IGNORED

Trump 42: Racist In Chief

GreyhoundFan

A good one from Dana Milbank: "Why can’t we use nuclear weapons against bedbugs?"

Spoiler

Have you heard the one about the lawbreaker who got pardoned by President Trump?

It’s so funny it’s criminal.

As The Post’s Nick Miroff and Josh Dawsey report, Trump has told his subordinates to seize private land and disregard environmental rules as they build a border wall, offering to pardon them for breaking the law. The White House response? Trump is joking.

Hahahahahahaha. My sides are totally splitting.

That was almost as funny as the time when — stop me if you’ve heard this one — Trump told Russia to hack into Hillary Clinton’s emails. “He was joking,” the White House said.

LOL! ROFLMAO!

So deadpan was Trump’s humor then that the Russians didn’t get the joke; they began acting on Trump’s request within hours, special counsel Robert Mueller found. Now that’s funny.

And who can forget the hilarious time when Trump told law enforcement officers that they should feel free to rough up the people they arrest?

“He was making a joke,” the White House said.

The incorrigible cutup! Even the head of the Drug Enforcement Administration was fooled by the president’s wickedly subtle humor. He issued a statement warning agents not to follow the president’s advice.

Trump’s emergence as a comedic genius is a recent development. Back during the campaign, Trump said he didn’t joke around: “Mexico is going to pay for the wall — believe me,” he said. “Politicians think we’re joking. We don’t joke. This is a movement, and movements don’t joke.”

That made sense, because here’s the funny thing: Trump isn’t very funny. His humor is cutting and coarse, rarely lighthearted. His unsmiling supporters took him “seriously but not literally.”

But apparently we shouldn’t take him seriously, either — because he and his aides have recast a series of ominous statements as jokes that the rest of us just didn’t get:

● Asking then-FBI Director James Comey to end the investigation into former national security adviser Michael Flynn.

● Telling a campaign crowd to take a loyalty pledge to him.

● Threatening to fire then-Health and Human Services Secretary Tom Price.

● Saying “I love WikiLeaks” when it released stolen Democratic emails.

● Saying Democrats who didn’t applaud his State of the Union address were “TREASONOUS.”

● Calling himself the “Chosen One,” among other messianic claims.

● Wishing he were “president for life” or serving another “10 or 14 years.”

● Thanking Russian President Vladimir Putin for expelling U.S. diplomats.

Trump is so dry that even he has difficulty determining when he’s joking. When he says his White House runs well, it’s said “jokingly, but meaning it.” His claim that former president Barack Obama founded the Islamic State is “sarcastic but not that sarcastic.”

Trump’s “joking,” therefore, is less ha-ha funny than his funny little way of blunting the damage when he says something particularly outrageous or is caught in a lie.

Now comes Axios’s report that Trump has asked aides about the efficacy of dropping nuclear bombs on hurricanes. This one has the virtue of actually sounding like a joke.

So far, Trump denies it, but with such frequent, frantic and doth-protest-too-much denials (“The media in our Country is totally out of control!” he tweeted Tuesday night) that the report is almost certainly true.

In public and in private, Trump has long raised questions about the point of stockpiling nuclear weapons if you never use them. The real question is why he didn’t come out with a hurricane-nuking plan earlier. It fits perfectly with his strategic thinking in its thorough lack of regard for consequences or collateral damage.

Trump isn’t fooling anyone, so he might as well take ownership of the nukes-you-can-use position. There are many ways to get more bang for the buck from our nuclear arsenal. All it takes is some out-of-the-silo thinking by the commander in chief.

After dropping one in the eye of Hurricane Dorian, he could use another one to deforest the Amazon, thereby eliminating the threat of future forest fires. A string of nuclear explosions along the southern border would prove a more effective deterrent than a wall. Nuclear fallout would swiftly eliminate the alleged bedbug infestation at Trump’s Doral club in Florida. Nuking Greenland would likely bring down the purchase price.

There’s hardly a problem Trump couldn’t eliminate with a controlled nuclear detonation. He could nuke his tax returns, nuke the Fed, nuke Obamacare, nuke the federal debt, nuke 40 pounds of body fat, nuke rare steaks, nuke opioid stockpiles, nuke measles outbreaks, nuke Democratic precincts and nuke the leech with three jaws and 59 teeth just discovered in Washington.

In the unlikely event anything were to go awry, Trump has a well-tested excuse for pressing the button: I was just joking.

• Upvote 6

Ah, the old “It’s not my fault you can’t take a joke” defense. :bangheaddesk:

• Upvote 5

I think it just might be a good thing that he's a do nothing lazy-pants liar who spends his days watching telly and tweeting -- and golfing every other day. Imagine the damage he could do if he actually started working...

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6

31 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

I think it just might be a good thing that he's a do nothing lazy-pants liar who spends his days watching telly and tweeting -- and golfing every other day. Imagine the damage he could do if he actually started working...

I agree. Now if the same could only be said about Stephen Miller...

• I Agree 7

I have not seen this discussed yet: a lot of immigrant families with a child that suffers from a lifethreatening illness, have gotten letters from USCIS that their permission to stay so that their familymember can continue lifesaving treatment has rescinded and that they have 33 days to leave the country. 

I can't figure out how to place a link. I first saw this reported by Rachel Maddow of MSNBC.

This new policy was not publicly announced. 

One mother told reporters she felt like she received her son's deathsentence.

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 3
  • Sad 3
  • WTF 4

I was browsing The Guardian’s website (national newspaper) and found this. It’s a list of all the people who have committed or threatened violent acts in the name of Trump.

It makes for pretty horrific reading.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/ng-interactive/2019/aug/28/in-the-name-of-trump-supporters-attacks-database

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 1
  • Thank You 4

17 hours ago, fraurosena said:

He only succeeds at looking like the petulant child that he is, and the 'I don't want to be here' vibe is just oozing out of him.

I doubt the other attendees wanted him there either, yet they managed to look pleasant.

• I Agree 5

12 hours ago, Sis Robto said:

I have not seen this discussed yet: a lot of immigrant families with a child that suffers from a lifethreatening illness, have gotten letters from USCIS that their permission to stay so that their familymember can continue lifesaving treatment has rescinded and that they have 33 days to leave the country. 

I can't figure out how to place a link. I first saw this reported by Rachel Maddow of MSNBC.

This new policy was not publicly announced. 

One mother told reporters she felt like she received her son's deathsentence.

It's the absolute casual cruelty that is getting to me. The complete lack of empathy, of compassion, of anything approaching humane treatment. It's not just this, it's the Biloea family, Manus, Nauru, the Border camps, the family separations, everything. Fuck these fascist arseholes making these decisions, and fuck the fascist arseholes "just following orders".

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 8

Another thing that kills me, the people who so strongly support the idea of these border camps in the policies like those who are mentioned above are the very ones claim to be the strongest pro-life anti-abortion people. I can't reconcile being pro-life with being okay to cut off vital medical treatment to these immigrants.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

Another one bites the dust: "Trump’s executive assistant resigns from White House"

Spoiler

President Donald Trump’s longtime executive assistant, Madeleine Westerhout, abruptly resigned from the White House on Thursday, after coming under scrutiny for sharing intimate details about the president’s family with reporters, according to two sources familiar with the move.

In the past six months, Westerhout had tried to expand the boundaries of her job to encompass a broader set of tasks and to include foreign travel, said one adviser close to the White House, who suggested Westerhout had tried to act like a de facto chief of staff. This irked several White House officials and Cabinet secretaries who thought she should stick to her primary task of serving as the president’s personal secretary with a desk just outside the Oval Office.

Westerhout didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment. The New York Times first reported her departure.

The White House was buzzing for most of the day on Thursday about her potential departure — especially after officials learned that she had attended an off-the-record dinner with reporters in Bedminster, N.J., where she was said to have shared overly personal details about the president’s life.

The close White House adviser called this “the final straw” for someone who did not have many allies left in the building.

Many Trump 2016 campaign officials had always been wary of Westerhout, who joined the Trump transition from the Republican National Committee and was not an original Trump loyalist.

• Upvote 4

I wouldn't wish a storm surge of this magnitude on any coastal residents, but the thought of Mar-a-Loco flooded is delicious. 

• Upvote 9

8 minutes ago, Howl said:

I wouldn't wish a storm surge of this magnitude on any coastal residents, but the thought of Mar-a-Loco flooded is delicious. 

The only thing is, if Mar-A-Lago does get hit like that, I'm sure that we will be on the hook for ridiculous renovations and upgrades, not just the ones necessary to make it habitable again. Trump would probably look for something even more ostentatious, ridiculous, and tacky, like real gold leaf put on the walls instead of wallpaper or something like that.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

He'd probably order the Army Corps of Engineers to repair and upgrade Mar-a-Loco.

• I Agree 7

Trump is vile.  I need some humor to keep sane.

I can't think of where else to put this (and not sure whether it has been posted here yet) but it bears watching again if it has.  Sing along everybody.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 3

6 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Another one bites the dust: "Trump’s executive assistant resigns from White House"

Hide contents

President Donald Trump’s longtime executive assistant, Madeleine Westerhout, abruptly resigned from the White House on Thursday, after coming under scrutiny for sharing intimate details about the president’s family with reporters, according to two sources familiar with the move.

In the past six months, Westerhout had tried to expand the boundaries of her job to encompass a broader set of tasks and to include foreign travel, said one adviser close to the White House, who suggested Westerhout had tried to act like a de facto chief of staff. This irked several White House officials and Cabinet secretaries who thought she should stick to her primary task of serving as the president’s personal secretary with a desk just outside the Oval Office.

Westerhout didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment. The New York Times first reported her departure.

The White House was buzzing for most of the day on Thursday about her potential departure — especially after officials learned that she had attended an off-the-record dinner with reporters in Bedminster, N.J., where she was said to have shared overly personal details about the president’s life.

The close White House adviser called this “the final straw” for someone who did not have many allies left in the building.

Many Trump 2016 campaign officials had always been wary of Westerhout, who joined the Trump transition from the Republican National Committee and was not an original Trump loyalist.

Who?

How absurd that her name (Dutch origin btw) doesn’t even ring a bell...

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

Trump is vile.  I need some humor to keep sane.

I can't think of where else to put this (and not sure whether it has been posted here yet) but it bears watching again if it has.  Sing along everybody.

I can’t see Randy Rainbow often enough, even though I posted this in the cartoons, memes and shenanigans thread yesterday. So no worries! It wouldn’t be a bad thing if we saw him in every thread here :pb_lol:

• Upvote 6

As kids, we would actually sing “Jesus Christ Superstar, who in the hell do you think you are?”

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, smittykins said:

As kids, we would actually sing “Jesus Christ Superstar, who in the hell do you think you are?”

LOL, so did we.. and I thought that actually were the real lyrics... :my_blush:

• Haha 4

Yikes. That really is an incredible difference!  

And not only is his speech completely different (which is really slow and dragged now compared to almost energizer bunny speed in that earlier clip), but it's also very obvious in his appearance. He used to look upbeat and energetic, now he's old and tired and almost lethargic.

• Upvote 7

Here is my banner ad.

It doesn't allow for negative number ratings. You need to enter your email address to submit the eating. No way! (I accidentally clicked on it yesterday.)

Screenshot_20190831-073942.png

• WTF 5

2 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

Here is my banner ad.

It doesn't allow for negative number ratings. You need to enter your email address to submit the eating. No way! (I accidentally clicked on it yesterday.)

I may have a "friend" who submitted on that ad. That "friend" may have used fuckyourselfgop@nopethanks.com as their email address. Potentially. This friend is TOTALLY not me.

Edited by Destiny
different words
  • Haha 15
  • Love 2

Thank our deer Rufus!

• Upvote 10
  • Love 6

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic