IGNORED

Bates 26: Do Not Attempt This at Home

Coconut Flan

4 hours ago, Curious said:

Wait a sec...I don't keep that up on the Bateseseses, but haven't Zach and Whitney been married about 5 minutes?   Have they really been married long enough for a vow renewal to make sense?

They’ve been married five and a half years. The vow renewal was about a year ago. It seems to have been a combination of factors: Whitney was estranged from her birth parents at the time she got married and they were not at her wedding; her personal style and financial situation have improved and she wanted a do-over; she wished she had married in summer instead of winter; and it made a good TV event as a setting for their pregnancy announcement (that was the pregnancy she miscarried).

Edited by QuiverFullofBooks
Typo
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

Just chiming in that the same dresses are on Amazon for cheaper.

Also, I get this is just the Cheat Sheet but I will take anything that is starting to throw shade at the Bates.

My favorite subtitle is "The comment doesn’t paint a pretty picture of the family". Keep those types of comments coming and expose them for who they really are,

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/a-family-friend-just-called-out-the-bates-family-for-how-they-treated-guests-at-carlins-wedding.html/

Oh Katie, the paid partnerships got to you too. 

Katie is shilling Fabletics on her stories which seems bizarre as the offer she's pushing is 2 pairs of leggings for $24.

Screenshot_20190625_015644.thumb.jpg.9b3e2478f46805d6eff7846c7d39bc29.jpg

Shes not even allowed to wear those leggings unless they're under a skirt so what is the point? Alyssa (who is also on her stories with a baby toy paid promotion today) is believable as a Fabletics partner - she's known to workout and wear pants/leggings.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 2

I barely recognized Katie! Man does she look older there. Is she 18-19 now? I hope the next 2-4 years brings along spouses for trace, Lawson and Nathan and in turn Katie is allowed to grow up a bit. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

7 hours ago, 19tacos&counting said:

I barely recognized Katie! Man does she look older there. Is she 18-19 now? I hope the next 2-4 years brings along spouses for trace, Lawson and Nathan and in turn Katie is allowed to grow up a bit. 

I’m afraid that if Katie is staying at home the next few years, it’s because KJ needs the help. I bet it sucks to be the last adult girl at home. Although I’m sure they are forcing Addie and Ellie to do a decent amount of housework. 

• Upvote 5

I feel kinda bad for Katie, she's the last adult female in the house. I'm sure she'll handling too much after Carlin got married. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a courtship within a few months just so she can get away from that house.

• Upvote 6

Addie, Ellie and Callie too, I’m sure are being primed to be the main work horses of the house. Callie will be 10 this summer so that’s definitely sister/auntie mom age. There isn’t much baby sitting needed these days at bates household. The middle boys are 17-14, Judson will be 9 in a couple months and Jeb is 7. Obviously they still need close eyes on them but they done need the hands on attention a baby needs. There is still tons of cooking, cleaning, laundry, school work to be done. 

This also doesn’t factor in all the 3rd generation babies that need tended to.

The issue is they still have 12 kids in the house, plus Gil and Kelly. 14 people to feed, clothe, clean up after. There are only 4 girls and 8 boys. If/when Katie moves out, if that’s in 18 months, or even if it’s 2-3 years, that leaves a very heavy work load on the 3 youngest girls, who will be anywhere from 11-15. 

Do the Bates have any helpers daughters from other family live with them? I could see this happening in the not so distant future, especially if Katie leaves before 2021. 

• Upvote 6

59 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

I feel kinda bad for Katie, she's the last adult female in the house. I'm sure she'll handling too much after Carlin got married. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a courtship within a few months just so she can get away from that house.

I'm interested in the Katie courtship situation because Kelly Bates is extremely lazy and used to outsourcing housework onto her daughters, but at the same time has really pushed for her daughters to get married young (her ridiculous "hurry up and finish college Tori!" comment still makes me roll my eyes.)

Those Bates girls never last long on the market, so my guess is Katie will enter a special friends/courting/dourting situation soon, but Kelly and Gil will push for her to have a longer engagement like Carlin had. Addalee will probably be 15 and Ellie 14 by then. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

Not counting Lawson and Nathan, how many kids do they still have at home? Trace, he's working, Katie, she's in school.

5 younger boys and the 3 girls? Holy crap getting rid of all the older kids they still have 8 young kids at home.

• I Agree 1

But how many of the older siblings take the younger kids for the day or come to the Bates compound with their kids to spend the day - and thus look after the younger kids at the same time?  Or passing on their sister-mom skills to the younger girls?

• Upvote 3

Edit : Nevermind. Found the post.

New question. Weren't Kelly and Gil against particpation in organized sports or was that a Duggar thing?

I know they let Trace join basketball at college, but now Gil is coaching and Kelly a sideline cheerleader of her own admission? Wtf??

Edited by TatiFish9

1 hour ago, TatiFish9 said:

Weren't Kelly and Gil against particpation in organized sports or was that Duggar thing.

Even the Duggars played some sport. Was it broomball? I just remember it was a huge sport in that area and they went to play it weekly. 

The Maxwells are the ones I remember being totally anti-sport. If there is the possibility of fun the Maxwells are against it. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

7 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Even the Duggars played some sport. Was it broomball? I just remember it was a huge sport in that area and they went to play it weekly. 

The Maxwells are the ones I remember being totally anti-sport. If there is the possibility of fun the Maxwells are against it. 

Yes, they like broom ball. The Arndts love softball. The Wissmanns love volleyball (they have an indoor court in one of their giant outbuildings). Most fundie families seem to enjoy at least one sport. Except for the Maxwell’s. They just work out together and hike. No organized sports for them. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

9 hours ago, TatiFish9 said:

but now Gil is coaching and Kelly a sideline cheerleader 

So this was posted from Waco and Jana was in Waco is their a fundiepalooza going on in Waco? Filming? Made for TV? Or does Trace's gf (or whatever they call it these days) live near there? 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

So this was posted from Waco and Jana was in Waco is their a fundiepalooza going on in Waco? Filming? Made for TV? Or does Trace's gf (or whatever they call it these days) live near there? 

The Bates are filming right now. That much is true. The rest is up for grabs. Not sure why they are in Waco specifically, but it could have something to do with the sports team Gil is coaching and some of the guys are playing in. They may be playing another team in TX - a fundie one, I bet . Jana seems to be on a separate trip with Laura, but you never know with these folks. We only see what they show until they're ready to reveal the full story or someone discovers otherwise. It would be interesting to find fundies had something special going on this past weekend in Waco other than that game.  

Chaney is a travel bug. I don't think she's revealed her location yet. For some reason I thought she was from Colorado but she and her sis take lots of pictures acrosss the country. Texas seems to be the place they snap shot the most.

ETA: A fundie football event would be a great place for Jana and Laura to meet guys, since they both insist they are still on the marriage mart. With fundies, there rarely are coincidences. I doubt she is down in Waco at the sames time as some of the Bates, sans family, for no reason at all.

Edited by TatiFish9
  • Upvote 2

13 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

I think the Chip and Joanna Gaines' farmhouse is in a suburb of Waco?  Maybe they are filming something with Jana?

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

On 6/26/2019 at 11:05 AM, TatiFish9 said:

Edit : Nevermind. Found the post.

New question. Weren't Kelly and Gil against particpation in organized sports or was that a Duggar thing?

I know they let Trace join basketball at college, but now Gil is coaching and Kelly a sideline cheerleader of her own admission? Wtf??

Gil commented in one episode that he had participated in sports so much as a teen and young adult that he put games and teams above God for a while. Mama Jane said something similar on one of the Thanksgiving episodes where she said that he wanted to keep the boys (and girls) focused on God and not extra things. 

They seem more open now to having the boys participate in sports activities that have some church or Christian angle to them. The boys attended that one camp that was geared toward both Bible study and basketball. I think, as with most of their staunch beliefs, that they are amendable depending on the circumstances and sponsorship/money opportunities. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

6 hours ago, TatiFish9 said:

Jana seems to be on a separate trip with Laura, but you never know with these folks. We only see what they show until they're ready to reveal the full story or someone discovers otherwise. It would be interesting to find fundies had something special going on this past weekend in Waco other than that game.  

From Jana and Laura’s IG, it looks like they traveled down together. They were in Dallas shopping and then went to Waco. 

014E396C-B62A-40ED-B81A-A9DDE1AA38B7.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

Regarding the sports post, Kelly responded to a comment saying that they were there from June 20-24th. Those would be good dates for a sports tournament if he’s participating in some kind of travel sports team. 

• Thank You 1

2 hours ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

Gil commented in one episode that he had participated in sports so much as a teen and young adult that he put games and teams above God for a while. Mama Jane said something similar on one of the Thanksgiving episodes where she said that he wanted to keep the boys (and girls) focused on God and not extra things. 

They seem more open now to having the boys participate in sports activities that have some church or Christian angle to them. The boys attended that one camp that was geared toward both Bible study and basketball. I think, as with most of their staunch beliefs, that they are amendable depending on the circumstances and sponsorship/money opportunities. 

I’m almost positive Gil was really into wrestling in his youth. Can anyone tell me if I’m remembering correctly?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m almost positive Gil was really into wrestling in his youth. Can anyone tell me if I’m remembering correctly?

Yes, you are right.  I just happened across an old episode the family filmed doing "United Bates of America," and there was Gil Bates in all of his wrestling singlet glory.  I should add that they found an old picture of his in this episode.?

Edited by NoKidsAndCounting
added text
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, NoKidsAndCounting said:

Yes, you are right.  I just happened across an old episode the family filmed doing "United Bates of America," and there was Gil Bates in all of his wrestling singlet glory.  I should add that they found an old picture of his in this episode.?

Don’t worry. Singlets can’t defraud women. Because women can’t be defrauded. 

• Haha 10

2 hours ago, JanasTattooParlor said:

Regarding the sports post, Kelly responded to a comment saying that they were there from June 20-24th. Those would be good dates for a sports tournament if he’s participating in some kind of travel sports team. 

Looks like they were there for this:

https://www.kcentv.com/amp/article/news/local/largest-flag-football-tournament-in-central-texas-history-comes-to-waco/500-15a2e764-87ff-4a1c-831a-975ef85b4da4

https://ffwct.com/event-calendar/2019-battle-waco/

• Thank You 1

I just want to say that as a tween, I was defrauded by Mario Lopez on Saved By the Bell in his Bayside singlet. Thoroughly defrauded. 

• Haha 14
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Okay. I am just absolutely bewildered by the current Bates modesty standards. I know the girls are dressing trendier and a lot are ditching skirts-only rule the second they are married. But what is going on here? 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20190628_004403.thumb.jpg.eab446c0e78626c07eb21997d797496b.jpg

You're telling me that a girl wearing jeans is less modest than favourite son Trace and whoever the other Bates boy is (I want to say... Warden? Jackson?) in these white, skin-tight tank tops flexing their muscles? And those silver angel wings? I just cannot. Also "Momma's Boy" is the literal worst team name of all time.*

Kelly and Gil are the worst kind of hypocrites. I have never been so tempted to call them out in their Instagram comments. 

On the plus side, it reveals to the world their ridiculous double standards for males and females. Imagine if Katie came home from Clown one day and said she was invited to play softball or volleyball with her friends. No chance is she going or allowed without a skirt over her #gifted Fabletics leggings. 

Ugh. My rage bubbeleth over. 

*I was once in a champion quiz team called "Quack Attack" so I feel entitled to make this statement. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

• Georgiana locked this topic