IGNORED

Trump 36: We Shall Overcome

Destiny

Just now, GreyhoundFan said:

It's not an either/or situation. He's both.

I sorta thought that as I wrote it.

He had better hope that Cohen doesn't have actual tapes.

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These press conferences show that he really can't hold it together long especially when there are not adoring crowds. 

2 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

These press conferences show that he really can't hold it together long especially when there are not adoring crowds. 

He spoke for  90 minutes. He seemed to swing between mania and a quiet pleading. Like you said earlier, He's going to straddle the divide between obstinance/defiance and pleading with the house. It's going to be a wild 2 years.

11 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

He seemed to swing between mania and a quiet pleading.

He knows he needs to appeal to democrats in hopes that he can suck up enough for them to not investigate him, yet he can't control his anger. He has never had to control himself and isn't going to learn to do so now even if it is in his best interest. 

I wonder how much of what he says he actually believes. Does he believe that working at his White House is really a highly coveted job? Is that what his handlers tell him? Or does he actually know that everything he touches eventually dies? 

16 minutes ago, formergothardite said:
32 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

He knows he needs to appeal to democrats in hopes that he can suck up enough for them to not investigate him,

Hah, he's already started with that!

3 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Hah, he's already started with that!

Somehow I think Nancy Pelosi has his number so all the sucking up in the world won't work.

Here's a shorter version of the press conference....

So what does this mean?! Is he going to attempt to fire Mueller before January? Will the GOP just let him do this and can the new congress undo it in January. 

This is very concerning. 

ETA: What has happened that today was the day Sessions finally gave into Trump? Trump has been wanting him to resign forever and he wouldn't budge. Something is going on. 

2 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

So what does this mean?! Is he going to attempt to fire Mueller before January? Will the GOP just let him do this and can the new congress undo it in January. 

This is very concerning. 

ETA: What has happened that today was the day Sessions finally gave into Trump? Trump has been wanting him to resign forever and he wouldn't budge. Something is going on. 

Matt Whitaker, someone who agrees with Trump that the Mueller investigation is unfair, is now acting attorney general, and I'm seeing that Whitaker will also take over for Rosenstein in supervising the investigation.

Last I saw was the Rosenstein is still overseeing Muller, but with this chaos in Washington, who really knows what's going on. I don't thing Fuckface himself knows what's going on minute to minute.

4 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

Matt Whitaker, someone who agrees with Trump that the Mueller investigation is unfair, is now acting attorney general, and I'm seeing that Whitaker will also take over for Rosenstein in supervising the investigation.

So he will take over and Trump probably hopes he will make it all go away? 

5 hours ago, formergothardite said:

If this happened television would become super exciting next year! 

Well, I'd finally get those holiday napkins finished. I could sew and watch Orange Donnie completely lose his shit at the same time! 

*reads the rest of the thread before posting*

Oh shit, Jeff Sessions is out?!?

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

Somehow I think Nancy Pelosi has his number so all the sucking up in the world won't work.

No, unfortunately I think this is strategic. The three names that are like throwing raw meat to Trump's lions are Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, and Nancy Pelosi. In this case I actually think he knows what he's doing. He knows if she is returned to be the speaker of the house that his people would work even more diligently to make sure the Democrats lose in 2020 so she's never in power of anything again.

Holy Deer Sweet Rufus!

This is planned. They are scrambling to get anything and everything that Mueller has discovered spirited away before the Dems take over the House. I hope and pray to our deer Rufus that Mueller has quietly hidden/put in a safe place most of his damning evidence. 

This is not good. 

Get ready to rebel. 

In Session's letter I specifically liked to phrase re: "I will always have law enforcement's back". Is that an "in your face orange one, I'll back the FBI, etc... before you" statement?

Muller has been spreading stuff out to state district courts. I know New York has some stuff they're working on, and those are not investigations under the purview of the AG. My husband keeps reminding me that Muller is far from stupid. He's had to have made arrangements in anticipation of this day. I'm holding on to that...

I do believe this was always the plan. He couldn't do this before the election because it would impact it, but now the Dems won't have power till January and the current Congress has no incentive to at least pretend to be decent. This is as much for the GOP as it is for Trump because if he goes down he will make sure they all go down with him. 

My bit of hope is that Mueller has known from the start this was a big possibility and I don't think he will let them destroy evidence. They may try to shred everything they can, but I bet he has things spread out in all sorts of places to protect the investigation. 

What is the significance of it not being dated? 

As far as I can judge, the fact that it's not dated could mean that it was written at any point in time, not necessarily now. Sessions might have had it ready for months.

Heck, for that matter this could very well be the same letter he wrote last year, the one that wasn't accepted then, because is resignation wasn't expedient at that time.

JHC, this is scary.  Who else gets the ax this week?

30 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

This is planned.

Yeah, read the text carefully.  It's a little love letter to Trump. We nailed transnational gangs and (mostly) fixed the opioid  epidemic!  Immigration! National security!

"We have...lawfully and aggressively advanced the policy agenda of this administration." 

WTAF, Jeff.  YOU JUST GOT FIRED and now you're on your back showing your belly.  Unless *clears throat ominously* someone else wrote this letter for you. Do we need a proof of life video?

12 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Someone is worried about his taxes. It is going to be a crushing blow to his pride when those are released. 

:popcorn: Please Deer Rufus, let there not be any loopholes to prevent his taxes being examined as closely as possible, as soon as possible. 

FFS, The WH has revoked Jim Acosta's press pass claiming he groped that intern who today, attempted to grab the microphone from him during Trump's conference.

13 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

FFS, The WH has revoked Jim Acosta's press pass claiming he groped that intern who today, attempted to grab the microphone from him during Trump's conference.

But I thought the White House was totally cool with groping women.

(I'm not, but, based on many comments, Trump and his Republican cronies are.)

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived