IGNORED

The Worst Thing About Lina

pomology

Ugh. There is very little about Lina that doesn't make me want to scream, but her loyal followers just about make me rip my hair out. Not only is Lina out there preaching bullshit, BUT people are actually listening to her!

One commenter on the Yom Kippur post said "This brought to mind our two sons and their first Yom Kippur time. They love the apples and honey. They would ask me, over and over, if they could have Yom Kippur every week so they could have the apples and honey."

Um. What the ever loving fuck? Stop mangling Judaism.

Are Christians even allowed to utter the word Judaism? Reason I ask is, that quoted reply was mine and you need to calm down. We studied it as part of our Savior's history. He was a Jew. Deal with it. He was. Most of you know that. So what is the big deal if we study it in our school day so they know the history behind so many things we read in the Bible? It's not the horrible thing you might seem. It's people respecting the Jewish faith because their Savior was Jewish and they want to teach their children a few pieces here and there about the faith, just like we do with hundreds of other points in history (secular and religious).

It is fine to honor your Jesus by doing Jewish stuff. You made a mistake that was funny to us (Yom Kippur=fast, Rosh Hashanah=apples/honey). Imagine if someone decided to honor Christianity by dying eggs at Pentecost. It would be funny. Not even in a mean way, just funny.

You aren't pretending to be Jewish or planning an illicit conversion as fas as I know, so calm down. :) And, please, stop encouraging Lina. What she is doing is wrong, and even she knows it.

I am posting on things I find interesting. I find her interesting. I know many Messianic Jews but don't know their faith on a deeper level. I am actually learning alot about Judaism from the banter back and forth on her blog. I find something I didn't know, and go research it.

And, you are right, it was Rosh Hashanah. I got my units messed up. It was 2 years ago and we haven't been back. I was posting on the fly. As for the egg, wouldn't care one bit, really. I don't care how people celebrate their personal faith in that way. I read blogs in interest, but don't comment on how people practice their faith, pro or con.

Are Christians even allowed to utter the word Judaism? Reason I ask is, that quoted reply was mine and you need to calm down. We studied it as part of our Savior's history. He was a Jew. Deal with it. He was. Most of you know that. So what is the big deal if we study is in our school day so they know the history behind so many things we read in the Bible? It's not the horrible thing you might seem. It's people respecting the Jewish faith because their Savior was Jewish and they want to teach their children a few pieces here and there about the faith, just like we do with hundreds of other points in history (secular and religious).

Of course Christians are allowed to utter the word Judaism. But apples and honey have absolutely nothing to do with Yom Kippur (except that Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur are both the High Holy Days) and saying you wish that Yom Kippur could happen all year round because of apples and honey is a total ignorant misunderstanding of the holiest day of the Jewish year.

I know Jesus was a Jew, but the Judaism that Jesus knew was not the Judaism that's practiced today. Deal with it. It wasn't.

Most "Torah believing" Christians (including Lina) have a funny way of showing respect.

How does eating apples and honey to ostensibly celebrate a fast day show you the history of the Bible?

It is fine to honor your Jesus by doing Jewish stuff. You made a mistake that was funny to us (Yom Kippur=fast, Rosh Hashanah=apples/honey). Imagine if someone decided to honor Christianity by dying eggs at Pentecost. It would be funny. Not even in a mean way, just funny.

You aren't pretending to be Jewish or planning an illicit conversion as fas as I know, so calm down. :) And, please, stop encouraging Lina. What she is doing is wrong, and even she knows it.

That's true. I'm sorry "Just For A Minute". I should not have assumed you were a Torah Observant Christian. I did and I was wrong to do that.

How does learning about holy days help us understand the Bible? You have got to be kidding? Do you know what the "last supper" was with His disciples? Passover meal. It was more than just "pass the gravy, Judas". There is deep meaning in things He did. We learn. I made a simple mistake. I have corrected that aspect of it. I didn't wish for the holiday all year, my small sons did. Give THEM a break. They were little.

I know many Messianic Jews but don't know their faith on a deeper level. I am actually learning alot about Judaism from the banter back and forth on her blog.

Pardon? You are a Christian, yes? Messianic Jews are Christian. Not Jews. Christian. So if are saying you don't know "their faith" (Christianity) why not, I dunno, talk to a Christian pastor and not some dim-wit 20 year old girl. You aren't learning jack about Judaism. You are learning the ridiculous, imaginary, pick-your-own religion version of Judaism. Why not learn from actual Jews? Not pretend Jews. Call a rabbi. Visit a temple. Don't follow Lina's blog and think you are learning anything about anything other than the distorted cobwebby disaster that is Lina's brain.

How does learning about holy days help us understand the Bible? You have got to be kidding? Do you know what the "last supper" was with His disciples? Passover meal. It was more than just "pass the gravy, Judas". There is deep meaning in things He did. We learn. I made a simple mistake. I have corrected that aspect of it. I didn't wish for the holiday all year, my small sons did. Give THEM a break. They were little.

I didn't ask you how learning about holy days helped you understand the Bible, you moron. I asked how learning about how post-Biblical Jewish traditions that Jesus would have never followed helped you understand the Bible.

Fine. You messed up Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur. Next time I mix up Ash Wednesday and Easter, I'm sure you'll be understanding. If your sons wished for Rosh Hashanah all year round then whatever. But if they wished for Yom Kippur all year round, you did a terrible job of educating them about it.

Nope, wouldn't bother me one single bit. Why would it? It has no personal stake in my religious practices. But, I can see an honest discussion isn't welcome, only mudslinging, hateful names, and rude posts are. Since I don't do that, goodbye. You aren't proving yourselves to actually be open. Your actions show very closed minded people that just desire to make fun of and hate anyone not like you. Sorry we aren't all like you. It's a big world, not that fun to be adults sitting around making fun of others.

So, have at it with my post. I won't be here to care what's written. Sigh. And you call them these ridiculous names...

Guest Anonymous
Nope, wouldn't bother me one single bit. Why would it? It has no personal stake in my religious practices. But, I can see an honest discussion isn't welcome, only mudslinging, hateful names, and rude posts are. Since I don't do that, goodbye. You aren't proving yourselves to actually be open. Your actions show very closed minded people that just desire to make fun of and hate anyone not like you. Sorry we aren't all like you. It's a big world, not that fun to be adults sitting around making fun of others.

So, have at it with my post. I won't be here to care what's written. Sigh. And you call them these ridiculous names...

Hi! Did you happen to READ THE FUCKING RULES before you registered? Like, this bit, for example:

By joining this board, you acknowledge that people here will use VERY BAD LANGUAGE and possibly express opinions derogatory towards certain fringe groups. You are fully aware that most of us are making fun of the freaks and fruitcakes that drop litters of children. You are here because you're fascinated by the societal currents that give rise to these whackjobs. If you ARE one of these whackjobs, be aware of what you're stepping into and stop crying.

No? Too much trouble for you? Kind of like remembering the difference between Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur I guess. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

2py3ifl.jpg

I'm not saying it would bother you. I'm just saying that mixing up holidays that are related but totally different doesn't exactly lead to the most clear communications.

I'm sorry I don't have patience with people who treat the traditions of my ancestors like a toy. Funny thing, my great grandmother witnessed a pogrom when she was five and my grandmother's aunts and uncles and cousins were murdered for being Jewish. Jews were persecuted across Europe because some Jesus-believer thought it would be fun to say that Jews baked little Christian children into their matzahs. I can't imagine WHY I have a short fuse for people treating my culture like an accessory.

If you can't take being called "moron" then you aren't going to make it far on the internet.

I'm plenty open minded to many people and many things. Just this summer I went with a Catholic friend to mass and thought that it was lovely. You are just a shallow-minded person who stormed into our corner of the internet in righteous anger spouting off bullshit and that I have no patience for.

If you want to have an honest discussion, I'm happy to have an honest discussion, but not with somebody who can't bother to read what I am saying. I called you a moron because your reading comprehension skills seemed to be lacking. Which is fine. So are mine, sometimes. But you really need to get some thicker skin.

I am posting on things I find interesting. I find her interesting. I know many Messianic Jews but don't know their faith on a deeper level. I am actually learning alot about Judaism from the banter back and forth on her blog. I find something I didn't know, and go research it.

And, you are right, it was Rosh Hashanah. I got my units messed up. It was 2 years ago and we haven't been back. I was posting on the fly. As for the egg, wouldn't care one bit, really. I don't care how people celebrate their personal faith in that way. I read blogs in interest, but don't comment on how people practice their faith, pro or con.

Oh wow, I missed a flame and flounce! Another one who doesn't give a shit about a religious minority's right to define itself and protect itself from encroachment by a religious majority. FYI, beating and killing Jews was a way that many Christians celebrated their "personal faith" at Easter time until fairly recently. Now that it's mostly safe to be a Jew, Christians have decided it might be fun to dress up in jewface and have a minstrel show. If you actually cared about the people you claim to be curious about, why don't you listent to them.

To get this thread back on track to one of my favorite subjects - mocking Lina - I totally LOLed when she wrote "it hasn't rained since Yom Kippur and the day after." Really? Couldn't you have just said "it hasn't rained since Sunday" or "it hasn't rained since the weekend." Of course not, because then she couldn't show off how she doesn't even think in the secular calendar anymore!

To get this thread back on track to one of my favorite subjects - mocking Lina - I totally LOLed when she wrote "it hasn't rained since Yom Kippur and the day after." Really? Couldn't you have just said "it hasn't rained since Sunday" or "it hasn't rained since the weekend." Of course not, because then she couldn't show off how she doesn't even think in the secular calendar anymore!

Right? Who does this?

I haven't slept well since the night of Columbus Day, guys! SEE WHAT I DID THERE? THAT WAS LAST NIGHT. Ahahaha, I am sooooo clever.

Oh Lina. I would say that someday you will learn that the world doesn't revolve around you, but under Taliban Tony's thumb, I don't think you'll see enough of the world to learn that.

As I said before, Lina and TT bother me because they're all "Look at us. We are practicing Judaism. We believe in Jesus and are not from Jewish families but we are still Jewish. We are willing to be deceitful and manipulative in order to be accepted into the Jewish community. We are sooooooooo Jewish. We are sooooooo special. All Jews and Christians in the world throughout the history of time have been wrong, and we are right. We must show them how right we are."

I would feel different if Lina and TT had been "We are Christians but we know Jesus was Jewish so we have decided to study Judaism and maybe incorporate some of the findings into our personal lives. We do not claim to be Jewish or have the mistaken belief that doing these things make us Jewish. We respect the Jewish community and their faith. This is a personal, spiritual matter that we might bring up from time to time. This is not for everybody but it feels right for us."

But what they are doing is not the latter. It's the former. And that's what I hate.

As I said before, Lina and TT bother me because they're all "Look at us. We are practicing Judaism. We believe in Jesus and are not from Jewish families but we are still Jewish. We are willing to be deceitful and manipulative in order to be accepted into the Jewish community. We are sooooooooo Jewish. We are sooooooo special. All Jews and Christians in the world throughout the history of time have been wrong, and we are right. We must show them how right we are."

I would feel different if Lina and TT had been "We are Christians but we know Jesus was Jewish so we have decided to study Judaism and maybe incorporate some of the findings into our personal lives. We do not claim to be Jewish or have the mistaken belief that doing these things make us Jewish. We respect the Jewish community and their faith. This is a personal, spiritual matter that we might bring up from time to time. This is not for everybody but it feels right for us."

But what they are doing is not the latter. It's the former. And that's what I hate.

I find all reckless practicing of post-Jesus Jewish traditions "because Jesus was Jewish" to be highly obnoxious and offensive.

The Dixons don't bother me because they are crazy and make up whatever shit the believe directly from the Bible, mostly not using post-Jesus Jewish traditions. Christians who respectfully explore Jewish traditions don't bother me at all. Christians who get Judaism wrong and totally misconstrue it, especially on Lina's blog, annoy the fuck out of me. I thought our fundie guest was doing that. Turns out she just got Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur mixed up. Understandable and I apologized for that specific thing, but she came in righteously spouting off her feelings and refused to explain herself and I found that annoying.

I find all reckless practicing of post-Jesus Jewish traditions "because Jesus was Jewish" to be highly obnoxious and offensive.

The Dixons don't bother me because they are crazy and make up whatever shit the believe directly from the Bible, mostly not using post-Jesus Jewish traditions. Christians who respectfully explore Jewish traditions don't bother me at all. Christians who get Judaism wrong and totally misconstrue it, especially on Lina's blog, annoy the fuck out of me. I thought our fundie guest was doing that. Turns out she just got Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur mixed up. Understandable and I apologized for that specific thing, but she came in righteously spouting off her feelings and refused to explain herself and I found that annoying.

I actually agree that Christians who study Orthodox Judaism are just fooling themselves if they believe that is what Jesus did. Interesting fact, Lina and the Dixons used to be tight. They kind of influenced her into the whole Messianic world and followed what they follow. Then one day, Lina decided (I suppose) that their brand of Messianic wasn't "Jewish enough" and they had a falling out.

Yes, the Dixons are crazy but I wouldn't say the are outright offensive to the Jewish faith, at least not to the extent of calling themselves Jewish or pretending they are practicing the same things modern Jews are.

What bothers me about Lina is she inhales and exhales with regularity.

And yet, the oxygen doesn't always get to the brain...

LOL @ Miss Yom Kippur 2011. "OMGZ you guyz are soooo mean!1 Just becauz I didn't bother luuking up stuff before I posted on a publik blog!11"

Anyway, I agree with the OP. The fact people are actually listening to her and reading her blog to learn more about Judaism? It's harmful and scary. It's possibly the worst thing about her blog, and there is a long list of bad things about it.

Crazyjewishconvert mentioned on one of her blog posts that Lina's blog was monetized. I always see the same links on her site -- does she actually get paid/kickbacks for each visit to her blog? (I don't know much about monetized blogs except that Nienie has a TON of ads and gets a TON of free swag)

Also -- Is there a reference to the story re the Dixons? Not challenging, just curious.

Just out of curiousity, what is your opinion of the "Christian seder?"

http://www.sheepgate.com/tracts/christianseder.pdf

Basically, it is similar to a Jewish seder for Passover except there is emphasis on Jesus' Last Supper.

I don't know if this is popular amongst Protestant Christians, but is growing in popularity among some of the more modern Catholic parishes. For Catholics, since the Eucharist (Body and Blood of Christ under the appearance of bread and wine) was instituted during the Last Supper, it is an important rememberance and the beginning of our Holy Triduum (Holy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter)

I actually went to one when I was in college. It had the wine, the bitter herbs, singing of Hebrew songs (Dayenu ???). It was an odd experience eating matzah and bitter herbs then going to Holy Thursday Mass.

Edited to add: Full disclosure...I did not care for this ceremony and have not attended one since.

Archived