to school," Reynolds said at a news conference this morning. "And while we all know this school year will be different than ever before, it's critical that we prioritize bringing Iowa's children back to the classroom safely and responsibly."

If I had a kid Kim could kiss my ass since that child would not be going to school in person until things got better.  I'd homeschool before I acceded to Kim's wishes.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 2

4 hours ago, clueliss said:

Hey Accidental Governor (aka Trumpvidian Fanboy) - I don't want people coming to Missouri right now and it's SEVERELY unresponsible to spend TOURISM dollars in the middle of a flipping pandemic.  I don't care if it came from the CARES stimulus or not.

Yeah I’m not down with moving to Missouri for my job unless there’s a big ass pay increase. 

• Upvote 3

I'm not sure if the whole thread will post but Senator Murphy is not happy with Fuckopotamus's lack of leadership (again).  

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

Gee lookie what’s trending in Iowa now on the twitters 

B04A1CC5-E7CF-41FE-83C6-AF36F23ACEB8.thumb.jpeg.7b7e8839510d530990cbc2e4a6e48bb7.jpeg

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

I'm not sure if the whole thread will post but Senator Murphy is not happy with Fuckopotamus's lack of leadership (again).  

If testing is that far behind the only way to control spread is to require all people tested to self-quarantine until they have a result, with predictable effects on health care systems and people not getting tested because it will affect their ability to work.

Or of course to go into full lockdown again, with other predictable consequences. 

If Trump wants testing limited so badly I think they should refuse to run tests at the White House. Let him shake hands with unscreened, unmasked people. Stop giving him the space to think it won't affect him.

• Upvote 7

How states are handling the outbreak (part 2).

Ok, not the full title in the link there, but a fairly good overview of how each state is going. With some swearing, and probably a bit of stereotyping. Ok, definitely a bit of stereotyping (I laughed, sorry). Part 1 went up to June 14th, this is what's happened since. Has graphs for helpful reference. 

Also I particularly like the categorizing of different opening times into things like "HAIR STUFF" and "TATTS opening". 

Edited by Ozlsn
  • Thank You 4

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic