IGNORED

Baby Palooza 2019: Upcoming Babies 14

Bethella

16 hours ago, dairyfreelife said:

Well, it fits with her other kids: Anissa, Andrae, Annistan, Anjalie, Andersyn, Ayngel and Ansyr. 

These are progressively horrible names if they're listed in order. But now I'm disappointed that Anchor (terrible) is not spelled Ankyr. 

At least commit to your nonsense spelling. 

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 12
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

These are progressively horrible names if they're listed in order. But now I'm disappointed that Anchor (terrible) is not spelled Ankyr. 

At least commit to your nonsense spelling. 

I bet she’s gotten a lot of negativity about the spellings since she’s become more known online. You can’t read that stuff and not let it influence you in some way. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

Erin poster today on IG that she is 23w and 3d on this pregnancy, so Holland should be due on 27/12, but given her history of early labour is easy she will delivery the last days of Nov or the very first of Dec 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

2 hours ago, Becky said:

Ansyr? Really? Is that a boy or girl? Not that it really matters, that is one special name. 

Ansyr is a girl...Andrae and Anchor are their only boys so far. Go figure that the boys get more traditional or at least in Anchor's case, correctly spelled names.

• Thank You 1

52 minutes ago, AliC said:

Ansyr is a girl...Andrae and Anchor are their only boys so far. Go figure that the boys get more traditional or at least in Anchor's case, correctly spelled names.

Some people think “y’s” are more feminine. I don’t but it’s definitely a trend. So say you choose a unisex name. If you stick a y somewhere it normally isn’t, people think it looks more girly.

Examples: Madyson, Addyson, Rylie, Trystan, Baylee, Devyn, you get the point.

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

I do not understand what is more feminine about "y" over any other vowel. 

I also don't understand how "y" magically has the same sound as every other vowel. 

People are weird. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

36 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

I do not understand what is more feminine about "y" over any other vowel. 

I also don't understand how "y" magically has the same sound as every other vowel. 

People are weird. 

This isn’t a super new trend. Boomers and older gen-x females have names like Toni, Billie, Bobbie because their parents thought the names looked more feminine spelled like that. 

Disclaimer: I like talking about names but I’m no baby name professor. I’ve found there are folks on the internet that know an incredible amount about names and I’m NOT one of them, lol. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 5

@JermajestyDuggar you make a good point. Just thinking about some of the folks we talk about here, Teri Maxwell and Bobye Holt are both of the Boomer gen, and both have traditionally masculine nicknames "feminized" with the addition of unexpected vowels. 

The recent (passing) trend of the superfluous "Y" seemed to step up to replace the previous obsession with quasi-Scottish prefixes on names. Starting in the late 1980s, there was a plague of "Mac" and "Mc" names, which quickly devolved into spellings that included "Mak" and "Myk".  Three of my cousins (all of which have top-5 popular girls' names for the late 1970s) independently named their daughters "Mac" names, and all cited a desire to prevent their kids from sharing a name with multiple classmates. 

People can't seem to help themselves when it comes to naming trends.

• Upvote 10

20 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

Erin poster today on IG that she is 23w and 3d on this pregnancy, so Holland should be due on 27/12, but given her history of early labour is easy she will delivery the last days of Nov or the very first of Dec 

So will the baby's nickname be Holly? Fulfills the city/place naming trend they seem to be doing plus the nickname fits with being born at Christmas time!!  Barf on both counts.

• Upvote 1

@FaithAndReason you are right i haven't think about Holly as nick name related to the holiday. I'm not particularly found of the name but better than other I have see around (Heistheway, and Spurgeon just to name a few)

18 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Some people think “y’s” are more feminine. I don’t but it’s definitely a trend. So say you choose a unisex name. If you stick a y somewhere it normally isn’t, people think it looks more girly.

Examples: Madyson, Addyson, Rylie, Trystan, Baylee, Devyn, you get the point.

I’ve actually heard people say “The Y is what makes her a girl!”

Umm, can you say “you fail genetics forever”?(Females have two X chromosomes and males one X and one Y).

• Haha 20

22 hours ago, lexiloumarie said:

If I understood Martha's instagram, Christianna (Kendall) Fredrick is expecting her first. 

Martha said they were at a wedding shower for the couple. But they got married June 7th! I’ve never heard of throwing a wedding shower months after the wedding. And it’s completely possible she’s pregnant already. 

• Upvote 6

I have some friends who have a kid named Darwyn, again so you know she's a girl. I also have a little girl cousin (once removed) with a Welsh name ending in "wyn", but I think in Welsh this should be "wen" for female names. Oh well, cute and sweet kid! (They are not Welsh though I guess we have like one Welsh ancestor maybe 3 or 4 generations back.)

My cousins like to go for pretty out-there names and I'm over here making name lists with Irene, Petra, Iris, and Felix on them. Old lady and old man names for the win! (Though I think if I get around to having kids in the next two years or so, Felix is going to be pretty popular.)

Edited by PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea
gender of cousin
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

I have some friends who have a kid named Darwyn, again so you know she's a girl. I also have a little cousin (once removed) with a Welsh name ending in "wyn", but I think in Welsh this should be "wen". Oh well, cute and sweet kid! (They are not Welsh though I guess we have like one Welsh ancestor maybe 3 or 4 generations back.)

My cousins like to go for pretty out-there names and I'm over here making name lists with Irene, Petra, Iris, and Felix on them. Old lady and old man names for the win! (Though I think if I get around to having kids in the next two years or so, Felix is going to be pretty popular.)

I love Irene and Petra!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Martha said they were at a wedding shower for the couple. But they got married June 7th! I’ve never heard of throwing a wedding shower months after the wedding. And it’s completely possible she’s pregnant already. 

The picture yesterday wasn't as clear, which yeah I'm like it's too early for a baby shower but maybe they're moving or something. Talk about belated wedding shower. 

• Upvote 4

Kendra Tierney hasn’t had the baby yet and she would like you to stop messaging her. She knows she’s in your prayers but she doesn’t want to/can’t be bothered to read and respond all the messages. :pb_rollseyes:

I can’t believe this bitch really said this lmao

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, HeadshipRegent said:

Kendra Tierney hasn’t had the baby yet and she would like you to stop messaging her. She knows she’s in your prayers but she doesn’t want to/can’t be bothered to read and respond all the messages. :pb_rollseyes:

I can’t believe this bitch really said this lmao

It’s so hard to have so many people that care about you and your newest blessing. 

20 hours ago, anjulibai said:

People are weird. 

Reminds me of this girl I used to work with called Londyn, pronounced the same as London. It was an international team and she would get so offended when Spanish and French speakers would pronounce her name Lon-deen. Girl, there's a "y" instead of an "o" in your name! 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

I have some friends who have a kid named Darwyn, again so you know she's a girl.

Not fundie, I assume?

• Haha 17

4 hours ago, FaithAndReason said:

So will the baby's nickname be Holly? Fulfills the city/place naming trend they seem to be doing plus the nickname fits with being born at Christmas time!!  Barf on both counts.

wait...Everly and Carson aren't big places are they?

Hmm now I'm wondering if they knew Holland's due date and picked Holland so they could use Holly as a nickname!! I hadn't thought about that. I am one of those people that might use Holly for a Christmas baby...

Side note- my dad's birthday is Dec 26 and he has always hated it. He said he would rather be born on Christmas. I know Erin tends to go super early so it's not a concern for her, but for my dad's sake I hope this baby is not born on dec 26.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/holiday-guide/holiday-survival-guide/ask-anyone-born-around-dec-25-and-theyll-tell-you-being-a-christmas-babystinks/article27804911/

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, neurogirl said:

wait...Everly and Carson aren't big places are they?

I hadn't thought about those being places until you and @FaithAndReason talked about it. Google and Wikipedia say that Everly, Iowa has an estimated population of 571 people. Carson, California has a population of around 91,000, and Carson City, Nevada has about 55,000 people.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

13 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

I hadn't thought about those being places until you and @FaithAndReason talked about it. Google and Wikipedia say that Everly, Iowa has an estimated population of 571 people. Carson, California has a population of around 91,000, and Carson City, Nevada has about 55,000 people.  

That's why I don't think those are intentional place names. Unless Erin or Chad have some connection to Everly, Iowa, I think they just liked the name. And Carson is really Charles Stephen Paine IV.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic