IGNORED

Trump 42: Racist In Chief

GreyhoundFan

2 hours ago, fraurosena said:

It's really hard to keep up with all of the lies and also keeping them straight.

If only he'd said 57, we'd know he got the number from a Heinz bottle, like Iselin in the Manchurian Candidate.

• Upvote 7

Even his Labour Day proclamation is all about 'me, me, me.. and me'.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

39 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Even his Labour Day proclamation is all about 'me, me, me.. and me'.

In the narc universe, everyone else is a bit player.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6

1. There is a Cat. 5 hurricane blasting the US coast.

2. There has been a mass shooting in Odessa.

3. There has been a fire on a ship off the coast of California and 30 people may have died.

So, with all that going on in the country, what do you think Trump is doing? Yep, you guessed it. 

He's golfing.

• Disgust 6
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

3. There has been a fire on a ship off the coast of California and 30 people may have died.

So, with all that going on in the country, what do you think Trump is doing? Yep, you guessed it. 

He's golfing.

Why let a "bigly" disaster get in the way of your golf game?

He may also be out of paper towels and thoughts and prayers.

• Upvote 10

53 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

Sounds like a job for Eric/Fredo-Dumber...picking up paper towels for daddy.

• I Agree 5

1 hour ago, fraurosena said:

He's golfing.

It's Labor Day and he works harder than anybody, ever.  The suffering and destruction can wait.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Audrey2 said:

To be fair, he never had those in the first place...

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, fraurosena said:

He's golfing.

It's a public holiday!  You can't expect the man to work on a public holiday! Or any other day actually but that's beside the point!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1

Lots of discussion on social media about Trump's "obvious" decline and weird state this weekend, but we've been there before: incoherent, rambling speeches, dry mouth and slurred speech, appearing drugged, rumors of Adderall abuse.   When he was first campaigning, everybody worried about his narcissism.  Now people are worrying about dementia.  A lot of people in this country have cared for those with dementia and they know exactly what it looks like. 

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Lots of discussion on social media about Trump's "obvious" decline and weird state this weekend, but we've been there before: incoherent, rambling speeches, dry mouth and slurred speech, appearing drugged, rumors of Adderall abuse.   When he was first campaigning, everybody worried about his narcissism.  Now people are worrying about dementia.  A lot of people in this country have cared for those with dementia and they know exactly what it looks like. 

How much might dementia look like Adderall abuse?

You may have read about Trump attacking Debra Messing over the weekend instead of paying attention to Dorian or Odessa. Here's the tweet that triggered him. 

No wonder he's upset. If his donor's get retribution for giving him money (by being boycotted or shamed) they might stop their financial assistance to his campaign. And if anything will trigger his anxiety, it's when somebody threatens his income source. 

• Upvote 7

7 hours ago, Dandruff said:

How much might dementia look like Adderall abuse?

No idea, since I have no direct experience with either. 

However, in the past, Tom Arnold claimed that Trump snorted crushed Adderall while working on The Apprentice and people have pointed out a type of chronic sniffing going on during some of his speeches.   I googled "does trump abuse adderall" and it returned a slew of articles on the topic. 

Those who have dementia point out speech patterns indicative of cognitive decline, and ever diminishing vocabulary, also indicative of cognitive decline. 

I googled "which of trump's speech patterns point to dementia" and it returned another slew of articles discussing the issue. 

The consensus is that Trump needs to be evaluated by a competent neurologist and not a Doctor Ronny "OMG, he's the healthiest man I've EVER SEEN"  Jackson stand in.  This, of course, will never happen. 

• Upvote 13

Because of course: "Trump encouraged Pence to stay at his golf resort in Ireland"

Spoiler

Vice President Pence’s top aide said Tuesday that Pence and members of his traveling entourage are staying at a golf resort in Ireland owned by President Trump at Trump’s suggestion. But he defended an arrangement that Democrats have criticized as enriching the president, citing logistical concerns.

Marc Short, Pence’s chief of staff, told reporters traveling with Pence aboard Air Force Two that the Trump International Golf Links & Hotel was “the one facility” that could accommodate the size of the delegation traveling with Pence in Doonbeg, a village from which Pence’s family hails. The hotel has 120 rooms.

Short also said that Pence’s last-minute changes to his European tour, due to Hurricane Dorian and Trump’s request for Pence to go in his place to Poland over the weekend, affected the vice president’s itinerary.

“We followed normal protocol for this trip as we do every other trip,” Short said, adding that the State Department had signed off on Pence’s travel plans, and the government had negotiated room rates with the Trump property.

During his taxpayer-funded trip to Ireland, Pence is flying to meetings in Dublin, which is nearly 150 miles away. Asked why Pence chose not to stay in Dublin, Short said that the vice president’s schedule had changed too late to make such a change.

“When the hurricane arose and the president asked the vice president to go to Poland in his stead, our logistical challenge was how do we make that all work?” Short said. “We took the Ireland component that was at the back end of the trip and moved it to the front, because it had already been secured by Secret Service. They had done all the advance work. And the facility, we knew, was safe and protected.”

Asked if Trump had asked Pence to stay at his property in Doonbeg, Short characterized it as “a suggestion.”

“It’s like when we went through the trip, it’s like, ‘Well, he’s going to Doonbeg because that’s where the Pence family is from,’” Short said. “It’s like, ‘Well, you should stay at my place.’”

“It wasn’t like a, ‘You must.’ It wasn’t like, ‘You have to,’” Short said.

Doonbeg reported losing more than $1 million every year from 2014 to 2017, according to Irish corporate records.

In 2018, the course’s revenue rose slightly — up about 2 percent from $14.2 million to $14.5 million, according to Trump’s latest U.S. financial disclosures.

But those disclosures do not show whether the course turned a profit, and the Irish records that would show profit or loss are not yet available.

Democrats have seized on Pence’s stay to suggest that Trump is seeking to enrich himself from government business.

A tweet from the Democratic National Committee on Monday noted that Trump was playing golf at one of his properties in Virginia at the same time Pence was staying at a Trump property in Ireland.

“Your tax dollars: making the Trump family richer,” the tweet said.

Rep. Ted Lieu (D-Calif.) also weighed in with a tweet directed at Pence.

“You took an oath to the Constitution, not to @realDonaldTrump,” Lieu wrote. “Funneling taxpayer money to @POTUS by staying at this Trump resort is sooooooo corrupt.”

Short dismissed Lieu’s criticism, saying that he is “often looking to try to get into you all’s news stories. So I’m not too worried about Ted Lieu’s comments.”

Conservative commentator Bill Kristol, a frequent Trump critic, also criticized the arrangement, suggesting Pence was trying to curry favor with Trump so he would remain on the Republican ticket next year.

“How worried must Pence be about being dumped from the ticket to go these lengths to spend hundreds of thousands of taxpayer dollars at a Trump resort?” Kristol wrote.

Short also told reporters that an advantage to Pence staying at Trump’s golf resort was that Trump had stayed there during his presidency and that the White House is familiar with the property.

“Keep in mind, the Secret Service has protected that facility for him, too, so they sort of know the realities, they know the logistics around that facility,” Short said.

Short told reporters that he thinks this is the first time Pence has stayed at a Trump property.

Pence’s political action committee, the Great America Committee, spent about $87,000 putting on an event at the Trump International Hotel in Washington in January.

Pence has visited Doonbeg before. In 2013, he and his family traveled to the small town, where Hugh McNally, a distant cousin of the vice president, runs Morrissey’s pub.

Pence is scheduled to return to Morrissey’s, also known as Morrissey’s Bar & Restaurant, on Tuesday evening after returning from Dublin. Trump’s sons, Don Jr. and Eric, visited the pub in early June. It is a short drive from the Trump property.

• WTF 5

The presidunce strikes again: "Trump congratulates Poland on its Nazi invasion anniversary"

Spoiler

President Trump is known to make the odd comment here and there about foreign nations, often because he doesn’t seem particularly versed in what’s happening in them. But even by his standards, this was quite a weekend.

Trump was asked Sunday about the trip to Poland he canceled to monitor Hurricane Dorian. Asked if he had a message for that country, which was commemorating the anniversary of the start of World War II, Trump decided to … congratulate it?

Q: Mr. President, do you have a message for Poland on the 80th anniversary of the Second World War?

TRUMP: I do have a great message for Poland. And we have Mike Pence, our Vice President, is just about landing right now. And he is representing me. I look forward to being there soon.

But I just want to congratulate Poland. It’s a great country with great people. We also have many Polish people in our country; it could be 8 million. We love our Polish friends. And I will be there soon.

For those not versed in World War II history, Sunday was the anniversary of the day Nazi Germany invaded Poland, which led France and Great Britain to declare war two days later (i.e. 80 years ago Tuesday). Poland would wind up losing nearly one-fifth of its population in the war, according to estimates.

As such, it was more of a day for somber remembrance than a day of triumph. The German president asked for Poland’s forgiveness, for instance. And Trump’s comment struck a significantly different tone than the man sent to Poland in his stead, Vice President Pence.

“It is difficult for any of us who are not Poles to fathom the horrors that began here 80 years ago, on this day, the first of September 1939,” Pence said solemnly, as The Washington Post’s Robert Costa reported.

Trump was also asked to weigh in on another issue of import in our own hemisphere this weekend: The situation in Colombia, where some of the former leaders of the guerrilla group known as FARC announced a break in a 2016 peace deal, potentially relaunching Latin America’s longest war.

When asked about this, Trump at first didn’t seem to connect the Marxist FARC to Colombia. He then offered what can only be described as his own trademarked brand of boilerplate:

Q: On Colombia, how do you feel about former FARC leader calling to return -- for return to war?

TRUMP: Colombia, you said?

Q: Yeah, on Colombia. Former leader of FARC.

TRUMP: You’re talking about the country of Colombia?

Q: Yeah, the country of Colombia. The --

TRUMP: Yeah. No, we have a great relationship. And they’re not doing badly. They have a problem because of the Venezuela. A lot of people are pouring in. But Colombia -- we’ve had a great relationship with Colombia.

The video in which the former FARC leaders announced the break in the peace deal was posted early Thursday. These comments from Trump came Friday around 6 p.m., meaning he had about a day and a half to be briefed in the situation. It appears either that he didn’t get a briefing or that he didn’t really retain any of the information.

Which is pretty much par-for-course for Trump. There are myriad examples of Trump being asked about what’s happening around the world and offering very nonspecific answers. Generally, this will involve 1) congratulating them, 2) talking about how well they are doing, and/or 3) offering a nonspecific talking point about something that has happened in the country (which may or may not pertain to the subject he was asked about, as was the case here with Colombia).

And in fact, he’s done the same thing with FARC before. When Trump welcomed then-Colombian President Juan Manuel Santos to the White House in 2017, he offered congratulations on the peace deal in very broad terms, calling the war with FARC “a long, tough situation.”

“I mean, FARC is — that was a long, tough situation, as you know very well, coming from the country,” Trump said. “But I think the president has done a magnificent job. Not easy. But he’s done a magnificent job.”

While appearing at the United Nations in 2018 with Colombia’s new president, Iván Duque, Trump was asked about FARC and ELN, the National Liberation Army, the country’s most violent rebel group. Trump offered another broad answer before the Colombian president stepped in to field the question:

Q: Are you going to talk about FARC and ELN, the peace process?

TRUMP: Are you asking me that question? We’re going to be talking about everything.

DUQUE: But let me —

TRUMP: We’ll be talking about everything.

DUQUE: Mr. President, if I may take that.

TRUMP: Go ahead.

DUQUE: And this a very important message: ELN is a terrorist group that has been killing Colombian people. They have been introducing kidnappings in the last 17 months while they were negotiating with the past administration. And I have said they have to put an end to all their criminal activities and they have to free all the persons that are kidnapped. Otherwise, there will be no chance for any negotiation with them.

Trump hasn’t met with just Santos and Duque. He also secretly met in 2017 with two former Colombian presidents at Mar-a-Lago — two presidents who happen to be prominent critics of the peace deal Santos struck with FARC -- meaning he’s had multiple opportunities to learn about the FARC “situation.” To date, he hasn’t said anything specific about it.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 8

This man is an embarrassing buffoon.  How the heck is this man in charge of ANYTHING, much less an entire nation?  It's like Ted Baxter (from the old Mary Tyler Moore show) is suddenly President of the US, only Ted didn't have a mean streak a mile wide.  

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, Becky said:

How the heck is this man in charge of ANYTHING, much less an entire nation?

On some levels I see him as just a semi-useful pawn with communication problems.  I suspect that the GOP sees him the same way.  I wonder what their plan is for when he's out of office and still running at the mouth, not yet having forgotten all he heard during his daily briefings.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, Dandruff said:

On some levels I see him as just a semi-useful pawn with communication problems.  I suspect that the GOP sees him the same way.  I wonder what their plan is for when he's out of office and still running at the mouth, not yet having forgotten all he heard during his daily briefings.

I suspect that will be the point he's evaluated by a competent medical practitioner and either moved into a conveniently incommunicado nursing home or needs to be medicated sufficiently that he is incapable of communicating.

Or suffers a stroke. Either way they have options is all I'm saying.

Edited by Ozlsn
Dammit phone!
  • Upvote 7

From Dana Milbank: "Trump’s Dorian response: Par for the course"

Spoiler

The dishonest fakers at the Amazon Washington Post and the failing New York Times are again attacking your favorite president, this time for playing golf while a Category 5 hurricane took aim at the United States. 

Bad people! Everybody knows the best way to prepare for a hurricane is by playing golf.

Beating a Category 5 is nothing if you can birdie a par five (the 590-yard 12th hole on Trump National Golf Club’s Championship Course is “monstrous”). Though recent hurricanes have been some of “the wettest we’ve ever seen, from the standpoint of water,” they are less intimidating after you’ve survived the eighth hole of the Riverview Course: not one but two merciless water hazards blocking your approach.

Hurricanes are best weathered from bunkers, and you can bet Trump spent time in those this weekend with his sand wedge. Think high winds are a threat during hurricanes? They’re even more hazardous to your handicap; it wouldn’t surprise me if, in true emergencies, Trump has resorted to a 2-iron to reduce loft. And not even a meteorologist studies rotation as closely as a golfer; just one slice and all models project you’ll make landfall in the deep rough.

Essentially, Trump was on the fairways doing exactly what we’d want our president to be do during a natural disaster — with a few minor revisions:

The president canceled a trip to Poland for the 80th anniversary of the start of World War II, allowing him to give his undivided attention to Hurricane Dorian play rounds of golf both Saturday and Monday at Trump National Golf Club in Virginia.

In his place, he sent the vice president to Europe to renew the enduring transatlantic bond stay at the Trump International Golf Links and Hotel in Doonbeg, Ireland. The president also delivered a somber message chipper greeting to Poles on the anniversary of the Nazi invasion, recalling the death and suffering of millions of Poles saying: “I just want to congratulate Poland.”

At a briefing before last year’s hurricane season, the president honed a sophisticated knowledge of tropical storms spoke aimlessly about catapults on aircraft carriers. Three other Category 5 storms had already occurred during his presidency, which meant that he was well-prepared to respond to such a storm didn’t stop him on Sunday from declaring, again, that “I’m not sure I’ve ever even heard of a Category 5.”

His director of the Federal Emergency Management Agency and his secretary of homeland security were both seasoned veterans serving in temporary, “acting” capacities, and his head of the Coast Guard provided him storm updates packed with sophisticated government data that “you can pretty much get . . . on television.”

On Friday, when the National Hurricane Center issued a hurricane watch for the Bahamas, the president announced that he would spare no expense in aiding relief efforts “the top shows on @FoxNews and cable ratings are those that are Fair (or great) to your favorite President, me!” He expressed confidence that Florida Mar-a-Lago could withstand the storm. After learning during an intelligence briefing Friday that Iran had an unsuccessful rocket launch, the president coordinated a response with allies trolled Iran by including in a tweet an image that may have revealed covert U.S. activities.

On Saturday, when the hurricane center warned of Dorian’s “life-threatening storm surge and devastating winds,” the president spent the day overseeing emergency preparations attacking former FBI director James Comey, celebrating his success on “The Apprentice,” responding to a now-former aide’s claim that he disapproves of his daughter’s weight (“I love Tiffany, doing great!”) and playing golf. The president had said he would “not have time to play golf in office” has played 213 rounds of golf while in office.

On Sunday, the president, asked about the deteriorating situation in Colombia, appealed for restraint by leftist FARC guerrillas replied: “You’re talking about the country of Colombia?” Following a FEMA briefing on the now “catastrophic” and intensifying Dorian, the president reinforced official warnings unilaterally declared that Alabama, where no storm damage was forecast, would also “most likely be hit (much) harder than anticipated.”

On Monday, as storm warnings widened, the president spent hours on the phone with emergency management officials playing golf again and checking on pre-positioning of relief supplies attacking the AFL-CIO chief, economist Paul Krugman, the “Fake News Media” and four nonwhite congresswomen. 

On Tuesday, the hurricane center said Dorian would soon “move dangerously close” to Florida, then Georgia and the Carolinas; the president prayerfully summoned the nation’s resolve attacked the Federal Reserve, the mayor of London, former president Barack Obama and “the whole Witch Hunt against me.”

And, all across this great land, Americans rallied to the cause wondered: Do hurricanes give mulligans?

• Upvote 5

On 9/3/2019 at 8:50 AM, Howl said:

However, in the past, Tom Arnold claimed that Trump snorted crushed Adderall while working on The Apprentice and people have pointed out a type of chronic sniffing going on during some of his speeches.  

There was a montage of Trump sniffling in one of Seth Meyers’s “A Closer Look” segments.

• Upvote 1

I had to look up the thigg that you can pretty much get on television and he said,

Also, I'd like to introduce Admiral Brown of the U.S. Coast Guard, a highly respected man. We spent two days at Camp David going over a lot of different things having to do with the hurricane.

The Admiral has informed me through all of the different sources that he has -- but you can pretty much get it on television, Admiral -- this is now a Category 5. It seems to be one of the biggest hurricanes we've ever seen. And that's a problem. That's a problem. So I think a lot of -- we have a lot of great -- we have a lot of great people working right now.

https://factba.se/transcript/donald-trump-press-gaggle-marine-one-arrival-september-1-2019

Poor Admiral, he had to spend two days explaining Trump things that everyone else knows from TV.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

Poor Admiral, he had to spend two days explaining Trump things that everyone else knows from TV.

They should have just had him do an interview on Fox & Friends instead. Far less time involved, and El Presidunce is more likely to actually pay attention. 

I don't know if it's Adderall abuse, dementia, or what (both those plus more, I'd guess*) but there's definitely something wrong with him that needs attention. 

*I could come up with a whole list of possible reasons for his mental decline, from plausible (age, past use of recreational drugs catching up - no way he didn't snort cocaine back in the day, at least once in a while - too many meds handed to him to try and keep him manageable or help him sleep) to conspiracy theory-esque (being slowly poisoned by a family member after insurance or inheritance, Russian handlers slipping drugs in his Big Macs, he's been replaced by an android whose battery is slowly wearing down, etc.).

My best guess is the most obvious - he's an old guy with a bad diet and worse temperament, who was shallow and dim to begin with. 

And sadly, there are probably people in Alabama boarding up for the hurricane that's not likely to do any damage there at all.

Aren't our best and brightest supposed to be the ones leading us into the future? Right now it's the meanest and dumbest.

• Upvote 9

Sweet Rufus, he falsified a weather forecast so he won't have to admit he was wrong...

• WTF 5
  • Haha 5

Hello Party People. 

I just want to post verifiable donation links to help the Bahamas for Dorian

HeadKnowles is a verifiable organization operated by and for Bahamians. They have raised funds previously for those affected in by hurricanes in other family islands. It’s an easy way to help from the U.S.

Here’s a link to the GoFundMe: https://www.gofundme.com/f/headknowles-emergency-funds

Also, here’s a trusted local newspaper’s report about them: https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenassauguardian.com/2019/09/03/headknowles-mobilizing-relief-efforts-in-response-to-dorian/%3famp

They also have donation locations if you are in Miami/Ft Lauderdale or Orlando. Last time I checked, tools, sanitary pads, baby formula and unused underwear are in high demand.

Here’s a pic with their drop-off info under the spoiler below:

Spoiler

0FE2EFDD-EA51-4106-A280-875717DAD745.jpeg.95fa8d1e69145a24e5c034462f8e0f84.jpeg

IF YOU’RE IN THE ATLANTA AREA:

The Bahamas General Consulate in Atlanta is accepting donations that can be delivered to: 

2970 Clairmont Rd NE, Suite #290, Atlanta GA, 30329 

Tel: 404 214-0492 

email: info@bahconga.com

They have a Facebook page where they have been compiling a list of supplies. I’m still looking for info regarding the consulate’s locations in Miami. 

BAHAMAS RED CROSS

But please beware! There are those parading on GoFundMe as the Bahamian Red Cross! 

Here’s a link to the official Bahama branch of the Red Cross: https://bahamasredcross.org/

IF YOU’RE IN THE MIAMI/BROWARD AREA:

Here’s a Miami Herald article about how the City of Miami, Miami-Dade County, Broward etc. are helping. 

Many are asking for building supplies, water, first aid kits, baby formula, canned goods, cleaning supplies etc. There are some 16 drop off locations posted by different organizations. 

Link here: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/weather/hurricane/article234637222.html

I feel confident about these resources but PLEASE USE YOUR DISCRETION! 

Thanks so much y’all. I’m not Bahamian but I lived there for several years and consider it a 2nd home! 

Edited by Jinder Roles
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 10
  • Love 2

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic