IGNORED

Trouble in Paradise at Generation Cedar?

Hisey

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/24/2018 at 1:01 PM, socalrules said:

I am not sure who these people are. Is Aston a Pearl grandkid?

No, Aston is the second oldest of the Crawford Family. Parents Aaron and Kelly have 11 children: Bria married to Kyle Cosper, Ashton, Alexa, Avalee, Brooks, Mallie, Kyla, Ellia, Jax, Kaiden & Zane. Kelly has a blog at http://www.generationcedar.com/main/

Somehow we drifted to the Pearls. Parents Michael and Debi have 5 children: Rebekah married to Gabriel Anast, Gabriel married to his 2nd wife Elizabeth Schrock, Nathan married to Zephyr Zajicek; Shalom married to Justin Brand and Shoshanna married to James Easling. The Pearls published "To Train Up A Child" which is a child abuse manual masquerading as a parenting book. 

On 1/23/2018 at 7:51 AM, Howl said:

A bit of thread drift to the Pearls, but bear with me.  The same blog that was discussing Michael Pearl as heretical also called him out as a complete hypocrite for scrubbing Gabriel Pearl's ex-wife and kids from their Web site with zero explanation.  This has certainly been noticed by people who follow the Pearls.  

And after that, the Pearls wrote a book on divorce.  I haven't read it, but from reading reviews, they've decided that biblically some divorces are allowed and ok and you're released and allowed to remarry and others aren't.  Seems convenient. 

15 minutes ago, slp said:

I haven't read it, but from reading reviews, they've decided that biblically some divorces are allowed and ok and you're released and allowed to remarry and others aren't.

Translation = Divorce is OK for the Pearl kids, not for anyone else.

Didn't John Piper or some similar fundie guy write a big ol' article about why it was A-OK for his son to get divorced.   But that divorce was bad, bad, very bad and sinful and not-Biblical for other Christians.

I seem to remember reading the article on Wartburg Watch.

21 hours ago, slp said:

And after that, the Pearls wrote a book on divorce.  I haven't read it, but from reading reviews, they've decided that biblically some divorces are allowed and ok and you're released and allowed to remarry and others aren't.  Seems convenient. 

I found Created to be His Helpmeet at a thrift store one time. I bought it to shred it, which I did happily. I'm not at all a believer in censorship, but I did not want someone to be polluted by that drivel.  I skimmed it before I shredded it, it was pretty bad.  Since then, I keep an eye out for anything else written by them and it will also be destined for the shredder if I manage to find one.

2 hours ago, Briefly said:

I found Created to be His Helpmeet at a thrift store one time. I bought it to shred it, which I did happily. I'm not at all a believer in censorship, but I did not want someone to be polluted by that drivel.  I skimmed it before I shredded it, it was pretty bad.  Since then, I keep an eye out for anything else written by them and it will also be destined for the shredder if I manage to find one.

You are performing a good public service!

2 hours ago, Briefly said:

I'm going to do the same from now on.

1 hour ago, Hisey said:

I'm going to do the same from now on.

I've taken to cruising the book selection ISO submissive Christian nonsense when I shop at Goodwill or other thrift stores.  I'd never buy that nonsense new, but I think I'm performing a public service by taking that drek out of circulation.  No one needs to read that stuff seriously.

21 hours ago, amandaaries said:

I've taken to cruising the book selection ISO submissive Christian nonsense when I shop at Goodwill or other thrift stores.  I'd never buy that nonsense new, but I think I'm performing a public service by taking that drek out of circulation.  No one needs to read that stuff seriously.

And since most of those thrift stores are non-profits, who put that money into social programs, you are actually turning drivel into something like an apartment for a homeless person, or food for a food bank. 

My husband and I have started pulling out all the IBLP/gothard books from his growing up years and setting them aside to burn. I really want to shoot them first but he wants them burned to hell and back. 

I wonder how well the shredded pages of some of these books would do in a compost heap. I suppose the ink is the problem? It would be nice to turn that crap into something beneficial.

Take the shredded paper to a paper recycler.  And then imagine TTUAC/ any Pearl book is being turned in another reprinting of 50 Shades of Grey

Shredded paper makes nice kindling/fire starters. Both useful and thoroughly destructive. 

22 hours ago, Inky said:

And since most of those thrift stores are non-profits, who put that money into social programs, you are actually turning drivel into something like an apartment for a homeless person, or food for a food bank. 

That was my thought, I got something awful out of circulation and helped the non-profit.

Since none of the Pearl children are legally married in the first place, technically none of them can be divorced either.

Undoubtably that helped the mother get out with her kids, but you have wonder if the Pearls learned anything from that lesson.

On 1/25/2018 at 8:28 PM, Bethella said:

No, Aston is the second oldest of the Crawford Family. Parents Aaron and Kelly have 11 children: Bria married to Kyle Cosper, Ashton, Alexa, Avalee, Brooks, Mallie, Kyla, Ellia, Jax, Kaiden & Zane. Kelly has a blog at http://www.generationcedar.com/main/

Somehow we drifted to the Pearls. Parents Michael and Debi have 5 children: Rebekah married to Gabriel Anast, Gabriel married to his 2nd wife Elizabeth Schrock, Nathan married to Zephyr Zajicek; Shalom married to Justin Brand and Shoshanna married to James Easling. The Pearls published "To Train Up A Child" which is a child abuse manual masquerading as a parenting book. 

The Schrocks aren't talked about that much on FJ but 3 Schrock children married into 3 FJ families and I find that interesting (Pearls, Wilsons, and Tates).

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The Schrocks aren't talked about that much on FJ but 3 Schrock children married into 3 FJ families and I find that interesting (Pearls, Wilsons, and Tates).

I have the Pearl and Wilson connection but who are the Tates?

19 minutes ago, Bethella said:

I have the Pearl and Wilson connection but who are the Tates?

Oh I though FJ talked about the Tate's. They are friends with all the usual FJ fundies. 

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Oh I though FJ talked about the Tate's. They are friends with all the usual FJ fundies. 

Other people might but I've never heard of them.

Archived