IGNORED

Still on My Soapbox and Still Pissed!

Conundrum

Yesterday I posted this in another post titled: Do Evangelicals really think Trump is the Messiah?

just don't understand! Why? Why do Christians think he is sent by God? He has lied, cheated, been married multiple times, and it's even rumored he encouraged one of his mistress' to have an abortion. (I have no idea if that is true or not.) He is the LEAST moral man to be elected president but the hardcore Christians love him?! I didn't like Hillary Clinton very much but she was a much better choice than Trump. At least she wouldn't have caged immigrants trying to make a better life for themselves and attempted healthcare to be available to everyone, regardless of ability to pay. 

Sorry for standing on my soapbox. It's 1:30 am, my daughters are at a birthday sleepover and my husband is working. It's just me, my dog, my daughters cat, and my kitten laying in bed. (They were gracious enough to allow me about 25% of my king size bed and half of my pillow.)

ETA: I live across the street from a couple of rental houses. They are always rented to illegal immigrants. (They have volunteered this information, I didn't ask.) Every single one of those families cause not one bit of trouble. Never once have they been anything but polite and considerate. The only problem is I can hear them start their work truck about 5am and it wakes me up sometimes. (That is a joke. They really do wake me up but it's not a problem.) According to Trump they should be caged and deported? Why? For wanting to work? 

Yep, he's a Christian! (Said with mink moo mini no mooextreme sarcasm.)

Edited 18 hours ago by Conundrum

Today, as I was bringing in my trash cans from the curb the wife of the couple caress the street waved to be with the most friendly while and said "hello." Even though they speak broken English and my daughters understand and speak very little Spanish they often invite my girls over to play basketball. My girls are not gifted in athletics but instead of discouraging them, their children attempt to help my daughters understand the game and continue to ask them to play. 

These two immigrant families, illegal by their own words, ( I would never ask because it's simply none of business) have been so gracious to our family and simply want to make a better life for themselves. It angers me that Trump wants to imprison them and their precious and kind minor children! Shouldn't we use those resources to imprison child molesters and sex traffickers; that would benefit and protect Americans a lot more than this so called crime of immigration, in my opinion. 

The more I think about it,the angrier I get because from what I see in my own neighborhood, they are good people just trying to better themselves. I would much prefer illegal immigrants living on my block than child molesters, a drug house, or someone convicted of sex crimes. 

I can't be the only one who thinks this way!

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 4

Ok, look, when somebody is in a country illegally, that is wrong and should not be allowed. Why? Because it is against the law for them to be there. If a society starts disregarding the rule of law, then that is a very slippery slope to be on. 

That said, if the laws are inhumane, don't fit with what the majority of society wants, and aren't in the country's best interests, then the laws should be changed. It's as simple as that. 

It's pretty clear that the immigration laws in America desperately need to be changed. Now, innocent, good willing people who simply want to work and better themselves (which benefits the whole country btw), are being targeted and refused entry into society. That is rather stupid and against what the majority of Americans actually want. And the way this administration is treating them is absolutely abhorrent. 

All these resources being spent on keeping people out, instead of protecting the people actually living in your country, makes any decent human's blood boil. And all of those enriching themselves off this despicable treatment of immigrants is so rage inducing that I sometimes literally scream at my screen when reading about it. 

As for Trump being the Messiah? If anything, he's the anti-christ, if you ask me. Evangelicals believing he's the second coming doesn't surprise me much though. Their religion cult requires them to blindly accept what others are telling them to believe anyway, so why should this be any different? They lack any critical thinking skills and as good sheeple, unthinkingly and without hesitation do what their leaders tell them.

• Upvote 10

3 hours ago, fraurosena said:

As for Trump being the Messiah? If anything, he's the anti-christ, if you ask me. Evangelicals believing he's the second coming doesn't surprise me much though. Their religion cult requires them to blindly accept what others are telling them to believe anyway, so why should this be any different? They lack any critical thinking skills and as good sheeple, unthinkingly and without hesitation do what their leaders tell them.

I can’t link to anything but I thought there were two schools of thought on this 

1 - God works his will through the most imperfect people and we have to agree this “president” fits the bill (but why God would work through him is beyond me)

and/or

2 - This “president” is helping to usher in the second coming/end days. That’s why some of the Christian Right are very big on the helping the Israeli state.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

I think the fundies are good at demonizing people who don't fit into their mold and they see Trump as an ally with power.  If they can believe, on some level, that he's essentially good then they don't have a contradiction with their (so-called) beliefs.  I think it's going to be hard to shake their notions about him as long as they think he's taking action against an enemy.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

On 9/2/2019 at 8:53 AM, Jaamillion said:

I can’t link to anything but I thought there were two schools of thought on this 

1 - God works his will through the most imperfect people and we have to agree this “president” fits the bill (but why God would work through him is beyond me)

(snip)

“But David!”

• Upvote 1