IGNORED

Dougie and Liberty

ThisOlGirl

I was just poking around on Dougie's blog, and the 9/26 entry has a picture of Doug and Liberty (it's her 15th birthday). You know, I can't snark on the picture. I think it's actually a fairly normal looking father-daughter pic. Liberty is a pretty girl, and God help me, but when I saw Dougie, I kinda went "dayum!". Then I remembered who I was looking at and was instantly over come by feelings of great shame and remorse. And a stomach ache.

I feel your pain. He's good-looking for an older guy. God help me, but he totally is! *Hangs head in deep, deep shame* His views, on the other hand ... :evil:

I have consulted female opinion on the subject and apparently it's down to the Two Phases of Doug; the earnest beardless Pastor-Administrator of a few years ago gets a resounding 'No', but apparently the newly-bearded Manly Anaconda Man of Mystery persona is a considerable step up.

The beard looks quite good on him-it disguises the fact that he hasn't a chin. He reminds me a lot of my favourite uncle who, incidentally, is also a Calvinist preacher. My uncle has lived in Europe for long enough to be fairly socially liberal and he isn't an insufferable tool like Dougie.

I don't trust good looking men in the ministry. He really looks worldly for a fundie. I was very surprised the first time I saw him.

Every man has his worldly vice: Doug's are tweed suits, bow ties, and situationally-inappropriate waistcoats.

But, midawg, the teeth!

Doug's, not Liberty's.

Are those real? Veneers? Dentures?

Reminds me of the old 49 song:

John Wayne's teeth, hey-ah

John Wayne's teeth.

Are they metal? Are they steel?

Are they plastic? Are they real?

John Wayne's teeth, Hey-ah, hey-ah!

Doug has always reminded me a little lookswise of Tim McGraw, the country singer.

He was in a movie not so long ago with Gwenyth Paltrow in which she was a country singer and McGraw was her manager-husband (can't recall the name). He looked so much like Doug in that movie that's all I could think about.

I don't know if it's because the very sight of Doug irritates me since I know who he is and what he teaches (and I've met him IRL), but I just don't think he's handsome. Just not feeling it, ladies.

I don't know if it's because the very sight of Doug irritates me since I know who he is and what he teaches (and I've met him IRL), but I just don't think he's handsome. Just not feeling it, ladies.

What's he like in person?

Archived