IGNORED

The Niednagels' Brain Types System

Khendra

On 5/24/2022 at 6:29 PM, MamaJunebug said:

@Khendra, li’l momma!  All my best wishes!! 

Not that it’s a smidgen of my business, but have you had Little Bit baptized, LCMS-style?   Was your labor & delivery such that you’re planning on a sibling, or is he gonna be fine as a doted-upon only?  Again, you owe me no answer at all, but old lady that I am, I’m just too tickled by your news not to ask as the Q’s I usually blurt out in happy times!

My story with Junior Junebug #1: In labor, I grabbed the husband by the collar and hissed , “We are having an ONLY CHILD! GOT THAT?”

Approximately 3 hours later, post-delivery, I was doing mental math on how soon I could produce for the li’l miracle -  a sibling!!!! 

Blessings on all your long lives together! ❤️❤️❤️ 

Sorry for the late reply @MamaJunebug! Little guy is exciting and distracts me from the Internet very well :)

Little one was baptized Feb 27 at my local WELS (I left LCMS in 2020 and joined WELS that year). I got a DVD of the baptism from the church, too! 

I had to have a planned C section due to cephalopelvic disproportion, and also earlier than anticipated due to cholestasis. I got hospitalized a week after with a uterine infection, so it was rough...never got breastfeeding established, but LO has PKU, so he has to mostly be on specialized formula anyway, so losing the breastfeeding wasn't as bad as I initially feared. And thankfully his special PKU formula is not one that has been affected by the horrible recent shortage.

DH isn't leaning toward a sibling, so in all likelihood we will just have the one, but we haven't completely ruled it out yet...just strongly leaning that way.

Thanks again for your kindness and interest!

Edited by Khendra
  • Love 2

My word, dove, you have been THROUGH IT!!!  Thank you for sharing your story with me (us).  I’m keeping “Khendra and family” in all my prayers from here on!!! 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

• 4 months later...

Braintypes.com just reports mostly on dead people these days, or people they typed from long ago.

But Jordan Niednagel's site has this lunacy:

http://niednagel.com/

"There are many credible websites and platforms still free from censorship concerning the troubling times in which we live.  Since Big-Tech, the national media, and a segment of our US government have colluded to shut down any opposing views, sites such as this one are necessary to obtain a balance of the false doctrine promoted daily by the those in control.  After hearing from both sides, you be the one to decipher which seems most valid."

He starts out with both-sides-ism, something both conservatives and liberals actually hate to use these days.  I'd like give him the benefit of the doubt, but the rest of his page shows nothing of both-sides-ism.  Consider:

"America used to have sane discussions regarding opposing viewpoints, but those days are long gone.  With the recent government seeking to seize control over all voices, violating the US Constitution in dramatic ways, those still cherishing freedoms and the most basic human rights have been forced pursue journalism the old-fashioned way.  Our goal is to only establish truthful reality, regardless of how it impacts us all."

But Jordan Niednagel's Type, INFP/BCAR, isn't capable of truthful reality per his own system.  Brain Types always said that truthful reality was the realm of ST/EI, like Steve Kerr, BEIL/ISTJ...who is completely leftist on all issues from gun control to race issues.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Kerr

"We encourage all who still love our country, and its founding documents, to make your voices heard; if we don’t, we are all subject to significant oppression and totalitarian ways.  May Heaven bless you as you seek to honor its virtues, not subjective, ever-changing human standards—which ALWAYS end up in societal calamity. "

BTI has always said that subjective, ever-changing human standards are the preference of Jordan's and three related Brain Types, the __FPs __ARs.  Those are feeling, animate, right brain people, not thinking, inanimate, left brain objective people.  Hillary Clinton, Democrat, is typed as the inflexible, objective, FCIL/ENTJ.  So is Steve Kerr.  Yet she and Steve are leftists.  Who we rely on, then -- Jordan Niednagel and his subjective ever changing emotions, or Steve and Hillary and their objective, left brain consistency?  It would be Steve and Hillary based on his own institute's logic!

"Fortunately, freedom lovers have always found ways to keep the truth circulating among the discerning people in society.  So for starters, go to the website of  natural news.com.  It is loaded with information.   Not only will you find there scores of recent articles, and videos, but down near the bottom of their website, on the right side, is a list of roughly another 20 sites they recommend."

I'm not familiar with natural news dot com.  I will refrain on commenting pertaining this portion.

"Here is a highly recommended site that’s exposes the latest daily shenanigans of our government and Deep State—as well as local groups out to destroy Constitutional America. It’s called:  https://www.thegatewaypundit.com.  It’s definitely worth going there daily."

Deep state?  I don't think I've seen that phrase except for QAnon.  Yikes.

"Here’s a highly credible international media enterprise that goes to great lengths in reporting valid stories.  Leftist media is greatly threatened by larger conservative sites such as Epoch Times; here’s their site:  https://www.theepochtimes.com"

Conservative sites still exist, like Fox News.  This isn't anything new.

"Another site covers the infamous covid vax and all its dangerous side effects; this site is called chemicalviolence.com.    Another recommended site, among many others, is https://vaccineimpact.com."

Conservatives like Trump and Ben Carson support the covid vax.  Jordan Niednagel is oblivious to this, despite his support for Trump later in his site commentary. 

Trump's support of covid vax: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-booed-alabama-rally-after-telling-supporters-get-vaccinated-n1277404

Carson's support of covid vax: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2021/08/01/dr_ben_carson_the_delta_variant_is_very_contagious_but_it_is_not_very_virulent_or_powerful.html

Trump is the same type as Hillary Clinton, per BTI, so he would be objective and not subject to ever changing emotions.  Ben Carson is INTP/BCIR, another type that is dominant objective and not subject to changing emotions.  Look at both sides and determine, as Jordan said.  Seems like covid vax is fine after all, using that logic!

"Another site covering worldly matters is collapse.news"

Not familiar.  Refraining from comment.

"Here’s a recent and insightful article on Ukraine:
https://orientalreview.org/2022/03/05/evidence-that-ukraine-has-been-run-by-nazis-since-february-2014/"

My conservative Lutheran branch church, the WELS, has churches in Ukraine.  They aren't run by Nazis.  I take great offense at Jordan insinuating everyone in Ukraine is a bunch of Nazis who deserve attack by lunatic right brain Russian leader, Vladimir Putin, ENTP/FCIR, the Brain Type that Niednagel's own father hates the most.

"Here’s a short interview of an MD on an FDA oversight panel, and he says “NO” to the experimental and dangerous covid shots!
https://twitter.com/LeeLee317/status/1579571114577395713"

But Trump and Carson support the shots!  They are conservative and objective, inanimate, logical Brain Types, per Jordan's father's OWN SYSTEM.

"Enjoy this short clip of Biden gaffes at a recent trump rally:
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/10/epic-president-trump-runs-montage-joe-bidens-brainless-gaffes-crowd-chants-joes-got-go-video/"

He can't even capitalize Trump's own surname.

"These have been just a few of the many honest, informative sites.  Search for others, you’ll find them.  Whatever you do, do NOT trust what u hear on any TV program--national or local—since they are almost ALL owned by the elitists trying to take over our lives. To verify this, just look daily at how they cover conservative issues. Hopefully you have noticed by now that EVERY mention of President Trump is spun negatively, and EVERY mention of liberalism/ Leftism is positive!  Shockingly, the media distort every story and subject they cover—altering them to  further their quest for a One World Order.   Thankfully, whistleblowers and other insiders are willing to risk their lives to expose these falsehoods; we should support and thank them, to say the least."

I've already proved him wrong.  Trump and Carson support the vaccines.

Jordan loses his mind over "ineffective face diapers," denies the evidence of Trump and Carson supporting vaccines, shows no sympathy to Christians suffering in Ukraine, and forgets his OWN BT is incapable of logical reality per his own system.

Tired of this crap.

Consider this guy, as I've shown before, thinks Tom Cruise is a great moral leader simply because he's an ENFJ/FCAL Brain Type.  Never mind that Cruise is an anti-Christian Scientologist.

Edited by Khendra

• 9 months later...

2023, and BTI remains low-key, even lower-key than last year.  Jordan thankfully took the conspiracy stuff off his front page page, and it just redirects to his old blog now.

BTI articles still have a lot of tributes to dead people or people they typed from long ago, but there also have been a few on current tennis and baseball players, and one on Joel Embiid, which had a few types of recent NBA MVP players.

But I don't know anyone though who is interested in/even knows about BTs anymore, and Jon Niednagel is very elderly, so he hasn't made the news in years.

Jeremy still runs the alternate Beyond Personality site, from what I can tell.  I'm not sure what kind of vision he has for the type system in the future.  I think he might still be writing a book, but not sure of his audience?

In some ways, BTI's lack of influence these days isn't surprising, even accounting for JN's advanced age.  In today's social climate, I don't see as many people caring about what type they are in personality or brain systems as I used to.  We have a much more collectivist society now than we did in the 1990s, 2000s, even 2010s.  People seek those of similar political affiliation, sex/gender, and race/ethnicity; individual identifiers separate from those are considered much less important (sadly, this includes faith/religion; just look at what Russell Moore said about how Jesus' actual Words in the Bible are now considered "weak leftist talking points" in many far right circles, or just look at the conservative subReddit, which is very anti-religion and where the majority recently argued that conservative ideology should outright abandon and replace Christianity).  When I consider how Alex Jones and Barack Obama are the same type in BTI's system, I can see why it's just not that interesting to people anymore.  The common "FCIR" type they say makes up 50% of the populace, can apparently be anyone from a Right Wing conspiracy type to the first Black President.  BTI used to say inborn type dictated about 60% of behavior while environment dictated the remaining 40%, but I dunno about that anymore.

On 8/15/2023 at 10:38 AM, Khendra said:

When I consider how Alex Jones and Barack Obama are the same type in BTI's system, I can see why it's just not that interesting to people anymore.  The common "FCIR" type they say makes up 50% of the populace, can apparently be anyone from a Right Wing conspiracy type to the first Black President.  BTI used to say inborn type dictated about 60% of behavior while environment dictated the remaining 40%, but I dunno about that anymore.

Ooof. Yeah, I can see how such varied people having the same type might make the type system seem essentially useless. Like, what is the point of it, if it's THAT generalized?

I also, knowing little about this whole thing beyond your (very informative!) posts here, think there might be another element contributing to the lack of interest there. It seems that this particular "brain typing" system seems to lean toward the religious and conservative, and is generally right leaning?

I feel like generally people who are interested in that sort of personality analysis and typing and such tend to lean the opposite direction, from what I've seen. That sort of thing (like enneagrams) might appeal to the evangelicals who are into "woo" type things, but any association with religion that doesn't 100% match where they are now is going to turn them off. And many of the rest of the sort of people likely to be interested in that sort of typing of personality are going to be the sort who lean pagan or agnostic or follow a non-Christian religion. And those people often lean left, politically, and are suspicious of conservative ideology. 

It's a fascinating concept, as any sort of personality typing tends to be, but it seems to be done in such a way that it's guaranteed to be losing it's audience as the world progresses on. 

• Upvote 2

On 8/21/2023 at 9:31 AM, Alisamer said:

Ooof. Yeah, I can see how such varied people having the same type might make the type system seem essentially useless. Like, what is the point of it, if it's THAT generalized?

I also, knowing little about this whole thing beyond your (very informative!) posts here, think there might be another element contributing to the lack of interest there. It seems that this particular "brain typing" system seems to lean toward the religious and conservative, and is generally right leaning?

I feel like generally people who are interested in that sort of personality analysis and typing and such tend to lean the opposite direction, from what I've seen. That sort of thing (like enneagrams) might appeal to the evangelicals who are into "woo" type things, but any association with religion that doesn't 100% match where they are now is going to turn them off. And many of the rest of the sort of people likely to be interested in that sort of typing of personality are going to be the sort who lean pagan or agnostic or follow a non-Christian religion. And those people often lean left, politically, and are suspicious of conservative ideology. 

It's a fascinating concept, as any sort of personality typing tends to be, but it seems to be done in such a way that it's guaranteed to be losing it's audience as the world progresses on. 

Yes, the Niednagels are religious and conservative.

I *do* think -- especially in the last ten or so years -- that their system has lost an audience because of how much our culture and politics have changed since then.

I think Niednagel's biggest error was he underestimated how much behavior is dictated by environment, as opposed to genetics (the latter being his primary emphasis of study and application).

He *did* acknowledge that FCIR/ENTP -- the type he says makes up about half of all Americans -- is more influenced by their environment than any other type.  But he also insists that we're about 60% nature, 40% nurture -- and perhaps most inaccurate of all, he used to insist that FCIR/ENTP was prone to seeing "both sides" of arguments, or think in terms of "gray" rather than black and white, because of their "right brain" NATURE.

Well, he would be astonished to read most political discourse on the Internet in the last few years!

If there's one argument that seemingly everyone on the Internet hates more than ever, it's "both sides-ism," or perception of false equivalence.

People are more "black and white" in their thinking than I can ever remember in my lifetime!

Did people stop becoming FCIR/ENTP?  Or did Niednagel make an incorrect extrapolation here?

It was fashionable 10, 20, or 30 years ago to be a centrist, or to try and see both sides of arguments.

But people are downvoted to oblivion on sites like Reddit, etc. if that's done now.

Obviously it's not "nature" that made FCIR/ENTP seem to think in "gray" or "both sides" 10, 20, and 30 years ago.  Because they certainly don't tend to think that way now!

Edited by Khendra
  • Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, Khendra said:

Yes, the Niednagels are religious and conservative.

I *do* think -- especially in the last ten or so years -- that their system has lost an audience because of how much our culture and politics have changed since then.

I think Niednagel's biggest error was he underestimated how much behavior is dictated by environment, as opposed to genetics (the latter being his primary emphasis of study and application).

He *did* acknowledge that FCIR/ENTP -- the type he says makes up about half of all Americans -- is more influenced by their environment than any other type.  But he also insists that we're about 60% nature, 40% nurture -- and perhaps most inaccurate of all, he used to insist that FCIR/ENTP was prone to seeing "both sides" of arguments, or think in terms of "gray" rather than black and white, because of their "right brain" NATURE.

Well, he would be astonished to read most political discourse on the Internet in the last few years!

If there's one argument that seemingly everyone on the Internet hates more than ever, it's "both sides-ism," or perception of false equivalence.

People are more "black and white" in their thinking than I can ever remember in my lifetime!

Did people stop becoming FCIR/ENTP?  Or did Niednagel make an incorrect extrapolation here?

It was fashionable 10, 20, or 30 years ago to be a centrist, or to try and see both sides of arguments.

But people are downvoted to oblivion on sites like Reddit, etc. if that's done now.

Obviously it's not "nature" that made FCIR/ENTP seem to think in "gray" or "both sides" 10, 20, and 30 years ago.  Because they certainly don't tend to think that way now!

On 8/21/2023 at 7:31 AM, Alisamer said:

Well, personality typing (including Myers-Briggs) does not hold up to research. I would be kicked out of court if I tried to introduce any kind of typing system (or lie detector testing, for that matter).

So, yes, it makes sense that categorical types of personality schemes tend to be adopted by anti-science people.

What has held up to research: personality traits that fall along dimensions such as the Big-5 (or 8 or 15, depending on how you break it down).

Take the trait of introversion/extroversion. Most people fall somewhere in the middle and are introverted some of the time and extroverted at other times. People may be more one than the other, but are not really all of one and none of the other.

• Upvote 5

56 minutes ago, noseybutt said:

So, yes, it makes sense that categorical types of personality schemes tend to be adopted by anti-science people.

I think there are probably a lot of people who are interested in that sort of typing on a lighter level - along the lines of the quizzes that pop up everywhere online, or being sorted like in Harry Potter. It's just kind of a fun thing, a way to either say "wow, that's strangely accurate" or "wow, that's super off base, isn't it?" or otherwise just an amusement.

But I agree the people who are most likely to be more strongly into that are probably in or near that strange place where fundamentalist/evangelical woo adopters and the crunchiest of granola hippie types both land. It's like the spectrum is really a circle, and that's a strange spot that's just either side of where the opposite ends touch.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

• 4 months later...

Happy new year FJ, and I have some surprising updates on Jordan Niednagel!

Looks like Jordan removed his blog again, but instead of putting political conspiracies on his front page, this time it looks like he's espousing a form of Messianic Judaism (!?):

http://niednagel.com/

Lots of criticism of modern Christianity, an emphasis on calling the Messiah "Yeshua" instead of Jesus, an emphasis on trying to be more like the early church, and references to people like this guy, Andrew Gabriel Roth, who has the following web site:

https://onefaithonepeopleministries.com/

Whatever this may be, it definitely looks like a major departure from his previous Reformed/Calvinist background.  CREC doesn't teach this kind of stuff, does it?  Is anyone familiar with these kinds of teachings?

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

So he has become even MORE insufferable? How is that possible?

• Upvote 3

I'm sure Talmudic scholars are super impressed by fundies "discovering" the Talmud and becoming insta-experts on interpretation! 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

So I played the 30 minute summary mp3 last night.

I'm about 95% sure that's his father, the Brain Type guy Jon Niednagel himself, speaking.

Sounds VERY much like his voice.  So then Jordan looks to be using/allowing his niednagel.com and trueauthority.com domains for his dad's revised theology, apparently.  Looks like most of the mp3s were uploaded last year, between December 2022 and January 2023.

Based on the summary mp3 (I did listen to that one in its entirety), it sounds like Father Niednagel now believes most modern Christianity (seemingly Calvinism included) is actually wrong because they use pagan names for Yahweh and Yeshua.  Note that one of the headlines on the site is titled 'It’s Yeshua, Not Jesus, and Why it’s Mandated Biblically.'

If I understood his summary correctly, he now believes these are the most important things to understand to follow the true narrow path of salvation.  And that if we don't repent of misnaming Yahweh and Yeshua, we're pagan cultists, which is what he believes most Christians have been since the end of the 1st century when the pagan names of God and Jesus began to replace Yahweh and Yeshua.

Beyond the extreme theological implications of these claims, I notice JN is doing the following:

1) Admitting he may have actually been wrong about something for a very long time (this kind of theology wouldn't seem to make much allowance for the Calvinism he once espoused, as Calvinism emerged not long after Luther, and Calvinists refer to Yahweh as God and to Yeshua as Jesus),

and

2) Claiming he now, once again, is nonetheless one of the few who can correctly analyze and understand The Grand Truth about Reality itself.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

So Jordan & Melissa have become fake Jews? Their social media (mostly Melissaʻs posts) doesn't look like it - no head coverings for the women or elaborate Shabbos dinners. If they did become fake Jews, I wonder what Pa & Ma Thomas think about it.

Judging from IG photos taken in Nov 2022, Jon Niednagel looks pretty frail, as though heʻd been very ill. Perhaps this caused him to rethink his religious beliefs.

Nov2022_JordanJonNiednagel.thumb.jpg.5935ca238e4b2fda5d59a28ed5780ccc.jpg

• Thank You 1

36 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

So Jordan & Melissa have become fake Jews? Their social media (mostly Melissaʻs posts) doesn't look like it - no head coverings for the women or elaborate Shabbos dinners. If they did become fake Jews, I wonder what Pa & Ma Thomas think about it.

Judging from IG photos taken in Nov 2022, Jon Niednagel looks pretty frail, as though heʻd been very ill. Perhaps this caused him to rethink his religious beliefs.

Nov2022_JordanJonNiednagel.thumb.jpg.5935ca238e4b2fda5d59a28ed5780ccc.jpg

I do know he's had health issues for the past decade or more.  He started to become ill around the time he was planning to release more Brain Types books on specific topics in the 2010s.  For awhile, I didn't think he was going to make it this far.  So yeah, I'm sure he's contemplating his mortality a lot these days, and so it's not surprising he now wants to make sure he thinks he's gotten faith right.

To be completely fair, I'm glad he realizes there are shortcomings to what he believed for many years.  I think most of us get to the point where we realized we got things wrong in the past.  I even agree in part with the conclusion that much of Christianity these days is, in fact, cultic, and one can make a good case that much of it has been bad or wrongly interpreted throughout history.

That said, a wrong name or appellation?  That's the biggest thing?  That actually seems way too easy, even if it's obscure.  I'll explain.

The Messiah taught a great many things.  In essence, His teachings were ultimately quite simple, yet most are extremely challenging for us to follow.  Yes, the gate is narrow, but I think it's more than just getting the Almighty's name wrong through the ages.  What's considerably harder than doing a textual dig for the seemingly correct name?  Loving your enemies.  No one does THAT well.  I think that's actually Jesus' hardest commandment.  Moreover, no one can do that by their pride and will alone.  A person could be prideful enough to think they're part of a special small group that carefully sifted through some documents and books until they found some great secret theological name for Yahweh that's been somewhat buried through the ages.  But loving one's enemies?  A look at human history, and I think that's probably the most difficult thing there is.  The narrowest gate?  Doing the thing that Yeshua clearly commanded, and yet the thing humanity has shown itself almost completely incapable of doing.

• Upvote 1

I think I finally figured out what their new belief system is called.  Looks like they follow what's known as Yahwism:

https://www.gotquestions.org/Yahwism-Yahwist.html

"The name comes from the covenant name for God, Yahweh (YHWH), and it is the only name for God that modern Yahwism accepts as biblical. Yahwists reject the names God, Jehovah, and Lord as being pagan in origin. They call Jesus 'Yahshua.'"

...Anyone who calls God by a name other than 'Yahweh' (such as 'God') or who accepts the oral tradition of the Jews is not a True Israelite and has bought into a false religion. According to Yahwism, Christianity and most versions of Judaism are false religions."

In keeping with niednagel.com's statement about the narrow path and that salvation is allegedly not about pagan-named Jesus, there's also this:

"Yahwism teaches that salvation only comes through keeping Yahweh’s covenant in the Torah faithfully."

The conservative Calvinists at gotquestions.org aren't swayed by Yahwism, saying this in their final paragraph on the topic:

"Yahwism relies on a works-based salvation: if one returns to a proper keeping of Yahweh’s commandments, he can enter into the covenant with Israel, become a “True Israelite,” and be made an heir of eternal life."

I will say that, of all the things I could've expected from the Niednagels, this wasn't near the top of my list, as I'd never really heard of this belief system before to my knowledge -- but then again, it seems like they traded one very works-based and dogmatic system for another.  Just a more obscure one, which would make sense for a family who believes they are very rare Brain Types with deeper insights than the masses.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Khendra said:

it seems like they traded one very works-based and dogmatic system for another.  Just a more obscure one, which would make sense for a family who believes they are very rare Brain Types with deeper insights than the masses.

This hits the nail on the head. 

Jon Niednagel has made a lot of money on his Brain Type nonsense over the years and itʻs clear that his kids, living in their palatial country homes in Missouri, have benefitted greatly. AFAIK, neither Jordan nor his brother Jeremy have gone to college but just stepped into Daddyʻs business. They are very successful con men.  

Found this article debunking Brain Typing:

Jonathan P. Niednagel has a bachelor’s degree in Business Finance from California State University, Long Beach. Although born and raised in Missouri, he attended college and lived in Southern California for about 20 years during that area’s real estate boom. He made money in real estate and left that business before the real estate market caved (Niednagel, 2002). His also worked as a commodities broker during this time. He loves to fish and is proud of his personal stance as a born-again Christian. Eventually, Mr. Niednagel began developing his entrepreneurial skills through marketing positive thinking material and promoting multilevel marketing[.]

• Upvote 2

I noticed JN is still having Jordan write BT articles on braintypes.com

Yet if all we need to do is go back to 1st century Yahwism, who needs Brain Types?  Why do they continue to bother with it if it has nothing to do with the careful scrutiny needed for salvation?  Nothing of the sort of "Brain Types" had even been remotely systemized by anyone in those 1st century Bible days.

• Upvote 1

On 1/10/2024 at 6:20 PM, Khendra said:

I think I finally figured out what their new belief system is called.  Looks like they follow what's known as Yahwism:

https://www.gotquestions.org/Yahwism-Yahwist.html

Wow, that's pretty interesting. And it seems a big leap to go from "born again Christian" to this:

Yahwism teaches that Yahshua (Jesus) honored the Torah and was a true teacher of Yahwism, but He was not divine in any way and did not die for anyone’s sins. Yahwism teaches that salvation only comes through keeping Yahweh’s covenant in the Torah faithfully.

And also rejecting most of the New Testament.

Although I'm personally down with rejecting Paul. I think he was a misogynistic douche who somehow managed to convince people he spoke for Jesus. 

What I kind of don't get is the emphasis on the name thing. Like, different languages have different names, that's not pagan, that's just languages doing what languages do. Do they also insist on reading the Torah in the oldest available closest-to-original version, or do they use a translation? 

Especially considering that I would NOT be surprised if these were the same sort of people to have hissy fits and refuse to use people's preferred names if that person happened to be trans or something.

God, excuse me, Yahweh gets to pick his preferred name and send people to hell for using nicknames or translations? Does God have preferred pronouns as well? 

It sounds like standard fundie "follow the get-into-heaven checklist" style dogma, but with added Jewish appropriation. And perhaps dumping the "pretend it's not works based salvation" aspect.

More and more I get the impression that these types of people - church founders, fundie "my way is correct" types, etc - just desperately desperately want to be ~*Special*~ somehow. 

They're not. People are just people. IMO. Everyone is special in their own way meaning no one is super preciously special and more important. 

• Thank You 2

Yes, desperately want to be special...and authoritative on absolute truth.

JN has long believed he is specially wired to do deeper scrutiny than the masses, as he considers himself BEIL rather than the common FCIR type, which he believes morphs things more than he does.  So of course he starts with that in promoting his new beliefs, which he insists is based on the deepest scrutiny of Scripture rather than man's morphed teachings ... and yet he then jumps right in and recommends books by guys like Roth and Koster, everyday men, not writers of the Bible.

I'm continuing to do research on these guys and their teachings, as well as those who oppose it.  Here's an account of one who went deep into the rabbit hole of Yahwism/Sacred Name movement:

http://christianchallenge.org/ask/sacrednames.html

Some of the Amazon reviews of Koster's book are also very telling.

Salvation is not a complex straining of gnats that only a few special scrutinizers can achieve.  It's narrow because there's only one Messiah, not because it takes specially scrutinized minds to tease out some ancient name mystery.

When one always starts with oneself and believes one to have greater powers, insights, and analytic abilities than almost everyone else, every rabbit hole that follows will naturally start with the ultimately circular and self-promoting "this is true because I did great scrutiny and don't morph things like almost everyone else does, therefore what I teach is correct."

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Oh wow, Jordan deleted his dad's stuff from his page yesterday.  Jordan brought back the main menu from his old page, so that's at the start of it now rather than his dad's stuff or his blog.

It appears Jordan is still allowing his dad to post stuff on his TrueAuthority.com site, however.  In fact, a new file about Charismatic faith healing is now linked there.

I didn't click that one, but based on my past readings of what JN wrote, I doubt he believes in Charismatic faith healing; he was critical of it on one of BTI's old web links, IIRC.  In that respect, I definitely agree with him.  I remember my mom and dad were swayed by Benny Hinn's nonsense on TBN in the 1990s and believed in it, but I don't.  I think 99% or more of Charismatic faith healing stuff is dramatic acting by charlatans.  My mom went to the grave thinking her COPD would be healed, but it wasn't.

All that said, not sure what JN thinks his audience is at this point, or why he's promoting all these views on one of his son's pages.  Since they were Calvinists in the past, it's not like there would be many people they know who would buy into Charismatic teachings anyway.  The only things Calvinists and Charismatics have in common is Christianity and conservatism; they're otherwise extremely different types of approaches and draw very different types of people into their groups.  So he's more or less preaching to the choir there, unless for some reason Jordan's True Authority page generates lots of interest from Charismatics.  I remember the True Authority page was once Jordan's site for creationism many years ago.

• Upvote 1