IGNORED

The Niednagels' Brain Types System

Khendra

16 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

All this "brain-typing" stuff sounds like some serious bologna and cheese. I've never done my Meyers--Briggs and never will. 

From my look at it, I'm pretty sure it is. Reminds me of Gothard's spiritual gift levels. 

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, formergothardite said:

From my look at it, I'm pretty sure it is. Reminds me of Gothard's spiritual gift levels. 

I’ll risk a little topic drift because I’m sure it won’t go too far — @formergothardite, can you give us a brief description of these levels?  TIA!!

BTW, before anything else, I’m reminded of the Scruoture statement that in Christ there is neither slave nor free, male nor female — but your deceptively friendly neighborhood cultist is happy to teach you otherwise (to his benefit)!

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

6 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

I’ll risk a little topic drift because I’m sure it won’t go too far — @formergothardite, can you give us a brief description of these levels?  TIA!!

If each of the seven motivational gifts were represented in a family and someone dropped the dessert on the floor, here is what each one might say and why they would say it.

PROPHET: “That’s what happens when you’re not careful!” (Motivation: To correct the problem)

SERVER: “Oh, let me help you clean it up.” (Motivation: To fulfill a need)

TEACHER: “The reason that it fell is that it was too heavy on one side.” (Motivation: To discover why it happened)

EXHORTER: “Next time, let’s serve the dessert with the meal.” (Motivation: To correct the problem)

GIVER: “I’ll be happy to buy a new dessert.” (Motivation: To give to a tangible need)

ORGANIZER: “Jim, would you get the mop. Sue, please help pick it up; and Mary, help me fix another dessert.” (Motivation: To achieve the immediate goal of the group)

MERCY: “Don’t feel badly. It could have happened to anyone.” (Motivation: To relieve embarrassment)

http://lifeinconflict.blogspot.com/2008/12/spiritual-gifts-pt15-pinpointing-your.html

The end result was that if people were mean they could just shrug and say "I'm a prophet." or "I'm an exhorter" I found that mercies were looked down on a bit for being weak and putting up with evil. When I took the test my results were unclear but they stuck me as a mercy. The test told you which sort of person you were supposed to marry too. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 1

20 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

http://lifeinconflict.blogspot.com/2008/12/spiritual-gifts-pt15-pinpointing-your.html

The end result was that if people were mean they could just shrug and say "I'm a prophet." or "I'm an exhorter" I found that mercies were looked down on a bit for being weak and putting up with evil. When I took the test my results were unclear but they stuck me as a mercy. The test told you which sort of person you were supposed to marry too. 

I feel as though anyone could be any one of these, given the situation. Especially working with children, going through each of these was basically my day, depending on each child's need. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

5 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I feel as though anyone could be any one of these, given the situation. Especially working with children, going through each of these was basically my day, depending on each child's need. 

So...kinda like fortune cookie fortunes? ;-)

5 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Holy criminittly!!!  The very first part describes the “gifts” in terms of their shortcomings!

Talk about cult control! Your gifts make you Fallible and culpable! What the ever-lovin’ HECK?!

I’ve yet to read Khendra’s essay on the BTs but I’m going to, far easier than reading Jon Niednagel’s blather about them, I’m sure.

I won’t be a bit surprised if the BTs, like GotHard’s “gifts,” point out people’s flaws, especially vis-à-vis some perfect paragon like, oh I don’t know, Jon Niednagel, perhaps?

Sheesh, that Gothard crap. Be lucky if it doesn’t give me nightmares! Thank you, @formergothardite, and please know I have renewed respect for you for getting out with your sanity intact!

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

I won’t be a bit surprised if the BTs, like GotHard’s “gifts,” point out people’s flaws, especially vis-à-vis some perfect paragon like, oh I don’t know, Jon Niednagel, perhaps?

Yep.  From 2012 onward, pointing out other type's flaws (especially the 50% generic ENTP/FCIR), while constantly referring to his own ISTJ/BEIL type's greatness (and the closely related type, ISFJ/BEAL), was pretty much his MO.

Wow.  Just wow.

@Khendra, I have to admit that reading this gave me some of the buggiest-eyed, mouth-agape moments in the past few weeks - and that's saying something.

Before I forget, cracked me up to know that JN puts our Martin Luther in with "evil manipulative Hollywood lawyers who started evolution"-- and that's after I stopped giggling about Hollywood lawyers starting evolution.  

Man! The Niednagel world is black-and-white to an astonishing degree!  A few disasters shy of fencing in the SWMissouri acreage and starting a true cult.  No wonder Jordan was so hard upon a fundie escapee couple who eloped, ranting that a wedding without the bridal couple's father as officiant was a slap in the face of Christendom.

(Not to go off-topic, but Jordan & Meliss's wedding was, to me, a fine cosplay event but darned if I read any reports of Christ being honored.  What a stodgy old Lutheran I am!)

Your essays have helped me see from whence the prancing prince of BT gets his sniveling devotion to his dad: JN sounds like MISERY incarnate, and then for that to be a kid's dad?  Woe betide.

I'm a total fan of Mayim Bialik, Ph.D., and would love to see her response to Jn!

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Khendra said:

Yep.  From 2012 onward, pointing out other type's flaws (especially the 50% generic ENTP/FCIR), while constantly referring to his own ISTJ/BEIL type's greatness (and the closely related type, ISFJ/BEAL), was pretty much his MO.

So, when Jordan blithely describes his kids with letters, is he generally lauding them, or condemning them to the throes of the great unwashed 50%?  Also -  When Jordan  types a kid at their current, tender years, does he therefore believe that this is the child's BT for life?  Can a person's BT change?

I can't remember who he's called what, but it would gripe me even if I liked Jordan.  Big Daddy JB was a great man, but he did have an unfortunate habit of telling me who and what I was like, when I displeased him.  He'd scoff, "You're like your Aunt Patty, hair-trigger temper!" when he didn't realize that I had kept my temper for a long time before losing it, usually on a pestering younger sibling.  

OH, BTW, I meant to compliment you on your question (paraphrasing) in re: some of JN's shtick: "If personality doesn't come from the brain, then where?"   

Also also - we've wondered on here about exactly how stinking rich JN is.  Will Jordan and Jeremy have to get real jobs once JN flies up to Calvinland and there's no one to sell BT to the NBA?  I'm presuming the bounty isn't sufficient to support the grandkids once they are graduated from the SOTDRT, but who knows?

Edited by MamaJunebug
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, MamaJunebug said:

So, when Jordan blithely describes his kids with letters, is he generally lauding them, or condemning them to the throes of the great unwashed 50%?  Also -  When Jordan  types a kid at their current, tender years, does he therefore believe that this is the child's BT for life?  Can a person's BT change?

I can't remember who he's called what, but it would gripe me even if I liked Jordan.  Big Daddy JB was a great man, but he did have an unfortunate habit of telling me who and what I was like, when I displeased him.  He'd scoff, "You're like your Aunt Patty, hair-trigger temper!" when he didn't realize that I had kept my temper for a long time before losing it, usually on a pestering younger sibling.  

OH, BTW, I meant to compliment you on your question (paraphrasing) in re: some of JN's shtick: "If personality doesn't come from the brain, then where?"   

Also also - we've wondered on here about exactly how stinking rich JN is.  Will Jordan and Jeremy have to get real jobs once JN flies up to Calvinland and there's no one to sell BT to the NBA?  I'm presuming the bounty isn't sufficient to support the grandkids once they are graduated from the SOTDRT, but who knows?

Jordan has conflicted feelings on his children and their types.  They are definitely NOT the BTs that the Niednagels themselves favor and show partiality toward.  I know that his eldest son is the generic FCIR/ENTP, while his second son and daughter are FCAR/ENFPs.  Daddy Niednagel taught him that the two FC_R types are generally excessively extroverted and spontaneous, and cannot handle reality (unlike the lauded, godly BEAL/ISFJ and BEIL/ISTJ, which are those types' respective polar opposites), so BTI spoke of the loud and bad manners of the FCAR/ENFP children at the dinner table in one of their recent articles -- and of course I've explained already that FCIR/ENTP is slammed regularly on their web site.  I'm sure they are disappointed in the genetics of such children -- at least for the most part.  At times, Jordan admitted he is jealous of FCIR/ENTP's worldly success and talents, and has said he wishes he could be that type for those success reasons -- but he's also smugly proud of the fact that he's more moral than that type (Daddy Niednagel may think Jordan's BCAR/INFP type can be emotionally immature at times, but he also swelled Jordan's head by telling him that Moses of the Bible was that type, and of course there's always the smugness of being a "rare type," which they say BCAR/INFP is, and not like the unwashed generic common 50% FCIR/ENTP masses).

They do believe type is fixed from birth and cannot change.  They think it can only change epigenetically in the womb, IIRC (the identical twin Jason and Jarron Collins former NBA players have separate types despite the same genetics, and they said that was bc of epigenetics).

And I honestly have no idea what will happen to them once JN passes, which seems like it will be fairly soon given his health (I sometimes wonder if his health is part of the reason he's gotten increasingly fanatical about type in recent years, sad to say).  They are not forward-thinking, future-planning people, and they've had complete lack of success in appealing to the scientific community (it's only the sports world where they haven't burned all their bridges), so it wouldn't entirely surprise me if BTs fade into obscurity.  I get the impression that Jeremy in particular, who is allegedly his dad's same BEIL/ISTJ type, nonetheless thinks there's much more to type than just the 16 generic categories, so maybe he could keep it going, and in a better direction.  He was also the only one who actually tried to listen when I explained to him why I and other close associates didn't think that FCIR/ENTP was my best fit (Jordan and Daddy JN were vehement and dogmatic that I was FCIR/ENTP).

Again, I do think there might be some merit to the system, which is why I studied it for years -- but it needs to be handled MUCH less heavy-handedly, and at a more collaborative level, so that it's not just one guy continually making autocratic, doctrinaire, self-promoting, and grandiose claims about it.  Hard telling if JN didn't alienate everyone in his final years though.  I guess we'll find out in the coming days if BTI indeed survives.

Edited by Khendra
  • Thank You 2

3 hours ago, Khendra said:

They do believe type is fixed from birth and cannot change.  They think it can only change epigenetically in the womb, IIRC (the identical twin Jason and Jarron Collins former NBA players have separate types despite the same genetics, and they said that was bc of epigenetics).

Re: bolded. This is complete, unmitigated nonsense. It is a pack of lies. It is utter bullshit. There is NO scientific or evidentiary basis to this crap. 

It would be good for everyone if this scam died with JN. It would be even better if the BrainTypes company/Niednagels were sued for practicing psychology or medicine without a license & forced to cough up their considerable earnings to pay any damages or settlements to those who were negatively affected by this crap.

Disgusting.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

2 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Re: bolded. This is complete, unmitigated nonsense. It is a pack of lies. It is utter bullshit. There is NO scientific or evidentiary basis to this crap. 

It would be good for everyone if this scam died with JN. It would be even better if the BrainTypes company/Niednagels were sued for practicing psychology or medicine without a license & forced to cough up their considerable earnings to pay any damages or settlements to those who were negatively affected by this crap.

Disgusting.

Its slow death started when JN came out with "stats" where he crammed 3.5 billion people into the same ENTP/FCIR category, claimed that seeming differences among ENTP/FCIR were "personality"-related rather than "Brain Type"-related, insisted that he's the only person who is able to understand these things, and then proceeded to judge the collective ENTP/FCIR morality as "less" than his favorite types, his own of course (ISTJ/BEIL) and the related ISFJ/BEAL.  This was all in the 2010s era after he developed his health issue.  None of my family or friends exhibited much of any interest in it beyond that point.  How can one find deep neuroscientific meaning in a system where 3.5 billion people are supposedly wired the same?  And again, where is this in the Bible?  If it were as spiritually and morally significant as JN thinks it is, God would have had the Bible authors say something about it.  Not even the vaunted John Calvin himself noticed it!  ;)

Edited by Khendra
  • Upvote 2

Forgot to address the settlements, etc.  I don't think anything like that could be done though because it's an offshoot of Myers-Briggs, which also has led people down some weird psychological obsessiveness, but you can't really quantify that sort of thing per se -- only see its ramifications from a more abstract distance.  Pretty much every MBTI community I ever participated in years ago had 30,000 thread variations on how stupid all the Sensing types allegedly were, and how special and alienated they felt as the supposedly 'rare' introverted intuitive types.  Example article on this sort of silliness that I observed all the time:

https://thoughtcatalog.com/heidi-priebe/2016/03/7-reasons-why-the-mbti-community-is-dominated-by-intuitives/

BTI is just the same MBTI pridefulness dressed in motor skill and neuroscience jargon, and with Niednagel turning the tables and saying the Sensing types are rarer, and better in many ways than the intuitive types because their brains supposedly see reality, whereas intuitive brains (especially intuitive right brains) are said to imagine and distort.

Edited by Khendra
adding MBTI link
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Khendra said:

If it were as spiritually and morally significant as JN thinks it is, God would have had the Bible authors say something about it.  Not even the vaunted John Calvin himself noticed it!  ;)

Excellent points. So, we have a "system" that is devoid of spiritual and scientific value.

Kind of makes the oh-so-godly Niednagels and their ilk look pretty bad. They probably don't care though as long as the $$$ continue to roll in.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

• 1 month later...

I don't have many places to cope with my excessive knowledge of the Brain Type system, so hi again.  Aspie is going to her little safe space here to obsess over the implications of what the Niednagelites have contended for a number of years.  :p

Anyway, I've mentioned this Kevin Love dude before.  He's my favorite basketball player (along with Russell Westbrook).  Off the court, he's been bothersome to me because he's too handsome and likes to flaunt himself in the modeling industry, causing ladies everywhere to drool and drown in puddles of evil carnal lust.  This year, however, he did something different off the court -- he has come out (and continues to come out) in support of mental health awareness, which surprised me because Brain Types has always said he's ISTP/BEIR, a type that they say doesn't ever seek out counseling for mental health issues.  An article and interview from this month below:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24382693/jackie-macmullan-kevin-love-paul-pierce-state-mental-health-nba

Love may have not wanted to seek out counseling initially, but apparently his mental health issues got severe enough that he finally did.  This is another reminder of the lack of predictive exactness of Brain Typing -- they can say this type does or doesn't do this or that, but environment has a way of ensuring that we aren't robots perpetually stuck in stereotypical categories.

You all might go and check out his article on Players Tribune from March.  It's very well-written (ISTPs are supposed to struggle with literacy, so maybe BTI would contend that Love had an editor or ghostwriter, lol), and it helped me look at him more as a vulnerable human being with a full spirit and soul, and not just a basketball player I like to watch, or a sex object that I shouldn't watch for my moral health.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/kevin-love-everyone-is-going-through-something

• Upvote 1

Thanks for sharing this, @Khendra. Part of what bothers me about the Niednagels' brain typing system is the way it was marketed to teams as a way to study, evaluate, and control athletes, rather than empowering athletes to understand themselves. Athletes are people! They deserve insights into their own psychology and health that are science-based, including mental health care when needed. I'm glad to see that Kevin Love is helping chip away at mental health stigma by being open about seeking treatment.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, SusanAtTheLastBattle said:

Thanks for sharing this, @Khendra. Part of what bothers me about the Niednagels' brain typing system is the way it was marketed to teams as a way to study, evaluate, and control athletes, rather than empowering athletes to understand themselves. Athletes are people! They deserve insights into their own psychology and health that are science-based, including mental health care when needed. I'm glad to see that Kevin Love is helping chip away at mental health stigma by being open about seeking treatment.

I got the sense that BTI tried to market from both directions depending on how the situation.  He'd deal with athletes both one-on-one, and within the context of giving coaches and management guys like Danny Ainge control over how to organize a team based on players' types and their interactions with each other.  JN also came out with books about BT to try and aid people in self-understanding, but given that JN now says that 50% of all people are ENTP/FCIR, and only about a fraction of these type themselves correctly, the books clearly can't help much.  JN now says that he's one of few who can deduce logical reality, and so everyone needs JN's assistance to type themselves properly, especially those who are ENTP/FCIR or similar type and keep picking the wrong types.

The problem I have with this again goes back to the first page.  50% or more of people having a given type is simply a massive issue in and of itself.  I've been in a variety of academic and employment settings, and I can tell you that my brain does NOT process matters similarly to the average person (every other one whom would be an FCIR/ENTP, per their stats).  Yet JN insisted I was one of these generic FCIR/ENTPs, and that the only differences among FCIR/ENTP are personality-related rather than brain-related (he says FCIR/ENTP are "actors" and take on random personae rather than exhibit true brain-based differences).  There is nothing more irritating than to continually have friendship, employment, and communication issues, only for some so-called "expert" to accuse you of taking on an acting persona.  Jeremy is the only one at BTI who listened when I wrote a treatise (over 30 items) detailing the differences in how I learn and process information, vs. how they describe FCIR/ENTP as processing information.  The rest just gave the dismissive "oh you just have a different personality than the typical Hollywood ENTP" spiel, not bothering to answer each of my points analytically.

The fact that several of their ENTP/FCIR followers, openly mocked and insulted me for being "excessively analytic," should have been proof enough for them.  But they don't like to be told they could be wrong.  Such is the case when one man thinks he is the only one with the answers, and won't take input from other people who he thinks can't analyze reality the special way he does.

• WTF 1

http://archive.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2005/02/06/brain_sell?pg=full

^ This is by far the most objective article on Niednagel and Brain Types.  This was written back in 2005 back when he hadn't quite gone off the deep end yet, but you can see the signs in some of his hyperbolic comments (multi-billion industry, transcends race and creed, etc.).  He really should have just stuck to sports and helping athletes, and I guess the occasional ESTP Mormon salesman.  By isolating himself from outside input, and becoming obsessed with writing critical treatises against the way the generic 50% ENTP/FCIR people allegedly process information, he only contributed further to people's suspicions that his system and methodology are strange indeed.  You don't see Steve Kerr writing some of the stuff JN has in recent years.

• 2 weeks later...

The BTI web site crashed yet again, or rather says now it's "suspended." Doesn't say if they decided to suspend it themselves, or if they violated some kind of web design deal.  Jordan's personal blog has the same message.  Did the Niednagels do this on purpose -- in September of 2018, have they finally given up trying to share and appeal to the worldly masses? -- or is this another example of Jordan's incompetence at handling proper web design?

Edited by Khendra
typo
  • WTF 1

1 hour ago, Khendra said:

The BTI web site crashed yet again, or rather says now it's "suspended." Doesn't say if they decided to suspend it themselves, or if they violated some kind of web design deal.  Jordan's personal blog has the same message.  Did the Niednagels do this on purpose -- in September of 2018, have they finally given up trying to share and appeal to the worldly masses? -- or is this another example of Jordan's incompetence at handling proper web design?

Intriguing!  I am at a crossroads today and was just thinking about visiting the Niednagel blog to distract myself. Maybe JN’s health is undergoing something significant? Or maybe there’s just a power outage in Sherwood Forest, Missouri. 

16 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

Intriguing!  I am at a crossroads today and was just thinking about visiting the Niednagel blog to distract myself. Maybe JN’s health is undergoing something significant? Or maybe there’s just a power outage in Sherwood Forest, Missouri. 

Well, looks like it might be the latter after all -- the web site is back up, on my latest check.

But the incompetence is still there, in another facet: they have a deal on the front page where you can pay a monthly fee to get Insider info, including access to their blog articles -- but all their blog articles are already visible without needing to pay.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

https://braintypes.com/2018/10/10-1-18-the-passing-of-burn-reynolds/

The latest BTI article on Burt Reynolds is ALL TOO CLASSIC of Niednagel BT views on life and type.

BTI ***LOVES*** to create eulogies of unusual BTs who pass -- that is, everyone who is "famous," and yet who isn't the generic #13 ENTP/FCIR/Hollywood BT, which as I've explained  to you, makes up 50-80% of the HUMAN POPULACE, per Mr. Niednagel and his ilk.

So Burt Reynolds was a #5 ESTP/FEIR.  While the Nieds don't really hold this type in all that high of a moral regard, again, at least the ESTP/FEIR are rarer than the common genetic schmuck #13 ENTP/FCIR, and the ESTP/FEIR see "reality" enough so that a few of them are highly supportive of BTI and their endeavors (the Ainge and Warner ESTP/FEIR Mormon families, that I alluded to earlier).  BTI prefers empirical Sensing types over the intuitive Conceptual types (Jon Niednagel after all is ISTJ/BEIL, an empirical Sensing type), and particularly prefers ANY of the other 15 BT (whether intuitive or otherwise) over generic ENTP/FCIR.

So again, yep, BTI ***LOVES*** to always compare and contrast rare and special types from the commonplace ENTP/FCIR schmucks.  Again, it's their MODUS OPERANDI these days.

[Paragraphs denigrating a minor child removed]

Edited by hoipolloi
Removed inappropriate comments made about a minor child.
  • Downvote 1
  • WTF 2

@Khendra - we realize that you're no fan of the Niednagels or their brain-typing system. You may have good reasons for feeling this way. Nevertheless --

Leave the minor children out of your rants

The kids do not have a choice over or control of their circumstances, including their parents. 

I don't care if you thought you being funny or sarcastic -- your comments were really inappropriate. Just stop it.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

• 8 months later...

@MamaJunebug found out which church Jordan attends; Melissa posted it a couple of times recently on her public FB.  It's a CREC in my city:

http://www.christthekingkirk.com/

Quite a drive if they're still in Thornfield or wherever.

Theologically, as a Lutheran, the lack of distinction between -- and conflation of -- 'ordinance' with 'sacrament' made me cringe.  And since Jordan once publicly called out premillennial dispy types on his FB for having theology that's too 'new,' the hypocrisy of being part of a splinter Calvinist group that didn't even exist until 1998 is just further cringe:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communion_of_Reformed_Evangelical_Churches

They sure sound like a fringe and isolationist sort.  Just over 100 member churches internationally, but only 78 congregations?

And of course it's Wilson's group.  If not Phillips, it's the other Doug.  The Johns, Piper and MacArthur, are probably a bit too complementarian and/or mainstream for him these days.

It's no wonder BTI hasn't branched out.  He's not helping the cause being that insular.  This guy thinks he's Michael Jackson and Moses?

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Khendra said:

@MamaJunebug found out which church Jordan attends; Melissa posted it a couple of times recently on her public FB.  It's a CREC in my city:

http://www.christthekingkirk.com/

Quite a drive if they're still in Thornfield or wherever.

Theologically, as a Lutheran, the lack of distinction between -- and conflation of -- 'ordinance' with 'sacrament' made me cringe.  And since Jordan once publicly called out premillennial dispy types on his FB for having theology that's too 'new,' the hypocrisy of being part of a splinter Calvinist group that didn't even exist until 1998 is just further cringe:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communion_of_Reformed_Evangelical_Churches

They sure sound like a fringe and isolationist sort.  Just over 100 member churches internationally, but only 78 congregations?

And of course it's Wilson's group.  If not Phillips, it's the other Doug.  The Johns, Piper and MacArthur, are probably a bit too complementarian and/or mainstream for him these days.

It's no wonder BTI hasn't branched out.  He's not helping the cause being that insular.  This guy thinks he's Michael Jackson and Moses?

@Khendra, good sleuthing!

You know, I remember my late mother (BigMamaJunebug) sighing, “Why do people pass up churches with perfectly good, established, reasonable theology to join these messed-up, made-up churches?”  I think if she and I could talk today, we’d agree a large part of it is misplaced ego. Come to think if it, BigMJB said something like that. Something about, “they think they can do a better job than what has worked for centuries.”  Yep. Ego. 

Looks like Jordan has quit blogging? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/24/2019 at 10:08 PM, MamaJunebug said:

@Khendra, good sleuthing!

You know, I remember my late mother (BigMamaJunebug) sighing, “Why do people pass up churches with perfectly good, established, reasonable theology to join these messed-up, made-up churches?”  I think if she and I could talk today, we’d agree a large part of it is misplaced ego. Come to think if it, BigMJB said something like that. Something about, “they think they can do a better job than what has worked for centuries.”  Yep. Ego. 

Looks like Jordan has quit blogging? 

It appears so.  It's been awhile since his last one.

In optimistic news, brother Jeremy has vowed to make Brain Types better and more scientific (no more "the FCIR type uses the teleprompter too much," "this type puts their foot in their mouth too much," etc).  And I've been participating in genomic studies to better understand the differences among people, so I have hope these sorts of things will progress in the future.