IGNORED

Karissa Collins: Quiverfull Public Facebook, Instagram, and Blog

luv2laugh

I fell down this rabbit hole and wow. Is she unpleasant. And she hasn’t given any of the kids the best AN name yet - mine! Anachronistic! Because Karissa is not only not of this time, she is possibly not of this planet. (Although sadly she is definitely of this country.) Anakronystic Bathsheba is my prediction for her baby name.

According to family lore, (and this may be wrong as I don’t understand the blood thing completely) my grandfather, born in about 1917, should have been the oldest of 10 children. Instead, he was an only child, because every single one of his siblings died at or shortly after birth because they hadn’t invented the Rh shot yet. (I just googled this and they didn’t discover Rh incompatibility until 1939, so I’ve no idea how they knew this, but it is what I’ve always been told.) We are living in a time and place where this can easily be cured and prevented - it boggles my mind that anyone would not do this simple thing. Doesn’t giving birth hurt more than a few shots? Sheesh.

• Upvote 12
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 4

8 hours ago, JillRodsEyeliner said:

More like:

Anystasyya Blessying

Anythonyy Cheryyshyd

No The boys in the family get a normal spelling so it would probably just be regular Anthony.

More like:

Anystasyya Blessying

Anythonyy Cheryyshyd

No The boys in the family get a normal spelling so it would probably just be regular Anthony.

More like:

Anystasyya Blessying

Anythonyy Cheryyshyd

Edited by sleepygirl1
No idea how it posted that many times and don’t know how to fix it. Sorry!

I think the next boy is suppose to be Arrow.  God gives the names to her, but out of order.  I think Arrow is for twin boys but can’t remember what the other was.

the girl will probably be something to do with promise or rainbow, but I don’t A names that mean those things.  Guess she really doesn’t need a name, just letters tossed together.

anend

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, KWLand said:

I think the next boy is suppose to be Arrow.  God gives the names to her, but out of order.  I think Arrow is for twin boys but can’t remember what the other was.

the girl will probably be something to do with promise or rainbow, but I don’t A names that mean those things.  Guess she really doesn’t need a name, just letters tossed together.

anend

Since all the names start with an “An” sound, she would be breaking her regular theme. Which would annoy me. Even though I hate her naming style and spellings. I would hate it even more if she went against her own naming theme.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Looking up "An" names, I found Anaiah, which means "Yahweh has ansered". I could see her using that. 

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Since all the names start with an “An” sound, she would be breaking her regular theme. Which would annoy me. Even though I hate her naming style and spellings. I would hate it even more if she went against her own naming theme.

She already messed it up with Aynjel.  I’m not even sure which girl she is, just know she’s the one whose name was a name, followed the theme naturally and Karissa still managed to butcher 

• Upvote 2

Just now, KWLand said:

She already messed it up with Aynjel.  I’m not even sure which girl she is, just know she’s the one whose name was a name, followed the theme naturally and Karissa still managed to butcher 

Technically it’s still a sound of An together. Even though that y thrown in butchers it. 

This is going to be such a long pregnancy and so many posts about the evils of ultrasounds and doctors and not trusting God will be tossed out, always with Karissas high and mighty wordy posts.

Before I was pregnant with my first and was all judgy, I remember deciding I wouldn’t take a pregnancy test (they were $$$ 20 years ago).  I’d just know.  Proudly judged all those other hippys who tested.  That was the first thing to go, when I suspected I was pregnant the first time but I do wonder how the crunchier of the crunchy justify them and decline other things that could save their child. 

6 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Technically it’s still a sound of An together. Even though that y thrown in butchers it. 

Maybe anarrow and another could be twins.  I do want to say the twins were promised before answer so only four or five ans.  I think it was a story of how she thought she was pregnant.  If insomnia hits that’ll be tonight’s project because it’s been begging me since she announced.   Ooh, announce hasn’t been used.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, KWLand said:

Ironically according to Reddit, the twin names were going to be Archer and Arrow. 

And Karissa was convinced they would be born in a Target store 🤣

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8

19 hours ago, KWLand said:

Ironically according to Reddit, the twin names were going to be Archer and Arrow. 

If Reddit is correct, it makes me wonder how much she thinks about these names (or if I'm just overthinking them). Archer is an active word, being someone who uses arrows in archery. Arrow is very passive, and acted on by the archer. I know which one I'd rather be in this combination.

Also, Archer is the name of my fav. cartoon and I don't know if Karissa would like comparisons between this one and any potential Archer of hers.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 7

On 6/14/2022 at 1:59 AM, JillRodsEyeliner said:

More like:

Anystasyya Blessying

Anythonyy Cheryyshyd

I blame Pres. Zelinskyy ;) /joking! 

• Upvote 1

On 6/15/2022 at 5:41 PM, Katzchen24 said:

If Reddit is correct, it makes me wonder how much she thinks about these names (or if I'm just overthinking them). Archer is an active word, being someone who uses arrows in archery. Arrow is very passive, and acted on by the archer. I know which one I'd rather be in this combination.

Also, Archer is the name of my fav. cartoon and I don't know if Karissa would like comparisons between this one and any potential Archer of hers.

I originally wondered what she was thinking because the quiverful movement views kids as Arrows.  So to name a kid Archer sounds like they are shooting off the sperm to make the little arrows.

but then I realized the idea is they are already formed Arrows in the dads quiver or something.  However it works out, not names one should be using when they are quiverful, IMO.

On 6/14/2022 at 11:14 PM, KWLand said:

This is going to be such a long pregnancy and so many posts about the evils of ultrasounds and doctors and not trusting God will be tossed out, always with Karissas high and mighty wordy posts.

I have a different concern. I'm worried that she'll have a pregnancy loss because of her foolish refusal to take rhogam. She hates ultrasound but that is the way they monitor a fetus at risk for Rh disease. With her last pregnancy she seemed delusional in her belief that the dead embryo would actually be brought back to life by god. If this is how she reacts to a miscarriage how bad will it be if she suffers a late trimester or neonatal loss? 

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, browngrl said:

I have a different concern. I'm worried that she'll have a pregnancy loss because of her foolish refusal to take rhogam. She hates ultrasound but that is the way they monitor a fetus at risk for Rh disease. With her last pregnancy she seemed delusional in her belief that the dead embryo would actually be brought back to life by god. If this is how she reacts to a miscarriage how bad will it be if she suffers a late trimester or neonatal loss? 

I'm hoping for the best outcome for Karissa and her family, but I can't help thinking there are so many ways this situation could go wrong. I think this is a very high stress situation and I feel for her family.

Karissa, if you're reading this, we only hope for the best outcome and please get real medical prenatal care. 

• Upvote 6

Yeah Im pretty sure her last birth was at home without medical assistance. But they did have a fckton of church friends there laying out chux pads, so there’s that. Even witnessing a healthy birth could be traumatic for many kiddos, I can only imagine how traumatizing it would be for them if something went sideways.  

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 1

On 6/17/2022 at 8:22 PM, browngrl said:

Oh definitely a possibility.  Since Anthem was unassisted and at home, I wonder if she got the shot after her birth?  If she has an early miscarriage, she could have the longest “pregnancy” especially if she then conceives again and doesn’t acknowledge the miscarriage.   I don’t expect her acknowledging any early term loss and if later term she’ll find something else to blame it on.

for the kids sake, I hope anthem is the last Collins baby.  But I also can’t bring myself to hope for a loss 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

I’m so tired of fundie women putting this garbage online. It puts all responsibility on the woman. Karissa isn’t the only fundie to do this. Husbands aren’t the only ones carrying a huge burden. The wives in fundie marriages carry just as much of a burden (maybe more) because they are in charge of carrying a pregnancy 9 months, childbirth, taking care of 9 kids, cooking, cleaning, homeschooling, all while being a perfect Christian wife. This is why so many fundie moms are neglectful. Because they can’t do it all! It’s just not possible. That’s why sister momming is so common. That’s why homeschooling is a joke. That’s why the meals are quick and easy served on paper plates. This is why there aren’t any extra curricular activities. Fundie moms can’t do all of what is expected of them.

9DA06E8F-4D83-4671-83DC-CCDC88A6CA31.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 6
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 2

• 2 months later...
27 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

She's having a boy.

Naming him Armor... not an "An" name. And she explained what the word armor means. 🙄

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

9 minutes ago, MayMay1123 said:

Naming him Armor... not an "An" name. And she explained what the word armor means. 🙄

I think she’s run out of An names she likes for boys. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Can someone with more medical knowledge than I have tell me when she/baby Armor will be considered out of the woods with regards to the Rh-factor and the whole brouhaha with her refusing the Rhogam shot with her last (living) child? I've been following Karissa's antics with a sick curiosity. As much as I despise the thought of her bringing another innocent life into that circus, I wouldn't wish a late-term miscarriage on anybody. I wonder if even she is aware of the risks.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, mysweetetc said:

Can someone with more medical knowledge than I have tell me when she/baby Armor will be considered out of the woods with regards to the Rh-factor and the whole brouhaha with her refusing the Rhogam shot with her last (living) child? I've been following Karissa's antics with a sick curiosity. As much as I despise the thought of her bringing another innocent life into that circus, I wouldn't wish a late-term miscarriage on anybody. I wonder if even she is aware of the risks.

After she gives birth. It sounds like she has the antibodies so if babies blood combines with mothers (risky times are after an accident or during birth), her blood will attack the babies blood. It can be helped with a blood transfusion pretty quickly after birth. 

• Upvote 3

• Coconut Flan locked, unlocked, locked and unlocked this topic
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic