IGNORED

Trump 36: We Shall Overcome

Destiny

I have hearing 45's voice in the morning,  well any time really, but I especially hate it when it is used for fear mongering. Democrats are going to erase your jobs? Really what about our clean air, rights, Constitution, etc that you, 45, are trying to erase? Don't even start me about the manufactured border crisis. 

There is not enough coffee in the world to deal with this asshole.

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Came across this great article on twitter; it's a fun read and remarkably astute and insightful:  

Trump the Revealer

This sets the stage: 

I have penned a set of nonpartisan observations prior to each Presidential re-election. In 2004, I wrote The Tragedy of the Bush Administration, and in 2012, The Tragedy of the Obama Administration.

Mid-terms don’t usually warrant such a review, but I have been rolling over a fascinating idea in my mind about President Trump: He has revealed (or reminded) many great truths to us about human nature, history, tactics, manipulation, institutions, and the nation. By this, I don’t mean to imply he himself has spoken great truths; rather, that we can learn a great deal about many things simply from watching his effects on the world.

If you doubt this to be true, then consider this short list truths revealed by Trump:

I'm going to start following this guy on line.  His bio is here: About Barry Ritholtz

What nutjob will they get to replace Hannity at Orange Donnie's rally? Sarah Palin? Daddy Huckabee?

Edited to add this tweet from Hannity:

So, he's going to be there, but will not take the opportunity to come out on the stage for a few minutes? :confusion-shrug:

From factcheck.org

Q: Can President Donald Trump fire special counsel Robert Mueller?

A: Not directly. Only the deputy attorney general who appointed Mueller can fire him and only for cause. But Trump could fire the DAG, or order the special-counsel regulations repealed and fire Mueller himself.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/06/media/trump-rally-missouri-hannity/index.html

Ahead of President Donald Trump's final election rally, the Fox News host said he wouldn't appear on stage with the President to help excite the Republican base before voters head to the polls Tuesday.

"To be clear, I will not be on stage campaigning with the president," Hannity tweeted Monday morning, adding that he would simply "be doing a live show" from the scene.

A Fox News spokesperson offered a similar message to CNN and other news organizations, insisting Hannity would only be at the rally in Missouri to broadcast his show and cover the event for the network.

But, approximately 12 hours after Hannity posted his tweet, he was campaigning on stage with Trump.

I'm SHOCKED. SHOCKED, I tell you! A republican lying? Tell me it ain't so. He joined such dignitaries as Rush Limbaugh and Jeanine Pirro in this leg humping jamboree.

Hannity's first remark on stage with the President? He attacked members of the media covering the rally, saying, "By the way, all those people in the back are fake news."

As observers pointed out, Fox News journalists were among the "people in the back" that Hannity insulted.

"Snort" :evil-laugh:

?

"proper credit".... awww... the needy presidunce needs a lavish butt-licking after he got his ass whipped

Someone is worried about his taxes. It is going to be a crushing blow to his pride when those are released. 

49 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Someone is worried about his taxes. It is going to be a crushing blow to his pride when those are released. 

I think he's going to fight tooth and nail to avoid having to release those pesky tax returns... too much damning information in them to simply give them over.

What is the recourse when he refuses?

4 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

What is the recourse when he refuses?

Can't they just get them directly from the IRS? He isn't going to turn one thing over so they just need to bypass him completely. 

8 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Can't they just get them directly from the IRS? He isn't going to turn one thing over so they just need to bypass him completely. 

Yes, Congress can subpoena the records directly. Maxine Walters is likely going to be the chairperson of the committee, I'm sure she has the subpoena document ready.

One of my big hopes is that they make him testify for hours in a public hearing. I don't even care what they are making him testify about, he will lie under oath and have a total meltdown on live television. 

17 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

One of my big hopes is that they make him testify for hours in a public hearing. I don't even care what they are making him testify about, he will lie under oath and have a total meltdown on live television. 

Although a presiduncial testimony is the absolute pinnacle, I have to confess to being rather greedy in that regard.

I'd love to see public hearings for:

- Jeff Sessions

- Devin Nunes

- Eric Prince

- George Nader

- Mike Flynn

- Elliot Broidy

- Michael Cohen

- Rick Gates

- Pavel Manafort

- Jarod Kushner

- Fredo-dumb

- Fredo-dumber

- She-whom-Daddy-may-not-say-is-beautiful

- and anyone else I can't think of off the top of my head right now

I told you I was greedy! :wink-kitty:

2 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

I told you I was greedy! :wink-kitty:

If this happened television would become super exciting next year! 

Oooooh, the presidunce is shitting his diaper...

10 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Oooooh, the presidunce is shitting his diaper...

Another demonstration of his usual mindset -- "us" vs. "them," zero sum, neener-neener, and "it's all about me and whether everyone loves me." Not one thought about what is good for the country.

How the fuck can anyone consider this baby a leader?

Maybe the financial pressure is what will get DJT to reconsider his candidacy in 2020. He doesn't have to run again.

THIS is exactly why he wanted soft on presidency crime and accountability Kavanaugh on the supreme court.

Check out the banner at the top of the WaPo (from Dumpy's press "conference")

image.thumb.png.eee33e4f8b420fe9250b4dc6e3e38c3a.png

Um, no, I think people WOULD understand. That's what has him scared.

Here's the video of the presidunce trying to get the best of CNN's reporters. So good to see that he won't give up his mic or stop asking his questions even when the presidunce gets angry and repeatedly and tells him "That's enough! as if he's talking to a little child.

BTW, anyone know who the Hope Hicks lookalike trying to take the mic from the reporter is?

Do you guys think the bravado is false? Today he seems like he'd like to take some swings at a few people. I wonder if it's an all an act or if he really is close to losing it?

The President is apparently calling a black female reporter a racist for asking him a question about why he called himself a nationalist.

22 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Do you guys think the bravado is false? Today he seems like he'd like to take some swings at a few people. I wonder if it's an all an act or if he really is close to losing it?

I can't watch him long, but the part I saw where he kept saying that losing the house is a win for him made me think he is desperately trying to convince himself this. Like if he repeats it enough it will come true. Trump has had a pretty easy two years as president and has never in his life really been held accountable. All that is about to end and I think he is terrified, but is trying to create a world for himself where things will be great and he will be praised for being a great negotiator. If he focuses on reality he will go insane. 

First year Trump let himself be controlled somewhat because he was new to the job. 

Second year Trump got away with anything he wanted. 

Third year Trump is going to have to face a world of accountability that he has never dealt with. I think we will see an entirely different person in the next year. One that goes from irrational anger to pleading nicely with the democrats to stop.  To making threats against democrats that he can't carry out and then making promises to them that he also can't carry out all in hopes that he won't suffer the ultimate humiliation of the world finding out he isn't as rich as he claims. 

We are in for a wild ride. 

17 minutes ago, Tikobaby said:

The President is apparently calling a black female reporter a racist for asking him a question about why he called himself a nationalist.

He also commented to an Asian Journalist "I  can't understand you" and asked another obviously foreign born journalist where he was from.

He is either a flaming racist or a poor actor.

3 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

He is either a flaming racist or a poor actor.

It's not an either/or situation. He's both.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived