IGNORED

John Shrader 15: Welcome to Poisonwood, Caleb

laPapessaGiovanna

I'm glad you decided to start posting @Lifesjustbeachy.  Take care.

I'm also very glad you are moving away from some of the bad stuff that goes on.  

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Lifesjustbeachy said:

Pics are up.  Labor was easy, delivery the hardest yet,  requiring advice from their former midwife in the states. 

Are we allowed to post pics from FB?

I hope nothing went wrong. That is worrying, 

21 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

I hope nothing went wrong. That is worrying, 

"Labor was easy, delivery the hardest yet."

I'm not reading too much into this, I guess? My last baby (born at home) was also my easiest labor, but hardest delivery. (As in, contractions were less painful, but pushing was longer and more difficult and baby was stuck on the cervix.) 

But then again, given the source....and the fact that they needed extra consultation? I guess maybe that part might sound concerning. 

I also hope John realizes that just because his wife was able to deliver 11 healthy babies without emergency services...doesn't mean that it's doable by all or even normal for many woman. But thankful for Esther's sake that all went well! 

4 hours ago, Curious said:

oh, so it is phonetic.  Not sure what I think of it now, but I have no room to talk given my real name lol

LouElla-May Sarkisian, is that you?

Glad Caleb's here safely and Esther appears well. Now stay off her a while, John, and focus on the real shit you've gotten everybody into for a change.

Is that Esther in the photo(blue shirt, skirt, wearing glasses) where the kids are looking down on the baby in his crib?  If so she looks very thin.  It may be just the way she is built but it's kind of shocking to me.  Perhaps I'm just a tad jealous?  Nah...not me. :my_cool: 

Welcome Caleb and Congratulations to Esther on a successful delivery!  I think we are all relieved for you.

Esther has either been pregnant or nursing since they arrived in Zambia 3 years ago. 

John, keep your trousers zipped man. Have a heart and stop being so selfish.

My experience of having my water break was different with each of my two births. With my first child's birth, labor was kind of stalled, so my OB broke the water. After that, labor got more regular and intense and I delivered our baby within a few hours. With my second child's birth, I didn't go to the hospital until about an hour before the baby was born. My water broke all by itself right before I started pushing. I was having another contraction, the water broke, and I was ready to push.

I know that in television and movie births, the mother's water always break to indicate that labor is starting, but I don't think it works that way in real life.

47 minutes ago, Carol said:

Is that Esther in the photo(blue shirt, skirt, wearing glasses) where the kids are looking down on the baby in his crib?

I'm fairly sure that is Alatheia.  She is tall and slender.

1 hour ago, Naga Viper said:

I, um, actually googled that name because I didn't know what you meant.  I thought perhaps it had something to do with that Beverley Hillbillies show.:embarrassed:

37 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

Esther has either been pregnant or nursing since they arrived in Zambia 3 years ago. 

John, keep your trousers zipped man. Have a heart and stop being so selfish.

It’s nor just him but he’s an awful human... a lot of these people don’t consider at all the nutrition, physical or emotional health of these women... including the poor women themselves as they lack education and autonomy and I think they believe this gets them in to heaven which is so works based it’s so far from what they say they believe... the whole thing is sick. Glad to see Esther and the baby survived another birth...

Going back to the issue of deliberately breaking the water. As I understand it, the main risk from that is infection which goes up considerably if they don't deliver within 24 hours.

I'm glad Esther & the baby are ok. 

The three children born in Africa to date are all boys, right? Anybody think that John takes that as a sign of God's special blessing and approval of his mission in deepest "sub-Saharan Africa?" 

I hope Esther doesn't get pregnant again for awhile, (at least not this year) but if  "H.O.T.L 12" is a girl, John might give up & come back to the States...

2 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

My experience of having my water break was different with each of my two births. With my first child's birth, labor was kind of stalled, so my OB broke the water. After that, labor got more regular and intense and I delivered our baby within a few hours. With my second child's birth, I didn't go to the hospital until about an hour before the baby was born. My water broke all by itself right before I started pushing. I was having another contraction, the water broke, and I was ready to push.

I know that in television and movie births, the mother's water always break to indicate that labor is starting, but I don't think it works that way in real life.

I have 3 kids, my water broke at the start of labor for all 3.  My doctors were flabbergasted.

2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

I, um, actually googled that name because I didn't know what you meant.  I thought perhaps it had something to do with that Beverley Hillbillies show.:embarrassed:

Oh. Heh. No, I was simply aiming for a somewhat incongruous combination of names, and that's one I haven't yet encountered in my decades among the Armenian population of Los Angeles. Although it's certainly possible Cher has a paternal cousin named LouElla somewhere... :pb_lol:

I may also have been drawing inspiration from a classmate who was named after her grandparents or some such. Did they combine the names, look at the result, and then choose a real name like Raphaela as a reasonably close approximation? No, they just jammed the names together and put RalphElla on the birth certificate.  :pb_eek:

Why does John bother using an acronym if he writes the phrase in full in explanation anyway?

Caleb is a gorgeous little boy. I’m glad he’s here and that he and his mother are both safe and healthy, but the unnecessary risks taken make me shudder. What if the midwife back homes advice didn’t help? It sounds like Esther was stuck in transition, which is hellish and can be very dangerous.

Esther really reminded me of Priscilla in those photos. They look most like each other and Anna and Suzette look most like each other. I know there’s another sister but I forget what she looks like.

I wonder if Caleb will have an African style middle name like Stephen and Isaiah.

28 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

Esther really reminded me of Priscilla in those photos. They look most like each other and Anna and Suzette look most like each other. I know there’s another sister but I forget what she looks like.

I wonder if Caleb will have an African style middle name like Stephen and Isaiah.

Suzette is the mother, the other sisters are Susanna and Rebekah.

I'd put money on Caleb getting an African middle name and I'll also put money on the Shraders getting the translation wrong.

7 hours ago, Naga Viper said:

Sorry this reference is lost on me :(

2 hours ago, Curious said:

Sorry this reference is lost on me :(

Failed joke. Please disregard. :pb_redface:

42 minutes ago, Naga Viper said:

Failed joke. Please disregard. :pb_redface:

Sorry :(

No worries. They can't all land, LOL. Now back to discussing Smugly Fuckface, the family that he doesn't deserve, and the legal woes that he does.

That’s the last we’ll hear of Esther, Caleb or the other children now. Back to the John show... if he’s allowed to talk/lie online right now. Maybe a lawyer has him buttoned up still but he’ll get bored of that...

The written tics of all these people just drive me up the wall. John’s use of “ sub-Saharan Africa” is as irritating as Lori’s “ husbands of our youth “ Michelle’s “ season of life “ and Jill’s use of “ severe “.

I know their beliefs and actions are a million times worse than how they write but jeez they irritate the hell out of me. Mini rant now over.

I truly hate the way John says "before you pillow your head".  It always sounds as though he is going to wear a pillow case for bed. 

The written tics of all these people just drive me up the wall. John’s use of “ sub-Saharan Africa” is as irritating as Lori’s “ husbands of our youth “ Michelle’s “ season of life “ and Jill’s use of “ severe “.
I know their beliefs and actions are a million times worse than how they write but jeez they irritate the hell out of me. Mini rant now over.

When reading this I had a flash of a Seth Andrews talk he gave called "Christianity Made Me Talk Like An Idiot"

I watched that talk on YouTube recently 

and thought it was brilliant - definitely some uncomfortable moments for this former fundie!

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived