IGNORED

Maxwell 23: Backyard Breeding

VaSportsMom

10 hours ago, Coconutwater said:

Why do they do this?

“We celebrated Dad’s birthday with just our immediate family. Then, we did a triple birthday party (Dad, Mom, and Mary’s) with all the relatives a bit later.”

Siblings are not “relatives” they are your immediate family. This just drives me crazy. 

OMG, that drives me nutso too.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

The photo with two people standing behind the car with the trunk open.  What the heck is the bag of chips doing hovering over what’s his names head?  Oh the excitement!

According to Teri one of the two threw it in the air for the photo. So wacky!!!

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Calia is talking to Pennywise. He’s telling her that her grandpa Steve scares the shit out of him. 

E6BFBD8A-C848-4F8B-8C7C-67128749D266.jpeg

I love you.

1 hour ago, catlady said:

Or even “This is the grilled pizza that Anna made.”  I know she’s just using her own casual conversational voice here, but it just doesn’t translate well to writing. And she calls herself an author. This is also the second post where she captioned Ellie and Arnold with “these two.”  Yes, one might say “these two” in verbal conversation, and one’s tone would convey affection or other emotion; but it doesn’t work on the blog. “These two” what?  Tails?  Nostrils on the knocked-up dog?  These two naughty pets just tracked in a lot of mud?  It’s a thorough absence of detail that leaves the reader guessing at what Sarah means.  

ETA:  if only Sarah would share the grilled pizza recipe; i’ve never heard of this, but it sounds interesting. 

Not sure if it's just my group, but I see a lot of people post pics with the caption "These two" or the like. My personal favorite is my friend Shauna who captions her dog pics with "These bitches."

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Calia is talking to Pennywise. He’s telling her that her grandpa Steve scares the shit out of him. 

E6BFBD8A-C848-4F8B-8C7C-67128749D266.jpeg

I wish I had a gold star reaction for your comment!

3 hours ago, catlady said:

ETA:  if only Sarah would share the grilled pizza recipe; i’ve never heard of this, but it sounds interesting. 

Easy as pie and really nice when you want pizza but don't want to use the oven.

"personal size" pizzas are easier to manage. Have everything set up next to the grill because you have to work fast. Brush one side of the rolled out crust with olive oil and drop it onto the hot grill oiled-side down. As soon as it's begun to crisp up, flip it over and put your sauce and toppings on. Alternatively, pull it off the grill to do this. Cover the grill and give it a few minutes to finish baking.

But however will I cut it?! I need a tutorial on how to use the pizza cutter. Step by step, preferably. 

11 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

But however will I cut it?! I need a tutorial on how to use the pizza cutter. Step by step, preferably. 

I think you need a lettuce cutter.

God, Pennywise was the first thing I thought of, and I haven’t even seen it! (I don’t intend to either as I’m not a horror fan).

Spoiler

EF946E08-E3A1-49D0-B53E-3EF8E5B7E378.jpeg.742ded381a79d9dc46ad433ce092b477.jpeg

Calia's boots are cute. Pennywise could have been telling her how Lolly the Clown creeped him the fuck out.

I wasn't sure where to plop this down, maybe it was already spotted by others.  And I admit it isn't earth shattering news.

Anyway, I was browsing through Christopher Maxwell's lovely wedding photography portfolio, checking to see if he posted a new wedding (it was speculated that he photographed the wedding that Mary or Anna recently went to in Canada).  Nothing new posted but I clicked on the album for Kenneth and Erin's Oklahoma wedding just for giggles.  Then I spotted a familiar face, Mr. Joy Duggar, Austin!  He was a groomsman.  The last name of the wedding couple is on the banner in one of the pics (Christopher edited it out of the pic of the bottom of the brides boot that said Mrs. BXXXX but left the banner) so I looked the bride up on facebook.  There are pics of the couple attending events at Fort Rock Family Camp.  They were married 12/2014 and only have two kids so far, slackers! She also has public posts about attending a Godly courtship wedding recently saying, "It's always so refreshing to attend a wedding done the right way and to see a couple start their journey off without scars that the dating world leaves.  The world needs to hear and see more of families like these following the ways of God instead of the ways of the world."  

Fundies - It's a small world.  Could probably play a game of 6 degrees of separation from the Duggars with any of the families.

Also, one of the bridesmaids looks a lot like Austin, maybe it is his sister?

9 minutes ago, fundiefollower said:

I wasn't sure where to plop this down, maybe it was already spotted by others.  And I admit it isn't earth shattering news.

Anyway, I was browsing through Christopher Maxwell's lovely wedding photography portfolio, checking to see if he posted a new wedding (it was speculated that he photographed the wedding that Mary or Anna recently went to in Canada).  Nothing new posted but I clicked on the album for Kenneth and Erin's Oklahoma wedding just for giggles.  Then I spotted a familiar face, Mr. Joy Duggar, Austin!  He was a groomsman.  The last name of the wedding couple is on the banner in one of the pics (Christopher edited it out of the pic of the bottom of the brides boot that said Mrs. BXXXX but left the banner) so I looked the bride up on facebook.  There are pics of the couple attending events at Fort Rock Family Camp.  They were married 12/2014 and only have two kids so far, slackers! She also has public posts about attending a Godly courtship wedding recently saying, "It's always so refreshing to attend a wedding done the right way and to see a couple start their journey off without scars that the dating world leaves.  The world needs to hear and see more of families like these following the ways of God instead of the ways of the world."  

Fundies - It's a small world.  Could probably play a game of 6 degrees of separation from the Duggars with any of the families.

They are all in danger of becoming like European Royalty at the start of the 20th century--totally intermarried. Or like today's Amish--so intermarried they have their own birth defects.

On 9/10/2018 at 10:30 AM, Dru said:

Woah, woah, woah! Is Mary only wearing one shirt (gray with white polka dots) in some of these pictures? Combine that with all of the leg she's showing in that first pic and I think I know why Steve looks ill.

ETA- I actually don't think he looks particularly ill.

Arnold looks like he shares your sentiment in the pic with Chris's family and the shortbread.

She's a hussy, plain and simple.

16 hours ago, keepercjr said:

Here is a defense of the use if “immediate family”:

442E25CF-FFA6-4449-AB29-3488B6509E7F.jpeg

Ok which one of you is Emily?

I’ve sometimes thought about buying a big piece of paper and creating a “connections map”, if you will, of our fundies. Could get quite interesting.

20 minutes ago, Rosie said:

Sadly this is what happens when you let your daughter clean up her eyebrows and fix her hair.

3 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

I’ve sometimes thought about buying a big piece of paper and creating a “connections map”, if you will, of our fundies. Could get quite interesting.

Clear off the biggest wall in your house and buy a shit ton of red string.

2 hours ago, fundiefollower said:

I was looking at these pics and am once again stunned by how tone-deaf Chris is. All of these people standing in a dead field with an ominous overcast sky. I mean, maybe it's just me, but that sure as shit isn't how I'd want to remember my wedding day.

On 9/10/2018 at 10:22 PM, nelliebelle1197 said:

So check the comments on the random life post. "Priscilla" mentions global warming! @johnhugh???

Not me this time, but with Terri in the driving seat I’m sure we will have fun soon. Hi Stevie!

5 hours ago, Rosie said:

I was just thinking about the notoriously passive-aggressive Maxwellian assertion “plain and simple” as I was washing dishes at work today. Many times certain phrases repeat over and over again in my mind (it’s funny but also exhausting) for 2-3 days at a time. I guess today it’s PLAIN AND SIMPLE PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

47 minutes ago, johnhugh said:

Not me this time, but with Terri in the driving seat I’m sure we will have fun soon. Hi Stevie!

Maybe Terri can put the "fun" in "fundamentalism."  Nah, the concept of "fun" is so undesirable it's been considered just plain evil by our fundie friends.  

Bless you, John Hugh!

20 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Oh I did that years ago. A giant association matrix of fundiedom, and the scary part was it all connected to the Republican Party in the Bush years. 

So am I the only one disturbed by what Anna was wearing in the picture with the bride? How do you wear that to a wedding? It looks like what you wear when all your good clothes are in the washer. Are those ugly, heavy, black shoes Anna’s fancy shoes? None of what she is wearing even matches, except for the white T-shirt that should not be worn at a wedding unless under a man’s shirt. I wonder if Anna found the woman in black’a dress to be immodest because even though it isn’t tight, you can tell she has hips. 

It’s interesting that Terri has more personality in her responses to the comments than she does when she actually writes a blog post. For some, she almost seemed normal. 

It was reminiscent of the kind outfit the girls used to wear at the conferences when they weren’t in frumpers. 

Some fundies do seem to dress quite casually at weddings. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived