IGNORED

Are you watching this unfold on FB?

MerryHappy

the new page appears to "like" the pearl's real page. Let them keep deleting stuff, they'll get bored of deleting hundreds of posts a day.

Why do you believe it is this person? What do you know about her? (just trying to piece this all together)

Morgan has written this:

Ya know what...I think I'll just create my own To Train Up A Child page....thanks for deleting!!!!!!!!!!!!!
She questioned the admin's choice. So therefore I think she might be the owner of the new page.

The other candidate Brittney is very passive-aggressive and spamming the old To Train up a Child-page. She is upset over admin's choice as well. She has written that the admin has failed due to anger.

Admin, You failed as a parent. You were unable to parent without anger and teach properly. Your short comings are why your children are unhappy, your inability to parent is the only thing to blame. You are so incompetent that you cannot even take responsibility for your own parenting falures.. you have to instead blame a book that has helped many people.
She could also very well be the admin of the new page.

Also it could be someone else obviously.

Effie, as I mentioned earlier, I am not very familiar with FB, so maybe I missed it. Did the Admin that Brittany is addressing mention what exactly led her to her decision? I assume she must have because of the way Brittany is accusing her of failing her children, failing to raise kids without anger, making her children unhappy, blah, blah. If so, if someone could post that here, that would be great.

Shepherds don't beat their sheep. I have a friend who literally was a Palestinian Shepherd (but ohnoes Muslim) who said he didn't use the rod to hit his sheep for not obeying him - maybe give them a little push in the direction they should go.

Andra Willmon Hoots The don't "whip babies", they swat them. There is a MAJOR difference! Use your intelligence, not your pitiful feelings. Actually READ the BOOK for what it is! Cheez-Louise, people! GROW UP!

17 hours ago · LikeUnlike ·

Oh, wow, you're right, there's such a huge difference when it comes to hitting babies! I should totes GROW UP and get over my disgust with hitting babies! Thanks, Hoots! :roll:

Shepherds don't beat their sheep. I have a friend who literally was a Palestinian Shepherd (but ohnoes Muslim) who said he didn't use the rod to hit his sheep for not obeying him - maybe give them a little push in the direction they should go.

Right, shepherds use their rods to guide their sheep. If they beat their sheep, the sheep would run away. My grandmother had a sheep ranch; I am way too familiar with the behavior of sheep. :o

I'm curious exactly what revelation caused her change of heart. One can hope it was all the recent media attention TTUAC has recieved... If one person is making such a public statement against beating babies then I can hope that others are reaching the same decision in the security of their own home.

Wow, I read the FB page. Why all the anger if someone does not want to follow the Pearls' teachings? The admin did not say she would never discipline her children in any way ever again, she just said it would not be using methods found in the book. How can people equate NOT using plumbing line on a child with going to hell? Neither the child nor the parent will end up there because the Pearls' "training" techniques are not used.

And isn't Solomon the author of most of the Proverbs? The second part of Proverbs 13:24 is: he who loves him is careful to discipline him. That part is fine; parents do need to discipline children-and it does not say beat the child. I just don't get why some people think that discipline HAS to be hitting babies and children with plumbing line or all is lost.

Wow, I read the FB page. Why all the anger if someone does not want to follow the Pearls' teachings? The admin did not say she would never discipline her children in any way ever again, she just said it would not be using methods found in the book. How can people equate NOT using plumbing line on a child with going to hell? Neither the child nor the parent will end up there because the Pearls' "training" techniques are not used.

If I had a dollar for every time I've been told on a parenting message board that my child will be an insufferable brat because I am against spanking, or that I'd change my mind when she got older (no on both accounts), I'd be a wealthy woman. I don't know if it's their way of trying to justify to themselves that what they are doing is okay or what. That or they truly believe that parenting with terror is the only way to go. I'm just glad I give children more credit than these folks. They are more than capable of learning without punishment.

And isn't Solomon the author of most of the Proverbs? The second part of Proverbs 13:24 is: he who loves him is careful to discipline him. That part is fine; parents do need to discipline children-and it does not say beat the child. I just don't get why some people think that discipline HAS to be hitting babies and children with plumbing line or all is lost.

That's the problem...typical fundies ignoring half of a Bible verse they love to use and abuse. It's similar to how they love to quote Ephesians 5 where it commands wives to obey their husbands, but ignore the part where it commands husbands to love their wives as Christ loved the church and would even lay down His life for it. Also, we can't forget that many of them see punishment as the same as discipline, when in fact there is such a thing as discipline without punishment, or at least not cruel and harsh punishment. I too tend to believe that the Bible meant a rod as in a shepherd's rod, used to gently nudge sheep to get back in line, not beat them.

What bothered me most (and believe me all of it bothered me) about TTUAC was the description of the little girl "switching" her doll and Michael Pearl's fond observations on what a good mommy this little girl was going to be. That is some seriously scary, sick stuff. If heaven is like this, then I won't be upset about being left out.

Oh, yeah, that was probably one of the most disturbing parts of the book for me. Doll play is very telling of how a child will treat others, particularly small children. She probably will grow up to be just like Mommy then, sadly.

Effie, as I mentioned earlier, I am not very familiar with FB, so maybe I missed it. Did the Admin that Brittany is addressing mention what exactly led her to her decision? I assume she must have because of the way Brittany is accusing her of failing her children, failing to raise kids without anger, making her children unhappy, blah, blah. If so, if someone could post that here, that would be great.

As far as I'm concerned Brittany had no reason to draw the conclusions which she did.

Admin only mentioned this:

For now the short version of my change is this. I had already been questioning the methods when one day my son hit me and I "smacked" him back saying "no don't hit" and he looked at me like I had lost my mind. A 2 year old, smarter than his momma? I think so. Makes ZERO sense any way you look at it.

Well, Brittany has also accused me of being an asshole only because I stated my opinion about the Pearls :roll: so I don't think it's a rational person that we are talking about.

As far as I'm concerned Brittany had no reason to draw the conclusions which she did.

Admin only mentioned this:

Well, Brittany has also accused me of being an asshole only because I stated my opinion about the Pearls :roll: so I don't think it's a rational person that we are talking about.

Thanks for the short version, though. I managed to miss that even.

Yeah, Brittany sounds like a crazy bitch.

Is there somewhere online where I can read the book for free?

http://www.achristianhome.org/to_train_up_a_child.htm

I think this is a previous edition, and the new one may differ a bit.

I find the sweet, lovely-sounding "bond with your child" stuff the most chilling, interspersed as it is with the "beat the crap out of them" stuff. A perfect recipe for creating a total mess of a human being, who loves their abusers and doesn't know what real love is.

Archived