IGNORED

John Shrader 15: Welcome to Poisonwood, Caleb

laPapessaGiovanna

Part of the problem with John taking Esther to the hospital is that they must go to a private hospital, since they are not citizens, so the government hospitals are off limit plus they must pay up front before she can be admitted. Last summer the cost would be $750 US for a vaginal birth with a 3 day stay C-section is about $1,000 US with a 5 day stay. The closes private hospital is about  40 miles away and it would take them about 1 hr to get there because of the traffic, that is without an accident or police check points. At this point they need professional help, prayers will not help. So John Boy put your big boys pants on and take care of your wife-Shit Head.

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The government hospitals will take Esther. They will have to pay, but not up front.

I was very well looked after when I broke my wrist in Zambia.  The public hospital did the X-ray, the private hospital did the cast. The private hospital didn't have an X-Ray technician available. The  bill was presented at the end of treatment. Same day. 

No-one is turned away. Treatment first. Bill later. 

10 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

The government hospitals will take Esther. They will have to pay, but not up front.

I was very well looked after when I broke my wrist in Zambia.  The public hospital did the X-ray, the private hospital did the cast. The private hospital didn't have an X-Ray technician available. The  bill was presented at the end of treatment. Same day. 

No-one is turned away. Treatment first. Bill later. 

That might be the case for out patient treatment but for in patient government hospital is for citizens only except in an emergency. I don't know how long ago you were there but last spring, after the elections they started restricting in patient treatment at government hospitals. When I was there this summer, permanent VISA holder went into premature labor and Women's Hospital in Kaufe required her husband to pay at the time of admission. So I am only saying that from experience. 

I was there in  June and July 2014. We arrived exactly a week after John dragged his very pregnant wife plus umpteen children with him on his colonial odessy. He entered illegally if I remember correctly? He was let in, then had to sort the paper work out later. The immigration staff took pity on Esther and the children. They lived in a hotel for a few days then the Sauder (sp) family helped out? John managed to have a bump in the car they loaned him. 

Esther sadly may be an emergency but she should be ok. John has enough money put by to pay. He won't want to look totally idiotic. He already has immigration snapping at his heels. 

Since apparently I'm just incredibly in tune with updates to johns fb lately: recent comment from john says "

John Esther Shrader

She's fine, the baby is fine, very responsive, heart tones good, this is not the "latest" she's gone before. Should be any day now. Thanks for your concern."

She’s already two weeks overdue, that’s not good. He sounds so fucking blasé!! That baby will be big, my father was born two weeks late and was 10lbs. 

It’s dangerous to go past two weeks, Shrader you fuckwit!! Things can go really downhill.

2 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

She’s already two weeks overdue, that’s not good. He sounds so fucking blasé!! That baby will be big, my father was born two weeks late and was 10lbs. 

It’s dangerous to go past two weeks, Shrader you fuckwit!! Things can go really downhill.

Not just that but even if the baby isn't big- because frankly, I don't imagine any of the Shraders are getting fabulous nutrition- the placenta doesn't last forever! It will start calcifying and breaking away from the uterus and her amniotic fluid will leak slowly. I hope like all hell that she has someone who can induce or do a c-section if necessary. 

I was born 21 days overdue - according to my parents I needed resuscitation (thought the delivery also went wrong, so it probably wasn't related to being overdue) and I had started to shrink inside my mum as the placenta started failing.  My skin was really baggy, because it previously covered a bigger baby.

The point is, it is still very possible/probable that there will be a healthy baby, but it is starting to get dangerous.

And yes - my mum received appropriate medical care throughout her pregnancy.  They just made a couple of mistakes.

From John’s reponses, of course he doesn’t like any question not about him, but I also get the sense that he’s mad and pouting because he can’t post all his tripe on Facebook right now/ any more... has his page always said ‘Zambia and Regions Beyond’?

9 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

Esther sadly may be an emergency but she should be ok. John has enough money put by to pay. He won't want to look totally idiotic. He already has immigration snapping at his heels. 

What do we reckon the chances are of John Shrader and family having health insurance?  I'd say nil.

John Shrader always looks totally idiotic ... 

3 minutes ago, EyesOpen said:

has his page always said ‘Zambia and Regions Beyond’?

He likes "Beyond" but changes his tag periodically.  It said "Zambia, Burundi and Beyond" until he decided Arcade and Jolis were possessed by Satan and unworthy to church plant.

I believe he's used "Africa and Beyond" too.  John thinks big.

When we first discovered John and Esther wasn't she way over due with one of her pregnancies? She claimed it had to do with radiation from Japan. 

@formergothardite: Found it back in 2011.  Radiation attached to her electrolytes when she was in labor with Charis.  :confused2:

She also had an untreated strep B infection with Sophia in 2013, IIRC

ETA: Or not.  At least she was at a birthing center for that delivery: 

They didn't hold their watch night service last night due to the turmoil and imminent arrival of the baby.  

I'm wondering if she is in labor.

What the what? Radiation from Japan caused dehydration to attatch to her electrolytes? ? Or the radiation attached to her electrolytes causing dehydration? Either way, uh...? This caused labor to stall? How in the world would they know this? I assume it was a home birth, who tested for the radiation? 

2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Radiation attached to her electrolytes when she was in labor with Charis. 

My new year has started out right.  Thank you for unearthing my absolutely favorite post on FJ.  Each time I run across it, I marvel at this intersection of fundie science and absurdity.

:huh:

It looks like that Esther may be in labor right now. John said that if things progress as they are going right now the baby will born on January 2nd.

Esther might not be late at all. With their ridiculously medieval "prenatal care," it's likely they don't know exactly when the baby was conceived. Evidently there we're wrong with Timothy's due date as well. There's no way for them to be as precise as they should be since Esther isn't getting any prenatal care at all, really. Honestly, this is her 11th kid.  I'd trust she knows her body and how it works and would make john aware if there was a concern based on her limited medical knowledge 

This is John's latest update.  I sure hope that midwife can make it.  With her challenged car and the fact she doesn't like to drive at night, I hope John has a backup plan.  What an arrogant, thoughtless, dumbass prick.  5a4a7dacbd960_ScreenShot2018-01-01at10_26_24AM.png.fd221dc07a6c8f79c88e4f82806e0b9c.png

My god. I just had a flashback to a douchecanoe in a class at my fundiegelical college. My major was more on the "liberal" side, so there weren't too many patriarchal assholes. We had a class on Victorian literature and the subject of childbirth came up. Some guy that was in the biblical studies major (NO IDEA why he would take that class, as there were much better courses and the only reason why I took it was because it was required) actually said that his future wife would have all children at home with no doctor, nurse, or midwife. Just him. God would give him the wisdom to deliver the baby. He stated that women that had babies in hospitals were selfish, faithless, and ultimately didn't trust God as much as he did.

Naturally, we all jumped on him. He was so freaking arrogant about it. He truly believed that God would give him the knowledge to deliver a baby. If something went wrong, it was "God's will." Ugh. This was probably 15 years ago and it still makes me fume. He was so dismissive and condescending. He wouldn't really answer many questions from women, but when male students challenged him, he kept repeating "That's your choice. I can't make your decision to trust God for you." UGHHHH. 

Anywho, John reminds me of that guy here. HE knows best. Much better than medical professionals, those plebeians. 

39 minutes ago, Marshmallow World said:

My god. I just had a flashback to a douchecanoe in a class at my fundiegelical college. My major was more on the "liberal" side, so there weren't too many patriarchal assholes. We had a class on Victorian literature and the subject of childbirth came up. Some guy that was in the biblical studies major (NO IDEA why he would take that class, as there were much better courses and the only reason why I took it was because it was required) actually said that his future wife would have all children at home with no doctor, nurse, or midwife. Just him. God would give him the wisdom to deliver the baby. He stated that women that had babies in hospitals were selfish, faithless, and ultimately didn't trust God as much as he did.

Naturally, we all jumped on him. He was so freaking arrogant about it. He truly believed that God would give him the knowledge to deliver a baby. If something went wrong, it was "God's will." Ugh. This was probably 15 years ago and it still makes me fume. He was so dismissive and condescending. He wouldn't really answer many questions from women, but when male students challenged him, he kept repeating "That's your choice. I can't make your decision to trust God for you." UGHHHH. 

Anywho, John reminds me of that guy here. HE knows best. Much better than medical professionals, those plebeians. 

There is a part of me that sincerely hopes he applies this to himself with any form of medical treatment as well. I mean God will guide his wife's hand if he has melanoma, right? Or needs a tooth pulled? 

Actually I'm mostly just hoping he hasn't been able to find anyone to procreate with and is pulling his teeth out alone.

And seriously how is it "Biblical" for him to be anywhere near the delivery? Secret Women's Business that, no men allowed.

Given he was exhibiting all the hallmarks of a controlling abuser I really, really hope no one has been unfortunate enough to marry him.

1 hour ago, SuchABlessing said:

I'd trust she knows her body and how it works and would make john aware if there was a concern based on her limited medical knowledge 

Well, Esther definitely knows when radiation is attaching to her electrolytes.  And that colloidal silver cures EVERYTHING.

She and Sophia  also somehow managed to survive 6 days of labor when Esther, her midwife, and John knew she had sky-high BP, a fever, the flu, was dehydrated, and tested positive for Strep B.  But, thanks be to Rufus, all those terrible antibiotics didn't give her a yeast infection.  That would have been awful.

I'm guessing you haven't followed the Shraders much.  I don't trust that Esther knows her body, and I don't trust either John or Esther to know when there is a real concern.  They have been very lucky so far.  I think the last 2 births went fairly smoothly, although someone said she lost a lot of blood with Stephen.

1 hour ago, Carol said:

This is John's latest update.  I sure hope that midwife can make it.  With her challenged car and the fact she doesn't like to drive at night, I hope John has a backup plan.  What an arrogant, thoughtless, dumbass prick.  

It was so nice of John to make that post public.  And he is an utter prick.

If he had any sense he'd send someone to pick the midwife up in either the Troupie or the Toyota.  Or perhaps he doesn't trust anyone else with the car keys.  

Timothy scored just one day past full term using the APGAR score (according to Esther's steller memory).

Esther may have a stellar memory but she doesn't understand that the APGAR measures overall health not gestational age.  How fucking stupid can these people be!

38 minutes ago, Marshmallow World said:

It is people like this that has caused the Count and I to stop doing call for OB, it is more common than you know. On top of no prenatal care it is the ones that use non medical midwives and then an issue happen during labor with no medical records so you are flying blind. After 40+ years we both retired  from doing deliveries, now we will do in office work along with teaching. The only issue I can see is that I will not have my popcorn and tomato soup dinner, which I did when the Count was on call. We will figure it out. 

Neither John nor Esther seem to know what an APGAR score is. So freaking bizarre after so many children. I hope someone calls him out on that. I truly hope this baby is okay. 

How far over her due date is she? How many weeks term is she? Generally you have two weeks before to two weeks after the "date" where it's safe to go anytime. Any later then you want to start testing everything to make sure everything is going well. Some babies drag their feet, lol. 

I was going  to suggest that John could give the truth mobile keys to a trusted person to go collect the midwife. Sadly John doesn't appear to have a trusted person around as he has been awful to everyone. Three years in Kafue, and no-one likes him enough to be able to help out???? Pooor,Pooor Esther. 

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived