IGNORED

Karissa Collins: Quiverfull Public Facebook, Instagram, and Blog

luv2laugh

7 hours ago, KWLand said:

If her prayers are so powerful why isn’t she using it to help others?  She’s a whole different level of fundie.

I’m glad she’s not. Because then she would be one of those faith healing preachers. And of course we know they are fake. But desperate Christian’s don’t. And I would feel very sorry for them if they went to Karissa hoping for a miracle cure to their MS.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

So I guess her early miscarriage just resurrected out of her body like Jesus. She was having normal periods the whole time but that bleeding could NOT be the miscarriage. Because it was resurrected. 🙄

2CC68353-7D37-4852-BBC1-C049CFDB6912.jpeg

• Eyeroll 5
  • WTF 11

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

So I guess her early miscarriage just resurrected out of her body like Jesus. She was having normal periods the whole time but that bleeding could NOT be the miscarriage. Because it was resurrected. 🙄

The video description she gives is even funnier because she calls the bleeding her period. It’s an interview with someone.  The amount of misinformation she spews about miscarriage, pregnancy and birth is mind blowing.   Between her resurrected  period baby and Jills 90% blood loss (or whatever the number she claims), I don’t expect anyone else to ever top their severe miscarriage stories.  

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, KWLand said:

The video description she gives is even funnier because she calls the bleeding her period. It’s an interview with someone.  The amount of misinformation she spews about miscarriage, pregnancy and birth is mind blowing.   Between her resurrected  period baby and Jills 90% blood loss (or whatever the number she claims), I don’t expect anyone else to ever top their severe miscarriage stories.  

What she doesn’t understand is that if you are having an actual period, you aren’t pregnant. Yes, you can have bleeding during pregnancy. But it’s not the full shedding of your uterine lining. Because then a pregnancy couldn’t be sustained if that happened. At 7 weeks, there was no heartbeat. She had likely already lost the pregnancy and by her next period, she was no longer pregnant. Maybe that period was heavier than usual. That is likely when she miscarried. But she lived in denial even though she kept having a period every month and never gained any weight. She’s just letting everyone know she uses denial as a coping mechanism. 

• Upvote 12

16 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

What she doesn’t understand is that if you are having an actual period, you aren’t pregnant. Yes, you can have bleeding during pregnancy. But it’s not the full shedding of your uterine lining. Because then a pregnancy couldn’t be sustained if that happened. At 7 weeks, there was no heartbeat. She had likely already lost the pregnancy and by her next period, she was no longer pregnant. Maybe that period was heavier than usual. That is likely when she miscarried. But she lived in denial even though she kept having a period every month and never gained any weight. She’s just letting everyone know she uses denial as a coping mechanism. 

Sad part is her followers will believe her and not realize she is drowning in denial.  Just like how dangerous it is when she has no understanding of radiology and decided her kids were magically healed.

mama doctor jones is a YouTube influencer who does reaction videos to the show I didn’t know I was pregnant and every reaction video she explains you can’t have a period and be pregnant.  Bleeding, yes.  Period, no.  

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

I can understand why someone like Karissa would reject the Democratic National Committee.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, Hane said:

I can understand why someone like Karissa would reject the Democratic National Committee.

context?

1 hour ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

context?

She rejected a “DNC,” when she clearly meant D&C.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 3

• 2 weeks later...

For future reference, this is what little dude looks like, she already started filtering his features out on the socials, what a hag  and total disrespect for her own children's roots 

Screenshot_20230425_123152_Instagram.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 1

Armor doesn't appear to have blue eyes, which means that he's already destined to be among Karissa's least favorites.

• Upvote 3

He does !!! 

I thought we uncovered the weirdest of em all  with Jillrod but oh boy, this is so unrespectfull, she filters all her kids btw, if you look at mandrake 's reels vs hers the difference is baffling,  jillrod at least loves her kids Portuguese features and rightfully so !  I do not understand this at all ! She is proudly married to an African American man, and she puts filters on her kids ? Look I am white like a sheet , so maybe I have no say in this but come on karissa wtf 

Screenshot_20230426_173049_Instagram.jpg

Edited by ven
Blablabla
  • Upvote 2
  • WTF 7

I guess her toddler’s severe UTIs that always result in hospitalization are because she’s sinned. How loving her god is!

FCE640AF-D7C7-446B-B5C1-8E6864EDE91F.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Angry 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • WTF 6

21 years of parenting and I guess I’ve been doing it wrong all this time.  I have never told my children I’m disciplining them because I love t or that they are sick because they did something wrong.  That does explain karissas immediate healing belief since it’s easier to heal perceived illness.

• Upvote 14

“When one of my older children get sick I ask them if there’s anything they need to confess.”

This is awful. Making your children feel guilty for being sick. Not enough they’re feeling yucky, no, they have to confess and repent and are kept to think they brought it on themselves (and probably feel like they didn’t pray hard enough if it gets worse). Those poor, poor kids.

• Upvote 11
  • Angry 1
  • Sad 4
  • I Agree 8

21 minutes ago, GreenBeans said:

“When one of my older children get sick I ask them if there’s anything they need to confess.”

This is awful. Making your children feel guilty for being sick. Not enough they’re feeling yucky, no, they have to confess and repent and are kept to think they brought it on themselves (and probably feel like they didn’t pray hard enough if it gets worse). Those poor, poor kids.

It’s abusive. She spiritually and emotionally abused them. And neglects them. She’s a horrible parent. 

• Upvote 6
  • Disgust 1
  • I Agree 14

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s abusive. She spiritually and emotionally abused them. And neglects them. She’s a horrible parent. 

Yes. And it’s probably physical/medical neglect on top. If you believe sickness is caused by sin and can be healed by repenting, there’s no need for medicine or a doctor, right?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 7

33 minutes ago, GreenBeans said:

Yes. And it’s probably physical/medical neglect on top. If you believe sickness is caused by sin and can be healed by repenting, there’s no need for medicine or a doctor, right?

She probably visits the doctor the most out of all the regular fundies we follow, but also declares in miraculous healing. It’s as if there are two Karissas, the one who knows her kids need the doctor and takes them and then days later the one who decides they are fine and God healed them.  Of course it doesn’t seem to have dawned on her if she’d stop the dangerous behavior before the injury or illness occurs, there wouldn’t be a need for doctors or her so called miracles.  A few days ago she kept talking about the 2 year old running into the lake fully clothed.  Don’t let a 2 year old who has a history of UTIs go into a dirty lake and hang out in the wet clothing. 

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 1

I have mentioned on this board that I have encountered a variation of this theology in a friend/acquaintance who is in the conservative Christian homeschooling and homesteading world. She believes that her children exist, in part, for her own sanctification. For example, if God needs to teach her patience, then he will send her a strong willed child. 

I do believe that raising children is also raising parents in the sense that the experience of being a parent can really shape you and change how you see the world.

It seems off though that the children are “assigned” the responsibility (job?) of making the parents more holy. 

Another way to phrase it: we can learn life lessons through struggles but that doesn’t mean the struggles happen because we need to learn a lesson. As others have pointed out, that’s a cruel and self-centered way of thinking.

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, KWLand said:

She probably visits the doctor the most out of all the regular fundies we follow, but also declares in miraculous healing. It’s as if there are two Karissas, the one who knows her kids need the doctor and takes them and then days later the one who decides they are fine and God healed them.  Of course it doesn’t seem to have dawned on her if she’d stop the dangerous behavior before the injury or illness occurs, there wouldn’t be a need for doctors or her so called miracles.  A few days ago she kept talking about the 2 year old running into the lake fully clothed.  Don’t let a 2 year old who has a history of UTIs go into a dirty lake and hang out in the wet clothing. 

She only takes them to urgent care when they are very sick. Like floppy or can’t breath sick. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She only takes them to urgent care when they are very sick. Like floppy or can’t breath sick. 

And fractures.  All the fractures.  I don’t understand how she walks into a place and a flag doesn’t go off that she’s back.  Is there a special code for the parents like her in medical records?  If she is so open about her neglect, what is she hiding?  That scares me more than what she does because at least she’s stupid enough to leave a trail. 
but yeah her trips for medical care are after they should be, which is sad knowing how many fundies don’t use medical care.  

• Upvote 9

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I guess her toddler’s severe UTIs that always result in hospitalization are because she’s sinned. How loving her god is!

FCE640AF-D7C7-446B-B5C1-8E6864EDE91F.jpeg

Last time the baby ended up in the hospital she was declared healed by Karissa.  Before she got worse and needed to be admitted to the hospital.  She was showing signs of being not well for a few days and Karissa posted about it.  They prayed over her and she was miraculously healed.  Except she wasn't.  What sin did Armour commit to be sick after birth? 

• Upvote 7

I was prone to croup as a kid. When I had croup really bad, I would wake up in the middle of the night struggling to breathe. I would be rushed into the bathroom where the shower was cranked to the hottest setting and stayed in the closed bathroom with my parents until I could breathe again. If my parents had also guilted and shamed me for sinning on top of not being able to breathe, I’m pretty sure I would have been traumatized. Making children feel bad for getting sick is monstrous. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 7

11 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I was prone to croup as a kid. When I had croup really bad, I would wake up in the middle of the night struggling to breathe. I would be rushed into the bathroom where the shower was cranked to the hottest setting and stayed in the closed bathroom with my parents until I could breathe again. If my parents had also guilted and shamed me for sinning on top of not being able to breathe, I’m pretty sure I would have been traumatized. Making children feel bad for getting sick is monstrous. 

Making adults feel guilty is horrible.  The number of followers Karissa has who also have chronic health problems is probably quite high.   To have someone you actually believe tell you that your health is because of unrepentant sin isn’t going to solve anything.  It’s heartbreaking too me.  Then that trickles down to their own children so not only do we have 10 Collins kids being taught that, but all the similar thinkers who follow them.

At least they aren’t spending $$$ on products to cleanse them.  

• I Agree 5

She posted this later on. I think she’s getting push back even from other hard core Christians. This is still fucked up though. Some kids get a pass and some get blamed for sinning. It’s so shitty.

8DA47CFC-3832-41B7-ABA7-6A3D4268090B.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Thank You 2

On 4/11/2023 at 5:48 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

The only thing resurrected here is the ghost of Dede and Xgay Greg's phantom baby/forever pregnancy, that's all I keep thinking of. IYKYK if you've been on FJ long enough (shout out to Yuku days!).

• Upvote 6
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic