IGNORED

Karissa Collins: Quiverfull Public Facebook, Instagram, and Blog

luv2laugh

1 hour ago, Hane said:

Hey, I had what was a nearly drug-free labor and delivery (they gave me a little something to calm me down during transition), but I wanted all the help I could get! Epidurals weren’t available when I gave birth, or I might have jumped off the crunchy “natural childbirth” bandwagon.

I hated my non medicated birth. I didn’t even have a damn Tylenol. I don’t recommend 😉

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 2

9 hours ago, KWLand said:

Sorry I wasn’t clear.  I think they know they aren’t that far along, it just sounds more impressive in the free birth community.  The strangest ones to me are the ones who didn’t have a period between pregnancies, don’t receive an ultrasound, but somehow decide their due date.

the meconium could be a sign baby was overdue, but it could also be a sign of distress in a non-overdue baby, or it could be another one of those details that’s more impressive in the free birthing world.

I know it’s coming across that I’m (can’t think of the word) this lady’s birth and why I am, it’s the whole free birth/wild pregnancy stories that I question than just this lady.  Especially ones where other details of their pregnancy and birth are inaccurate with how pregnancy and labor work or they are uneducated (like Karissa saying with her miscarriage pregnancy she kept having her period, but she never actually miscarried.). 

the competition among free births would be laughable if it wasn’t putting a baby’s life at risk.  The longer the labor, the longer the pregnancy, the more meconium, the longer baby is stuck and mom had to do a crazy move to have baby shift, if baby is breech, if it’s a vbac, etc.  the riskier the more impressive.

I agree as I started noticing lately every Freebirther mentioned is insanely over due, but never had a ultrasound and often no period between pregnancies, so makes dates suspect. Then you have endless stories of I was in labour days or nearly a week and you start to wonder what they consider "labour" or is it just bad Braxton Hicks, do they count the tiniest niggle or their mucus plug coming away?  It's hard to say if it is just lack of knowledge or competition in there too, because it seems like a lot of them are just out there trying to out do each other for a story. Too bad it could cost them the life of their baby, themselves or both. But too often I think if I was a fly on the wall the story might play out far differently then they said, or I at least hope so.

As to pain killers in labour I am still mad I missed out of gas and air with the labour I needed it as it was not available, but the one it was available everything happened so quick I didn't want any. As to an epidural I was so needle phobic I would have needed anesthesia to let them near me to do it, even in labour that fear did not subside, so I went natural mostly, but not by choice. 

9 hours ago, KWLand said:

Sorry I wasn’t clear.  I think they know they aren’t that far along, it just sounds more impressive in the free birth community.  The strangest ones to me are the ones who didn’t have a period between pregnancies, don’t receive an ultrasound, but somehow decide their due date.

the meconium could be a sign baby was overdue, but it could also be a sign of distress in a non-overdue baby, or it could be another one of those details that’s more impressive in the free birthing world.

I know it’s coming across that I’m (can’t think of the word) this lady’s birth and why I am, it’s the whole free birth/wild pregnancy stories that I question than just this lady.  Especially ones where other details of their pregnancy and birth are inaccurate with how pregnancy and labor work or they are uneducated (like Karissa saying with her miscarriage pregnancy she kept having her period, but she never actually miscarried.). 

the competition among free births would be laughable if it wasn’t putting a baby’s life at risk.  The longer the labor, the longer the pregnancy, the more meconium, the longer baby is stuck and mom had to do a crazy move to have baby shift, if baby is breech, if it’s a vbac, etc.  the riskier the more impressive.

I agree as I started noticing lately every Freebirther mentioned is insanely over due, but never had a ultrasound and often no period between pregnancies, so makes dates suspect. Then you have endless stories of I was in labour days or nearly a week and you start to wonder what they consider "labour" or is it just bad Braxton Hicks, do they count the tiniest niggle or their mucus plug coming away?  It's hard to say if it is just lack of knowledge or competition in there too, because it seems like a lot of them are just out there trying to out do each other for a story. Too bad it could cost them the life of their baby, themselves or both. But too often I think if I was a fly on the wall the story might play out far differently then they said, or I at least hope so.

As to pain killers in labour I am still mad I missed out of gas and air with the labour I needed it as it was not available, but the one it was available everything happened so quick I didn't want any. As to an epidural I was so needle phobic I would have needed anesthesia to let them near me to do it, even in labour that fear did not subside, so I went natural mostly, but not by choice. 

I always wonder about the partners or extended family members in these situations. Like what would it be like to watch your daughter-in-law decide to do a field freebirth and not really be able to do anything about it!?!

I agree that for some people there's a pushback to the assembly-line medical system. I needed a planned induction for my second and my classic 60-something male OB was pushing for a c-section after a few hours. I didn't have negative hospital experiences, but I did have a condition that the OBs knew very little about and came right up against how difficult it is to advocate for yourself if you want to do things even a little bit different than the system says you must. So if you have a traumatic birth or medical mistakes I can see being scared and mistrustful of doctors. But there are so many responsible options that aren't that extreme. To me, that extreme becomes yet another form of narcissistic parenting. 

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 1

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Any updates on Karissa?

Just the same old same old. Shaq came to Mandrae’s basketball camp again this year. The kids have basketball games. They dance around in stupid videos. They wear matching outfits. I have no idea where she stores all their custom clothing. And Karissa keeps posting the same types of beliefs over and over. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 5

A fundiesnarkuncensored redditor spotted the family at a local splashpad and one of the girls got injured. Karissa, apparently wasn't bothered by it and a later photo shows one of the daughters  with a purple bandage on her hand.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Seahorse Wrangler said:

A fundiesnarkuncensored redditor spotted the family at a local splashpad and one of the girls got injured. Karissa, apparently wasn't bothered by it and a later photo shows one of the daughters  with a purple bandage on her hand.

Her kids get hurt all the time. They always have a band aid, bruise, scrape, whatever on them. I understand kids get hurt. Mine do. But I think Karissa’s often get hurt because she has too many to keep an eye on. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, Seahorse Wrangler said:

It was also reported that her oldest was doing all the parenting at the splashpad while Karissa hung out in the shade with the baby.

• Upvote 2

I did my best to avoid following her, but a couple of the Facebook boards make it their mission to criticize her choices, so I eventually got sucked in. I’m fascinated by the similarities between her and Jill Rodrigues, knowing that the two would look down on each other.

Narcissistic posts, always with them front and center? Check.

Lengthy screeds about religion and/or persecution whenever someone questions their parenting? Check.

Over-use of make-up and filters? Check.

Husband is a piece of work? Check.

Preaches modesty in dress, while wearing outfits that violate their own rules? Check, though Karissa would consider Jill’s style frumpy and Jill would consider Karissa’s endless stock of baby doll dresses whoreish. 

Gaggle of attractive children forced to perform on command? Check.

children only allowed interests that benefit the family? Check.

Youngest child toted around like a prop, while the older children are mostly ignored? Check.

Older children forced to parent the younger ones? Check. 

Kids forced to dress in matching outfits? Check, though Jill and Karissa have different definitions of the word “matching.”

questionable safety choices? Check, a thousand times. 

I’m sure I’ve missed a few, but it’s a fascinating study. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

47 minutes ago, postscript said:

I did my best to avoid following her, but a couple of the Facebook boards make it their mission to criticize her choices, so I eventually got sucked in. I’m fascinated by the similarities between her and Jill Rodrigues, knowing that the two would look down on each other.

Narcissistic posts, always with them front and center? Check.

Lengthy screeds about religion and/or persecution whenever someone questions their parenting? Check.

Over-use of make-up and filters? Check.

Husband is a piece of work? Check.

Preaches modesty in dress, while wearing outfits that violate their own rules? Check, though Karissa would consider Jill’s style frumpy and Jill would consider Karissa’s endless stock of baby doll dresses whoreish. 

Gaggle of attractive children forced to perform on command? Check.

children only allowed interests that benefit the family? Check.

Youngest child toted around like a prop, while the older children are mostly ignored? Check.

Older children forced to parent the younger ones? Check. 

Kids forced to dress in matching outfits? Check, though Jill and Karissa have different definitions of the word “matching.”

questionable safety choices? Check, a thousand times. 

I’m sure I’ve missed a few, but it’s a fascinating study. 

I’m pretty sure they use the same  exact eyeliner. It’s so strange how similar they are. 

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, KWLand said:

I’m pretty sure they use the same  exact eyeliner. It’s so strange how similar they are. 

I think people with narcissistic tendencies will always have similarities. There’s a lot of overlap with Jill and Braggie too. All three women have obvious narcissistic tendencies. Which makes sense because these women can’t stay off of social media. The fundie moms of many who are not narcissists are probably staying off of social media most of the time. So we don’t see them. 

• Upvote 4

Now I just noticed another injury. One of her older girls has an abrasion under her eye. It was one of the younger girls who hurt her hand the other day. So this is a new injury. I understand kids get hurt. My kids get hurt sometimes. But I swear this is constant with her kids. They always seem to have an injury. It’s crazy to me. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

• 2 weeks later...

No one is saying you need to go to Disney every year, buy your children every single toy and shoes in the world. People are saying you neglect your children by not supervising them. They are constantly hurt because you force your older children to parent the younger ones. It’s not about “stuff.” It’s about having more kids than you can parent. Stop throwing out the strawman arguments Karissa. 

37B5D260-D105-4755-9443-B278B9129B9D.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 7

"I can't give them the world and I don't want to. I don't even want to provide the bare minimum for them. I don't even give a rat's ass when my children are constantly getting themselves nearly killed because of my negligence. I teach my children to value life, and that my idea of valuing life is looking at each of them as nothing but a number, that they stop mattering to me the moment they're born. And as long as they're adding to that high number of kids to show off to the world, that's all that truly matters."

...fixed it for ya, Karissa.

• Upvote 15

I have HUGE issues with Amare. They call themselves the mental wellness company. They say their overpriced supplements can help with mental health. And the fact that they make stuff for kids is disgusting. Happy Juice is one of the cringiest names they could have come up with. I’m not surprised at all that Karissa is shilling this garbage. Maybe your kids aren’t happy because you neglect them Karissa. 

1867696A-D2D3-450D-B137-BF8D4FEA41B6.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 2
  • WTF 2

Happy Juice? Children’s vitamins were not the first product that sprang to mind with that name. It sounds like they are raising a generation of addicts. 

• Upvote 9

Karissa is claiming on IG that she miscarried. Found out she was pregnant on a Monday and lost the pregnancy on Friday.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 2

Some people do wish they were never born Karissa. Not everyone thinks exactly like you. 

7ADB90FF-BCA2-4905-B7A5-5006FC570949.jpeg

D5A768E8-75FB-4C27-B288-FC6E8768D642.jpeg

BTW Karissa is 39.5. Miscarriage is going to be more likely than before from here on out. I doubt this will be her last miscarriage. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

Karissa is so flip with her statements. From @JermajestyDuggarpost above of Karissa's rant: " Which one of their children needs to die to so the others can have "more"? "

Karissa plenty of use birth control to control when and how many children they have. If a person/couple decide after two children, they are done having children there are a variety of birth control options and surgical procedures they can use. No one is suggesting someone has five children later decides we can really only afford three and then kill two children. Get real Karissa. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3

Yet another thing Karissa and JillRod have in common. Both have suffered more from their miscarriages than any of the many millions of women who have miscarried, and both are using it to prove they are more godly than other women. I don’t want to mock someone for having a miscarriage, but her eagerness to announce, coupled with the lengthy pro-life sermon, turns it into some weird sort of performative pain. 

The whole thing about not having kids because you want expensive things is also really strange. She makes it sound like people limit their families solely because they’re greedy. Which doesn’t come off well given their apparently limitless supply of matching outfits and Shaq gifting them an expensive vehicle. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

Karissa is one of those people who think that birth control kills, not prevents, life. This is taken from Reddit, posted a few days ago.

IMG_6793.jpeg.98cc87c7bf79b31bd4e65e65a4615f44.jpeg

• Eyeroll 8

20 minutes ago, BensAllergies said:

Karissa is one of those people who think that birth control kills, not prevents, life. This is taken from Reddit, posted a few days ago.

IMG_6793.jpeg.98cc87c7bf79b31bd4e65e65a4615f44.jpeg

Jesus love me, this I know

For the pamphlet tells me so.....

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 16

What the hell is this phantom pamphlet? She's such a crackpot, I can see her making it up.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Those aren’t miracles Karissa. It’s the power of suggestion. The same thing happens when someone first reads about flying saucers and then starts seeing flying saucers all the time. This happens when people read about ghosts and starts feeling or seeing ghosts all the time. You aren’t seeing miracles. You are seeing things that can or can’t be explained but you are calling it a miracle because you want it to be. Her posts give me so much second hand embarrassment. 

388E0B4E-CF36-4589-9E2E-53CF40C49263.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 5
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic