IGNORED

Dillards 32: To VBAC or not to VBAC

Coconut Flan

Throwing my hat into the baby pool:

Born July 10 afternoon 10lbs 5oz

VBAC will be attempted at home but a C-Section  will be required

To further the Jessa and Jill tension Jill won't be able to have a large family while Jessa continues to have easy births 

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

This is why so many women opt for maternity maxi dresses the last few weeks.  There is nothing to bind or pinch.  Jill is as ever clueless.

I havent been pregnant in three years, and still wear my maternity maxi dress occasionally . . . It's just so comfy :my_rolleyes:

Also. I think Jill will go overdue again, by several days.  I'm thinking the 10th, or later.  Baby will be at least 9lbs, if not 10lbs.  She'll desperately seek a homebirth VBAC, but might just end up with another c-section (though hopefully not an emergency one.  Hope mama and baby are safe and healthy!)

I hope TLC said GO TO THE DAMNED HOSPITAL or you are fired. Not here to debate home birth. Just truly stupid to risk Mom and Baby over a stupid birth plan. The result should be a healthy Mom and a healthy child. End of discussion. Michelle went to the hospital if there was any sign of trouble. I hope since the last near disaster that TLC and anyone else who can get thru their birth brainwashing has said, "Don't risk it."  Don't be martyr.

My guess: 7/9, they choose to have a VBAC in the hospital. There's way too much emphasis on leaving Sintral Amurica and going to the US for the birth to have her just labor unattended at home. Right...? Right....................???????

Please for the love of muffins, don't let the Dullards attempt an unattended VBAC.

The only thing I feel pretty certain of is that Jill will attempt a VBAC. If she can do so in a birth center (I assume she'd need a doctor and no midwives present), then she might do that. If not, then she may surprise us all and just be in the hospital. 

I really, really, really doubt that TLC will show Jill attempting a birth plan that may be illegal. If she wasn't a public figure, she'd probably go for it, but they need that TLC support.

2 hours ago, ToriT said:

To my untrained eye it looks like baby may be transverse again. Knowing Jill she will probably try a home Vbac which is dangerous. I had 2 successful vbacs but I was in a hospital with professions who could do an emergency c section if something went bad

1 hour ago, Screamapillar said:

I thought so too. Her pregnant belly has been very wide and low with both pregnancies. Unless she has two 7 pound babies in the anterior position in there.....I'm going with an 11 pounder born on 7/13 via c/section.

It's REALLY not possible to tell something like this by how someone is carrying. The only real way to know how baby is positioned is to have a competent OB or midwife feel it or to have an US. It's fully possible baby is transverse (and in fact much more likely than in  a random pregnancy since one possible reason for transverse is that the uterus is shaped unusually in which case it tends to repeat) but there's no real way to know based on how she's carrying, even if she seemed to carry the same way before.

I really hope Jill doesn't do anything stupid. I don't trust dirty cowboy Jesus to actually use his authority for good and insist Jill give birth at a hospital or birthing center.

Speaking of dirty cowboy Jesus,  I saw someone who looked like serial killer Derick at the Fourth of July celebration I went to. Similar hair, body type...scary eyes...

1 minute ago, breakfree said:

It's REALLY not possible to tell something like this by how someone is carrying. The only real way to know how baby is positioned is to have a competent OB or midwife feel it or to have an US. It's fully possible baby is transverse (and in fact much more likely than in  a random pregnancy since one possible reason for transverse is that the uterus is shaped unusually in which case it tends to repeat) but there's no real way to know based on how she's carrying, even if she seemed to carry the same way before.

Its super interesting to know that transverse can be because of the uterus shape, do you know how often that happens?  What are other causes?  It seems that it is rare to have a transverse baby, and so now I'm wondering how often it repeats.  I may have to learn about it on Dr. Google. 

6 hours ago, flycat said:

BIRTH POOL! I took the liberty of pulling together everyone's guesses. If I missed you, please forgive me and let me know!

Throw me in there for good measure 7/11.  9 pounds 12oz

15 minutes ago, NakedKnees said:

The only thing I feel pretty certain of is that Jill will attempt a VBAC. If she can do so in a birth center (I assume she'd need a doctor and no midwives present), then she might do that. If not, then she may surprise us all and just be in the hospital. 

I really, really, really doubt that TLC will show Jill attempting a birth plan that may be illegal. If she wasn't a public figure, she'd probably go for it, but they need that TLC support.

They already showed that Fedosky lady illegally attending Jessa's birth.  Well, they only showed her arm, which I think is telling of how little they care. And viewers are naive and don't realize how "midwife" can mean a lot of different things and are happy to assume they actually have a competent professional there, so there's little to no pushback from viewers about any of it.

1 minute ago, justoneoftwo said:

Its super interesting to know that transverse can be because of the uterus shape, do you know how often that happens?  What are other causes?  It seems that it is rare to have a transverse baby, and so now I'm wondering how often it repeats.  I may have to learn about it on Dr. Google. 

It's not the super most reputable source but according to

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/x25017771/what-happens-when-my-baby-is-in-transverse-lie#ixzz4lzjNAT7y a baby is more likely to end up in the transverse lie position if:

you have too much amniotic fluid in your womb (polyhydramnios), you’ve had multiple pregnancies, you have any abnormalities of the womb, you have a low-lying placenta (placenta praevia), you have fibroids or ovarian cysts

How I knew about this though is that I had a cousin who had 4 babies in this position before she was advised to stop (and followed the doctors advice and did so) and they concluded pretty definitively that the reason was that, unlike most women, her uterus/womb was wider side to side than up to down. This is really rare but does happen and if it's the case for a specific woman,  her chances of transverse are a lot higher each time. 

2 minutes ago, breakfree said:

It's not the super most reputable source but according to

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/x25017771/what-happens-when-my-baby-is-in-transverse-lie#ixzz4lzjNAT7y a baby is more likely to end up in the transverse lie position if:

you have too much amniotic fluid in your womb (polyhydramnios), you’ve had multiple pregnancies, you have any abnormalities of the womb, you have a low-lying placenta (placenta praevia), you have fibroids or ovarian cysts

How I knew about this though is that I had a cousin who had 4 babies in this position before she was advised to stop (and followed the doctors advice and did so) and they concluded pretty definitively that the reason was that, unlike most women, her uterus/womb was wider side to side than up to down. This is really rare but does happen and if it's the case for a specific woman,  her chances of transverse are a lot higher each time. 

Thank you, that very interesting.  

So does anyone know how an OB would tell without an ultrasound?  

5 minutes ago, FakePigtails said:

They already showed that Fedosky lady illegally attending Jessa's birth.  Well, they only showed her arm, which I think is telling of how little they care. And viewers are naive and don't realize how "midwife" can mean a lot of different things and are happy to assume they actually have a competent professional there, so there's little to no pushback from viewers about any of it.

I'd hate to see naive viewers/leg jumpers watch Jill have an unattended high risk births and think, "what a godly example! I shall put my faith in the lord and do the same!" Would TLC care about causing other women to risk their lives? I'm leaning towards no.

5 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

Pretty much any competent OB can tell what position a baby is in after 30ish weeks just by feeling. In the rare case that there is doubt, an ultrasound is then given, but this is really rare.

As for the shape of the uterus, to tell that for sure I think there would need to be an ultrasound but I'm no medical professional.

21 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

Midwives and OB's are trained to feel the position of the baby. A transverse baby is very easy to detect, because you can feel the head of the baby on one side of the uterus and the bottom of the baby on the other side (a breach position can be harder to detect, because the head of the baby can be mistaken for the bottom)

3 hours ago, speller24 said:

I thought Anna and Jessa had midwives at their births? If Jill technically is one, that would mean for  Henry's birth Jessa had one. Anna gave birth with Marcus in a birthing center, right- Mack and Michael's I'm not sure about, and god only knows what happened with Meredith's. But I thought I saw somebody I didn't recognize at Spurgeon's birth, when she finally delivered him? IDK, though. I would bet money either way lol

I agree though, and think Jill will do an unattended. I still think it will end up with her in the hospital. 

Jill is not recognized in the state of AR as a lay midwife. She never took the state-mandated exams, just the NARM, which is only recognized as part of the licensure process. 

While Jessa did not have the dangerous labor with Spurgeon that Jill did with Israel, she did bleed and it could have gone bad. I think the fact that TLC filmed Henry's birth at the house is telling. I think TLC will film Jill where she wants, with little input. 

Which is stupid but also reminds me, how are the Duggars okay with being filmed giving birth considering their modesty standards? They've got who knows how many men there, filming them. Do the cameramen just promise not to look at their genitals? Makes no sense to me.

7 hours ago, flycat said:

BIRTH POOL! I took the liberty of pulling together everyone's guesses. If I missed you, please forgive me and let me know!

Missed me out - I was team independence day with 10'5-10'9. I'm still thinking the same weight, but now 11/7

8 minutes ago, BabyBottlePop said:

While Jessa did not have the dangerous labor with Spurgeon that Jill did with Israel, she did bleed and it could have gone bad. I think the fact that TLC filmed Henry's birth at the house is telling. I think TLC will film Jill where she wants, with little input. 

Which is stupid but also reminds me, how are the Duggars okay with being filmed giving birth considering their modesty standards? They've got who knows how many men there, filming them. Do the cameramen just promise not to look at their genitals? Makes no sense to me.

That was home video, not TLC. They showed up after the birth. 

52 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

I really hope Jill doesn't do anything stupid. I don't trust dirty cowboy Jesus to actually use his authority for good and insist Jill give birth at a hospital or birthing center.

Speaking of dirty cowboy Jesus,  I saw someone who looked like serial killer Derick at the Fourth of July celebration I went to. Similar hair, body type...scary eyes...

We are of course assuming there that he wants a good outcome (I know nothing, just there was a seemingly loved up couple not far from us until he bumped her off).

19 minutes ago, BabyBottlePop said:

It's all about the almighty $$$. That being said, I imagine the Duggar women wearing long skirts so that only the midwife/birthing assistant/husband can glance at their ladyparts. Also the camera people only seem to film from a comfortable distance, and above the waist.

1 hour ago, FakePigtails said:

Was it illegal? If it was indeed her I think it was just stupid and dangerous, not illegal.

I think Michelle looks better and better every time I see her. Even her personality seems to be more vibrant. The cessation of constant pregnancies have IMO been good for her. I imagine her nutrient status was constantly depleted, which is why her pallor looks much better now. Pus, she seems to have a bit of spark now. Remember the episode where she sneaked off to try and buy more stuff in the thrift store, and the girls were trying to chase her down?  I think that fun side has been suppressed by her supersized family.

Alright reformatted to make it easier to read!

Birth Dates:

07-01-2017 - albanuadh_1 

07-02-2017 - fluffernutter ,Dandruff 

07-03-2017 - Bugaboo ,Stormy ,PumaLover ,KelseyAnn 

07-04-2017 - Markie ,Daisy0322 ,jerkit ,So-Virgin-It-Hurts ,Bad Wolf ,meee ,BadMammaJana 

07-05-2017 - Gobsmacked ,DillyDally ,Tiny Bubbles ,danni9242 ,singsingsing ,TuringMachine ,The Wanderer ,Bethella ,nst ,SapphireSlytherin ,AlwaysExcited 

07-06-2017 - amers ,HermioneSparrow ,Million Children For Jesus ,TeamDefraudinSquad ,candygirl200413 ,AudreyE ,Jatalie1996 ,season of life ,Dutch_girl ,habert ,FundieBunny 

07-07-2017 - onekidanddone ,Greendoor ,speller24 ,Fluffypaws ,LacyMay ,HRM1216 ,marmalade ,freshlemonade ,Jduggs ,HereticHick 

07-08-2017 - Chewing Gum ,Penny ,gilora ,SunnySideUp 

07-09-2017 - CoveredInBees ,Nikedagain? ,coffeebean7 ,HarleyQuinn ,Mela99 ,Lurker ,bananabread 

07-10-2017 - CharlieInCharge ,SorenaJ ,Incognito22 ,justoneoftwo ,frugalitymom ,Fun Undies ,countingon 

07-11-2017 - ViolaSebastian ,Jaedzia ,PennySycamore ,AlternativeVoice ,MadeItOut 

07-12-2017 - VelociRapture 

07-13-2017 - Miggy ,Screamapillar 

07-14-2017 - Exposedknees 

07-15-2017 - Henk12 

07-16-2017 - klabourdeth 

07-19-2017 - Rachel333 ,Elvis Presby 

Birth Weights:

5 lbs,  oz - Gobsmacked 

6 lbs, 6.6 oz - CoveredInBees 

7 lbs, 4 oz - Markie 

7 lbs, 10 oz - fluffernutter ,klabourdeth 

7 lbs, 17 oz - onekidanddone 

8 lbs, 0 oz - Greendoor 

8 lbs, 3 oz - ViolaSebastian 

8 lbs, 4 oz - countingon 

8 lbs, 5 oz - speller24 

8 lbs, 6 oz - CharlieInCharge 

8 lbs, 10 oz - Fluffypaws ,SorenaJ 

8 lbs, 11 oz - Bugaboo 

8 lbs, 12 oz - amers 

8 lbs, 13.1 oz - DillyDally 

8 lbs, 14 oz - Quiver Full of Kittens 

9 lbs, 0 oz - Stormy ,Tiny Bubbles ,Fun Undies 

9 lbs, 2 oz - albanuadh_1 ,danni9242 ,Chewing Gum 

9 lbs, 3 oz - HermioneSparrow ,LacyMay ,HRM1216 

9 lbs, 4 oz - Million Children For Jesus 

9 lbs, 6 oz - PumaLover ,singsingsing ,TeamDefraudinSquad ,Nikedagain? 

9 lbs, 7 oz - candygirl200413 ,Lurker 

9 lbs, 8 oz - coffeebean7 

9 lbs, 9 oz - TuringMachine ,AudreyE ,Jatalie1996 

9 lbs, 10 oz - Daisy0322 ,season of life ,Penny 

9 lbs, 11 oz - The Wanderer ,Dutch_girl ,Incognito22 

9 lbs, 12 oz - Bethella ,AlternativeVoice 

9 lbs, 13 oz - habert ,marmalade ,gilora ,Rachel333 

9 lbs, 14 oz - melon 

9 lbs, 15 oz - jerkit ,freshlemonade 

9 lbs, high oz - SunnySideUp ,HarleyQuinn 

10 lbs, 0 oz - KelseyAnn ,So-Virgin-It-Hurts ,Jduggs 

10 lbs,  oz - justoneoftwo