IGNORED

Zach & Whitney Bates Part 6: That Thing In The Window Is Creepy

HerNameIsBuffy

Whitney mentioned on Thursday Live that she plans to home school. I wonder how she will work that around her job schedule. At first it may be easy for the earlier grades.

Maybe she can pair with Erin. Their children are close in age. I dunno.

But it would be a shame if she had to quit after the children become school-age. I know this happens for many mothers, but I was proud of her having her own steady outside the home.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

9 hours ago, TatiFish9 said:

Whitney mentioned on Thursday Live that she plans to home school. I wonder how she will work that around her job schedule. At first it may be easy for the earlier grades.

Maybe she can pair with Erin. Their children are close in age. I dunno.

But it would be a shame if she had to quit after the children become school-age. I know this happens for many mothers, but I was proud of her having her own steady outside the home.

I don't know what Zach's schedule is like, but she could always home school during the day and do showings on nights and weekends while he's home with the kids or the kids are over at a relative's house.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 2

13 hours ago, Bethella said:

I don't know what Zach's schedule is like, but she could always home school during the day and do showings on nights and weekends while he's home with the kids or the kids are over at a relative's house.

That's true. I could see how weekends would be especially convenient for buyers. I hope she keeps it up. She seems really into her work when she talks about it.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

My sons prayed for their baby sister every night for a year. They were 5 and 3... of course I suspect the 3 year old was led pretty easily by the 5 year old!  We were not thinking of another baby and they were very adamant forEVER and then when we were pregnant prayed for a girl... and now she’s three and completes this family to a tee. We just say little Night time prayers and aren’t overly religious. They just got it in their heads!

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

I would always wish for a sister when I threw a coin into the fountain at the mall. :D Didn't work though ?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9
  • Love 1

On 2/2/2019 at 5:13 PM, Bethella said:

I've done some real estate work, and it really isn't as flexible as that. It didn't matter that I preferred weekends and nights--it was what the buyer wanted, and what the seller was willing to do. If the buyer flew in from out of town and wanted to look for five straights days, that's what I had to do. If the buyer was free Monday/Wednesday mornings, that when I had to show the homes.

I hope Whitney succeeds, but the job isn't as flexible as it might appear at first.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 10:13 PM, AmericanRose said:

I would always wish for a sister when I threw a coin into the fountain at the mall. :D Didn't work though ?

It didn't work for my brother and me too.  We tried that and prayer he wanted a brother and I wanted a sister. I guess they were both nos.

• Upvote 3

You people praying for more siblings must have really liked the ones you had.  I thought one was bad enough, more would have been terrible.

I prayed that my family wasn't my real family and someday my real parents would come for me and I would live in a big quiet house where I'd be an only child and I could read all day and no one would bother me. No luck though, I look just like my mom and dad. 

I'm obviously an introvert and one of the things I hated the most about childhood was not being able to control whether I was around other people or not. My brother and I shared a room until I was 11, and I hated it.  Looking back it wasn't at all fair to him that I was mean to him because he wanted to hang around me all the time, but as a kid I didn't know how else to get him to leave me alone. My whole childhood I had a strong feeling of "I was not consulted about any of this and I don't like it and I can't wait to leave." 

Adulthood is so much better, and now I get along well with my family, but back then it was really hard. I really feel for any introverted children in megafamilies, I would probably have tried to run away if I had had the bad luck to be born into one. 

Edited by lumpentheologie
  • Upvote 1
  • Love 8

3 hours ago, Hisey said:

hope Whitney succeeds, but the job isn't as flexible as it might appear at first.

Both Kelly and Whit have stated several times how Bates often babysit Brad and Kaci, but at the same time they keep saying that Whitney only works a few hours and tries to do it when Zach is free and that she's still basically a SAHM.

It's difficult to know if they are lying or telling the truth. Maybe Whit works only a few hours week and she's happy just selling 1 house every other year. Who knows if Whit wants to work a lot but Kelly has boundaries about babysitting too much. Or maybe Whit and Zach use Bates home as a daycare but just hide it.

The only thing that shocks me is that Whit started working when Kaci was 1 year old. While I understand her decision, I find it very hypocrite to say you are a SAHM if you leave a baby to go to work. No, you are not a SAHM, you're a part-time working mother and that's absolutely fine!

• Upvote 7

Theres a new post up on instagram. Bradley cut his sister's hair. It's pretty bad. ? Hope he doesn't get into too much trouble over that one. 

• Upvote 3

^^ You made me go look at it, lol. It's not as bad as what my daughter did to herself in Kindergarten, but since "*H*A*I*R* of any length wasn't idolized, revered or worshipped by my family is was not a big deal. My daughter cried when she looked at herself in the mirror and realized what she had done.

Edited by Bobology
clarification
  • Upvote 5

39 minutes ago, Bobology said:

^^ You made me go look at it, lol. It's not as bad as what my daughter did to herself in Kindergarten, but since "*H*A*I*R* of any length wasn't idolized, revered or worshipped by my family is was not a big deal. My daughter cried when she looked at herself in the mirror and realized what she had done.

Aww I can imagine. My daughter actually almost did it to me!  I wasn't paying attention, she got ahold of scissors and climbed up behind me on the computer chair. She would've totally gone to town except I heard the teeny tiny sound of the scissor blades opening and was like ACKKK! 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

Here is the post about Bradley cutting Kaci's hair (and the other way round!):

Whitney seems to be taking it pretty well, judging only from that post of course, so hopefully they won't be punished too harshly. But how incredibly strange it must be for these kids to have to constantly perform for a camera. When you scroll through, there's actually a video where Whitney asks the kids what happened. I can't even imagine if my parents' reaction to everything had been "quick, get me my phone, I'll take a video of this." Just... ugh.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 3

Those kids look worried and sad, and defensive. I think Whitney's reaction was horrified, and now the kids are scared that Mommy is upset. 

Remember, Whitney and her kids are on TV. They will be shown side by side with Erin's pretty children. Whitney has posted pictures of one-year old Kaci in rollers, and she styles Bradley's hair with gel. She clearly cares about their "look."

I wish she could just laugh and move on. My own kids did the same thing. I knew their hair would grow out and besides, who cares what a two-year old looks like? They are usually grubby and dirty anyway. 

Bradley and Kaci were experimenting, copying their aunt Josie, and learning to use scissors (child scissors, hopefully). That's not such a terrible thing. A terrified, first-time-obedient, PVC-pipe trained child would not have felt free enough to attempt to be a "hairstylist." Whitney should congratulate herself. 

When my girls turned six (!), the grubby little-kid phase ended, and they both wanted long, beautiful hair. They taught themselves to curl their hair that same year.  It starts young.  She should treasure this time.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

14 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

They seem way too young to have access to scissors that are sharp enough to cut hair.

This.

If Whit should be upset with someone, she must be upset with herself for not having scissors out of reach of children.

• Upvote 8

54 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

This.

If Whit should be upset with someone, she must be upset with herself for not having scissors out of reach of children.

Blunt-tipped preschool scissors will cut hair just fine. My three-year-old is amazingly good at using them. I actually showed them this video and got a “I would never do that. Scissors are for paper” response that made me chuckle. 

I can understand her recording it. I video so many little things nowadays since it’s so easy with iPhones and I wish I had those videos of my older children. She may have recorde it to send to Zach too. Anyway, I don’t think they seem overly terrified of their mother and she sounds calmly disappointed. No biggie. 

• Upvote 17

Isn't a little kid cutting their own or a sibling's hair kind of a childhood rite of passage? I'm surprised people are upset with Whitney. 

BTW, I knew a little boy who decided to cut his eyelashes! ? He had long beautiful lashes everyone commented on, but he didn't want to look "like a girl." Thankfully he missed damaging his eyes, but you quickly realized looking at him that eyelashes are one of those things you don't really notice until they're not there anymore. Little dude looked kinda alien for a while. 

• Upvote 16
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

I like the way Bradley rats his sister out.

Whitney: Oh, Kaci, look at your hair, etc. [Bradley stands by guiltily.]  And did you cut your brother's hair?

Long silent pause. Kaci pretends not to hear, ignores the question.

Bradley: [breaking the silence] Yesh.

8 hours ago, Dandruff said:

They seem way too young to have access to scissors that are sharp enough to cut hair.

Are there scissors that don't cut hair? 

• Upvote 5

14 hours ago, Hisey said:

I wish she could just laugh and move on. My own kids did the same thing. I knew their hair would grow out and besides, who cares what a two-year old looks like? They are usually grubby and dirty anyway. 

Yessss lol. My middle daughter looked a hot mess her entire two's. She had a scab that she picked at the top of her nose, and she loathed getting her hair brushed. She was always getting into dirt in the back yard, didn't eat neatly, clothes always dirty or stained after 5 minutes. She was our little wild girl. Now she is 21 and dresses like a model and always has on such high heels that I couldn't be able to walk across the room in. Incidentally this is the same kid that almost cut my hair. 

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, Hisey said:

When my girls turned six (!), the grubby little-kid phase ended, and they both wanted long, beautiful hair. They taught themselves to curl their hair that same year.  It starts young.  She should treasure this time.

Pretty sure the grubby-dirty phase is still my default state in my mid-30s, lol. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 13
  • I Agree 2

The kids both look so miserable that I wonder how Whitney reacted when there was no video camera going. Little Kaci looks almost like she's been crying. Plus, I notice Whitney says that Bradley "decided to sneak." All in all, not a good day at the Bates house.

Little Kaci was required to sit still while a grownup (Josie) cut her hair. This happened on one of the shows. No wonder she wanted to try her hand at haircutting. Two year olds always want to copy what grownups do (though things like driving a car might not be practical lol). If it were me, I'd give her a doll to practice on. She'd feel empowered to be the haircutter, instead of the client, for a change.

Edited by Hisey
  • Downvote 1
  • Bless Your Heart 3

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic