IGNORED

Carlin, Evan, and Layla Rae 7: Grifter in Utero

GreyhoundFan

1 hour ago, princessmahina said:

An ambulance can cost thousands of dollars and easily destroy your savings. It’s a tough call, especially if one is uninsured.

I don't know if its the same in all states. But the one where I live the ambulance company or whoever you pay won't work with you to come up a payment plan. I called them on mine and they offered an amount that too much for me to pay. When I told them that they gave me another amount which was higher then the first. I had to wait until it went to collections because they do work with you. If you can only play five, ten or twenty bucks then that's what you pay. We ended up doing that for all of Mom's ambulance bills too. I can easily see how people might take the risk of driving to the ER when that's on top of whatever medical bills you'll rack up in the ER or more if you end up having to stay longer. All of my money and most of my parents was wiped out thanks to medical bills. It really sucks.

Edited by JordynDarby5
  • Upvote 4
  • Sad 8

7 hours ago, JordynDarby5 said:

I don't know if its the same in all states. But the one where I live the ambulance company or whoever you pay won't work with you to come up a payment plan. I called them on mine and they offered an amount that too much for me to pay. When I told them that they gave me another amount which was higher then the first. I had to wait until it went to collections because they do work with you. If you can only play five, ten or twenty bucks then that's what you pay. We ended up doing that for all of Mom's ambulance bills too. I can easily see how people might take the risk of driving to the ER when that's on top of whatever medical bills you'll rack up in the ER or more if you end up having to stay longer. All of my money and most of my parents was wiped out thanks to medical bills. It really sucks.

I can only speak for New York but I used to be an EMT and then later I worked for an ambulance billing company so I know firsthand how ridiculously expensive a ride to the hospital is on an ambulance. It's unbelievable. Something that they didn't like us to tell the patients was that as long as they were paying something....ANYTHING....every 30 days we couldn't legally do anything about it. I had people paying  $5 or $10 a month for years because that's all they could afford (which I totally understand because that's how I would have to pay too) so now I try to make sure that people know that is an option when the topic comes up.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

On 5/19/2020 at 4:12 PM, JordynDarby5 said:

Big hugs to you and yours. I’ll health and worrying bout cash. Killer. Xoxox 

• Love 2

This is such a foreign concept to me. Obviously you have to pay if you call emergency services just for fun but the second you do it because you have reason to believe they might be needed you won’t be charged a cent. Even if they don’t take you or the person you called them for with them afterwards. The dispatch does a good job assessing beforehand if an ambulance is needed or maybe just an emergency physician. In any case- If more is needed the first responder/dispatch will arrange for it.

• Upvote 9

On 5/19/2020 at 10:06 AM, mollysmom said:

I can only speak for New York but I used to be an EMT and then later I worked for an ambulance billing company so I know firsthand how ridiculously expensive a ride to the hospital is on an ambulance. It's unbelievable. Something that they didn't like us to tell the patients was that as long as they were paying something....ANYTHING....every 30 days we couldn't legally do anything about it. I had people paying  $5 or $10 a month for years because that's all they could afford (which I totally understand because that's how I would have to pay too) so now I try to make sure that people know that is an option when the topic comes up.

I might live in your region.  The last time I rode in an ambulance, it cost a little over $1,200 to go 3.1 miles.  I had a dislocated knee, they gave me an IV pain med (I no longer remember what it was), and they dropped me off at the ER.  My insurance covered it, but they sent a check made out to me for the amount of the bill that I had to forward to the ambulance company.  this was on top of my ER copay ($500 at the time; I now have a deductible), an immobilizer not covered by my insurance, a copay for a scrip for pain meds (Tylenol Codeine maybe), and copays for two follow-up visits.  I ended up paying about $750 out of pocket, so I was grateful that the ambulance was covered.  Plenty of other people aren’t so lucky.

• Upvote 7

7 hours ago, catlady said:

I might live in your region.  The last time I rode in an ambulance, it cost a little over $1,200 to go 3.1 miles.  I had a dislocated knee, they gave me an IV pain med (I no longer remember what it was), and they dropped me off at the ER.  My insurance covered it, but they sent a check made out to me for the amount of the bill that I had to forward to the ambulance company.  this was on top of my ER copay ($500 at the time; I now have a deductible), an immobilizer not covered by my insurance, a copay for a scrip for pain meds (Tylenol Codeine maybe), and copays for two follow-up visits.  I ended up paying about $750 out of pocket, so I was grateful that the ambulance was covered.  Plenty of other people aren’t so lucky.

Yeah @catlady I'm pretty sure we figured out that we are one town away from each other actually! 

Yeah when I worked for the ambulance company I can't tell you how many times people would get that check in the mail and keep it (I totally get how tempting that is but obviously it's fraud lol) but yeah, ambulance rides are RIDICULOUSLY expensive.

• Upvote 3

On 2/20/2020 at 5:20 PM, Melissa1977 said:

I know several families who go to chiropractic to help with babies colics or because babies were born with forceps etc. The babies are supposed to cry less after the chiropractic sessions. I know it's not medical science, but I assume pediatric chiropractic uses different techniques than the ones used in adults. 

Anyway, pointing that it was a hairy manly hand is a bit sexist, isn't it? A soft female hand is not worse/not better for healing a baby. If the hairy hand was from a surgeon, it would have been considered right, no matter the size of the baby.

The unproven treatment is touted as a method to relieve colic, digestive issues, ear infections and sleeping troubles in infants.

But Royal Australian College of General Practitioners president Harry Nespolon said it was unnecessary and unacceptable.

“There is absolutely no evidence that it helps with things like colic or to settle babies,” Dr Nespolon said on Wednesday.

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/state/vic/2019/02/20/chiropractor-baby-video/

The Royal Australian College of Physicians and the Australian Medical Association also cautioned against the practice.

“The whole concept of spinal manipulation in infants is a dangerous one,” AMA Victorian president Julian Rait said.

“This is a potentially risky thing to do and yet there’s no evidence of any benefits.”

Associate Professor Rait said previous studies showed there could be adverse impacts, including paraplegia and bleeding on the brain.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 2

9 hours ago, mollysmom said:

Yeah when I worked for the ambulance company I can't tell you how many times people would get that check in the mail and keep it (I totally get how tempting that is but obviously it's fraud lol) but yeah, ambulance rides are RIDICULOUSLY expensive.

I remember thinking that when it arrived, that anyone with a past-due light bill or something would think “maybe I’ll pay the utilities now and the ambulance later.”  What a terrible and old-fashioned system.

• Upvote 4

Ok BEC but does Carlin ever take a photo with her mouth closed. Every photo can’t be “surprise” happiness mouth agape. I should shut up I have not seen that (in my opinion) stupid duck face pout she does. I don’t get it. She is a pretty girl. I don’t get the weird faces. Unless she is kind of like when Miley Cyrus said she didn’t know what to do in front of cameras anymore and that’s why she stuck her tongue out all the time... her go to poses... 

BEC and judgey she is a pretty girl some relaxed happy face would be stunning  

unfortunately Carlin irrationally irritates me.... 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Ok BEC but does Carlin ever take a photo with her mouth closed. Every photo can’t be “surprise” happiness mouth agape. I should shut up I have not seen that (in my opinion) stupid duck face pout she does. I don’t get it. She is a pretty girl. I don’t get the weird faces. Unless she is kind of like when Miley Cyrus said she didn’t know what to do in front of cameras anymore and that’s why she stuck her tongue out all the time... her go to poses... 

I was wondering that just the other day. It seems like every picture of her is with her mouth agape. BEC and it’s dumb, I know. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

On 5/26/2020 at 10:00 PM, princessmahina said:

I was wondering that just the other day. It seems like every picture of her is with her mouth agape. BEC and it’s dumb, I know. 

At least she (mostly) stopped smiling and pressing her tongue to the back of her teeth (or somehow bunching it up?!?). That was a weird look. Oh, and the horrid duck face.

Maybe she'll move onto a new strange face phase soon.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

On 5/14/2020 at 10:23 AM, SassyPants said:

I am not referring to “healthy” babies. This baby has had multiple interfaces with the health care system and her parents  would certainly meet the criteria for cardiac teaching which would include basic infant and child CPR. Having worked in several nicus for many decades, I know this is standard. 

Perhaps CPR classes are difficult/impossible since this planet started having, you know, a pandemic.

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Perhaps CPR classes are difficult/impossible since this planet started having, you know, a pandemic.

sad but highly likely, might be on hold for awhile. I hope they can at least redirect people to youtube tutorials (I assume there is some). I have to have my first aid for work. I think in a panic my training would kick in with the help and guidance of someone calmer than me on the emergency line guiding me and keeping me  at pace. my biggest thing is that it initial was 12 compression  to now its like 30 compression or something to two breaths 30 something years of learning one way is hard to forget. But hey I don't think the 12 will hurt in an emergency situation. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

On 5/26/2020 at 3:41 AM, AussieKrissy said:

Jill Duggar did it too. Maybe this will lead to Carlin putting her kids in real school too. (Don’t pop my bubble I’ve been down the Myka rabbit hole) 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

On 5/18/2020 at 3:31 AM, Melissa1977 said:

I think you and @just_ordinary wrote a very important idea. People in shock are often blocked.

In the late 1980s, I used to be a 9-1-1 dispatcher. I can't tell you how many people couldn't tell me their address  and phone number (we always had to ask because that info doesn't always populate correctly). The chief actually went on the local TV stations to ask people to tape a small card to their phone with their address and phone number so they would have them in an emergency. This was before cell phones were common and most people would call from their landline.

A side note. I remember a call recording we had to review when I was in certification training. The caller was a small (I think five year old) boy. He called 9-1-1 because his mom didn't come and wake him up. He went to find her and she was in bed and wouldn't move. He told the call taker that she felt really cold, so he put his blanket on her. That kid was able to give his name, his mom's name, his address and landmarks near his address. He kept asking the call taker if there was some other way to wake up mommy.  He also asked if he should go find another blanket. When EMS and the police got there,  she was dead. That little boy stayed way calmer than most adults. It was really impressive.

On 5/27/2020 at 6:19 PM, HereticHick said:

The Red Cross is offering online CPR training that would at least be something until  in-person could be done. They also have written instructions that could be a stopgap until formal training could be taken.

Edited by GreyhoundFan
  • Upvote 5
  • Sad 8
  • Love 10

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

In the late 1980s, I used to be a 9-1-1 dispatcher. I can't tell you how many people couldn't tell me their address  and phone number (we always had to ask because that info doesn't always populate correctly). The chief actually went on the local TV stations to ask people to tape a small card to their phone with their address and phone number so they would have them in an emergency. This was before cell phones were common and most people would call from their landline.

A side note. I remember a call recording we had to review when I was in certification training. The caller was a small (I think five year old) boy. He called 9-1-1 because his mom didn't come and wake him up. He went to find her and she was in bed and wouldn't move. He told the call taker that she felt really cold, so he put his blanket on her. That kid was able to give his name, his mom's name, his address and landmarks near his address. He kept asking the call taker if there was some other way to wake up mommy.  He also asked if he should go find another blanket. When EMS and the police got there,  she was dead. That little boy stayed way calmer than most adults. It was really impressive.

The Red Cross is offering online CPR training that would at least be something until  in-person could be done. They also have written instructions that could be a stopgap until formal training could be taken.

Oh Lordy. I’m all  menopausal and that story made made me cry. What a credit to him that he was so bright and articulate. His Mumma would have been so proud. 
have you heard the beautiful little British girl recording that did the social media rounds.  Her mother fell down “with the Baby” took the dispatcher awhile to figure out that the Mum was pregnant and not holding said baby. That recording makes me cry too. She did amazing. Luckily her Mumma and baby were ok in the end. I think she got a bravery award 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 12

Per Carlin's IG, the Stewarts are off on a vacation to...somewhere. They were flying likely in Nathan's plane with Baby Layla in tow wearing noise canceling headphones.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 5

Well if anyone’s earned a vacation, it’s them ? 

(Am I annoyed that they’re going on a vacation right now, or that I’m not? ?)

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

Because in the middle of a pandemic, all parents of a medically-complex baby need to go on vacation?

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, EmiSue said:

Because in the middle of a pandemic, all parents of a medically-complex baby need to go on vacation?

And all the idiots on IG defending the decision and telling nay sayers to MTOB. I just can’t with these idiots.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

32 minutes ago, llucie said:

Only surprising part is that they are bringing the baby to their wedding anniversary trip. 

If she’s exclusively breastfeeding then they have to take her basically everywhere. 

• Upvote 5

Carlin published a new vlog. The family did a gathering at the big house in memorial day, i didnt spot a camera but it was probably recorded for the tvshow. What i did spot was a blonde girl that is not a family member, wonder who she is.

• Upvote 4

Arseholes selfish vacuous dangerous idiots. 

I'm so angry I really can't speak which is unusual. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic