IGNORED

The Miller Family: The Rolling Pertussis-Mobile

JermajestyDuggar

I hope he did read the only thread dedicated to them on FJ. Because it was all about their anti-vax beliefs harming their children and potentially all the people they were around when visiting churches while infected with pertussis. But if they are still anti-vaccine after their baby almost died from pertussis, I honestly doubt they will ever change their minds. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

"Officers, some one on the internet posted I needed to take my child to the ER for a deep cut and to vaccine. Arrest them!" 

"Officers! here are screen caps of a woman named Chrysanthemum who thinks I need to pay more attention to my children so they don't get cut or preventable disease. Her post say she lived in Texas but she moved and doesn't say where!111" 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 18

What?  LOL.

If I found a thread about myself or my family on an internet forum, and said thread had been totally dead for over a year, I'd just assume the chatters had gotten bored and moved along.  The last thing I would do is talk about it on Facebook- that's just asking for the zombie thread to be resurrected.

HI PAUL.  I won't be surprised if you end up joining FJ to yell at us.  If so, welcome!  I hope you and your family are all well.  Personally, I think vaccines and modern medicine are great, I'm not sure why a person would be against using these miracles to better their family's lives and health.  Would you ever reconsider your anti-vax stance?   

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

Ya know, I've been warned but I'm not in the least concerned.  Paul needs to be schooled on free speech. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 7

Nothing private was shared on FJ. It was all stuff they posted themselves online! And he’s mad because people have an opinion on what they posted publicly on social media? If he is this upset, he should go completely private with his FB Page. It works every time! 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 7

I moved this thread out of the archive since it has new posts.   I read the first couple pages before I realized it was an older thread with new posts.   I didn't see anything in the first few pages that violated our rules so perhaps Paul can use some lessons on reading comprehension along with free speech.

I suspect he's probably suggesting that he has been "slandered" (full disclosure: I didn't read his entire screed about "FJ") since none of them ever seem to know the difference between slander and libel, but having the opinion that you aren't properly taking care of your children because you are an anti-vax whackadoo doesn't qualify as libel (nor would it be slander if it were spoken)

Having a new grandbaby, before she was born I quizzed my kids to make sure that any adults/kids that were going to be around her for a fair amount of time got the vaccine.  My DIL posted a pic of my son getting his shot on their insta before the baby arrived.   If I was local I absolutely would have gotten the vax even though I can have some side effects.  I'd rather suffer for a little while than have a baby suffer needlessly.  Children being a blessing and all!

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 9
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

He’s big mad ?

44D834A8-8633-452D-849F-9ABE11CF9D25.jpeg

So I went back to read this and I see I was right.  When you go to the lawyer you plan to use, Paul, you should call it libel so they don't laugh at you.  Slander is spoken....writing is not spoken.

You aren't the first to threaten legal action and I doubt you will be the last.  We've been around since 2005 so you'll have to forgive me for not shaking in my boots.

You don't seem to understand how the internet works, so I will give you a little lesson free of charge.   If you post something in public on the WORLD WIDE WEB (that's the www in a URL) people are going to talk about it.  I doubt very much we are the only people talking about your family.  Some of those people that read your PUBLIC writings are going to agree with you and some people are going to disagree with you.   

If you feel threatened by words that strangers write on the internet that suggest that you are a whackadoodle who doesn't believe in vaccines and you should take your young child to the ER when he gets an admittedly deep cut that won't stop bleeding then you have even bigger problems than we thought.   Those are known as opinions and others are allowed to have them even if you don't agree with them.  They should not make you feel threatened.  They should make you feel ashamed you treat your kids so shabbily and force them to suffer for your ridiculous beliefs.

image.png

That rascally Paul!  No one will ever figure out what site he is talking about because he didn't use the sites full name :pb_rollseyes:

Also Paul, it's not stalking to read things you post in public on facebook.  You do realize that anyone with an internet connection can read the stuff you post right?  If you don't want the PUBLIC to read things you post that show you take awful care of your children, you should probably change your settings to private.

• Upvote 13
  • Love 16

Sometimes I am too opinionated.  This is why I don't have a public site of any kind.  If I had a FB account I would not want to deal with dissenters (probably not Paul Miller but potentially others like him).    I like to fly under the radar and connect with people on sites like this who see the world the same way I do. Reading sites like this help me relax in this super divided country.  (Hoping this makes sense..) FB isn't the same, and Mr. Miller should know that by now.  Make it private if you don't want dissension and stop whining.  Do these opinionated Fundamentalists do this on purpose for attention?  to save more people by getting their 'message' out to a larger audience?   We know the Jills like attention, but what's this guy's motive?    About his blog post:  Is he weirded out because some people he doesn't know figured out his son was married?  Who cares?   It's not like anyone is attacking his son/daughter-in-law on their own FB pages.  I don't get it.

• Upvote 13

8 minutes ago, Caroline said:

Sometimes I am too opinionated.  This is why I don't have a public site of any kind.  If I had a FB account I would not want to deal with dissenters (probably not Paul Miller but potentially others like him).    I like to fly under the radar and connect with people on sites like this who see the world the same way I do. Reading sites like this help me relax in this super divided country.  (Hoping this makes sense..) FB isn't the same, and Mr. Miller should know that by now.  Make it private if you don't want dissension and stop whining.  Do these opinionated Fundamentalists do this on purpose for attention?  to save more people by getting their 'message' out to a larger audience?   We know the Jills like attention, but what's this guy's motive?    About his blog post:  Is he weirded out because some people he doesn't know figured out his son was married?  Who cares?   It's not like anyone is attacking his son/daughter-in-law on their own FB pages.  I don't get it.

We have found in the past that a lot of fundies we discuss literally don't understand how the internet works so they are shocked when "strangers" are reading their public posts.

I suspect Paul Miller doesn't like it because it looks like they have some kind of music ministry or other music venture.  I saw some music stuff when I did the google search I posted above. 

The ones that screech about slander are generally ones that don't get that other people can also have opinions even if they don't fall in lockstep with their own.  A lot of these folks are really quite isolated because they don't mix with us heathens so I think they are sometimes genuinely shocked when they encounter people that are not like-minded.

Also a lot of these people that post on their own sites or register here to screech about how horrible we are don't understand forums and don't know how to read dates because they end up calling a lot more attention to a thread that has been dead for YEARS (one I remember had a less than 1 page thread that hadn't been active in 3 years and  she came here full of threats :pb_rollseyes:).  Paul Miller has done this.  Likely very few people even remember this family given that we only had this one thread on them and it was inactive for nearly a year.

A lot of them are also used to getting their way by being bullies so they think that threats of lawyers will scare us into taking down their threads.   They run away with their tails between their legs when I don't immediately cower to their ah-thor-i-tee!

• Upvote 18
  • Love 5

54 minutes ago, Curious said:

Likely very few people even remember this family given that we only had this one thread on them and it was inactive for nearly a year.

The name Paul Miller likely wouldn't have reminded me of this family, but the "Rolling Pertussis Mobile" part of the title is memorable. Kudos to @JermajestyDuggar!

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 3

Awww..... somebody's fee fees got hurt. I wonder if there is an oil or home remedy for that?

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, closetcagebaby said:

What is it with men who hate FJ fundamentally misunderstanding how the internet and usernames work?

I was going to mention the user name thing as well, but I figured Paul has enough learnin' to do with what I already told him.  

Here is my hypothesis on the subject after giving it way more thought than I should.   I think for a lot of the people we discuss FB is kind of their main gateway into the internet and where they do the most interacting with other people.   FB is built specifically to use your real name since it's meant to connect you to people you already know and the people they know, etc.

Then after they have had verbal diarrhea about their entire real lives under their real name they find out that there is actually more to the internet and those people are *gasp* not using their real names. Obviously, those people have something to hide!   In reality, those people have likely been on the internet for much longer, have a more varied experience and learned (maybe the hard way) that the world is a safer place if you aren't using your real name all over the internet.

Trying to explain this to people that don't value education, learning or intellectual curiosity is nearly impossible because they already view you as the enemy.  It's also an "easy" attack point and these people are generally bullies.

In other news, I just ran across a fabulous article on the importance of vaccines when browsing the articles on my pocket thingy on my google homepage.   It's a long article, but I found it to be really interesting and quite detailed.   It's mainly regarding measles, but I think it can be generalized to cover any vaccine preventable disease and the problem with anti-vaxxers

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019/09/02/the-message-of-measles 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 3

Great article @Curious

The New Yorker is behind a paywall, but this is a meaty paragraph: 

The vast majority of measles cases turn out O.K.—a fortnight of misery—but bad things can and do happen. It isn’t Ebola, but it isn’t chicken pox, either. (That said, it has killed more people in the Democratic Republic of the Congo this year than Ebola has.) The rate of hospitalization is about one in five, mostly owing to pneumonia, and the mortality rate is about one in a thousand. (In developing countries, it is more like one in a hundred.) Measles may also have a suppressive effect on the immune system for two years—“the shadow of measles,” as I heard one doctor describe it. The disease can cause hearing loss and, in rare cases, five to ten years later, a usually fatal form of encephalitis.

and this, about Patient Zero: 

It wasn’t hard to determine where the measles had come from. The boy had caught it in Israel. The theory was that he’d got it from another Israeli, who had travelled to the city of Uman, in Ukraine, for the Rosh Hashanah pilgrimage known as the Hasidic Burning Man. Because of a low vaccination rate, there have been more than fifty thousand cases of measles in Ukraine in the past year. 

But back to Mr. Miller. Is he irked that fj is turning  up as a search result when people are googling him and his family?

Are any of y'all following the @Devin Nunes' Cow and @Devin Nunes' Mom twitter trial?  Devin Nunes (R-Moron) is suing Twitter, the creators of these twitter accounts and Liz Mair for 250 million dollars, claiming something something something a twitter account by a fake cow is as dangerous as a gun something something defamation.  His case is frivolous, but there is an actual trial going on and real lawyer's costs for the defendants.  The first hearing has already taken place but the judge has not issued a ruling.    From the SFGate website: The first hearing in Devin Nunes' cow-related Twitter lawsuit was an udder circus

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 11

I hear Russell DeJaynes has an excellent "meanies on the internet" attorney he could probably refer this guy to. I believe it's the firm of Butthurt, Butthurt, and Butthurt. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 16

5 minutes ago, HeadshipRegent said:

Methinks you shouldn’t be antivaxx if you’re prolife, Paulie boy. 

There are so many anti-vaccine prolifers. It’s the one single thing Jill Rod is ok about. She never indicated she is anti-vaccine in any way and she’s not anti-doctor either. But there are so many fundies that are. And it’s scary. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

The only anti-vaxxers  I know personally are very hippie granola types. It's an interesting phenomenon across the political spectrum.

They are very sweet people who are otherwise good parents but man, they fall for the "it's not natural" BS. The wife grew up on a Quaker organic farm so I guess that kind of thinking makes sense to her? I dunno, pretty sure she and husband both got vaccinated.

Luckily their kids are OK and as far as I know, haven't spread it to anyone. They lucked out by being in an OK area for vaccine rates, I guess. They also didn't do the last ultrasound for both pregnancies because "radiation." As someone said above, sound radiation is not ionizing!

• Upvote 5

15 minutes ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

The only anti-vaxxers  I know personally are very hippie granola types. It's an interesting phenomenon across the political spectrum.

They are very sweet people who are otherwise good parents but man, they fall for the "it's not natural" BS. The wife grew up on a Quaker organic farm so I guess that kind of thinking makes sense to her? I dunno, pretty sure she and husband both got vaccinated.

Luckily their kids are OK and as far as I know, haven't spread it to anyone. They lucked out by being in an OK area for vaccine rates, I guess. They also didn't do the last ultrasound for both pregnancies because "radiation." As someone said above, sound radiation is not ionizing!

In my experience, many of the anti-vaxxers are on opposite ends of the political spectrum. On one end you have the very liberal hippie types and on the other end you have the very conservative anti-government types. I have known of very few middle of the road types who are anti-vax.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 7

Thanks for the article @Curious 

I am confused by what I bolded in this section of the article:

In May, there was an ultra-Orthodox anti-vaccination “symposium” in a ballroom in Monsey—men and women separated by a makeshift wall, Wakefield present via Skype. A Satmar rabbi, Hillel Handler, stood and suggested that the measles outbreak was an anti-Hasidic conspiracy concocted by Mayor Bill de Blasio, as a cover for diseases imported by Central American immigrants. Others equated what they called “forced vaccination” with the Holocaust.

A representative of the Church of Scientology offered logistical help. The state’s director of epidemiology, Debra Blog, sat quietly near the front of the women’s section, but after a while, dismayed by the rhetoric of what McDonald, of the C.D.C., had taken to calling “the pro-measles movement,” she left. “I knew it was going to be bad, but not this bad,” she told me. “The speakers were terrible. I realized that if I got up to say something I was going to get hauled out of there.”

What is the CO$ doing at an ultra-orthodox anti-vac symposium? We know it isn't out of the goodness of their hearts...

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

That caught my attention as well.  WTF, Scientology?  But the way it's phrased, I didn't understand if Scientology was offering logistical help to to pro-vaccinate people or the anti-vaxx folks. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, forgetmenow said:

Why am I not surprised?

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

22 hours ago, Spanger said:

If I found a thread about myself or my family on an internet forum, and said thread had been totally dead for over a year, I'd just assume the chatters had gotten bored and moved along.  The last thing I would do is talk about it on Facebook- that's just asking for the zombie thread to be resurrected.

Yep, best way would have been to not respond.  Years ago, Mr. No was actually "outed" on a internet forum he frequented, the person who did it was his ex-best friend who had taken to stalking him online.  The topic, which had few replies because seriously no one really cared, had nearly rolled down to the bottom of the first page by the time he found it.   He didn't respond because it would resurrect the thread and also confirmed who he was. 

4 hours ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

My niece and nephew were not vaccinated, my SIL bought into all my MIL's woo about vaccines.  She also didn't have ultrasounds even when she was suspected to be carrying twins.  

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1