IGNORED

Baby Palooza 2019: Upcoming Babies 14

Bethella

1 minute ago, neurogirl said:

That's why I don't think those are intentional place names. Unless Erin or Chad have some connection to Everly, Iowa, I think they just liked the name. And Carson is really Charles Stephen Paine IV.

It would be more fun if they were named for the Everly Brothers and Johnny Carson. :my_biggrin:

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 6

Kendra Tierney's saltiness over the "late" baby is real. She brags incessantly about how she's a people manager/planner/control freak, and all but one (maybe two?)  of her kids were born precisely on the due date. She somehow views this as a proof of her superior Catholic and mothering skills.

I do love her home and decorating taste. I also really like the flow of her kids' names together. She usually picks uber traditional names, but then uses cute mid-century nicknames to keep it fun. (I'm going to go ahead and guess that this baby will be a girl, named Barbara, but called "Babette" or "Babs".) However, her confidence seems to easily give way to a public personality that is gratingly snide.

Consequently, I particularly enjoyed the smack her ego took when she published a series of "sign of the cross" books for kids two years ago, only to be told by buyers after the fact that she got the direction of the motions wrong. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 8
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, neurogirl said:

Unless Erin or Chad have some connection to Everly, Iowa, I think they just liked the name.

There is a fundie young woman who used the nom de plume of Everly Pleasant for a time.

In the six degrees of separation dept, it also looks like "Everly Pleasant" hired Charlotte Boyer to design her new webpage, published under her real name, Caroline Kraft.

• Thank You 3

28 minutes ago, SolomonFundy said:

Kendra Tierney's saltiness over the "late" baby is real. She brags incessantly about how she's a people manager/planner/control freak, and all but one (maybe two?)  of her kids were born precisely on the due date. She somehow views this as a proof of her superior Catholic and mothering skills.

I do love her home and decorating taste. I also really like the flow of her kids' names together. She usually picks uber traditional names, but then uses cute mid-century nicknames to keep it fun. (I'm going to go ahead and guess that this baby will be a girl, named Barbara, but called "Babette" or "Babs".) However, her confidence seems to easily give way to a public personality that is gratingly snide.

Consequently, I particularly enjoyed the smack her ego took when she published a series of "sign of the cross" books for kids two years ago, only to be told by buyers after the fact that she got the direction of the motions wrong. 

I don't follow Kendra Tierney, but now I'm curious what her kids' names and nicknames are. 

• I Agree 2

28 minutes ago, meee said:

I don't follow Kendra Tierney, but now I'm curious what her kids' names and nicknames are. 

Some of the mid century nicknames are Jack, Betty, Gus, Frankie, Lulu, and Midge. 

I hope this next baby is a boy so she won’t have an even 5 girls and 5 boys. That’s probably what she’s hoping for since she’s a perfectionist. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

42 minutes ago, meee said:

John Paul aka Jack (because of course)

Elizabeth Jeanne aka Betty

Robert Benedict aka Bobby (yes after Pope Benedict)

Augustine James aka Gus

Anita Camille

Francis Patrick aka Frankie (NOT after Pope Francis! Never!)

Louise Marita aka Lulu 

Mary Jane aka Midge

George Curtis

And I agree with the @SolomonFundy for Barbara for the next baby if it’s a girl. Or maybe Veronica to keep up the Archie comics theme lol 

eta: Or maybe Margaret nn Peggy. 

Edited by HeadshipRegent
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

5 hours ago, neurogirl said:

wait...Everly and Carson aren't big places are they?

Hmm now I'm wondering if they knew Holland's due date and picked Holland so they could use Holly as a nickname!! I hadn't thought about that. I am one of those people that might use Holly for a Christmas baby...

Side note- my dad's birthday is Dec 26 and he has always hated it. He said he would rather be born on Christmas. I know Erin tends to go super early so it's not a concern for her, but for my dad's sake I hope this baby is not born on dec 26.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/holiday-guide/holiday-survival-guide/ask-anyone-born-around-dec-25-and-theyll-tell-you-being-a-christmas-babystinks/article27804911/

I'm within a couple of days of Christmas, and I see exactly what your dad means!  But I would not prefer to have Christmas as an actual birthday.  Too many childhood Christmas/Birthday combinations, not that I wanted seperate gifts but it would have been nice to have had my birthday acknowledged on the actual day.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Possibilities:

Margaret/Margo

Theresa/Tess

Rosalie/Rose

Charles/Chip

Dominic/Nicky

Theodore/Teddy

All of those seem totally possible. I can also see her going for a more recent and hip saint name like Zelie or Kateri for a girl.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, HeadshipRegent said:

John Paul aka Jack (because of course)

Elizabeth Jeanne aka Betty

Robert Benedict aka Bobby (yes after Pope Benedict)

Augustine James aka Gus

Anita Camille

Francis Patrick aka Frankie (NOT after Pope Francis! Never!)

Louise Marita aka Lulu 

Mary Jane aka Midge

George Curtis

And I agree with the @SolomonFundy for Barbara for the next baby if it’s a girl. Or maybe Veronica to keep up the Archie comics theme lol 

eta: Or maybe Margaret nn Peggy. 

I actually didn't know some of the middle names, so thank you for this! I've always loved Anita's name in particular.

@JermajestyDuggar @NachosFlandersStyle The names are already set, so if it is a girl, it's Barbara. She makes quick scrap quilts for a new baby, one for a boy, and one for a girl. The quilts usually feature spoonflower fabric with a theme to compliment the name of the saint/pope/whatever selected. (Since they don't find out sex beforehand, the spare quilt is donated.) She posted a preview of the quilts on her blog a week or so ago. The girl quilt had fabric featuring a Rapunzel-like lady in a tower, cannon, and a thundercloud. Saint Barbara for sure. The boy quilt has a nautical theme with shells and anchors. and she hinted that it was "subtle". I'm thinking Clement, since "Clem" fits her name scheme pretty well, but I'm far less sure of that one. There are a lot of mariner/sailor/nautical saints.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 6

12 hours ago, HeadshipRegent said:

Mary Jane aka Midge

I can't help but laugh when overly pious/fundamentalist/anti-drug die-hards call their daughter mary jane ?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

I actually didn't know some of the middle names, so thank you for this! I've always loved Anita's name in particular.

@JermajestyDuggar @NachosFlandersStyle The names are already set, so if it is a girl, it's Barbara. She makes quick scrap quilts for a new baby, one for a boy, and one for a girl. The quilts usually feature spoonflower fabric with a theme to compliment the name of the saint/pope/whatever selected. (Since they don't find out sex beforehand, the spare quilt is donated.) She posted a preview of the quilts on her blog a week or so ago. The girl quilt had fabric featuring a Rapunzel-like lady in a tower, cannon, and a thundercloud. Saint Barbara for sure. The boy quilt has a nautical theme with shells and anchors. and she hinted that it was "subtle". I'm thinking Clement, since "Clem" fits her name scheme pretty well, but I'm far less sure of that one. There are a lot of mariner/sailor/nautical saints.

I looked up nautical themed saints and there are a few that seem to be her naming style. Brendan, Christopher, Andrew, Peter, Clement, and Nicholas. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4

14 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

All of those seem totally possible. I can also see her going for a more recent and hip saint name like Zelie or Kateri for a girl.

A lady at my former Catholic church named her adopted daughter Kateri.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Nashville92 said:

Per Romper Carlin and Evan are expecting their first due in February 2020

Link? I'm not familiar with this source and Google isn't helping 

25 minutes ago, Nashville92 said:

Per Romper Carlin and Evan are expecting their first due in February 2020

Not surprised. 

As if Carlin would let her sisters/sister-in-law get all the pregnancy attention without her. 

• Confused 1
  • I Agree 1

17 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Link? I'm not familiar with this source and Google isn't helping 

I'm not sure how to link but it's also on the Bringing Up Bates Facebook page

Here's the link: https://www.romper.com/p/carlin-bates-is-pregnant-with-her-first-child-the-announcement-photos-are-so-sweet-exclusive-18721872

If she's due in February then it's definitely a honeymoon baby. She got married on May 25th so her due date has to be late Feb. She could have a leap year birth!

Edited by usedbicycle
  • Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Thank You 3

2 hours ago, smittykins said:

A lady at my former Catholic church named her adopted daughter Kateri.

I always liked the name Kateri- it's the name Catherine in Mohawk. A lot of Native Catholics I am friends with really worked hard to get her recognized as a saint.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I looked up nautical themed saints and there are a few that seem to be her naming style. Brendan, Christopher, Andrew, Peter, Clement, and Nicholas. 

Santiago might fit with a seashell theme. 

Yeah not surprise at all about Carlin, it was speculated by some time and that post about coffee five it preatty much away a couple of weeks ago 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, WhiteRun said:

Not surprised. 

As if Carlin would let her sisters/sister-in-law get all the pregnancy attention without her. 

Always baffled by comments like that. It’s not as though they believe in birth control. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

Re: Carlin and Evan--Called it! Ages ago, in my head, because the pregnancy police would have thrown me in the Free Jinger Jail of Shame. But her boobs told the story pretty quickly. (Not body shaming, it's just true) 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, usedbicycle said:

Here's the link: https://www.romper.com/p/carlin-bates-is-pregnant-with-her-first-child-the-announcement-photos-are-so-sweet-exclusive-18721872

If she's due in February then it's definitely a honeymoon baby. She got married on May 25th so her due date has to be late Feb. She could have a leap year birth!

The earliest she could be due is feb 15th. V-day baby is another possibility. They would milk that to the core

• Thank You 1

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic