IGNORED

Carlin, Evan, and Layla Rae 7: Grifter in Utero

GreyhoundFan

Could the Stewart’s get anymore self absorbed? Vacation while there’s a pandemic? Dumb and selfish. Vacation with a medically complex baby? Stupid. Vacation with a medically complex baby during a pandemic? So dumb and selfish, to the point we need new adjectives to describe it. 

• Upvote 31
  • Love 1

So it’s not only Carlin and Evan who are on vacation. A whole bunch of Bateses are at the beach in Florida. Alyssa posted a video and I spotted Gil, Jackson, Warden, Isaiah, Nathan, Addallee, and either Judson or Jeb. 

these people ?

• Upvote 8
  • WTF 3
  • Thank You 1

Alyssa is high risk with her heart condition. FFS is one of the requirements for being quasi-baptist throwing common sense out the window? 

• Upvote 15
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, grandmadugger said:

Alyssa is high risk with her heart condition. FFS is one of the requirements for being quasi-baptist throwing common sense out the window? 

Bates are nuts doing that vacation. But as far as we know, Alyssa is supposed to be healed. They say she has not a heart condition anymore, surgery solved the problem. I'm sure a pregnancy announcement is coming soon. 

But, heart condition or not, that vacation puts in risk all of them.

• Upvote 9

12 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

So it’s not only Carlin and Evan who are on vacation. A whole bunch of Bateses are at the beach in Florida. Alyssa posted a video and I spotted Gil, Jackson, Warden, Isaiah, Nathan, Addallee, and either Judson or Jeb. 

these people ?

How very pro-life of them... oh wait, they're all just pro-fetus and screw the rest.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3

8 minutes ago, squiddysquid said:

How very pro-life of them... oh wait, they're all just pro-fetus and screw the rest.

Yes pro life until its an actual living breathing human- then screw them! 

• Upvote 13

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2020 at 10:21 PM, grandmadugger said:

Could the Stewart’s get anymore self absorbed? Vacation while there’s a pandemic? Dumb and selfish. Vacation with a medically complex baby? Stupid. Vacation with a medically complex baby during a pandemic? So dumb and selfish, to the point we need new adjectives to describe it. 

What condition does Layla have that makes her medically complex?  Just wondering what I missed, I only saw that she had jaundice after birth which is fairly common.  Not saying I agree with the vacation.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, fundiefollower said:

What condition does Layla have that makes her medically complex?  Just wondering what I missed, I only saw that she had jaundice after birth which is fairly common.  Not saying I agree with the vacation.

She has some issue (structural, I think) with her heart and is being followed by a pediatric cardiologist. She also has had 2 (IIRC) incidents of apnea and turning blue at home, one of which necessitated a 911 call.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 2

10 minutes ago, fundiefollower said:

She has a hole in her heart and has had breathing issues in the past.  She's also on medication for infant/acid reflux. The heart issue should hopefully resolve on its own, but I would think that a history of breathing issues would be enough to avoid any potential COVID exposure. :bangheaddesk:

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 3

44 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

She has some issue (structural, I think) with her heart and is being followed by a pediatric cardiologist. She also has had 2 (IIRC) incidents of apnea and turning blue at home, one of which necessitated a 911 call.

Thanks!!  I don't follow all of the Bates real closely so I had missed that.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Lazy Sunday morning in bed feeling extra Bec 

spit your chewy before photos. 

FCDA8D5F-DEDD-4A6C-AE83-5848F7BB16E2.jpeg

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2

Abbie and Carlin hanging out is so bizarre to me. I guess once you're a fundie wife and mother, that really is your whole identity, because I really can't imagine them having that much in common outside of that. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, llg1234 said:

Abbie and Carlin hanging out is so bizarre to me. I guess once you're a fundie wife and mother, that really is your whole identity, because I really can't imagine them having that much in common outside of that. 

JD is close with the family and their babies are only a few weeks apart which is probably the reason for that particular picture.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2

18 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

JD is close with the family and their babies are only a few weeks apart which is probably the reason for that particular picture.

You mean the Bates in general? Because I don’t see him being close to Carlin (never seemed to connect in any way) and I have never seen any indication that he and Evan hit it off at any point. And even if, it’s Abby and Carlin in the picture not JD or Evan. 
It doesn’t look like a snapshot that just happens while meeting in a bigger group (which I would understand) but like a purposefully staged shot. I don’t get taking a photo like that if it isn’t the people in the shot that like each other (not being friendly if you meet up randomly at events). What’s the point of a picture like this? But I am like and I know most wouldn’t bat an eye that so don’t mind my ramblings....

• Upvote 8

@just_ordinary yes, I was saying he’s close with the family. If they’re visiting with Gil and Kelly  and Carlin happened to be there then I can see them taking a picture like that.

• Upvote 3

On 6/27/2020 at 7:18 PM, AussieKrissy said:

Lazy Sunday morning in bed feeling extra Bec 

spit your chewy before photos. 

FCDA8D5F-DEDD-4A6C-AE83-5848F7BB16E2.jpeg

The chewing gum!!!! Like... I know it is BEC but it disgusts me and looks so bad.

I did a lot of theatre in HS, and we were always asked to throw out our gum before rehearsal. And one point, our poor teacher had a hard time with us unruly teens who didn't want to listen. So he actually filmed us doing a scene with our chewing gum and showed it to us at the next rehearsal. It really looks like a darn animal chewing on some grass. Not elegant. Since then I have actually opted for mints to freshen my breaths. And if you want to chew some gum, at least not when you know you'll be taken pictures. ?

• Upvote 5

We've heard about Jim Bob's storied halitosis yet I've never noticed gum in his mouth. Jana seems to often have a wad, but Erin is by far the worst of on-camera gum chewers. I just assumed those who chew on camera have especially horrible breath problems. It seems the producers could say "No gum during filming!" That might not be real, but most everything is scripted to some degree on these programs anyway. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Bobology said:

We've heard about Jim Bob's storied halitosis yet I've never noticed gum in his mouth. Jana seems to often have a wad, but Erin is by far the worst of on-camera gum chewers. I just assumed those who chew on camera have especially horrible breath problems. It seems the producers could say "No gum during filming!" That might not be real, but most everything is scripted to some degree on these programs anyway. 

Some people just do it as a habit.  I have a sister who chews gum (silently so it's not something you'd notice ordinarily) just because she likes it.  I don't chew gum, ever....but I don't associate it with bad breath.

• Upvote 7

I'm a gum chewer (and try not to chew like a cow).  It keeps me from eating/grazing all the time.  So, not related to breath.

• Upvote 7

On 6/30/2020 at 8:20 PM, clueliss said:

I'm a gum chewer (and try not to chew like a cow).  It keeps me from eating/grazing all the time.  So, not related to breath.

Second that. I do it to keep myself from constantly snacking. Fundie women are definitely not exempt from the pressure of keeping your weight/losing weight. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SorenaJ said:

Second that. I do it to keep myself from constantly snacking. Fundie women are definitely not exempt from the pressure of keeping your weight/losing weight. 

I thought I read somewhere they chew because they were on tank water that was not fluoride. The older kids have better teeth because they lived with fluoride when younger and the younger kids are rank or spring feed water. 

• Upvote 2

I can't stand the sound of gum chewing and notice it instantly. The one on the show that stands out to me is Bobby when Tori was giving birth. He chewed the crap out of that gum, as did Erin. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

I can't stand the sound of gum chewing and notice it instantly. The one on the show that stands out to me is Bobby when Tori was giving birth. He chewed the crap out of that gum, as did Erin. 

Reminds me of the story one of my neighbors told me about when she was giving birth to her first child.  As the time for approached for her to start pushing, her husband started eating salt and vinegar potato chips.  She knew he tended to use snacks to calm himself during tense or exciting times, but she didn't think he'd do it right then.  

First, she realized the crackling sound of him reaching into the bag of chips started to bother her, but she didn't say anything.  She figured that as the delivery progressed he'd stop snacking as much and she'd be too focused to care.  Then when he got close to her face his breath bothered her.  She tried to turn her head away but that didn't work.  When she was told it was time to start pushing she told her husband to stop eating chips and just hold her hand.  

During pushing, she became aware that he'd switched out the chips for some Bazooka bubble gum.  So there she was pushing and taking a deep breath and pushing some more, as her excited husband thought he'd helpfully get right in her face and encourage her.  She found the large wad of fluorescent pink gum in his mouth and the strong scent of the gum made her nauseous.  Suddenly she couldn't take it anymore and grabbed his shirt and pulled him down to within an inch of her face.

"I'm trying to have a baby!  It's hard work!  Stop chewing that gum and don't breath on my face!  It's making me sick!"  She was aware that everyone in the room was startled, but she didn't have time to think about that, she just needed to be able to focus on having that baby.  Her husband swallowed the gum and took a swig of water and rinsed his mouth.  For the rest of the delivery he held her hand with one hand and swished out his mouth with a bottle of water held in his other hand.

When it was over, they had a healthy daughter.  For her, the incident became a funny story.  For him, it became a story of the amazing power of a laboring woman to scare the crap out of anyone who got in the way during a delivery, and advice to anyone attending to watch for signs they were stressing the mother and avoid it at all costs.

• Upvote 14

Carlin’s Instastory shows that she and Evan are visiting Joy and Austin. Not sure if Layla is with them. 

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Carlin’s Instastory shows that she and Evan are visiting Joy and Austin. Not sure if Layla is with them. 

Who’s the other guy with them and what movie are they watching?

• Upvote 4

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic