IGNORED

Priscilla and David 8: Destiny Faith is here

Coconut Flan

On 2/12/2019 at 5:11 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think the biggest problem with using a lot of product (especially in your teen years) is that it can cause acne. I think the early male pattern baldness is more of a genetic trait. 

I would love to see photos of Michelle Duggar’s father through the years, given that male pattern baldness is apparently inherited through the mother.

• Upvote 2

Pecans posted a picture of Phillip in his dump truck. Brings back memories of newborn Phillip plunked down in his dump truck for an awkward photo shoot. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 2

54 minutes ago, Markie said:

Pecans posted a picture of Phillip in his dump truck. Brings back memories of newborn Phillip plunked down in his dump truck for an awkward photo shoot. 

That was my first thought when I saw that picture. Too funny.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

Has anyone watch the video David preached to the congregation at the Russian Church? This was at the same church that David and Priscilla took the stage with JB & Michelle from the 3 hour video that we all talked about in the Dillard thread last week.

I haven't finished it yet but David mentions "shotgun" in this video as part of a joke and the translator was shocked and had to say, before translating it "He's from Texas". David should have known better when speaking to a congregation largely of another culture that not everyone shares the same "God & Guns" view that he has.

I think I remember Priscilla had to catch David in the video with JB & Michelle where David went on explaining the games Priscilla's brothers play by shooting something by whispering to him quickly, "We aren't supposed to say gun".

David is not stupid. Given that much of the congregation likely has family in Russia, and that we have (the Orange muppet in office which makes Russia-US relations already tense) David could have simply Googled "How do Russians feel about guns?" (the answer isn't an easy one though as Russia recently legalized guns after them being outlawed) or smarter, not mention the word at all. 

David is so corny. He's very theatrical in this video and makes me feel embarrassed for some reason.

EDIT: David starts talking at 1:16:25  Trigger Warning. David tells the story of his brother's death at 1:47:00 (during the family's mission in Mongolia of undiagnosed leukemia) and it's really, really sad.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

May I ask why David and Pris are in the snark forum vs the quiverfull of subforms?   I’m guessing it is due to activity level. I forget they have a thread sometimes. 

That picture of Phillip in the dump truck is so funny.

• Upvote 4

So at about 1:40 David also tells a story about how his brother became an integral part of his father's engineering firm without a college education and received pay raises.  Then he proceeds to tell them what life was like in Mongolia, as if this crowd can't possibly imagine living in foreign country and experiencing hardships....

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

I think they both look stressed, which isn't typical.  Wonder if they tried to give someone a tract and got soundly rebuffed.

• Upvote 4

I can't believe they are still doing the dress alike thing. That fad went out the window a while ago. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

Thankfully we weren't "treated" to a JimBoob and Meechelle version of miniature golf. :output_eeMbjt:

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 2

They are dorks. All hateful nonsense aside, they're just dorks. I think, possibly, some part of their character does compliment each other.

I don't like questioning David's sexuality. However, if... There's something to that... I do not think he is without feelings for her on some kind of level. It may be platonic or spirtual or confused or this may not be a thing that he even thinks of right now.

In photos, at least, the Pecan family has their own kind of chemistry going on.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

They are dorks. All hateful nonsense aside, they're just dorks. I think, possibly, some part of their character does compliment each other.

I don't like questioning David's sexuality. However, if... There's something to that... I do not think he is without feelings for her on some kind of level. It may be platonic or spirtual or confused or this may not be a thing that he even thinks of right now.

In photos, at least, the Pecan family has their own kind of chemistry going on.

At least they seem to enjoy each other’s company. Not all fundie couples come across that way. So I guess it’s a plus. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 3

9 hours ago, anjulibai said:

I can't believe they are still doing the dress alike thing. That fad went out the window a while ago. 

Might not be on purpose though. You'd be surprised how often Mr PPOD and I realize half way through the day that we are essentially wearing the same thing.  Yeah, we are dorks.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 7
  • Love 2

13 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Thrilling stuff. Glad they managed to get it all done. /s

I'm getting old, but this sounds totally like the kind of date I would like right now. Not that I'm seeing anybody, but still.

Pris looks a lot like Susannah in this picture.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, ophelia said:

I'm getting old, but this sounds totally like the kind of date I would like right now. Not that I'm seeing anybody, but still.

Pris looks a lot like Susannah in this picture.

It also sounds like a fun date to me, except for the Chick-fil-A part, which I would substitute another fast food restaurant. But then I'm the one who thinks the perfect date involves a hike and a sub.

Edited by Audrey2
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

I will agree that while unexciting, they had a classic married date. When my husband and I get to go to Target together I consider it a date if there's no kids, doesn't matter if there's food involved or not.  Of course I'd prefer a true date night with a nice dinner and the kids in bed when I get home but I'll take what I can get on a Saturday afternoon.  

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

They posted pictures from a marathon they ran this past weekend. David did the full marathon and Pris did the half. I have no idea how she does it. I would be drowning if I had 4 young children! No way would I be able to find the time or energy to train for and run a half marathon. And Destiny is only 6 months old right? She’s like a super fundie or something.

• Upvote 12

I'm always a fan of their family runs, because I think it encourages women in their circles to see that they can still have hobbies even after marriage and motherhood and that those hobbies can be outdoorsy or athletic.  There's no way Pris is taking all the kids with her to train, so David must be supportive on some level to allow her to get her training in.  And fundies don't often allow mothers to need their own space or demand their own time, so it is nice to see that on some level, both Pris and David DO support mothers regularly being given their own time and fathers stepping up, even if only to allow them to have a "family activity".    

A lot of secular husbands struggle with this, so the implicit support from David is nice to see.  

• Upvote 19

@JermajestyDuggar, what attire did they wear?  Appropriate running clothes or something ridiculous like jeans or a long demin skirt?  Orthodox Jews and observant Muslims who run are dressed in real running gear, just running gear that doesn't show much skin.  Orthodox men will wear yarmulkes and some of the women will wear running skirts with tights underneath and tichels/hijabs covering heir hair.  I'd be hot wearing clothes like that, but still they run.  Kudos to them.  Myself, I'd wear a shimmel and shorts until the temperature dropped to the upper 30s.  

• Upvote 3

I personally think that David is gradually gearing up to leave IBLP. It's known that IBLP has been increasingly losing money. In David's sermon with JB & Michelle, he mentioned how God gives signs on career direction, such as a river drying up (in regards to $ drying up), to move forward. I almost thought that David was basically referring to IBLP "drying up" financially because it's a known fact that it is.

I think that David wants to be JB's mentee and learn the real estate flipping business. It would not surprise me if David and Priscilla moved to Arkansas to be closer to JB & Michelle and Anna... Also, I believe David wants to go off on his own and start his own ministry, write books, and do high-paid speaking gigs just like JB & Michelle.

David "wants in" on JB & Michelle's famous platform. I really think that David aspires to be even more than the next Jim Bob, sort of like the next Billy Graham. In fact, he frequently shares quotes by Billy Graham.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 4

I think David likes living near his BFF Robert. They are the ones that watched the kids while they were both running the race. That’s probably one of the only things that would keep him in TX if he left IBLP

1995E020-3CA9-4301-80CE-2DB1BC2D4202.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

57 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

@JermajestyDuggar, what attire did they wear?  Appropriate running clothes or something ridiculous like jeans or a long demin skirt?  Orthodox Jews and observant Muslims who run are dressed in real running gear, just running gear that doesn't show much skin.  Orthodox men will wear yarmulkes and some of the women will wear running skirts with tights underneath and tichels/hijabs covering heir hair.  I'd be hot wearing clothes like that, but still they run.  Kudos to them.  Myself, I'd wear a shimmel and shorts until the temperature dropped to the upper 30s.  

Their Instagram pictures are public (I don't even have an Insta account) and Prissy mentions she bought her running skirt from shopkoshercasual

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Thank You 1

I have several running skirts myself.  I don't wear them as long as Pris wears them, but I find them more comfortable than my standard running tights.  If you're concerned with camel toe or are uncomfortable with how running tights look around your crotchal region, they're a great solution.  They also have a looser fit and tend to ride up less at least on me, so they're great for that as well.  

• Upvote 3

More power to them, running marathons with 4 kids under 6, one of whom I presume is still nursing. 

David and Priscilla do seem to enjoy their lifestyle - unlike many 2nd and 3rd generation fundies I think it suits them and they would have chosen it independently (unless David really is just making the best of life deep in the closet). I do think he has grown to truly care for Priscilla, much more than he seemed to early in their relationship.

Because I agree with the comment upthread about him wanting in on the Duggar fame and speaking circuit and think a large part of what initially appealed to him about Priscilla was her closeness to the Duggars and TLC. Their wedding was filmed and broadcast for fucks sake. And early on he was always posting clips and pictures with Josh and Anna but not with any of their other numerous siblings and in-laws.

If he wants to be a big name fundie preacher/speaker he’s going to have to step up his social media presence A LOT. Nobody but ATI folks and Duggar die hards know who he is.

Edited by lilith
  • Upvote 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic