IGNORED

Joy & Austin 15: Standing for the Fetus

choralcrusader8613

On 10/3/2017 at 10:50 AM, SassyPants said:

@VineHeart137- I think people are pleased at what they see as positive growth from Jessa and Ben. Yes, initially, J/B were awful. They posted many less than appropriate BS comments on social media, but as time has gone on, those posts have vanished. In addition, they have posted some more thought provoking comments. Add in the apparent ease (at least what is shown) that they have taken to parenting 2 LOs...yes, people are pleasantly surprised. Conversely, with the Dillards, all we have seen is regression. I think people expected more and better from the Dillards. Derick was a grown, educated man when he married Jill. For me, I expected more from Derick than the teenage Ben. I was wrong.

Me too. I thought Jill and Derick's kids would have a chance to go to a real college. Now I'm thinking the homeschool education they get is going to be worse than the sotdrt

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, SassyPants said:

@Four is Enough-If she's born to a Vuolo, maybe it will be a bit different???

Pretty sure that Jinger serves the Baaaabbe in all things. It's only pants wearing or delaying (IF they are delaying) pregnancy in which they differ. I'd lay money on it.

3 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Yeah, I definitely pronounce all of those the same way. That is to say, they all rhyme. I do have the caught/cot merger, so I guess that's the explanation! 

You aren’t the only one! 

I can’t think of a way to make these all not rhyme...now I want to hear how you all say these!

For me, they sound very similar but Dawn is just drawn (haha that rhymes!) out a bit more. Of course, context usually sorts it out. As in, Don was up at the crack of dawn.  Yeah, it’s a bit different sounding in my mind. 

(I have a friend named Dawn. So ‘the crack of dawn’ is childishly amusing to me.)

To "hear" it - imagine saying "awwwwww" (like when you see a cute baby/puppy/kitten). But a D on the front and an N on the end.

27 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

To "hear" it - imagine saying "awwwwww" (like when you see a cute baby/puppy/kitten). But a D on the front and an N on the end.

That would still rhyme with 'Don' for me, ahaha! Accents, they're something else...

I also know siblings called Don and Dawn. They sound different to me, but that may be my English background.

Slightly old topic but I'm doing a training at PP and they're the protestors outside and it was just rando fundie husbands and Austin was of course who came to mind.

So, I went a bit into the Radical Femininity blog and in a post about the the Election, they talk about abortion as a Holocaust.  So again,  this was not just a jessa thing.  This breed of fundie moron all seem to feel this way. 

They are all just awful. 

19 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

If Joy has a girl I could see Jill probably being a bit jealous of that. 

Agree, though I think she'd be even more thrilled about having a granddaughter.

On 10/7/2017 at 9:56 AM, SassyPants said:

@Four is Enough-If she's born to a Vuolo, maybe it will be a bit different???

Do we know what sort of life opportunities Jeremy's sister has had?

I am guessing his mother was stay at home once she had kids- what was her life before?

Jeremy's mother Diana and his sister Valerie  both are college graduates.  They are professional violinists.  

Diana Vuolo also founded a charity SWAN which gives music lessons to children of incarcerated individuals with a heavy dose of bible thumping attached.

The pro-birth propaganda is gross.

That being said...I passed the Bar and will soon be a "Degreed Law Professional"!  I'm looking forward to ACTUALLY "standing for life" and fighting like hell for women and children as a legal aid lawyer. 

6 minutes ago, Feminist_Defrauder91 said:

The pro-birth propaganda is gross.

That being said...I passed the Bar and will soon be a "Degreed Law Professional"!  I'm looking forward to ACTUALLY "standing for life" and fighting like hell for women and children as a legal aid lawyer. 

Congratulations!!! That's awesome!

4 hours ago, Greendoor said:

Do we know what sort of life opportunities Jeremy's sister has had?

I am guessing his mother was stay at home once she had kids- what was her life before?

Just an FYI being a SAHM isn't life ending, there are many of us who CHOOSE that life.  I'm college educated and choose to stay home with my kids for 8 years and weld have stayed longer could we have afforded it.  I also know many women, while they could stay home don't want to, they want that career, they want that time away from kids and home, they want that independence, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with either choice, as long as you are the one making it. 

Congrats @Feminist_Defrauder91 the US needs more lawyers like you. 

23 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

Slightly old topic but I'm doing a training at PP and they're the protestors outside and it was just rando fundie husbands and Austin was of course who came to mind.

My daughter & I  were driving past a local PP and there were 4 men out side, and my social anxiety ridden little girl (who's 17) leaned out the car window at the stop light right next to them and screamed NO UTERUS NO OPINION! TAKE CARE OF YOUR OWN BUSINESS! I was so proud of her, my own little feminist in training.   I then leaned out and reminded them that abortions weren't provided at that location, only health care services. 

3 minutes ago, Greendoor said:

@allthegoodnamesrgone - I am glad you had the choice to stay home.

I'm LUCKY to have been able to make that choice, and I'm glad I did.   I didn't mean to come across as lecturing or rude, I realize that my CHOOSING to stay home and fundy women not having a choice to stay home are two entirely didn't life style choices. 

13 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Just an FYI being a SAHM isn't life ending, there are many of us who CHOOSE that life.  I'm college educated and choose to stay home with my kids for 8 years and weld have stayed longer could we have afforded it.  I also know many women, while they could stay home don't want to, they want that career, they want that time away from kids and home, they want that independence, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with either choice, as long as you are the one making it. 

Same for me. I was a SAHM for about 5 years and worked in the library at my kids' school for 3 more so that I would be home when they were. Yes it was my choice, and yes, it was an interruption in my career. I do not regret it. 

19 minutes ago, Exposedknees said:

Same for me. I was a SAHM for about 5 years and worked in the library at my kids' school for 3 more so that I would be home when they were. Yes it was my choice, and yes, it was an interruption in my career. I do not regret it. 

Exactly you had the choice, it was your decision. Fundie women really don't have a choice. They have to stay home and homeschool their kids even if they don't want to. 

On the Harry / Harold conversation. Harry is often used as a nickname for Henry. For example, Prince Harry's first name is actually Henry. So perhaps Jessa will be using Harry in a couple of years... 

Sadly, my poor health made the decision to be a SAHM for me. Luckily, my decision to homeschool is technically resuming my career since I was a math teacher. When I return to the work force (even if it's just a few hours a week), my skills will still be sharp. BUT, I have the choice to return to work when I'm physically able. Women in my family always worked, even if it was a side hustle.

I couldn't imagine limiting my children's choices. My oldest son is a teenager. Watching and helping him discover and explore his options for the future brings me so much happiness. I couldn't imagine limiting him to a bare bones education and a future of menial work while having to support a ton of dependents. If HE chose that, I wouldn't like it, but it would be HIS choice.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived