Jump to content
IGNORED

Karissa Collins: Quiverfull Public Facebook, Instagram, and Blog


luv2laugh

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, dairyfreelife said:

While CPS won't remove the children here, I hope they offered some advice and resources for Karissa whether she is happy about it or not. 

I know. I am the type of person who says removing the kids should always be last resort. So I don’t know if I would want them removed. But I would love for someone to check up on them regularly and offer them any services deemed helpful or necessary for the family. Like therapy for Anthym’s neck or a support group for PPD. Even though I think Karissa would refuse to attend that. 

  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A girl I know still has her kids but they were required to be put in therapy and she had to take parenting classes.  That’s from a word of someone else when I expressed concern and was told she was already an open case.

I don’t know how it works in Texas but here they can require doctor appts, parenting classes, placed in school, etc.  I’ve also heard numerous times removing kids from a large family is harder because finding that many homes is near impossible and they also try to keep siblings together.  For years siblings were considered hard to place because the home would need multiple openings.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/21/2023 at 8:38 PM, GracieLou Free Duggar said:

Karissa needs help. I'm happy her mom seems to do well with the kids, but here and there visits aren't the way to get solid care, IMO. She and Mandrae don't need more kids, they need help with the ones they have--no shame in that. Go ask Shaq, and if he recovers from whatever surgery he just had, maybe he can help



Her mom told one of the older girls to remember to wash her leopard print sweater. 

Karissa is the one fundie I could see with an Andrea  Yates arc. She's been clearly mentally unwell for a long time and not getting any real help .

  • Upvote 6
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hasunah2 said:

Karissa is the one fundie I could see with an Andrea  Yates arc. She's been clearly mentally unwell for a long time and not getting any real help .

Statistically speaking, Andrea Yates is a very rare situation. Millions of women deal with PPD/PPA/ PPP every year in the US and never kill their children. So even if her PPD goes completely untreated, I don’t think she will kill her 10 children. The most likely thing to happen is she suffer needlessly for months and months while neglecting her children because she is unable to meet their needs. 

  • Upvote 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Statistically speaking, Andrea Yates is a very rare situation. Millions of women deal with PPD/PPA/ PPP every year in the US and never kill their children. So even if her PPD goes completely untreated, I don’t think she will kill her 10 children. The most likely thing to happen is she suffer needlessly for months and months while neglecting her children because she is unable to meet their needs. 

If she becomes more neglectful and suffers anymore mentally, there is going to be 10 children who suffer more trauma than anyone should have to suffer. I think most fundie moms have mental health struggles, but I think where most are aware and try to overcompensate by being jerks to others, Karissa is in complete denial.  

  • Upvote 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, KWLand said:

If she becomes more neglectful and suffers anymore mentally, there is going to be 10 children who suffer more trauma than anyone should have to suffer. I think most fundie moms have mental health struggles, but I think where most are aware and try to overcompensate by being jerks to others, Karissa is in complete denial.  

I agree that she already neglects them and most quiverful fundies neglect their children. Zoo has always been in total denial of her issues and neglect. Jill is pretty in denial as well. It’s not shocking she is in denial. Hopefully CPS will stay involved and will recognize if things get worse. She does seem to have some help from church friends. Unfortunately they play into her denial. All while seeing that she needs help with the kids and housework. There must be a lot of cognitive dissonance going on amongst her church friends. 

  • Upvote 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I agree that she already neglects them and most quiverful fundies neglect their children. Zoo has always been in total denial of her issues and neglect. Jill is pretty in denial as well. It’s not shocking she is in denial. Hopefully CPS will stay involved and will recognize if things get worse. She does seem to have some help from church friends. Unfortunately they play into her denial. All while seeing that she needs help with the kids and housework. There must be a lot of cognitive dissonance going on amongst her church friends. 

Cults seem to attract those who need loved.  I think that’s why David clung to not only the first non-Catholic church he found, but the first church woman he found.  I think Karissas friends are looking for acceptance and to be told what to think.  Enter Karissa.  Or whoever is really in charge there.

what I don’t understand is how Karissas mom stands by and sees it all without a fight.  Is she fooling herself into thinking if she doesn’t fight Karissa, she can better protect those kids?

my grandparents all objected to my parents adopting.  They weren’t silent about it.  One pair were rude to the kids and mom, the other treated everyone equal.  They knew they could object and still see us. (Mom and I fought often about one pair and how they treated the kids) Do these fundie grandparents know the same?  

  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, KWLand said:

Cults seem to attract those who need loved.  I think that’s why David clung to not only the first non-Catholic church he found, but the first church woman he found.  I think Karissas friends are looking for acceptance and to be told what to think.  Enter Karissa.  Or whoever is really in charge there.

what I don’t understand is how Karissas mom stands by and sees it all without a fight.  Is she fooling herself into thinking if she doesn’t fight Karissa, she can better protect those kids?

my grandparents all objected to my parents adopting.  They weren’t silent about it.  One pair were rude to the kids and mom, the other treated everyone equal.  They knew they could object and still see us. (Mom and I fought often about one pair and how they treated the kids) Do these fundie grandparents know the same?  

I wouldn’t be surprised if her mother tried not to “rock the boat” when it came to Karissa. She has 10 kids so she has a lot of leverage. I wouldn’t be surprised if her mom thought she was helping by placating Karissa. She comes in and helps as much as she can for a week and then leaves. While planning the next trip to go help her grandkids. But she might help her grandchildren more by trying to get Karissa some real therapy. Who knows. Maybe she’s just as nutty as Karissa. I’m always amazed by the parents of these women. Jill’s mom, Braggie’s mom, and Karissa’s mom are all mothers who enabled their daughters’ very poor decisions for their grandchildren.

  • Upvote 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if her mother tried not to “rock the boat” when it came to Karissa. She has 10 kids so she has a lot of leverage. I wouldn’t be surprised if her mom thought she was helping by placating Karissa. She comes in and helps as much as she can for a week and then leaves. While planning the next trip to go help her grandkids. But she might help her grandchildren more by trying to get Karissa some real therapy. Who knows. Maybe she’s just as nutty as Karissa. I’m always amazed by the parents of these women. Jill’s mom, Braggie’s mom, and Karissa’s mom are all mothers who enabled their daughters’ very poor decisions for their grandchildren.

Karissa’s family doesn’t seem to approve of her choices, and she was raised mor secularly than others we follow. Karissa’s dad doesn’t approve of her nonstop breeding, and Mandrae’s parents seem to be the same. Seems like her mom is sticking it out for the kids and doing her best. Karissa isn’t about to become open to therapy, but she’s unhinged enough to draw a messed up boundary. Her mom has a tough line to balance.

And Mandrae sounds absolutely horrific. Accusing K of abandoning “her” kids to mow the lawn? They homeschool and home church; they’re only involved in basketball. That’s incredibly isolating. K is clearly messed up, but M is an awful dad and partner, too.

We see both so little and so much via social media that it can be tough to figure out the whole picture. I suspect K’s mom is doing her best with an uncooperative offspring intent on making more babies “for Jesus.”

  • Upvote 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, apandaaries said:

Karissa’s family doesn’t seem to approve of her choices, and she was raised mor secularly than others we follow. Karissa’s dad doesn’t approve of her nonstop breeding, and Mandrae’s parents seem to be the same. Seems like her mom is sticking it out for the kids and doing her best. Karissa isn’t about to become open to therapy, but she’s unhinged enough to draw a messed up boundary. Her mom has a tough line to balance.

And Mandrae sounds absolutely horrific. Accusing K of abandoning “her” kids to mow the lawn? They homeschool and home church; they’re only involved in basketball. That’s incredibly isolating. K is clearly messed up, but M is an awful dad and partner, too.

We see both so little and so much via social media that it can be tough to figure out the whole picture. I suspect K’s mom is doing her best with an uncooperative offspring intent on making more babies “for Jesus.”

They homechurch but I’ve seen them attending gatherings for “church.” With at least 20 other people in it. And she gets help from an older black woman that they are friends with. So they do have friends. Unfortunately those friends are nutty like Karissa. Believing in demons and shit.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do you think there is some voodoo  involved , those beliefs ru. Strong in certain circles!

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They homechurch but I’ve seen them attending gatherings for “church.” With at least 20 other people in it. And she gets help from an older black woman that they are friends with. So they do have friends. Unfortunately those friends are nutty like Karissa. Believing in demons and shit.

Yeah, equally insane friends, definitely. But few people with mandated reporter responsibilities (the basketball coach is the only one I can think of, but is the coach Mandrae?), and no one who would/could speak up if their relationship seemed dire. Isolated, intentionally, from parts of society which might try to help — apologies if that was unclear. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, apandaaries said:

Yeah, equally insane friends, definitely. But few people with mandated reporter responsibilities (the basketball coach is the only one I can think of, but is the coach Mandrae?), and no one who would/could speak up if their relationship seemed dire. Isolated, intentionally, from parts of society which might try to help — apologies if that was unclear. 

I am glad she will go to the hospital though. Even though it only seems to be when things get dire.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was thinking her mom was a nurse.  Are they mandated reporters in every state?  Karissa says the hospital is not the ones who reported her, but I can’t imagine that being true.  Unless she’s hospital system hopping, but it doesn’t sound like she is based on her saying they knew how to treat Anthym and recognized them in the NICU.

Just anchors accidents would put up a red flag.  

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Hasunah2 said:

Apparently Ansyr has fracture her elbow . 

I wonder if Karissa selfs diagnosis or takes them in for a diagnosis.  Because her claim of them not needing medical intervention for healing is contradictory to getting a medical diagnosis.  I’m sure Ansyr will be healed as soon as Karissa decides it’s time 

  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The fact that the kids play basketball makes me think she would be more likely to get the older children medical help with breaks. Because they need to heal quickly for basketball games! 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked, locked and unlocked this topic

Hi folks - it looks like there is new content on this one. I moved this to Snark.

In the future, please just start a new thread in Snark rather than resurrecting an old thread in the archives. Thanks!

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/21/2023 at 3:51 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yes, she mentioned she had an infection too. She had her homebirth that she thought was perfect and wonderful yet she ended up with an infection and so did her baby. I wish she could see that the unassisted homebirth wasn’t a good choice and chose to only have hospital births in the future. 

I hope she chooses the hospital, or at least a midwife, because if she has an infection then they will be able to determine this quicker and thus give treatment sooner.

Spoiler

I had infections with both of my hospital births. They caught the 1st one due to monitoring me while I was in labor. I had a fever, baby had a fast heart rate, plus there were other signs like meconium when my water broke. Because of this, they were prepared for him to be in the NICU by the time he arrived 3-4 hours later. His stay was 72 hours for monitoring, and his cultures came back negative for infection. 

For #2 I didn’t show signs of infection until after she was born, and by that time I was in so much pain that I would have needed ambulance transport. But, because I was already there, I received the morphine, ultrasound, and CT almost immediately after the doctor assessed me and then got IV antibiotics. My WBC had spiked from 12 to 20 in 24 hours but I never had a fever. My stay wasn’t any longer than it would have been with a vaginal birth.

@KWLand Karissa has said in the past (in comments - I think on her kids’ testimony posts) that she always takes them to urgent care that same day and is told about the fracture/break and to follow up with the orthopedist. They do within a few days but the specialist says there is no fracture. So she believes they were healed because Jesus, but apparently it is not uncommon for this to happen generally.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Her kids seem to always be getting hurt. Maybe they just have weak bones and/or daredevil tendencies (a friend of mine is constantly in the ER with her kids, and as far as I can tell, she’s an attentive mother with kids who are risk-takers), but even if that is the case (and that is some serious best-case scenario thinking), it always makes me feel a little sickish because Karissa jumps on every opportunity to get a testimony out of it, so not only are they in pain, but that’s when the scream-praying and “trust in God and nothing else to take away your pain” begins.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mandrae responded to Karissa's intimacy post. Yea...

wcdocjoyspra1.jpg?width=1179&format=pjpg

  • Disgust 2
  • Eyeroll 6
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bullshit. My sibling has MS. I know others with MS. The doctor likely talked about different diagnoses it could be without being definitive. I don’t believe her when she says the doctor told her she had MS. She is such an unreliable narrator that I wouldn’t be surprised if 80% of this is totally made up. 

628C4108-7301-48DA-B7EC-D55771FB99E3.jpeg

  • Eyeroll 5
  • WTF 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Bullshit. My sibling has MS. I know others with MS. The doctor likely talked about different diagnoses it could be without being definitive. I don’t believe her when she says the doctor told her she had MS. She is such an unreliable narrator that I wouldn’t be surprised if 80% of this is totally made up. 

628C4108-7301-48DA-B7EC-D55771FB99E3.jpeg

Wait…..they had her all prepped for surgery, went in and the hole was gone. 😂🤦🏻‍♀️.   Holes in hearts can usually be heard.  I think in preop, unless the nurse was using a toy stethoscope they would have noticed they weren’t hearing the heart.

there is no way a doctor told bee that something she did 4 years prior caused her to faint.  I like how she was fainting daily and still walking and driving.   Her license would have been taken away/she told not to drive after so many incidents.

would love to know what tests they ran to determine MS.  My doctors were certain more than once that’s what I have, but brain scans say no.  Plus wouldn’t the only way to know if she’s healed from MS is from brain scans?  How did she convince a doctor to order a MRI to prove she didn’t have MS?  Radiologists aren’t just sitting around waiting for patients to scan.

——

all the broken bones since the elbow is now healed.  I’m really beginning to wonder if a horrible urgent care is where they go or Karissa doesn’t hear maybe.  Maybe it’s broken but we have to wait for the swelling to go down.  

  • Upvote 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

She is delusional if she thinks she prayed away MS. 

5768B606-BAA2-4924-B56A-9BA176DC8CEA.jpeg

  • Eyeroll 3
  • WTF 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If her prayers are so powerful why isn’t she using it to help others?  She’s a whole different level of fundie.

  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.