IGNORED

John Shrader 15: Welcome to Poisonwood, Caleb

laPapessaGiovanna

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing public on his Facebook about it - I'd be very interested to know if he has somehow wriggled out of any trouble in this matter

Some areas over there in Africa are in desperate need of more midwives & obgyn type drs. A midwife in my area spends 6-8 weeks every year volunteering over there. And has done that for the last few years. Some places are putting together impressive local midwifery clinics and traveling (on bicycles) midwives. In some villages the witch drs and even husbands, are very hostile towards midwives and drs so gaining access is tricky, but it is saving lives when they can get in  

Sometimes a midwife will call another to troubleshoot something during a birth so I really do not see an issue with a trained person consulting another one. I've seen 10 year veterans call up even more experienced veterans about something during a birth. Not during a crisis, mind you, but for general information about a certain non emergency situation. Obgyns have been known to do the same. 

@Gobsmacked, you haven't missed anything that I have seen.  John's Facebook is locked down.  He hasn't made any public posts since Jan 4.

However, I stumbled upon this.  The internet really is forever.  This is John's original bio for his missionary adventures.  It is major league lengthy and full of hyperbole.  Too long for me to want to copy and paste.

https://web.archive.org/web/20140829022439/http://shrader.teamzambia.com:80/about-us/

Notable points that I had forgotten:

• John is only 2nd Generation Fundie.  He neatly tosses his paternal grandpa under the bus as a "drunken womanizer."
  • His very meager education is laid out.  He tries to make it sound impressive.
  • His pastoral "work" history has dates!  Well, almost.
  • He got dumped from one pastor job because "they wanted someone middle-aged."  Oh, pull the other one, John, it has bells on.  You were fired.
  • And it proves he is lying about the short length of his deputation.  We already knew that.

Holy crap people. I go traveling for a few weeks and come back to all of this? It’s nice to see that I’m not the only one who suspects he’s been “tipping” people to get around the law. 

I wouldn’t read anything into the Australian midwife. There are two (legit, licensed, etc) non-African midwifes that I know of in the city where I live. They’re both trailing spouses here because of their husband’s jobs.

In this community at least, the availability of certain services lies entirely on luck of the draw as to whether or not someone is moving for work whose spouse happens to be licensed and employed in that profession/service. That’s the whole reason my son is now able to get speech therapy. With the two midwifes I mentioned, they are the reason some friends have felt comfortable staying and having home births here when they had left the country for their previous births. 

16 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

nd it proves he is lying about the short length of his deputation.  We already knew that.

His insistence on lying about this is just odd. It is very easy to see he is lying and any church that has been with him from the beginning will quickly realize he isn't telling the truth. 

John made the post asking for only fervent prayer private. Do we have any members who are friends with him?

No news is bad news me thinks, just hope Esther and wee Caleb are ok though.

Dear Rufus,

let the news black out be because the Shraders have family visiting and/or because John is rapidly packing the families bags ready for imminent removed from Zambia. Give the locals a break.

please Rufus.  :my_smile:

He posted some more pics of Caleb, wearing a shirt that literally says "I am special, I was born at home"

In other news, he's shared four of his own pomes from his "musings" page in the last five days. 

Most recently is a surprisingly genuine prayer request for Zambia's cholera outbreak, with no mention of colloidal silver or his own family's specialness. 

15 minutes ago, slickcat79 said:

In other news, he's shared four of his own pomes from his "musings" page in the last five days. 

I'm only seeing 2 pomes made public on Jan 6 from Quill and Bible.

I hope he does keep the others private.  I'm gagging. 

A few corrections for John-boy on this Ode to Roderick.  I'm not going to do the whole pome but you will get the gist.

"It Hurts When They Betray See Through You"

It hurts when one betrays sees through you, when love is turned to hate reality strikes home
When those you've shown much care for  exploited wrongly now how spitefully you berate [them]
Their Your words now used as weapons, seeking to destroy
It tears and rips in anguish, and batters at your their joy
When those you love now to threaten, as in sin they you go astray

He really is losing it. Big time. Writing bad pomes when he has a house full of young children to feed and educate, a very new new-born and a wife who has to establish breastfeeding with Caleb, (I know she is an old hand at Breast feeding but each baby is different, although to John Caleb is just a number and year model not an individual) and suffer his presence every day. What a total pillock. 

Rant over.

According to David Rea the Zambian government has shut down all church meetings because of the cholera outbreak. He said that two churches attempted to still hold a service and the military came in and forced them to end it. 

The cholera outbreak is centered in Lusaka.  The church closings may not affect Kafue but the families need to be very cautious.   Boil or filter all their water for starters.  I hope all the Shraders and Reas are vaccinated.

https://spotlight.africa/2018/01/10/cholera-outbreak-zambia-leads-school-church-cancellations/

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

The cholera outbreak is centered in Lusaka.  The church closings may not affect Kafue but the families need to be very cautious.   Boil or filter all their water for starters.  I hope all the Shraders and Reas are vaccinated.

https://spotlight.africa/2018/01/10/cholera-outbreak-zambia-leads-school-church-cancellations/

I hope so, too, but I doubt that the Shraders (at least) are vaccinated. Not sure whether they were required to be vaccinated to enter Zambia, but otherwise... I have a vague memory of John posting anti-vaccination propaganda. I could be wrong.

16 minutes ago, apple1 said:

Not sure whether they were required to be vaccinated to enter Zambia, but otherwise... I have a vague memory of John posting anti-vaccination propaganda. I could be wrong.

It is unclear.  And John is definitely anti conventional medicine.

I remember we discussed it a lot before the Shraders went to Zambia.  At that time Zambia did not require vaccinations unless people were traveling from a known risk area for things like yellow fever, cholera, and so on.  Vaccinations were strongly advised for travelers but not required for entry into Zambia.

However, a few months before they left John started frantically grifting for vaccinations, including for rabies.  Then he said it would probably be cheaper if they waited until they got to Zambia.  One of his friends - @shraderfriend, I think - told us that they had been vaccinated.  It is quite possible that Shrader lied and used the money elsewhere.

If they were actually vaccinated back then I doubt they have kept up the immunisations.  The cholera vaccination doesn't give immunity for long either.  In my day it was an injection and only lasted for 6 months.  These days there is an oral vaccine but it only gives limited immunity for 3 or 4 months (I think).

@subsaharanafrica is almost certainly better informed than I am about that.  I hope she comments.

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

Reas are vaccinated.

Rea said no because his family doesn't need the vaccines. 

Just now, formergothardite said:

Rea said no because his family doesn't need the vaccines. 

Stupid fool.  Stupid ignorant blithering idiot!

38 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Stupid fool.  Stupid ignorant blithering idiot!

THAT. So much THAT.

As an - yes, I know, it's kind an FJ joke - allied health professional for more than 4 decades - yes I know I am old - this makes me SO. ANGRY.

There is plenty of suffering in the world that we cannot prevent or alleviate. This does not fall into that category. And it is bad enough when adults make such decisions for themselves (never even mind the whole herd immunity concept - which makes those people generally at fault).

As for parents like this - IMO - this is child abuse.

ANGRY.

IIRC, it was David Rea who wrote a long post on TeamZambia about how he was totes OK with the idea of sacrificing a few of his children on the altar of converting African heathens.  It was sometime around the time of Missionary Rex Switzer's death.

Look Rea and Shrader.  Cholera is no joke and Switzer's death from complications of malaria might be described as almost pleasant in comparison.

I really hope you don't have to witness any of your children shitting themselves to death.  They are the most vulnerable.  I have enough of the milk of human kindness in me that I hope you don't shit yourselves to death - although you deserve it.  IMO.

But by not vaccinating yourselves and your families you may get cholera.  If you do, you will undoubtedly squeal for help, money, prayers, and use up resources that could be better used for others.  The treatment for cholera has improved - if you can afford it.  You may survive.

Even so - if you or any of your family members die or get really ill - it will not be Satan's fault.

It will be your faults.  For not using common sense.

People keep asking Rea about vaccinating and his response is always that they don't need it since they are clean. Rea and Shrader and two idiot peas in a pod. 

8 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

People keep asking Rea about vaccinating and his response is always that they don't need it since they are clean. Rea and Shrader and two idiot peas in a pod. 

They may be "clean" but is their water supply?  They may be "clean" and boiling all their water, they can put their families in isolation, but can they control for every single fly landing on their food or their children?   Can they stop the little ones sucking their thumbs for the duration?

Cholera is a bacterial infection spread by contaminated fecal matter ingested in water, food, by insects contaminating food and water, and by touch.  Cleanliness will help but sensible people vaccinate.

No guarantees.

And Shrader and Rea are real idiots!

What is their definition of "clean", and what are they implying of the people around them? 

Agree. They are really stupid.

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived